Bhaern Quel Levels Up

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Bhaern Quel Levels Up

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I've just promoted [url=memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4:1imht1uh]Bhaern Quel[/url:1imht1uh] to be moderator for the [url=viewforum.php?f=28:1imht1uh]Chosen of Eilistraee Board[/url:1imht1uh] forums (that's [url=viewforum.php?f=3:1imht1uh]General Discussion[/url:1imht1uh], [url=viewforum.php?f=13:1imht1uh]On Promoting Joy[/url:1imht1uh], etc). He was already moderator for the [url=viewforum.php?f=29:1imht1uh]Roleplaying Board[/url:1imht1uh], but can now moderate the other forums as well.

I should've done this long ago. And was planning to before Christmas, but the Holiday season got away from me.

So join me in congratulating Bhaern on his increased responsibility, which I know he'll handle quite well. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Bhaern Quel Levels Up

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Thank you, Great Lady Most High.
Yes I have receive your orders concerning spammers and shall try to be worthy of the trust you placed in me. *S*
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Finally! Violence of spamming will be repaid with swift violence of deleting!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Rainbow Prism":ke8dxkmn]Finally! Violence of spamming will be repaid with swift violence of deleting![/quote:ke8dxkmn]

Been busy this day, a bot I guess. Must have deleted at least 50.
I do not have (or could not find) power to block that user.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

they waited for you to log off and went back at it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

It is not that. The bot is only here part time. I can catch up for a time and that user is not logged in. Sometimes a post every 10 minutes, sometimes three posts in 2 minutes.
It might be pulling off highjacked computer, it might be poor connection, what every it is I can not stop it from posting.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

so its not a person doing this on purpose?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":333dtu1d]so its not a person doing this on purpose?[/quote:333dtu1d]

Oh a person decided to write the bot, it is possible another person selected us for use of the bot.

I would not waste time PMimg or emailing the user name - in fact it might have high risk to do so.

The posts do have a sort of pattern to them. The fact the user does not appear to notice that posts have not lasted long and the discussion about him not yet noticed.

We might have been a target, and user away for weeken. Computers work 24 hours a day every day when program set up to do it.
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

Congratulations Bhaern. :D

[quote="Bhaern Quel":261jhob4]I do not have (or could not find) power to block that user.[/quote:261jhob4]

I think you [i:261jhob4]might[/i:261jhob4] need access to the ACP to ban users.

Go to any user page (use mine) and you should see two links: "[ Administer user ] [ Banning ]". If you can see those links, you can ban spammers. If you do not see them (or at least if you do not see the second one) you will need to get an administrator to do the banning for you.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Dostrealt":jnqlvzsj]Congratulations Bhaern. :D

[quote="Bhaern Quel":jnqlvzsj]I do not have (or could not find) power to block that user.[/quote:jnqlvzsj]

I think you [i:jnqlvzsj]might[/i:jnqlvzsj] need access to the ACP to ban users.

Go to any user page (use mine) and you should see two links: "[ Administer user ] [ Banning ]". If you can see those links, you can ban spammers. If you do not see them (or at least if you do not see the second one) you will need to get an administrator to do the banning for you.[/quote:jnqlvzsj]

Oh I can ban users now, deleting posts as well. Just some bots were at the time hard to deal with. Your report has been processed, not sure why it got though. Unless after approved it was edited by that spammer.
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":32ufe4j9]Oh I can ban users now, deleting posts as well. Just some bots were at the time hard to deal with. Your report has been processed, not sure why it got though. Unless after approved it was edited by that spammer.[/quote:32ufe4j9]

I've seen some stealth-spammers that post non-spam messages and then go back later to edit posts and add spam links. (I think they figure that forum staff check something once and never go back.)