Time to Go to School

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the young drowess just watched the tiff between the two. Had she cared, she coulda broken it up already, but letting them fight it out might be more fun anyway. too bad Zarstra wasnt here to bet on a winner with.

after the other female spoke she looked to the human, speaking in her own tongue (drow, but i dont wanna take time to look it up), "exactly how many did you intend to recruit on this so called mission?" she asked breaking her silence rather sarcastically and slightly annoyed. She was ready to get out of the sun and into a darker place.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shrugged,

[color=red:3oh6gzuk]"Well, I suppose that this will only work out in our favor. We can hardly be understaffed for the task I have in mind for us. Besides, if Zyeke thinks she can be of use, he is hardly mistaken in these matters. Or would you prefer I give her the same screening process I gave you?"[/color:3oh6gzuk]

Elwyn laughed, but Zyeke just shook his head, looking betwenn Elwyn and Hespa uncertainly.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( I don't know anyone else's characters. Links?))

"Screening?" Hepsa asked. It couldn't be too much of a problem. She'd passed tests given by High Clerics of a few major religions. Once the newcomers had their water, she finished putting away the jugs into her bag of holding under the cart and left it abandoned to take a few steps closer to the dried oasis.
Her plan would be to create a lake on the plateau and channel a stream down into the village to provide water. It'd even lead to expansion someday as it becomes a viable site to hold a city. Maybe she'd return in a few decades. Once she'd taken care of the city by morning, she could go with these people.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, and shrugged,

[color=red:n13s4ym1]"Fair enough, lets get..."[/color:n13s4ym1]

He paused, looking quizzically at the drow male, who had raised his hand.

[color=blue:n13s4ym1]"If you do that, you'll end up leveling the town, and wasting all of her work, and mine. I shall give her the initiation."[/color:n13s4ym1]

Zyeke sighed, and scratching his head, he shrugged off his cloak, revealing a simple cloth tunic that hung down almost to his ankles. The sides were cut to allow maximum movement.

[color=blue:n13s4ym1]"Defend yourself in any way you know how. Please be as serious as you can be."[/color:n13s4ym1]

The drow dropped down into a fighting stance, waiting for Hespa to make a move.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Hespa backed up a bit with her nervous, confused laughter matching with the persona she instilled previously.
"Ah.. a spar or something. Combat prayers aren't really my specialty..." Not to mention my body right now is an average human, I have little physical talent right now.
With a quick thought she manifested Deceleration to half the monks speed and readied an action to manifest Telekinetic thrust to attempt to throw him back should he get too close. Keeping things mostly subtle with as little flair as possible in the middle of the desert town.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((PHB 2 Ki ball does like a 1d8 + 1/ wis bonus sooo 6d8 +6... not too bad a hit force damage.))

Zyeke smiled,

[color=blue:ai2s91zx]"Please do your best, our job is not one of peace, and I would feel incredibly bad if you were to die because I allowed you to come with us."[/color:ai2s91zx]

His expression returned the the unreadable expression he usually wore. Zyeke felt the strange feeling as his reflexes slowed, but he could work around that. Since it was obvious the woman was against physical combat he decided to play along. For now, at least.

His stance changed, feet sliding to place his body perpendicular to her's, one arm extended forward, two fingers pointing in Hespa's direction, and the other withdrew, all the muscles tensed his palm was open, and within a few moments, it seemed as if a ball of pure ki formed in his palm. Despite Hespa's slowing spell, Zyeke's arm became a blur as the arm thrust forward, hurling the ball at Hespa's direction.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

A few moments was enough for Hespa's developed mind to follow. She released the Telekinetic thrust intending to force the monk closer to the soaked ground as she teleported herself psychically away from the Ki to the top of a building a good 50 ft away.

(its hard to describe actions that rely only on the mind... well, not hard. It just leaves the message shorter then It should be.)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn whistled in surprise, and applauded,
[color=red:ccwgotny]"Hmm... seems she got you there."[/color:ccwgotny]

Even Zyeke also smiled. He returned to his usual stance, his speed had returned to normal. He had been mildly surprised that her magic had been able to effect him. He was usually able to shrug them off with hardly a care.
With a mild sigh, he supposed he would have to get into close quarters fighting, that ki attack was not one he liked to use many times over.

Putting on a burst of speed, Zyeke reached the base of the building within a few seconds, and with amazing agility and strength, actually managed to leap about half way up the side. His fingers latched onto the smallest handholds, and he began to climb with spider-like grace. He reached the top in under a second, and vaulted over the side, rolling into a crouch, looking at Hespa,

[color=blue:ccwgotny]"I suppose this will now turn into a game of whether you can get into my mind before my fists can immobilize your body, am I correct?"[/color:ccwgotny] His eyes sparkled with the joy of a child at play.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( I've been looking around, I can't find if Stunning Fists effects foes immune to paralyzation.))

It took her less then a moment to psionically focus herself. Diping over the edge of the building she caused herself to link with the wall, Running along its length apparently housing her own gravity keeping her to the wall. When she turned the corner out of sight from the Monk she manifested Metamorphosis turning herself into a rock and completely masking her aura. Mean while her familiar parted from her body, previously being fused into her body with the last form along with her Psicrystal. The cat sinked off beyond some crates. The process taking a few seconds. Maybe the the cat could be noticed before the monk trailed over the side. At least she still had her mind no matter what the form she took.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inriia, while they were getting the fight going decided to check out the small village. Still disguised as a desert travelor she headed into what would be the marketplace.
no one took notice of her, thankfully, tho to avoid people was hard. rather lively place for being a near 9 hells-hole of a place.

(i dont know how the village is. tents? buildings? plus dont know what to do right now)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke looked over the side of the building where Hespa ran off of, but he could find no sign of her. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, they took on a slightly golden tint as he surveyed the area with greater care. A rock seemed to morph slightly when it was just on the corner of his vision, but if he tried to focus on it, the thing passed, and it was a simple stone when he looked at it directly.

With a sigh of resignation, Zyeke sat down, crossing his legs palms open, in meditation.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":11ybab2s]

(i dont know how the village is. tents? buildings? plus dont know what to do right now)[/quote:11ybab2s]

((Small ish. Maybe under 200 buildings. Population around 200-500 Sandstone, sandy buildings. Well in the center of town.))

((How would it be morphing in the corner of his vision? She just turned into a rock... She'd have to actively morph around waisting power to produce that effect and shes concealing all aura to, she'd appear as a rock even to a Seer who is using anything short of a ninth level spell. (Ninth level spell vs ninth level power). Well, I should say it doesn't make sense to [i:11ybab2s]me[/i:11ybab2s]. gah. I hate confusions. I don't really get what your post meant I guess. also: don't mean to sound bitchy.))[/size:11ybab2s]

As a rock, Hespa went Ethereal and teleported away when the Monk stopped glancing at it, leaving behind the Psicrystal and Cat hiding behind the boxes. Away and safe Hidden by passage of space, planes, and as a rock. She focused through her psicrystal, seeing what it sensed, and controlling it remotely.

The [url=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/7/810997 ... g:11ybab2s]psicrystal[/url:11ybab2s] shot out from behind the crates and through it Hespa was able to manifest Energy Burst through it. Mental attacks, as well as effects against his health wouldn't be as effective against a monk.
The Psicrystal rippled with electricity for a split second before it released a large area effect radiating crackling lightning with destructive force that left jagged trails of glass in its wake across the sand.
[i:11ybab2s]Maybe I should have offered to host this fight in a Dream Space... [/i:11ybab2s]Hespa thought.
Last edited by Cipherof3vil on Sat May 14, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Well, psionics + magic = crazier stuff than LSD. And true seeing just goes through all illusions. End of story, it's part of the spell ;). ))

Just as the burst of electricity rippled out from some strange crystal Zyeke back flipped off the roof of the building, avoiding the burst of lightning. He focused on the crystal, keeping it in his view at all times. Hiding behind a few crates. He pulled a cloth over his figure, and sunk into a meditation.

His mind left his body, and he found himself in the ethereal plane. He couldn't do this for very long, but he figured there wasn't much he could do. He looked around, finding a cord of silver, he figured it most likely belonged to that ever elusive drow he was fighting.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( aww :-[ You know, burst effects are almost always reflex-half. meaning there is usually half the effect from dodging unless you have the Evasion feat.

[b:2emrkg5k]EDIT: Metamorphisis isn't an illusion.[/b:2emrkg5k]))

The Psicrystal wouldn't give a break just yet, It continued to pulse destructive waves of various elements, Fire, Sonic, Electric, Icy. The effect- Creating a destructive shield yet attacking at the same time. Where the energies trailed, they left the sand turned to glass.

Meanwhile, Hespa, still ethereal, metamorphed to her true form. Her humanoid one that is. Silvery hair flowed down just past her shoulder blades, black skin tinted with a metalic blueish grey, and she was clothed, but not much. She shared the ingrained ideal that the strong shouldn't hide behind layers of clothing. She wore only her set of cursed black mithril that was cursed to not actually provide protection. Still, Black Mithril was very rare and she hoped to find someway to break the curse. Black Mithril was lighter, tougher then mithril, and provided no spell failure. Of course, her set was rather revealing, not that she minded. This was as good a time as ever to reveal her natural race. After all, it could provide a hindrance in the long run. Though maybe she'd wait to say she was also as much a dragon as she was a drow.
Last edited by Cipherof3vil on Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Monks have evasion at level 2, improved evasion at level... 12 I think... and this guy is higher that that :P ))

Zyeke hardly paid it any attention, he was incredibly resistant to all the elements. He had found her standing, clothed in some strange armor, but he hardly cared. Putting on a burst of speed, he appeared just in front of her, and unleashed a flurry of attacks, all aimed at joints on her body, meant to immobilize her. Granted, he had some doubts concerning the fact he was fighting in the ethereal plane, but it was the only way he knew how.

Zyeke