Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by veraka »

Sanisa looked to Adian, even as he praised her and kissed her hand, a gesture which she accepted, and spoke; "young paladin; do not assume to thank me for doing what I am sworn to do, by my very command and existence." The Solar's face was stern and commanding, like that of a veteran general, hardened by the fires of war, and and forged with the steel of battle. The Solar looked as if she had experienced both, her firm straight face having faced off with the hardest and most evil of forces in the universe and having survived the battle.
"I am not worthy of any kindness or praise; I am doing as my lord Torm bids me; your blindness is but an example of what I am sworn to heal. Your children are also an example that the Loyal Fury commands my hand to cleanse."

The celestial woman turned towards Cinder, and strode over to Cinder's side, her six wings unfurled behind her mithral half-plate armor, her golden eyes soft, but firm.

"Cinder, I need you to trust me," Sanisa spoke as she took her armored glove off of her hand; her hand seemed to radiate light from her skin, as it was the palest of whites, however, it seemed to glow in a silvery fashion. She knelt down in front of the drowess, two of her wings folding around her to enclose her form, where only her bare hand extended forth and was placed on Cinder's belly, and over her womb and the twins that were within.

"My son!!" Sanisa boomed, her voice echoing over and through the rooms; "I will need your assistance for this."

Veraka nodded and got up from where he was with Neriah and Aurora, and walked over to his mother, his platinum dragon scale armor glowing in reflection to what light was available in the area around him. The paladin strode over to where his mother was.
Sanisa nodded, and then looked up to her son; "Veraka, I will need your abilities to assist me in counteracting the possible magic damage done to Adian and Cinder's children."

Veraka said nothing as he nodded and let his mother do the talking. Sanisa then turned back to Cinder, and gave her a reassuring smile; "no child of my son's or any friend of his will suffer whilst I draw air from this universe."
The Solar felt her son place two firm hands on her shoulders, as her son possessed considerable strength, and in her current form, towered over her medium poly-morphed frame.

"Loyal Fury, Dark Maiden, Lord of the Northern Winds; Three for One, this one cries for thee intervention. Let not these two unborn innocents suffer for another's actions. For what have they done to not receive thy mercy." The Solar bowed her head low in prayer, even as silver light washed over here, and the celestial energy of the gods enveloped her; "Loyal Fury, hear my cry. I beg thine grace, let not these two unborn become evil because of one witch in this world. I beg you, Lord Torm, treat these children as if they were my own, let them not fall into darkness for a mistake they cannot control."
Golden energy crackled around Sanisa, as it seemed her first pray had been heard, but not yet answered.
"Eilistraee, Goddess of the Moon, and the Dark Dancer to those whom have earned your redemption, let not one of your most faithful suffer not by his own mistake, but by an action that he couldn't control nor prevent. I beg you, Eilistraee, Daughter of Corellon, give your mercy to this young paladin, Adian Novar, and his unborn children. Let not these young drowlings be turned to evil before it is even their choice to make, nor should it be. Dark Dancer," Sanisa' raised her head, her eyes glowing solid golden pools of molten energy, staring right at Cinder, or rather, at her womb and her unborn. Divine coursed around and about Sanisa like a serpent hunting its pray. Golden light flowed from the Solar, weaving around her hand and onto Cinder's belly, and, if one payed close enough attention, [b:iog5xudv]into[/b:iog5xudv] her womb as well. It was around that time that Veraka and his armor began to glow solid platinum, the symbol of Bahamut on his chestplate shining brighter than the sun, but not blinding the drow around him.
It was mother and son, Archangel and Paladin, fusing their respective powers and abilities together to channel the will of not one, but [b:iog5xudv]three[/b:iog5xudv] gods through them. Sanisa, though a Solar, was still a servant to Torm, and as such, she could only charge so much power from her chosen deity through her hands. However, with her son, the celestial woman could pull much, [b:iog5xudv]much[/b:iog5xudv] greater power and more gods through her hands. The Solar saw through her golden vision, the strands of darkness that made up the curse. With a patience that shamed a dragon, Sanisa slowly began to peel away at the layers of magic that were involved in the curses creation. One by one, the Solar lifted away those dark fibers, straning herself not to mess up, tangle or twist but one strand the wrong way.

"Bahamut, lord of dragons; hear my plea. Let your great eyes see the injustice that has befallen these younglings, and let them not bear the pain of this curse. Let them live as they should, under the care and nurturing guidance of their mother and father, as well as the Dark Maiden and her gentle hand. Bahamut, Platinum Dragon, Hear me and answer my call!" Sanisa all but cried out these words.

"Bahamut, King of Dragons, my lord. I beg you, cure my fellow paladin's children; bless them with healthy, long lives; not cursed, twisted ones. Let these young ones be a symbol of peace and justice for generations to come. Grant this to your champion, Lord of Dragons!" Veraka shouted towards the heavens, even as his mother was now labored in her breathing, her lungs expanding and contracting with serious effort. It took but a second for Veraka's symbol of Bahamut to glow platinum, and then be followed by a roaring dragon, as a spirit shape of a silver dragon came soaring out of the glimmering light of Veraka's symbol. The dragon spirit twisted effortlessly around Sanisa, and then around Cinder for a split second, and then took a nose-dive right for the heavens, through the roof.

Sanisa stepped away from Cinder, her gasping for air a testament to the power that she had just been given to use, and had wielded it with great precision. "Cinder, Adian," the Solar spoke to them both, looking at each in turn; "your children will not be afflicted by this curse again. So has spoken by not one, but three gods."
Veraka removed his hands from his mother's shoulders, and looked at his mother with astonishment.
Sanisa smiled at her son, even if she had to breath deeply for many moments to hold her poise; "My son; don't be so surprised. You helped as well."

"Mother; I'm not like you; but I'm glad you were here."

"So am I, my son; So am I;" Sanisa answered back, giving her son a long and heartfelt hug.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

((( Huh! ... we ... do what Adain? )))

((( nice writing Mr V you almost had me in tears rl :cryjoy: )))

Cinder stood still wilst the Solor and Zerake undid the curse upon Adain and her two unborn. Warm tears ran down her face, tear of joy. She felt Adain take her hand, she felt surges of energy move throw her body.
When they had competed the glorious task Cinder first turned to to Adain and was enveloped by his strong imbrace were she took great comfort she looked up to him over come with joy.
Then, she flung her arms around her giant friend " you are so dear to us " she said smiling. " I think Adain will agree that to our son you must be god father it would be a great honor " she said kissing his check.
" And dearest Lady Sanisa what a gift it is to have such a friend in yourself " she turned taking her hand kissing it and wiping the tears from her face with the other hand as she with great difficulty releasted her hand. " meer word are not enough " she curtseied deeply and went back to Adains side burying herself into his side.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked like he was glowing with gratitude. It was several moments before he could trust himself to speak.

"I...I agree. You should indeed be a godfather." He paused for a moment before he realized what he said. "Whatever it is."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" it is a human thing from some other realm my step grandfather is a moonelf human halfling " Cinder replied to Adain.
" it means that Verake would take on a parenting role of a sort, if something happened to u he would over see the up bringing in a fatherly role and in the case that you remain alive his role is a fatherly supportive role " Cinder tryed to explain.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I see," Adian said. "In that case, I could not chose a better man for that role."

Especially if the duty the Dark Maiden had in mind for him involved sacrifice.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((ok, well, this will be the last post for Shores of Dispare (and this the last post for this particular therad as its near its limit). i wanna say thank you to everyone who participated, kept this going and put up with me. i hope yall enjoyed it. ))

the group chatted for a good long time before settling to rest. when all were ready to go the next day, they headed out with the mounts for the village. the journey back was uneventful for everyone, except extreme winter, which allowed a small rest as they moved. after a couple days, they neared Bitterleaf. it was not Pyoro to greet but the town leader to welcome the heroes. the town gathered to hear the story, many shooed off by guards to give the group breathing room. the story didnt remain confined. the companions were able to bring some of the townfolk some closure and the dead's families made provisions to head to the lake and bury their loved ones. rewards were given as promised along with acceptance. the heroes would always be welcome in Bitterleaf.
despite sadness over losses, a festival was thrown to celebrate the end of their troubles. food, alcohol and a party for the companions.

Zarae didnt stay as long. and during a late night when most had passed out and worn from the celebration, she quietly slipped away. but not without a silent thanks for meeting these people and thanks to the Dark Maiden for the adventure. the rogue had made an arrangement with Pyoro earlier. she mounted Moonlight, a wave in the silent night air and trotted away without a word to anyone.

no doubt the companions would move on, probably to warmer climate. on to their next adventure, next stages of life, on to save another day. yet friendship bonds were made, some- more than friendship.

((totally cheesy ending i know.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~