Dragon Slayer

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Darkros
Maid
Maid

Dragon Slayer

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:3o06z983][i:3o06z983]So, let me get this straight. You want me, a drow, one of the most hated races on the surface, to find a group of people, convince them to comewith me, find your ancient lost homeland, and slay the dragon that kicked you out centuries ago?[/i:3o06z983][/color:3o06z983] Drithor asked.
[i:3o06z983]Yeah, thats about right.[/i:3o06z983] the drawf replied.
[color=red:3o06z983][i:3o06z983]How much are you qonna pay me?[/i:3o06z983][/color:3o06z983]
[i:3o06z983]As much of the gold as you can carry off from the beasts horde.[/i:3o06z983]
[color=red:3o06z983][i:3o06z983]When do I start?[/i:3o06z983][/color:3o06z983]
[i:3o06z983]Whenever you feel like it.[/i:3o06z983] he said before dissapearing into the smoke of the tavern with his companions.

Drithor had been in the smokey tavern for only ten minutes when a grouping of drwaves had propositioned him in the cornor beside the fireplace. They asked if he would help them if they paid him. As he had nothing better to do at the moment, he decided to let them tell him what they wished for him to do. He was taken aback at their job, but decided to do it anyway.

After they had left he looked around the tavern to see if there was anyone who wasn't too drunk to understand him.
Last edited by Darkros on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((ooc: so you got an intersting start, but you provided little info to help people who might have an interest in joining.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

((ooc: I fixed it, I think.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i'll join.))

the crimson piwafwi was tight around her lithe form, and in the back of the tavern she sat. even a casual glance would show her clearly elven. the hood was up and her body language read- 'back off'. an aura of power was about her.
a magical disguise was on her, and thus she would appeared as a brown skinned elf when her face could be seen instead of the ebon skin that marked her race.
the glass of expensive red wine sat half drank, a plate of mostly untouched food beside it. periodically she would peer up to look around, eyes always watching the crowds as she fiddled with the ring on her right hand.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Looking around, Drithor thanked Lolth once more for the jeweled ring he had that disquised him as a surface elf. If it weren't for that, the surface dwellers nearby would have strung him up the moment he set foot in the tavern. Even that brown skinned elf in the back there.
[color=darkblue:hipk5yzk]Wait a minute. There's somthing off about her.[/color:hipk5yzk]Drithor thought. He decided to see if she wanted to come make lots of money. He walked over and dragged a chair from under an unconscious drunk man and sat down. [color=red:hipk5yzk]My name is Drithor Malfume. Yours?[/color:hipk5yzk]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(gunna use [url=viewtopic.php?t=1903:1qudqb1h]this character[/url:1qudqb1h]

she turned to the male who dared sit at her table. a darthir on first glance. but a drowess who was disguised could sense his own. his name gave it away.
under the table, the hand crossbow was aimed at the male, a sensuous smirk on her face, her gold eyes peering boldly unto him.
"how foolish to walk over and assume your worth it?"
her ability in the human tongue not as developed and many of her words were broken and a bit mispronounced with her own city's accent. her first instinct was that he might have been one of the Dancers, but there was something about him- his aura familar to even a former priestess.
"speak [i:1qudqb1h]jaluk[/i:1qudqb1h] and dont waist my time," she replied plainly dropping her hood and allowing her coppery hair to fall around her face. the weapon still aimed between his legs.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:2tbheth3]Of course, m'lady. I've just been given a unique task by a grouping of drwarves, and was wondering if you wished to join? They will pay the survivors well, [/color:2tbheth3] he questioned of the now confirmed drowess. She had used a word from the drow language, and few, if any, darthir had even a basic grasp of it. [color=red:2tbheth3]But before I tell you off the task, I must ask that you move the crossbow from under the table. It may not seem like it but I still use that.[/color:2tbheth3] He smiled at her and raised his hand to the serving girl, signaling another beer. He then sat back and waited for an answer.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((how did he know? its under the table and rather discrete))

she raised a brow with an added look of, 'you cant be serious.' the weapon was put away, but her eyes never left the male. her free hand grabbed the glass of wine and she got up and walked to the side of the table. sitting on it, arm out to support her leaning, left leg crossed over her right, she looked at the male taking a sip then sat it down.
if her actions didnt scream matron mother, it definitely screamed powerful noble. not one once of fear was in her. she was no doubt as deadly as beautiful.
a few movements with her hand and a tiny poisoned blade was in hand near his neck as she placed her arm on his shoulder, the blade just barely touching. her sitting on the table in such a way obscured any public view.
"and why would some [i:3cmxknyw]duergan[/i:3cmxknyw] want [b:3cmxknyw]you [/b:3cmxknyw]to solve [b:3cmxknyw]their [/b:3cmxknyw]problems?"
it wouldnt be long before the male would notice that the female had not been gone long from the Underdark and was rather new to the surface. her being so close, she had the feint smell of worship incenses in her clothing, perfume and oils on her skin and in her hair, as well as the essence of the wilds with a bit of moss smells mingled in. her pose also allowed the cloak to open and see scarlet spidersilk cloth clinging to the lean elven frame and a heavy mace on her belt. the choker had a feint web design and of course a small spider gem.
she then broke into her native tongue. (speaks drow unless said otherwise or speaking to non-drow speakers) "second, what would you possibly offer to make it worth [b:3cmxknyw]my [/b:3cmxknyw]while?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

((As a drow, he knows what should happen when a male sits down uninvited at a females table. Or even at a females table at all.))

Looking up at the disquised drowess, Drithor showed no fear and answered both questions.
[color=red:3shi2f4j]I have no idea why a grouping of dwrves would want me to help them, but I do know that they promised me that I and any companions I find along the way could take as much gold as we could carry when the task was finished. And I dont know how things work in the underdark now, but here on the surface, plak'la zhah yorn. [/color:3shi2f4j]
Slowly he slid the ring off and on to his finger, just long enough for her to see that he was a drow.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the blade was moved to just touching her dark lips, but she remained poised to strike. since having been only on the surface a couple days, she was interested in seeing the lands of light.
(still in drow) "is it not everywhere? whats the catch?" she asked, leaning back up and taking another sip of the red wine.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Hiding his relief that the dagger was away from his neck, even though it probably could be back in the time it took for him to blink, Drithor responded, saying [color=red:2xaebcd8]There are quite a few. They have said that we have to find their lost city, kill the dragon inhabiting it, and then help them clear it of the dragons possible minions.[/color:2xaebcd8] He sat as still as he had when he was still a boy, awaiting instruction from Matron Malfume. He bagan to drift out, and thought about his time in Menzoberranzan. He had been a member of the 21st house until it's destruction. He escaped, but could not issue a challenge against the aggressor, being House Baenre. He left into the Underdark, in the same way as the infamous Drizzt, and then eventually found a way to the surface. But that was years back, and this Drowess had probably never even heard of House Malfume.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the blade tapped her lip in thought, her still crossed over the other now bobbing slightly. Of course the ex-priestess considered it. Worst case, he'd be fodder and get what was coming to him. Best she'd find something worthwhile and give her something to do with her so called new life on the surface.
"alright," was all she said finishing her wine and returning to her seat, "you have the task jaluk. I have yet to see any plans or even where this suposed job is."
the waitress (guessing giving the beer also) took the glass and plate and then disappeared back into the crowd.
"more importantly, where your allegiance lie."
might as well figure it out now.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:1p7jgbg5]I do indeed have a plan. I am currently getting together a group that will assist in this little endevor, and after this is done I will travel to the locatin that the dwarves have told me of, where they will give us there only clue to where the city lies.[/color:1p7jgbg5] Drithor paused to wet his throat with the newly arrived beer, and then continued. [color=red:1p7jgbg5]And as for my alliegence, that is to myself and the Great Queen Lolth. Now, may I have your name?[/color:1p7jgbg5] He then began to look around the room for a new volunteer, not waiting for her to answer.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the ex-priestess mentally rolled her eyes. the males was foolish or hiding something. and what irony in everything. She comes to the surface and would have expected at least one of those who followed the Spider Queen's son if not her daughter.
She managed to keep a neutral face as she saw Lloth hand in mocking her now, with a male of all things.
"Zilvtree Shaiith"
the name was a hint that it was a pseudonym, for few matrons named their daughters things like 'unknown exiled'. and of course her surname meant 'nameless.'
it could only add to the mystery of the drowess before him.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:19l38t3o]Well, Lady Shaiith, while we search for more volunteers for this task, why are you here on the surface, and for how long have you been here?[/color:19l38t3o] Drithor rose and wlked to the bar after he asked this in order to pay his tab, before walking back to the table to listen to Zilvtree and keep an eye out for more partners. [color=blue:19l38t3o] I feel like I know her. But that's not possible. She couldn't be more than three centuries old, and I left the Underdark four centries ago, just twenty years after House Malfume was destroyed. I doubt she even knows who my house was.[/color:19l38t3o]

((I tried to post a description of what my character is wearing and what he looks like, but for some reason, Explorer decided it felt the need to refresh. I'll try again later.))