Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar caught a whiff of the scent that only he knew all too well. Taking a deep breath inward, he inhaled the scent with a conscious effort.

Despite his father's orders to attend the ceremony, the rogue aasimar thought of other things. He followed the scents trail and wound up in a tent that was located along the outer edge of the camp. When he entered the small hut, he found the sorceress there waiting, half of her clothing already off, her twin bat-like wings surrounding her body like a sheath to its sword.

"Come closer, my handsome warrior," she purred, indicating that Veraka should move over to her with a wave of her hand. "I've been waiting for you."

The young warrior felt sweat start to bead up on his forehead as his heart rate increased. What in the Realms was happening to him. The fey'ri sorceress shifted slightly, this time so her twin wings could unfold; "Now, come here," she cooed, her voice like sweet nectar.

================

Veraka woke with a start, his head drenched in sweat, his pulse was racing.

"I see that you too were privy to a nightmare of sorts," came Neriah's voice from his right hand side.

The aasimar merely nodded in return, trying to process the thought that he had just dreamed all of that.
While his mind rummaged around the thoughts of what had happened, he noticed that everyone had started to pack up and were readying themselves for travel. He quickly donned his armor, and grabbed some of the breakfast that the cleric had provided, nodding his thanks to the Bedine.

The first beams of sunlight blasted over the horizon and into Veraka's eyes.
"And another day into the scorching sun we go."

"Don't remind me, paladin," Neriah grumbled in a retort.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

The jackal finishes up his smudging up to and near the tent occupied by paladin and his lover, then returns to the others.

Not to be one to keep rivalries and prejudices alive, Aramut allows himself some of the meal provided by his Bedine counterpart, commenting to him, "The man who died of the Winder, is resurrected, alive and well back in your home. Whatever evil toyed with our dreams, think of this as you reflect on your dream."

Down he sets then with some morsels of meat and bread, everything with him has some meat to his diet, true to the predatory canines his race takes after. What remains of the dried sage he breaks off and stuffs into a small pouch for later use in other ways. Whilst he eats, he has some of his own dream to reflect upon, and he does seem troubled, tempted even to go on another jaunt of shadow walking to check on, and perhaps bring his dear mate along, on the other hand fearing for her safety on this journey.

When at last, Veraka decides to join everyone for breakfast, the jackal has a comment for him too, "Pay heed, holy warrior, I know not what they are, but long have I heard tales of desert spirits, that manipulate dreams, seeking to leave seeds of destructive thoughts, or to kill their victims through their dreams. Reflect on whatever visions plagued you, carefully. I had my own, and I am made to fear for my mate, that she might betray me, or come to harm. You of all of us I think can appreciate this test of faith."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((side note, dont fall down stairs....))

"test of faith? did one of yall tick off somebody rather powerful?" she asked with a slight bit of sarcasm, "and if they intended to do all these things, they werent smart enought to realize what type of people."
there were two drow there, not to mention a demon elf, and then the desert priest and the jackel. so what more mistrust could they hope to get.

the cleric scoffs to the female drow, more on her lack of faith.
"for once, I agree with him," indicating Aramut, "I know your people follow that demon spider. so dont go talking to me about lack of faith."
he normally would not have been such. but the night had not been easy on him any better.

Inriia, narrowed her eyes glaring with building rage at the human they were to be taking to the empty sea. the boiling was beginning in her, and the some bits of a flame essence was seeping thru her skin.

((allowing for V to respond then we'll get moving when yall want. or can have somethings here in camp before going))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Pinching the bridge of his nose he muttered." First some of us do not follow the vile spider. Some of us prefer more vengeful deities. Others more peaceful. I've killed people for less insults in my life, and not for the spider queen." True, his family had a mixed following. His twin revered the revenancer above the spider. He did as well for time, though for a large portion of his life, he hailed to no god. Question was in some ways he still didn't. Still there was the maiden which really was a possible salvation from their eons long curse so to speak. Shaking his head he muttered." Save your energy, he's not worth scorching to his soul. There's more dangerous things for him to worry about than Drow."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looks up from his position over to the jackal at the words that he had spoke to the paladin. Veraka then looked away at the rising sun.
"Truthfully, Aramut, I have no thoughts of what has happened within those dreams of mine, for my . . . . 'nightmare' truly had little real truth to it, more of a temptation, one that I believe I've already fallen for. The other part of it spoke to something I was not sure of. As to my family, I have none, aside from Aurora."

The paladin looked back at the jackal, his silver hued eyes glowing with radiance. "I've never known my true father, nor my mother. As to siblings, I have none. You could say that it wasn't really a test of faith, more of things to come, or that could come." Despite his youth, Veraka occasionally displayed wisdom that should be beyond even an aasimar of his age, what some might interpret as more behind his bloodlines.

[i:hg2bqub4]yup, just me and my little brother,[/i:hg2bqub4] Aurora yipped from over where she was.

Neriah sat in silence, nibbling on her meal and finishing it off in a few minutes. Her thoughts also pondering what had transpired the night before, of course, she had been in reverie before-hand, so it was more of a possible vision, but felt like a dream to her.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inriia's hand was secretly reaching for something, hidden beneath the piwafwi. her face seamed to change, yet only someone who knew her would realize it was a clever show.
out came a rod, the one she purchased at the Bedine camp. before the cleric realized what was happening, the trigger word was spoken and a yellowish light flared at the end of the rod.

before any knew it, a hole opened up under the cleric, casing him to fall in; the hole closed up. and it seamed like he was just gone. then a sound of a hollar falling drew close and the cleric fell from sky landing on his butt hard.
"now, wanna rethink this?" she said rather cooly.
shaking his head and trying to get the 'stars circling him to leave' he said nothing, just a grumble under his breath.
"I thought so," a smug look on her face. then she looked to the others, "what?" bitting the apple.

"Veraka, I think you got the better end of all this then."
thinking, tho trying to avoid the dicussion of what happened, a thought occured to her.
her hand rubbing across her face and with resignation, "is it possible anything from these, lets call them 'dreams', may have a prophetic meaning behind them? as much as I hate that some stuck up...one of them," some deity or powerful being, "is messing with my mind and reminding me of something I havent forgotten, could something be useful?"

((the rod: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Rod_of_Cha ... uipment%29 ))
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

The Paladin's words could not be more disturbing to Aramut's ears, faith in his god, his powers, and even those jackals both wild and humans-turned-animals he had kept closest to him in his home. But to think his own dream could have been even a shred of prophecy, clearly weighs heavily on his mind, in fact it frightens him and for once, his dour stoicism cracks, just a little. However when the fighting between Bedine and Drow breaks out, he snarls at both, barking, reprimanding, "This infighting gets us nowhere! If the three of you wish to tear each other apart, then I shall be on my way to deal with my own affairs, and when you're dead, may the vultures and jackals have you." The individually he turns on them first the Bedine cleric, "And you! Save your short-sighted racism for ME human! If you could not tolerate the presence of Drow, you had plenty of opportunity to decline their coin and let them find another guide." And then he turns on Inriia since it is apparently she who would speak on behalf of all two Drow in the camp, "As for you, you're hardly clever enough to be funny, elf. There are tensions enough as there is between our respective races, yes. And if the Drow are such weak-minded creatures at to let -this- incident turn them against traveling companions they've been with for Gods know how long, then I was clearly mistaken in my respect for your race."

Satisfied that he's said what needs being said, Aramut turns away and walks away from the group, and a distance from the camp to think and pray. Not having shared a shred of the fears clawing at him, that shaken look in his eyes still lingers, from Veraka's declaration of prophecy.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He had bided his time keeping quiet(mostly) the whole time listening about the dreams. Shrugging indifferently" At least I had gotten to see the absolute pleasures of my profession of when I was young. Blood on my hands, victims lay dead and dieing and my blades sated of their thirst for blood." He let that sink in for a moment." I strongly advise you stop the bickering now. You do not want to see what one of my age can do. Drow or not. My patience grows thin with human bickering and their blindness to the world."

When he left zek just shook his head pinching the bridge of his nose." Prophecies and dreams, I've had better prophetic dreams than that. It was more of what lurks in the heart, the darkest shadows. To some it reveals a glimpse of what maybe." Chuckling slightly he shook his head. Looking to Veraka" What do you seriously think of this? Is this some test of a divine being, or perhaps something foul trying to play with the darkness within each of us? Quite the conundrum, I know what my vision was, I know it is very well within my skill to perform such feats." Shrugging again." No matter, I think we should continue on our trip, and could you keep our... troublesome one's mouth shut about the Drow? I'd rather save my energy for something more worthwhile." Looking to inrii" Amusing little trick, but lets keep that for something more useful."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((cant totally blame her, she's only 30ish. :P ))

the young sorceress suddenly got quiet and blank, eerily unlike her, which was often a fiery explosive temper (much like a teenager would be). suddenly, she bust out with a laugh at the jackel's scolding of her.
Inriia managed to put her wand away despite the laughing. she didnt even have the chance to say anything to anyone. one might think her crazy. or more crazy. after a moment, her laughing calmed down as Aramut began walking off.
"i wasnt paid to be [i:cm2z0ybj]clever[/i:cm2z0ybj]," she managed to get thru, "i was paid to drop him off somewhere, condition not specified," of course, the girl was intelligent, she just came off as less in her actions. insanity was a good cover.
"respect?" she called as he prayed, "ha! there is no respect for my race. only fear and hate."

laughing done, she turned her attention back to the discussion of the dreams Zek, Veraka and Neriah had been discussing.

Zarstra, having been crawling around and snooping, then made her way over to the prepared food. she had been enjoying a nice breakfast when the commotion started. careful to stay out of two legger disputes, but ready to defend her person if something did start.
"[color=red:cm2z0ybj]two leggers are so confusing[/color:cm2z0ybj]," the lizard sent to the wolf.

the cleric, deciding to take the higher ground, after standing up of course, remained silent. tho his eyes showed anger. but he would not let them stop his mission. as much as he hated to have this group- well he like the paladin anyway, he needed them or one of their abilities. time was of the essence for him. so dusting himself off after a quick minor healing, he bowed to the group apologetically, eyes glaring at them, then back to his belongings.

((ok i hope i got things right. so called chronological discussion are hard to get in these post by post. :D ))
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((this got pushed down, so i wanna pull it up so its not forgotten.

if yall ready to moved on, the desert travel with be one post and we will be at the dried sea. the task was to take the human to a gate within a cavern- hince the need for darkvision. then we will be heading into the mountains themself. about to turn off the black road and head south. we'll detour to the marked area that says city of shade- tho it hasnt come back yet so its not there for this RP. ))

[img:1ynbeypw]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... roch-1.jpg[/img:1ynbeypw]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked up to Inriia as she commented on his nightmare/vision.
"Perhaps I did; though it doesn't make me feel any better that what I've heard from the rest of the group."

Neriah merely nodded in agreement with the aasimar; though she was more concerned about the paladin's words about their nightmares being something of the future.

[i:u3rj6ig5]A prophecy,[/i:u3rj6ig5] she thought to herself; [i:u3rj6ig5]what would I possibly have to do with that tall, over-sized sparkler of a knight.[/i:u3rj6ig5] The thoughts rang out in her mind.

The aasimar then turned to Zekafae, and responded; "a test, not likely; more like a foretelling of a possible future for each of us, with no strings attached, other than freaking the Hells outta each of us. If I had to guess, I'd say your second guess would likely be a more accurate assumption. However, I'm not one for dwelling on things that could come, as so much as to things that have come." One motto that Veraka always caught himself trying to keep true to was the simple idea of living in the present, and thinking in the present.

===========

Aurora caught Zarstra's little comment, and chuckled in her wolf way; [i:u3rj6ig5]Sometimes I wonder the same thing with Veraka; of course when one only has to worry about food, and finding a place to sleep for the night, it [b:u3rj6ig5]is[/b:u3rj6ig5] rather simple-nature of us to think the two-leggeds complex beings.[/i:u3rj6ig5]

===========

Veraka looked back towards the cleric and the jackal; while he wasn't fond of Inriia's little tactics against the cleric, and her outburst at Aramut. While he certainly held his faith in high regard, he understood all too well the conflict of chaos and the ensuing rapture that always followed in its wake.
"Regardless of what problems we have here, we still have a task to complete; I agree with the ranger; what tricks we have shouldn't be played on each other, lest we run into something that would require such a tactic or trick to be used in order to defeat it." While Zek's antics seemed sometimes extreme to the aasimar, one thing that both of them held true to their eyes, was survival of each meant keeping your surprises in check and waiting for the right moment to unleash them.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inriia's face went to a blank- not happy at all look almost to a hidden panic at the thought of a future event. Shaking her head and her loose wild hair she turned not facing anyone.
"[i:2nwdpunu]I will kill before that happens[/i:2nwdpunu]," she growled under her breath a threat to who or what uncertain.
then began pacing, ready to head out again. there was a noticable change in her. the carefree and crazy girl seaming gone into hiding replaced by what they were seeing- clearly agitated, almost troubled.
inactivity was not good on the young drowess, or good for anyone else.

the Bedine ignoring the congregation group waited for the Aramut as he enjoyed his breakfast. As much as he had issues with him, he was starting to like him better, at least better than the dark elves. he was still neutral twords the demonfae. and so confused why the paladin would stick with them. a sigh of agitation then prayer to his deity while eating.

Zarstra looked at the wolf, her head slightly cocked to the side, "[color=red:2nwdpunu]your biased[/color:2nwdpunu]," she jested as much as a lizard could.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

(Since a few of us got left behind due to absences of differing reasons, we've collaborated on how to get this group back together)

In the silence and calm following the din of pranks and arguing, a tremor in the air gives way to the opening of a portal distinctly characterized by a fiery appearance, and a strong heat coming from the other side. As the rift fully forms, there comes a form Veraka has earned a respect for, a Firebelcher lumbering through, upon its back, two very familiar Redspawn Arcaniss. Following this surely less than welcome sight, comes the creepy yellow-eyed human warlock, left to the seductions and ploys of his succubus 'friend', now freshly equipped with his very own scythe, with consecrated alchemical silver blade.

In true Naien fashion, she's relaxing with back against Nixue's as he holds the reins on their big scaly mount, and still calls over his shoulder, [color=red:1c9e2hq8]"Not so fast Paladin! We had an agreement by honor! Besides, this monkey wouldn't quit causing us trouble, until we helped it get back to you."[/color:1c9e2hq8]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A dry smirk is flashed whilst Virgil suffers introduction as a 'monkey', then chuckles, [color=indigo:srcuktwt]"Hope you left some Baatezu for me to put back in their place. I have a quota to fill now."[/color:srcuktwt] As he clears the portal, inward it collapses, [color=indigo:srcuktwt]"Seems keeping Baatezu out of the Prime Material, is doing my part in the Blood War. Leniency from... from Malcanthet, for every Devil I put back in Hell. "[/color:srcuktwt]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((hey yall! yeah i been really sad that no one's been around. but glad to see folks!))

the bedine priest felt the disturbance before the portal opened, his mace in hand and ready. magical wards went up around himself.

Inriia turned to the opened about to shaout htye had company a spell about to release when she realized who it was.
"well, I see business got taken care of," she started when she looked over to the crazed priest.

the charging bedine tho did not know who or that the group knew them, his mace up and preparing to strike the nearest.