Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: Test run!

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

(([i:3pm1v1qc]cough[/i:3pm1v1qc] Jherall [i:3pm1v1qc]cough cough[/i:3pm1v1qc]))

Jherall hardly paid the humans any attention, he had little to fear from a corporeal weapon. Instead the theurge looked at the half elven woman, an unreadable expression on his face, "Yes yes, scary man with a big sword, I got that part." With a finger tip he moved the blade away from his face, "But you, Lady Cleira, I think you response was a little more... unsettling. Did something not work like you expected it to?" A small smile was wide enough to reveal the small fangs Jherall had for incisors.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Blade crackled with strong jolt, brimming with power. Air in the room became saturated with strong stench of burned flesh from contact with sword.
Radiance from edge was different than before. Unlike on first encounter, the furious energy that was anxious to find and destroy it's evil counterpart was not the cause. Instead, it was cold presence of power, that gave feeling of absolute law, oppresion without malevolence or good cause. Universal order, in which only few lifeforces could exist. Binding logic that brings madness or death to free-willed. All that and more was combined in one concentrated source. To make it more hopeless, magic simply faded out of existence, disapearring from space of this room, leaving only true law.
Terrified druid watched as paladin slowly raised his hand to face-lid about mere moments to lowering it with facial expression of automaton.
Warmonger watched eagerly to see old pal returning to normal.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Oh is that supposed to impress me, paladin? I have met many of your ilk before, and you pale in comparison to them, I can assure you. Now please, do not interrupt a lady when she is about to speak." Jherall's gave the paladin and his blade only a sideways glance, "Honestly, why are humans so quick to assume things based on appearance... Could it be perhaps, their pathetically short lifespans?" He asked Lady Cleria. Jherall returned the contents of his spell component pouch, and returned to the windowsill once again. Hopping up lightly upon it, he crossed his fingers, waiting for the druid to respond.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka continued his relentless rampage through the wolves ranks and onward, tearing one canine after the other, ripping a hole right through the main pack. Even as the wolves clamped onto his arms and legs from time to time, he continued on with the ferocity that only Jormungander and Veraka's god, Bahamut, could know. Marala Vharc flashed and another wolf fell, blood spraying everywhere, staining the paladin's platinum scale armor, and all over the ground. It flowed free, staining the ground and pooling in congealed pools.
Veraka yanked his blade out of the corpse; he then turned his attention towards the other wolves, even if he was outnumbered. The paladin's eyes glowed silver with fury as he carved up yet another wolf.

==================

Aurora, now having shaken herself free of the instincts that still were within her, charged over to Veraka's side, her winter wolf jaws and frost breath giving aid to her little brother just as he came into a need for it. Her jaws clamped down on one wolf, while she blasted another just before getting her current prey inside her jaws of death and crushing its neck with her rage.

==================

Jormung reared up on his haunches, spreading his wings, and giving a great flap of them, sending gusts of debilitating wind down at the wolves for a split second; Eo on his back could hear the great golden wyrm inhale deeply, his huge lungs expanding as he gulped down an enormous amount of air, and then, coming down on all fours, Jormungander released his fire-breath upon the wolves that were not engaged directly with Aurora, Vailintin and Blaze, or Veraka. Fire gushed from his maw, encircling his targeted wolves and snuffing them out instantly, the heat melting flesh and fur together, the flames boiling meat and fat to the bone.
"I said they would know fear;" the dragon snarled fumes coming from his nostrils; "now they know death as well."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Time ticking away in the large wolf's mind, he begins to realize something has side-tracked his fellow canine from the task at hand, and yet perhaps there was one tool yet at his disposal, one ability that carries a universal meaning and influence, and may even unite dogs and wolves alike in the madness that seems to drive them. So far the guards have not seemed interested in bothering to silence him, or listen to him for that matter. Again to to the small exterior window does he go, letting his mind flow away from his situation, back to the wild, and to the hunt, then does he raise his voice is a singular howl ringing out with the power and volume fitting for a beast as large and strong as he, a general summons calling to him any others, dog, wolf, or even werewolf alike who might heed such a call.

Perhaps even a crazed wolf-pack caught in battle so far away, deprived of their mighty alpha, might find the call of a Werewolf Lord compelling enough to stay their attack and summon what remains to him. There are not many wolves mightier than such as he, native to the mortal plane.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

((Getting a tad bored of only playing a character in a cage so here's a lesser seen, but more well-documented character))

His journeys had taken him many places, some where his scattered people lived in squalor as mere thieves, others in isolation as rulers of their own mountain-top cities, where no mortal who could not fly, would ever find them, and in some places, they lived lives as diverse as in his homelands. Some items he had acquired since arriving on a chartered ship, that only by demand of his liege lord, had dared to travel so very far beyond known and charted waters. Now to this troubled forest, and troubled road, comes another corvid, a figure that looks like a mix of humanoid and raven. Arriving at the scene of the battle with the skeletons, most of them felled by the clever crossbowmen, he catches a single one as he nears, to see it turn in an attempt to retreat. There is no battle stance assumed, no armor worn, merely a pair of blades fastened at one side. Merely standing his ground, this feathered stranger waits until the retreating undead comes into a range any other warrior would already have assumed a battle stance. Only then, does his left foot shift back, and right hand go to left hip, grasping the hilt of one of his katanas. With two quick motions of drawing and swinging once, then twice, blade flashes out in a strong pair of strokes, decisive and final. Rather than shatter the skeleton though, as most might expect, to the shock and surprise of even the most seasoned warriors in this land that this warrior finds barbaric, that flashing blade, cleaves cleanly through the bones and and axe-wielding arm is slice cleanly off. The second stroke, at a downward angle splits the skeleton cleanly in half. For a second, it stands mid-stride, seemingly unscathed, until one half falls forward, and the other backward.

Feathered warrior steps aside, to let the halves fall, calmly sheathing his blade, and scoffs, [i:10r2t7bn]"Pathetic!"[/i:10r2t7bn] Then up to the walls he glances, and shouts at the humans, with a very human sounding voice, despite having a beak, [i:10r2t7bn]"Who among you is in charge of this... militia?"[/i:10r2t7bn] Though tempted to call them a rabble, his mission is one of diplomacy, and so he is generous and respectful with his choice of words.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Though protected, in part by his fellow druid's powers, from the draining miasma, still Tristian is caught by surprise by this action, and that surprise strikes him with a brief wave of dizziness and nausea. For that brief moment, his composure falters, as does his discipline. And for when this happens, he catches his balance, by leaning against the near desk, whilst muscles ripple with changes in mass and tone, bones begin to reshape, dark fur begins to grow, and Tristian's facial features begin to twist into the semblance of a very large bat. Jaw set, and growling low, he seems about to fully change, when he manages to reign in this transformation, and keep animal instinct at bay.

That cat out of the bag, he can no longer hide the truth of his own lycanthropy, however as just demonstrated, he is in control, and not controlled by that beast within. A venomous, hateful glare is shot to Jherall, a silent promise to kill him if he does that again, [color=#FF8000:1slhnyho] "Master Kars, I fear I've not been entirely forthright, and now it is moot, I too am born with lycanthropy. I have it well under control, and am not ruled by it. I and surely, Lord Nasher of Neverwinter, would appreciate your utmost discretion with this knowledge. My family and I, we provide a great service to the safety of many people, and it would cause more trouble than it's worth to expose me. In a roundabout fashion it is the fault of Lolthite Drow, that this 'condition' runs in my family now."[/color:1slhnyho]
Last edited by Vailintin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Transformation of elf into big hybrid form of bat lycantrope made soldier remember about heavy crossbow that was put on his back. In one fluid motion, the device was taken in hands and aimed at the monster as if it was a twig in his hand. Without lowering his blade, paladin glanced with little emotion behind lowered face-lid of his helmet.
"I knew something was up. The @#$%in' thing came for his own!"
"Calm down, you oaf! He does not mean harm!" Aged half-elf was quick enough to notice transformation and stand between Tristian and most intolerant man in this room.
"Get out of my way, half-blood. Just because farmers owe yo' for grain and food does not mean ye can protect two freaks who have hidden fangs behind parley!" Words were spit through teeth with dripping despisal.
"Two fiends?" She raised her eyebrows, not allowing herself smile in this tense situation. "You do not need protection, Harold. If you talk about the half-fiend, I do not protect him. However..."
Turning to menacing figure of man in black armor, druid shuddered after looking in eyes of human in it. "Yes, the fiend probably deserves death, but do you need to sully your hands with this? You are better than this. Possibly, death of this abomination will end all this, possibly not. Will you take risk?"
There was no reply to this as Kars turned back to face Jherall, both hands grasping blade to prepare for impaling him.

Moon elf that was in truth drow sat on the neck of gold dragon, desperately grabbing for the spine and scales to survive rough ride of attacking dragon. Then, as if signifying another wild trick, adolescent priestess felt rapidly raising warmth generating from golden scales.
"[color=#FF80FF:1zn1cv26]Uh, this can't be good...[/color:1zn1cv26]" Covering eyes, elf looked away from the head that more looked like cat-fish whiskered lizard than usual dragon.
Gust of heat ended as abruptly as it started. Opening her eyes, instead of plain full of many wolves heat-sensitive eyes saw charred ashes that still burned from intensive flame.
"[color=#FF80FF:1zn1cv26]Woah... Good job, Whiskers! Just keep the belch away from trees... Please?[/color:1zn1cv26]" Nervous smile contorted her face as she looked at burning chaos.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall smiled at Kars as he leveled a blade in the direction of his face, "Now honestly do you REALLY think that will solve anything." The half fiend waved his hand, and a stool flew across the room to settle behind him, and the arcanist sat down, adjusting his robes. "Tell me, human, what do you know of wizards?" As he spoke, the half fiend twisted the light rays that passed by him, making his form seem less defined, as if he were a heavily blurred picture. "Then tell me what you know of fiends, or half fiends, since the two are not so different in your mind." A second wave of his hand and a goblet flew over to his hand, also becoming not much more than a lighter blur. The half fiend poured himself some wine into the goblet from a wineskin he must have hidden away somewhere.
Taking a sip of wine, the arcanist continued, "Since I doubt your brain, which has been alive for less than a century, knows very much about either subject, allow me to summarize. Devils scheme, and wizards survive by their brains. Therefore, it should be quite obvious to you humans, that if I was doing something with undead, do you really think that killing a necromancer would hinder him? Death is what they all strive for!" Jherall chuckled, "Oh, and on top of that, do you know what happens to a fiend after it is killed on the Material Plane?"

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Wave of hand that was supposed to move stool made nothing other than ruffle air - the magic simply did not form as intended. The radiating blade, causing all this, still pulsed with aura, scrambling magic energy. On closer inspection, the edge so near flesh, runes with strong dispelling wards could be seen.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall glanced down at the blade, seeing the runes, and an eyebrow rose, "Oh that is an impressive trinket paladin, Heironeous treating you well?" A smile broadened on his face, "Do not trust over much in that weapon, it will only affect the weak magics, and not the abilities granted me by my heritage. Please do remember that. Now, answer my questions, human, what do you know about fiends?"

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As the final wolf came howling down, Veraka let loose a heavy sigh of relief as he yanked his embedded sword out of the fresh corpse, just as his [i:1d47cwdt]Dragon Rage[/i:1d47cwdt] ended. He looked around himself and shook his head, all the sheathing Marala Vharc back in its scabbard.
"A team of soldiers were outmaneuvered by wolves; even if an alpha was with it; these men are no more trained to swat at someone with a sword than a boy is trained to split wood or smith metal."

Aurora spat out the corpse of the alpha from her maw, and padded her way over to her little brother; [i:1d47cwdt]perhaps now, the beasts of the wild know better than to attack one with a dragon at their back, yes?[/i:1d47cwdt]

The aasimar nodded his helmet in agreement; "if at all, we've made less headway with a direct approach than with a side route; however, I'll not be deterred now. I'm picking up faint, but very real trails of evil flowing from the village up ahead of us; and I don't like it that I'm detecting multiple essences."

That was when Jormungander came thudding up closer to group, his huge claws putting furrows the size of cattle into the ground.
"I sense it too; though I'm now in no mood for idle chatter, and useless squabbling." Smoke was still curling up and out of the gold wyrm's nostrils, the heat from his fire breath still giving off from the scales on his head and neck.

Towards Eo, the great gold dragon comes to turn his serpentine head all the way around, and stare her in the eyes with one of his own golden orbs.
"If you're that intimidated by a [b:1d47cwdt]belch[/b:1d47cwdt]," Jormung bit on the word as if it were in his maw; "you wouldn't want to know what happens when a dragon regurgitates a meal." His blazing orbs told Eo to drop the sarcasm, lest it agitate the great dragon more.

"Nor would you want to see what happens when a Dragon farts, to be quite frank." came a sweet, and very pointed, feminine voice from behind the party in the distance. Veraka, Jormung, and Aurora turned their heads to see Neriah flying in gently, her giggling children clasped, one in each arm. It was Jormung who brought his scaled head high above the ground, looking down on where the fey'ri mother and sorceress landed.

"And just what is [b:1d47cwdt]that[/b:1d47cwdt] supposed to mean, Lady Orden?"

"Oh, I think it's as bland as it comes. Watch out for the breath, but also watch out for the rear." Dante and Alasse, the paladin's children, burst out in laughter, while Neriah couldn't restrain herself in chuckling. It was only Veraka, through his training and discipline as a paladin, was able to stifle his oncoming laugh and swallow it.

"Neriah, I do believe that you have just avoided a possible roast out with demons just now."

"Oh yes; barely by a margin," growled Jormung, smoke curling from his maw and nostrils while his slitted pupils narrowed on the fey'ri; "also, it helps your position that you are mated to Veraka, my charge, as well as the mother of his hatchlings, which puts me in a position to grudgingly let your smart-ass remark slide away."

"Alright!" Veraka said aloud, "let's move out, and find out what in the Nine Hells is going on it that gods-forsaken town." Right as the paladin let these words slide from his tongue, Blaze came trotting up to him, neighing and snorting as he did. The paladin reeled onto Blaze's back, gripping the stirrups with his boots, and the reins with his gloves, Veraka settled in nicely on Blaze's saddle. Neriah decided to take to the saddle, sitting with both her legs to one side of Blaze while she let Dante climb up his father's armor to rest on his shoulders. Veraka telepathically gave Blaze the command to head on, and the warcharger did as he was asked, galloping off in the direction of the village, Aurora trailing only barely behind as she sped on, keeping pace with the warcharger.

================

While Veraka rode off with his wife and children towards the village, Jormungander turned around to find Vailintin, and then boomed towards the tiefling; "Vailintin, quit your squabbling about, and get onto my back." The gold dragon let his fear aura fade, and when the tiefling was up and secure on his back, Jormung crouched on the ground with all fours, and then launched himself into the air again, the gravity of Toril pulling at Eo and Vailintin on his back as the great dragon flapped up into the sky, and sailed towards the village.
During the flight, Jormung spoke; "when we reach the village, elfling, I hope that those who sent you are as understanding to you as they are to a dragon. I won't imagine what they'll do if they realize you've given up on your assignment." Jormung let the words sink in, and then spoke again; "also, if you even give off a [b:1d47cwdt]hint[/b:1d47cwdt] at betraying the trust that Veraka, and I have put into you, I will give you a demonstration of what a dragon's honor and trust is worth, and exactly how much vengeance we can give to those whom betray it like cheap coin."

================

Blaze galloped within sight of the village soon enough, just as Neriah asked him if she should take off again, but the paladin told her to forget it with a wave of his armored hand. The troops guarding the blasted place had probably already taken notice of him, and Neriah as well. They'd come soon enough, he was sure. What they didn't know was just how close of a friend that Veraka was to a certain gold dragon.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

A lot of stares filled with distrust and some bows and crossbows were aimed at strange newcomer. Raising hand for holding fire, scarred officer looked down and yelled.
"And what is your intent... uh, strange birdman?" He shared suspicions of his men and order to hold each individual near fort in check.

Group of soldiers was trying to make it to the fort, burdened by their bleeding comrade. Attempts to put cloth bandage did not stop his bleeding completely. That added hurry to their pace. Some of them were sure that trail of blood will put more beasts on their tails. Still, no one complained, all determined to get to the safe place.
Soon, the hope was close, as keep was in their sight.

Drow first scuffled with giggle, then laughed at remark, despite being so close to the subject of humor and it's utter lack of tolerance. Even in such delicate position, she enjoyed the events, not really trying to remember bad sides of encounter. If not for certain distrust of fiendish individuals, she felt she could like this fey'ri.
[color=#FF80FF:18f79s1g]*Note to self. Their breath is not only thing that shoots fire.*[/color:18f79s1g]
Launch in air and dragon's reminder of deal she had made her stifle funny thoughts and think clearly before answering.
"[color=#FF80FF:18f79s1g]I think you give the round-ears too much credit. Why not let me in, without you all and try to reason with them?[/color:18f79s1g]"

There was no reply to question of Jherall. At least no verbal. Blade moved forward with force enough to be counted as attack even by standards of adamantium plated golem.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall side stepped the blade, but he could not avoid the blow entirely, and he got a nasty looking gash on his arm. Blood, much darker and more viscous than a normal human's, began to seep out of the wound. Jherall growled with rage, flames sparking to life behind his eyes. Once again, the miasma began to seep out from under his cloak, and while it didn't spread out across the whole room, Jherall's form was very hard to distinguish in the dark cloud he summoned. "Human, calm yourself, I did not come here to fight." As he spoke, the half fiend cast a spell to further make himself harder to hit, bending the light around himself so it seemed as if he was standing elsewhere (displacement).

Zyeke
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Tristian growls and glares at Kars now, [color=#FFBF00:12krv4p1]"Please, calm yourself, of all here, I was most affected by his miasma, and even I am keeping a sound mind, lower the weapon and trust in this, my sense of smell is far superior to the rest of yours, if this 'man' were a necromancer of any degree greater than an inexperienced dabbler, I'd know, my family and I have spent long enough hunting and slaying undead, that the scent of them and they who create them are well known to us. A full horde of skeletons like that was either called by a number of novices working together, or an individual of considerably more power, such as a Pale Master, evil cleric, or Lich, if I were to guess. The conjurer of the undead horde, if he or she is not within your city already is not among those of us here. I recommend we find the source of that problem first, and worry about people's heritage later. As it is, there's enough troubles going in over racial conflicts in the east, what with reports of a massive Orc army, comprised of many clans, led by a king who their shamans are claiming is Grumsh incarnate."
[/color:12krv4p1]
Once his composure is fully regained, mind fully in control of the beast within, and posture straightens, he continues, [color=#FFBF00:12krv4p1]"I'd also suggest letting the wolf out temporarily to help defend the village, his actions up until now may not have shown him trustworthy, but if the wild beasts of the lands have been caught up in all this madness, then he may have a better chance of convincing dogs and mundane wolves alike to calm down. A druid can commune with animals on an empathic level, a werebeast can speak to all animals of their particular phenotype as easily as if two people holding a conversation. Wolves and dogs both, are given greatly to forming social bonds, usually following the strongest among them as their leader, a pack. You have no reason to trust my judgement, I suppose, but I have faith that Selune watches him now, and if he's shown kindness and a bit of trust, in spite of his heritage, he may yet show your eyes that he has both honor, and a soul deserving a full life."
[/color:12krv4p1]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recovering from the paralyzing fear that had gripped him upon Jormung's landing, daring Tiefling grins at the dragon, [color=#FF0000:12krv4p1]"No demands for what I was thinking? Or does that interrogation occur in the air?"[/color:12krv4p1] Of course he climbs on without delay, but grins at the dragon none the less. Once returned to his back makes the plain statement,[color=#FF0000:12krv4p1] "No need to ask, just had a very odd sensation come over me. I knew I could do it, and even before I let go completely I'd felt... trust. Doesn't happen often, which you may take as an honor if you please. I hardly even know you yet, and there I went trusting you as if we'd been partners for years. I can hardly imagine what it could mean."[/color:12krv4p1]
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

The Tengu held his ground, and kept his weapon sheathed whilst addressed, [i:27cy087a]"Strange am I? My brethren are scattered across this land you call Faerun, and you call them Kenku. My mission, is to locate all of them that I can and aid them either returning to their native homeland, or finding prosperity in this one. This order takes precedence, but honor demands I aid you in your struggles against evil. Whether or not you accept my help, makes no difference in the world. One way or another, my aid you will have."[/i:27cy087a] So matter of fact, refusing this officer the choice to accept help or reject it. If entry is not allowed, attackers approaching this gate will have to get by him first, and if it is, enemies who get through would face him still. Though surely, having one who handles his blades with such precision and skill, both of which are clearly magical weapons of great quality, would make a great ally to have. Particularly one who speaks of following orders and the demands of honor.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki