Vale of Shadows part 7

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Vale of Shadows part 7

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the many hours of travel the bedine led them to the edge of the salt flat then dismounted the camel. the sun was low now, sunset near. the air had chilled much. and with the sweating all had done, it was very chilly. around them the Scimitar Spires guarding the large salt flat completely devoid of water and stretching for miles in all directions.
"we go on foot from here," he announced. "nightfall is upon us. I need not warn yall of the dangers here."
he pulled out his crude map and compass, looking to the sky for gauging his position to begin searching for the hidden cave entrance. but with no stars yet visible, it would be impossible to figure out at the moment.
--
Inriia, still on the camel, pulled out her own map. after they got the human to the underground gate, they would be heading to their next branch of their journey. not far at all, she said to herself.
at least she believed so.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching quietly he shook his head at the question, it was one he asked many times over. He had an idea for an answer but it was one he kept to himself. Wisdom at it's finest really. When the sun was setting he removed the cloth from his face as his eyes were more suited for night time. Musing slightly" Watch where you walk, you might just literally fall down the entrance."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

After Zek was off the camel, Inriia slid off gracefully, her map rolled up but in hand.
"wouldnt it be our luck to suddenly stumble upon an enterance?"

She watched the cleric searching, herself sitting upon a large stone to watch. she didnt get paid to look, only to get him to it.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding silently" It would be, literally stumble and fall in.. probably down stairs and right into the clutches of a house raiding party. Which would be a typical time for a bumbling one to fall into... Hasn't been long enough since I last went down below."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((No, I've been busy with work, and dealing with college shit recently. Right now, I've got a few moments, so here goes.))

Aurora panted heavily as she trotted next to Veraka, her fur like a oven furnace, trapping her with a sweltering heat that threatened her health. When she was offered water, she indulged gratefully, lapping up large gulps full of hydration with glee.
Her little aasimar brother capped the-now empty waterskin, and slung it over his shoulder and proceeded to walk onward, guiding Neriah's camel on foot, despite him being damn near a heatstroke himself.

Veraka, in his full armor, was churning out sweat by the pint, his head full of tiny rivers that ran down, attempting to cool the aasimar's body.

Neriah had her wings fully spread open, and extended. However, even with her demonic wings fully opened, she too was overheating in the desert sun.

Soon, however, they were beginning to shiver from the chill air that was gathering in the sky from the setting sun, Aurora finally got over her panting, and started to recover from the heat.

Veraka noted the path that they were taking, going deeper and deeper into the Anauroch, something he dreaded.

"What could be worth so much to these Bedines that they hire us to go out and grab from the sand?" Neriah whispered to the aasimar.

Veraka shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what to make of any of this.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ooo. understandable, collage can be a pain sometimes. go get some ice cream, it will do you some good! and in darkness, i think we're needing a few to come back.))

the bedine looked for what seamed like hours, the group growing ansty and colder by the moment as the desert night fell full force.
then he accidently stumbled upon it. casting a dispell on the area, an obolisk appeared in sight. it secured an entrance to the large cavern tunnel he needed.
on the obolisk were hundreds of words and phrases, glyphs, characters, and symbols. pulling out a paper was a hint. to himself he read,
[quote:1ggbqktr]There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.[/quote:1ggbqktr]
the cleric whistled to the group to come over.

Inriia called back, "and the camels?"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene he just shook his head seeing the Bedine stumble across it. He hated being right... he seriously hated being right at times but with humans, it became a game how many times could he be right before they surprised him... never the less he had a good track record of more right guesses than wrong. Seeing what appeared he shook his head slowly." This can end in two ways, good, or really bad."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the cleric ignores the drow male's comments as he continued to study the paper.
"I dont care what you plan to do with them," he replied to the drowess still rather ticked at her, "leave one of your 'friends' behind for all i care."

the sorceress rolled her eyes at the human, and headed over twords the bedine and the now visible obolisk, her cloaked wrapped around her with the chill air growing cooler by the moment.
"let me guess, this hides the entrance and we gotta figure out how to open it? am i right," she smarted off.
when he continued to ignore her comments, she knelt down to the obolist and ran a careful hand over the black marble. careful inspection showed her that the markings were pressable. thinking an idea popped into her head, "its a puzzle. you have to know what to press. like a code or password."

((i'll assume folks unable to post or dont post will be assume to stay behind on the surface until they [b:1okdppej]mention [/b:1okdppej]that they decide to follow inside.))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka glanced at the Bedine cleric, his brow raised in both suspicion and astonishment, and figured he was getting anxious being around Zekafae. The male drow ranger had a way of getting on people's nerves if one didn't know him all that well.

Neriah looked at the black obelisk and peered up and down the piece of marble.
"So, do you know the actual method or combination to get inside, or is this going to take more than simple bashing on stone to get through?" Her comment was meant to be both a question and then an insult towards the paladin whom she still had strange feelings for, if not a lustful desire for.

"Save the sarcasm," Veraka spat, "we'll need it later to keep the humor up."
He turned to Inrii, "so can we get in, or not?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"well, if I had the phrase, word or key. no problem," turning to eye the bedine, realizing he probably had such an item.

"alright," he replied, "i'll read this aloud. its all I have."
clearing his voice, he proceded to read it:
There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good."

Inriia stood up thinking over the clue. "im think we have to push the correct words, but what language i do not know."

it was mroe than the cleric had. he had thought it was just speaking the words like a spell. but he would not admit it.
"of course it is."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He enjoyed the fact he made others uneasy, it was greatly from his time working in the shadows as an assassin and thief. Of course it would be the years of hunting dragons being doused in their blood..or perhaps the very same blood than ran in his veins did it. Looking to the unlikely pair he shook his head slowly." How about one carries the other and bash their skull through the rock? It could be useful for many reasons.." Shrugging some he listened to the 'clue' the cleric read." Sounds like the elements to me. Water forever runs, fire consumes, the earth soaks up the water, we are in a desert where water is scarce. and the song would be the howling winds..."

Chuckling to himself" Water, fire, earth, air... the question is what language shall we speak?"
Site, story being redone

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(Many apologies for long absence, as mentioned in my recent post for Facade, internet here has been down due to some bad wiring in our phone lines.)

Strangely enough Virgil, for all his being accustomed to the dirt, muck, and wet of forests, wetlands, and cold weather, manages fairly well under the blazing heat of the sun. Perhaps it has to do with his recent visits to Shendilavri, or could be some subtle effect produced by his gifted mount. Likely though, it is the tireless swift pace the beast manages to keep, a pace that kept so long would kill any ordinary horse. Of mild entertainment value, perhaps for the dragon kin, is blackened sand, turn to rough, gritty glass, in shape of hoof prints, left in the wake of the steed from the plane of Hades.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon reaching their destination his was not a ride, that had to be left behind, once dismounted, he bade the Nightmare return to its own plane, for which it was all too glad to do. In the wake of its passing between planes, is left the small obsidian statuette from which it was summoned. This he quickly snatches up, wraps in an old wool scarf for cushioning, and stuffs away in what for any other magic user, would be a component pouch. He is soon to join the gathering around the obelisk, and queries, "This IS the Anauroch, might it be a piece of the old Netheril Empire?"
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the nightmare go back home he shook his head. Beast would be fun to play with in the forest... playing a game of 'lets burn everything' Listening to the name of the kingdom he shook his head." Would not surprise me in the least.... there's a great many kingdoms that have fallen and disappeared through the ages. Question is, are they trying to reclaim and rebuild the empire?" Folding his arms over his chest" Would make sense to me... then again.. that could be my.. ancient mind full of paranoia speaking." He mused darkly, age had nothing to do with it, years of travel all across faerun hunting and just spending free time reading books, tomes, learning languages to know more history of the world.. helped. How else could one amuse themselves when you can live hundreds of years naturally as an elf. Knowledge is power, drow like power... so.. it only made sense.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((no problem. totally understand. but yay your back!))

the cleric thought about it, not answering the questions of why he was doing this.
then looked to the warlock, "you speak this ancient language? or better yet know its script?"

meanwhile, Inriia thought she'd try the words in the human language, pressing the letters to spell out the words in order. when the last symbol was pressed, a small zap of electricuty shot thru her hand. shaking her hand she shook her head, "not that language"
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

No, no envy drawn from the eyes of either Naien, or the model of stereotypes, Nixue, so far as the Warlock's new steed, arcane treasure as it might be, the nature of such a beast was chaotic, and a gift from one of the most beguiling and deceptive sorts of demons, it takes all but Naien muttering to Nixue, [color=red:2aht2ox0]"Coi ui ti ekess qe enela."[/color:2aht2ox0] and that is the end of the conversation about the fiery steed.

As for the trip through the desert, whilst their companions of skin and hair, wilted, sweated, and suffered under the heat of the desert sun, it was for these two, so perfectly comfortable, that neither they nor their large Firebelcher seemed any the worse for wear upon arrival. More than this, not once are they seen producing even their most basic of fire spells during the trip in order to keep comfortable. Likely nothing that would surprise Veraka though. No matter the shape they come in, Red Dragons and all their kin, thrive in extreme heat. While neither of them have much to say regarding the puzzle put before the party, Naien offers with a sly grin, [color=red:2aht2ox0]"IF these camel beasts we are just as well to abandon to the desert, perhaps there is no objection to them being roasted? If none of you wish to partake of it, that is fine, but better they be food rations for we two and our mount, than in the belly of some wild beast."[/color:2aht2ox0]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!