[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Re: [Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

As Zana entered the in as she followed the aasimar and the others silently. She was familiar with this region, but not this particular inn, and she'd have to keep it in mind for future reference. She noted the elf speaking to Veraka as they entered and chose to keep her skeptical opinion to herself. She'd seen many things in her life and been around not the best of sorts, either, making her keep her guard up. The elf actually almost reminded her of someone she once knew so she thought she would just keep an eye on her, just in case. To let your guard down was to sign you death warrant.

[i:czjf3kmf]Keep your eyes and ears sharp,[/i:czjf3kmf] Vlad said darkly as his protective instincts automatically kicked in.

[i:czjf3kmf]That goes for you too,[/i:czjf3kmf] Zana reminded him and took a seat at the table with Veraka and Drakin.

The oversized tiger headed back outside in search for perhaps a nice deer for dinner. [i:czjf3kmf]Let me know if you find out anything useful.[/i:czjf3kmf]

Zana nodded to the tiger and turned her attention back to the others right as Veraka mentioned the note. She had been extremely curious as to what was written and wouldn't have minded getting her hands on it first, but she was content to listen.

[i:czjf3kmf]"The letter mentions you, and your daughter. You're expendable, though preferable alive. Don't know why they'd want you alive after losing so many men now. You're daughter is a needed alive. It also mentions me: dead or alive. And Zana: alive."[/i:czjf3kmf]

Zana perked up as she heard her name come from the assassin's mouth and furrowed her brow. "What?" she asked, quietly and looked at both assassin and aasimar with confusion. "This doesn't make sense," she said quietly to them and shook her head, trying to wrap her head around what he'd just said. "Why would they be after us? Who the hell is 'they'? How can he help?" Zana asked, having a good idea as to how he could but was still bursting with curiosity and confusion.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena spent a few moments in the grove, watching others taking Kalannar into one of the tents and setting him down. [i:2fuix4gu]Do take care of him.[/i:2fuix4gu] The young priestess uttered softly. [i:2fuix4gu]~We will.[/i:2fuix4gu] A narrow strong hand was placed on her shoulder. Luexena smiled and looked to the older priestess. [i:2fuix4gu]Mother... It is good to see you again. But I think we're going to depart once more. The vision of the Lady is urging me to remain with that odd group.[/i:2fuix4gu] Ty'el inclined her head regally, then touched Luex' forehead, blessing her. The young drow closed her eyes at that fleeting touch, then looked back to the Matron with a smile, before turning and walking out of the enclave through the portal.

Luex paused by the door of the inn, glancing around briefly, then her expression turned impish. [i:2fuix4gu]Oh, stop hiding, dear Seldsyrr. I know you're around.[/i:2fuix4gu] The priestess beckoned the sneaky ranger to follow her and entered the inn, joining her companions now. Another quick smile was given to the elven wizard. [i:2fuix4gu]Might need your aid again, little brother.[/i:2fuix4gu] After that the woman locked her lavender gaze upon the group.
Seldsyrr
Maid
Maid

Post by Seldsyrr »

[i:32itxm86]After seeing Luexena return from the Shrine around the corner of the Inn, he grins softly at her words before following within the Inn doors after moving from shadow. Pulling his hood down, obviously showing no fears of revealing his ebony skin within, he responds quietly to her, [/i:32itxm86]“As you wish..”

[i:32itxm86]Adjusting his cloak, he moves near a table as his eyes continue to watch around the tavern, then whispers softly to Luexena,[/i:32itxm86] “You were missed, Luexena. Are you staying?”[i:32itxm86], he regards each person within the tavern for a moment.[/i:32itxm86]
Runaiwem Tiwele
Maid
Maid

Post by Runaiwem Tiwele »

Runaiwëm looked up from his papers at all the sudden noise as people started to gather. That had interrupted his concentration and he crossed out a whole page of calculations, slightly annoyed by this.

"Sine of pi divided by two is one, you stupid… that's where the mistake was!", the wizard muttered under his breath and rolled the parchment in hands before using a simple cantrip to send it away… however upon hearing Luexena's voice, he changed its direction and sent the ball of paper right at her forehead. He grinned a bit and spoke up innocently.

"Hello there, big sister!", he said eyeing the woman, apparently shorter than him, "what's going on around? I was just trying to figure out how to improve the disintegration spell when… well! I heard more and more people coming! Is everything alright?", he noticed Seldsyrr then and gave him a slight wave. The ball of paper was picked up with another small cantrip and hit his chin from below.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir chuckles at Drakin's words, and nods. "Aye. A bit of wine or mead- Hells, I'll even take some ale- soungood right about now." He resheaths his blades in his boots after whispering the command to shrink them back to dagger-form, and now appears unarmed as the group enters the inn. He gives the woman asking Veraka for directions a long look, sizing her up as he does everyone he meets. Whether as a potential friend or foe, who can say? But he catches Drakin's odd wink at her, and grins. <Maybe our assassin friend isn't as cold and aloof as he'd like others to think...> he muses. There IS something odd about the female, though. What, he can't quite tell, but she moves a bit too much like his half-sister for comfort. Then again, ANYTHING that reminds him of Morganna causes discomfort. As he joins them all at the table, and picks up his cup and pours some elverquisst, he listens to the discussion between Veraka and Drakin.

"You've been a very busy fellow, abbil, annoying so many people enough to want you dead. Why your family is involved is a mystery, though. Unless they are just being very thorough in getting rid of all trace of you. Or maybe something to do with her blood?" The last thought sickens him- as child of both a half-celestial and half-fiend, she might be very valuable to those with certain kinds of knowledge and no scruples in using it.....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Directions given, suspicious glances met with a harmless smile, and wink met with with a coy smile, Carah turns to follow the trio of gentlemen indoors, tipping her hat to the last, Lothir.

Within the inn, Carah parts way from following behind Lothir, and heads toward the sight of her sister coming down from their room, wearing a sly smirk. A quiet nod passes between the two, [color=#FF00FF:mfzoaxwo] "The room is ready sister,"[/color:mfzoaxwo] Neri opening conversation between them,[color=#FF00FF:mfzoaxwo] "have you found where we need to go next?"[/color:mfzoaxwo]

[color=#0000BF:mfzoaxwo]"Was there ever any doubt? We're just a tad off course, but we just follow the directions from mister big and shiny over there,"[/color:mfzoaxwo] pointing a thumb toward general direction of Veraka,[color=#0000BF:mfzoaxwo] "and we should be well on our way to an easy pay-day."[/color:mfzoaxwo]

Now, between all the interactions between party of heroes and these two temporary mercenaries, it would be an obvious thing to an alert wizard, the presence of magical auras on both ladies. With one the magic is isolated to those subtle bumps under her cloak, but the other, a magic user herself, and two invocations placed upon her person the magic aura is all about her. Though, is this really what a room full of males will have their minds on? Down these two set to their own table, side-by-side one could barely tell them apart, thanks in part to Carah's disguises for them both, and of course being twins. Their conversations from then on are quiet ones, mixed among whispers and low-kept voices, interrupted by bouts of giggling and laughter, as glances, gazes, and occasional finger pointing is tossed around, mostly at Drakin, Lothir, Runaiwëm, and the table full of dwarves.

Devout followers of Sharess, and when possible frequent visitors to the festhall temples. Practitioners of the faith, of the goddess of cats, pleasure, and hedonism, these two may be dangerous to get drawn in by, but for now they are seemingly harmless travelers, stopping here for rest and perhaps some company for the night. Effects on the men in the room aside, cats at least tend to know when cat-lovers are in the room, and be they hunting cats, or domestic cats, these two ladies exhibit a preternatural attraction for such. Not a single one to approach them however, would be denied their attention, or affection, they are after all sacred to Sharess, and equally beloved by these sisters, an affection that on occasion has put them on good terms with a druid or two.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inriia waited outside a bit. Something was bothering her sense more than usual. She was sensing something else afoot. When the others entered, including strangers from other locals, the sorceress rogue motioned over the ranger and whispered her suspicions.
"[color=#BF4080:rc0pj7ow]lets us take a look around this outside a moment first[/color:rc0pj7ow]."
Inriia walked around the building and garden, even checked out the others mounts. Her own mount, brung forth from magic, had vanished as the spell expired.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He shared the same level of discomfort with things. He was not overly thrilled with so many people in such a confined space, moreso as it was nothing but a melting pot of cultures and tensions. Shifting slightly he made sure his dagger was close at hand and ready to be unleashed. Following her he watched the surrounding area it was best to have safety in numbers, though he did things alone for her sake it was best to have backup. Gods only knew what was brewing if their 'encounter' was any indication, they'd have all the heavens and hells pouring out on them before this would be over.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the sorceress still wasnt in a rush to head in yet, even if a nice bed and a warm bath did sound pleasant, and very much desired. maybe someone's idea of a cruel joke as about. after a good 10 minutes after many had entered and with some stretches and movement, Inriia walked over to the ranger and motioned she was going inside with a soft tug on his arm, slightly teasing to add with the fake pout she gave. Boredem and unease made her on edge which made her more spunky at times.

Inside, she gave a sweeping yet careful investigation of everyone, especially those she didnt know. finding a table empty yet next to her travel companions, she took a seat, tossing very long locks her back behind her and out of her way she waited until someone walked over to take an order to the different groups, then finally make way to her table.
"[color=#BF4080:ea5y017d]non-alcoholic?[/color:ea5y017d]" she asked, narrowing her eyes when the person questioned her choice. there wasnt much of a selection, and Inriia settled for a glass of goat milk. a glass she double checked with a simple spell before daring to take a sip. Inriia stared at it her thoughts running and jumping through her mind, her leg slightly boucing as she sat.
the green scaled lizard crawled out of her pouch and onto the table with a yawn. Zarstra blinked a few times to take in the new surroundings before registering she was in a tavern of sorts.
'[color=#BF0040:ea5y017d]whats for supper[/color:ea5y017d]?' the violet eyed lizard asked thru the link she shared with the sorceress.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn landed his roc well away from the village. He had plenty of experience with the reaction huge eagle caused in simple farmers and local militia, and had no need to relive them tonight. Therefore, Elwyn entered the inn well behind everyone else. His eyes quickly picked up the table the main group sat at, and he picked the table Inriia sat at. He quietly sat down opposite her, and let the heavy gourd drop from his shoulders. As the majority of his physical components had been replaced by arcane machinery, Elwyn had no need for food or drink, so the human simply sat at the table, listening to the conversation that took place amongst the majority of the group.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding as he moved watching quietly, he wasn't going to rush in foolishly either. Looking to her at the tug he nodded and followed her inside, he knew the look and boredom with her was something to avoid. Fire usually was a known thing to come to the front. Thinking for a moment as he'd move to the table with her taking a seat he leaned back in the chair as he sat next to her. He took to a wine, as he too checked it over silently for anything before taking a drink. Looking at Elwyn as he took a seat, he didn't say anything for the moment, though it was clear there was probably a single thought flooding through the group whether at the forefront or not. Taking another sip he spoke" We're going to have to be on high alert from here on you know. No more games."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((its winter aint it in this RP?))
the sorceress narrowed her eyes for a moment, still not forgetting the incident at the last camp, Elwyn riling her up knowing full well how unstable and fiery she was. of course she just as quickly changed the thought, a hand running through her hair.
Inriia pursed her lips, then looking up as a larger plate of venison with roasted veggies was set in the middle of table. She set some of the greens on the table before Zarstra to enjoy then cut her meat for herself. which of course in her usual habit was checked for anything. the waitress rolling her eyes at the action.
"[color=#BF4080:tewdy8bp]no more games?[/color:tewdy8bp]" she fake pouted, "[color=#BF4080:tewdy8bp]wheres the fun in that[/color:tewdy8bp]?" taking a bite with flair and a wink. then she got a bit serious, her thoughts suddenly aloud, "[color=#BF4080:tewdy8bp]answers would be nice. someone to fry....[/color:tewdy8bp]" pausing the fork before her mouth, "[color=#BF4080:tewdy8bp]he knew too much. just as we get a real lead in finding her too[/color:tewdy8bp]," she replied, almost randomly.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

An attentive ear or two, kepot on the group of companions, including their target, something brings a pause to their quiet chatter, and tempting flirtations with every race of male that happens to cross their line of sight. From across the way, and a different table Carah interjects, [color=#0000FF:27ci6eq4]"Begging your pardon, we couldn't help but overhear. Am I to understand there's someone you're looking for? My sister and I, could keep an eye out for this person, if you'd care to give us a description and a name. It's the least we could do since you were kind enough to give directions."[/color:27ci6eq4]
Neri gives an affirming nod, [color=#FF00FF:27ci6eq4]"After we deliver our message, we've little better to do until we get back to Luskan and get paid, and it sounds like you could use some help."[/color:27ci6eq4]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He knew the look she had and he just shook his head slightly almost as if to say to wait the time for scorching everything will come soon. Watching her eat for the moment he looked to the waitress and the look. Just shaking his head at her for the moment he picked at some of his bread quietly. Years testing poisons, you knew what to look for in food, still he tested it quietly." Let's just say when the games are over.. the real fun begins." Taking another drink he nodded slowly" We'll find more, she has too many connections.. webs leading off from the source. We'll get the chance in time. Be patient, I have a feeling, we're getting closer than one wants to imagine." Eating some of his own dinner he fed the feline next to him some pieces. Over the years he honed instincts for these things, predatory instinct, be patient and conserve energy, when the time was right, strike hard and fast.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[color=#BF4080:3vq6nq5d]patience? ha![/color:3vq6nq5d]" the folk shoved into her mouth. If there was one thing that would probably never describe the fiery sorceress, patience was probably near the top. a girl of action, or often reaction. the sorceress heard the cloaked figure ask the question to _______, Inriia not pleased at all that their were listening. She knew she wasnt being as secretive as she could have. But she could reason they were after something. years of being such a scout on missions for House Jaelre, she knew the tricks.
Inriia looked over slightly annoyed, her face not hiding her thoughts (facial expressions) about their prying, nor their earlier behavior. then she chuckled mirthlessly, replying in the same language they used, "[color=#BF4080:3vq6nq5d]conveniently, you ask such a question[/color:3vq6nq5d]."