Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, jackel continue)

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

she backed up from him, hurt expressed on her features to his reaction of her. stuttering in confusion, she couldnt formulate a response.
"you dont...its...how...?"

he turned to head off, and she glanced around. the forms moving into place. a tear streaming down her face at what was coming. but, she knew she had to. there was no other option. and she could only hope he could prevail. he began walking off, as she stood there. more tears flooding her eyes as they got into position.
"NOOO!" she cried and tried to leap and knock him from the path as the clerical spell released to hold the jackel in place.

((when yall wanna move on, just i guess go ahead and have them wake up, but be confused and foggy))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((well, i tried... :/ ))

suddenly, she remembered this...or parts of it. it was differnet. the people... a nightmare. this was why she didnt sleep. it gave them power over her. this had happened once. an event that still scarred her. and here again it was. words in her mind, [i:enpz4485]weak, helpless[/i:enpz4485]

she continued to struggle. she knew was about to happen.

((if yall want me to post this part from her past to read, i can. its slightly more graphic than i normally write...assuming any are still with me that is. [/size:enpz4485]))

with a jerk, Inriia was sitting up in her little tent with a cold sweat, breath heavy in panic mode. the night was nearly spent and everything still. creatures heading off before the days heat came on the barren wasteland. the others were mumbling, were moving and jerking in their rest. something had came and distrubed them. had passed any barriers and got into the mind.
Quietly she got up, careful to not distrub the emerald lizard, and exited. Zarstra began to stir, but Inriia was already gone when her violet eyes opened.

Inriia walked a good 50 feet from everyone over to one of the few plants around, a tall 10 foot cactus. then without thought, released a large fireball upon it. ((well, there no punching bags and she's not gunna punch a cactus))[/size:enpz4485] the plant engulfed in the fire crackled as it burned. the wet insides fighting against the flame. She breathed out slowly just standing there.

====
the cleric (not writting his as i dont have him developed anyway) settled near his fire, tossed and turned, unintelligable sounds mumbling from his mouth with a mix of cries to something, or someone and screams of protest.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

It wasn't far along Aramut's path to set out for his temple, and lair, when the woman's stuttering, the broken sentences in fear and confusion struck him again as familiar. Again a thought of his mate, and the realization came upon him. To knock him from his path as he whirls around upon her, to face her, shock and failing disbelief etched on his face in equal measure, he is easily off-balance enough to knock from his path, going down holding the woman in his arms. Regardless of aim, the spell would face a vital problem, in order to bind him, it would have to differ from one that could hold her, and vice versa. In terms of holding spells, he is a monster, and not a person. The second obstacle, is the powerful strength of his will, if another cleric has come to do battle with him, he easily shrugs off the otherwise harmless spell.

Not about to risk losing her in this way, he whispers to the woman, "I don't know how you have returned to this form, but this is for love..." and without a word more, while holding eye contact, enacts his 'Curse of the Jackal' ability, to once more transform her into the nearly wild animal he had adored for so long, and effectively putting her far beyond the abilities of any cleric to bind with holding spells, for they have none to bind animals.

As she is transformed, he arises, in his mind is etched the image of his mate as a human, and still adoring him. Perhaps he thinks, when they are safe again, he will change her back once in awhile. For now, his attacker is met with a different variety of spells. First comes [b:19u5pprn]Control Sand[/b:19u5pprn] and with this making the ground drop out from under his opponent, effectively serving to bury anything standing within that space up to their neck in sand. Not even satisfied yet, he follows with a casting of [b:19u5pprn]Desiccate[/b:19u5pprn] to deliver (5d6 of) damage and dehydrate this attacker, and finally adding insult to injury, [b:19u5pprn]Haboob[/b:19u5pprn] bringing up a swirling cloud of wind-driven dust and abrading sands. In all, Aramut works to turn the very desert against his attacker.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The taunting was nothing unusual to him and he bade his time letting the rage build up and and churn to become a seething mass of such rage, it exceeded that of the drow's normal hatred. The blood within churned almost on fire. What happened next would be a flash, something ancient stirred within his blood and the only sound that came was that of a conflagration of the air all around him, everything that could be burnt was on fire, the walls and ceiling soon to follow. Hidden within the road and hiss of the flames was an animalistic one, something few knew well enough to Identify. Slowly he moved through the flames to the door and with new hotter flames flickering in his hand he blast the doors of this room down and walked out, the flames erupting fully with the new rush of air coming in.

While in the actual waking world the ranger stirred, his body clearly showing signs of feeling the heat from the dream, but it quickly dissipated as he sat up body tensed and hand ready to cast a spell. It took a second or two before he realized where he was. This was followed by perhaps the longest line of curses spoken by him in many many years. Things that even would make a seasoned hexer or curses blush. Moving from his spot he moved to a cooler area and placed his hand against the rock releasing the rage and a fire spell which would leave a large spot in the rock molten into glass of sorts. This was quickly shattered by his hand hitting it. Breathing was deep with a slight hissing overtone. Eili watched this and curled up tighter not saying a word.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, Aramut continue)

his attack took out many of the would be attackers. but there was a good number, and thus some of the better, more skilled remained.
the leader of this attack, was smart, sending the lackys to weaken the jackel. he was well aware of the female's switch. but she had done enough of her part. and he'd do as promised to her.
a counter-acting spell shot forth from the enemy cleric as the mini wind-storm whirled around him.
"very wise. you are indeed more powerful than I suspected. But that can be rememdied soon enough," he called with a smirk, "aint that right m'dear? good work, as we planned."
of course having the jackel turn on her would work wonderful.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the blast from near camp bring her from her own deep thoughts. someone else had awoken, and it appeared they too had a simular experience with their head. the catcus nearly a crisp by now, Inriia headed back to camp. as the sun neared peeking over the land. should she disturb the others? would she be able to wake them?
Seeing it was the ranger, she let a small smile show up. "a rough night also?" she asked back at her tent.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Fingers twitching from the agitation he was given when he heard the voice. Looking back he nodded." You could say that, if I find out who caused that dream. I'll skin them alive and grind sulphur into the wound.... Hot.Sulphur." Taking a break he shook his head following." Seems they like to play with things of the past, and twist it to the present.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inriia nodded, she too was not ok, but she wasnt gunna admit it, but the dream had done something to her. there was an obvious change in demeanor, less her 'bouncey' self, more, well, drow-like. her eyes showing pain, a burning rage beneth the surface.
rubbing her temples, "I dont think [i:2e9u71bf]that [/i:2e9u71bf]was ordinary magic here," sighing, "I dont even know if I could wake them," indicating the other four.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

It was all just a little too much for Aramut to wrap his mind around, such treachery, such a setup, in the back of his mind, a little piece of his love shattered, but somewhere in there too, his mind began working, and realizing the feeding on his despair and fears, the signs of dreaming, and all at once he stops fighting, glaring at his attackers and the image of his lover, hate and rage his tools of focus, and rejecting them from his mind, a skill of lucid dreaming, as he takes god-like control of -his- dream, breaking free of it.

Out from dreaming Aramut wakes, setting up in hurry and growling, "Begone damned desert spirit! My life is not for you to take this night!" Awake and alert, he rummages through his small bag of supplies, producing a bundle of sage, proceeding to set one end alight in the nearest fire, and blowing on it to reduce it to a smoking slow burn. Then he goes on to smudge himself and the area of the campsite, resorting to a shamanistic technique for driving off offending spirits that are not any manner of undead. Cleansing the area, and making it inhospitable to the invader he is convinced is there, he hardly notices if anyone is watching him. Maybe it would work, maybe not, but it gives him some comfort in believing it works.

When of course, he finds persons awake in the camp, he waves the smudge over and around them, instructing, "Breathe it in, and ignore whatever dreams you have had this night. The desert night is stalked by more than scorpions and snakes."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her he pointed to a dagger" We could wake them up quickly and they can get our point.. Or kick them awake.. one of the two." He mused coldly, his favored way of waking someone up was to scare them to within an inch of their lives. Especially if they felt too secure around him.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

hearing the shouts of the jackel, "some one else has finally woke up."
she attempted to smile at the comment but just went to work at putting her tent away, watching the desert cleric doing some ritual.
"incense is gunna keep it away?"
Zarstra remained quiet as well as confused by the doggie man's actions.

((sorry its so brief. got a paper due monday so been so busy with it my thinker aint working))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching he shrugged some" Who knows really, stranger things have happened. They could be onto something, or absolutely insane to think it'll work. Then again.. there is always that faith bit in one's beliefs.."
Site, story being redone

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Again Aramut circles back to the two watching him, waving the smokey incense before their faces, growling firmly, "Breathe it in, a deep, cleansing breath. If I am wrong, you are none the worse for wear. If I am right however, it is better for you to be cautious and heed my instruction."

Off he continues about the camp, assuming they will do as instructed, continuing his systematic 'ritual' of smudging the area, as if to drive something back and away from that area. If nothing else, the scent of the incense in the noses of those still sleeping may stimulate their conscious mind and stir them from sleep.

He may technically not have the ability or qualification to perform this cleansing ritual, but a native to the desert wilderness, he believes in it, and the effort gives him at least some spiritual comfort, after having his mind violated so.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

finished, she stood up as Aramut came back over with the strange burning herb. having only been to one of the cities of her people once, she knew it was religious. spider-kissers used even more pugnant incense than that. the smoke caused her to cough lightly while Zarstra seamed to be confused.
"I can say," cough, "that it aint worse than the priestess below. if whatever had been divine in nature, would not any of the clergy men have sensed it?"

as if on cue the bedine cleric was up with a sudden jerk screaming, well, man screaming. it was only a few moments before the peeking rays of dawn reset his mind. grumbling and a more suspecious eye on the group, he gathered his things and created a small breakfast for everyone before getting his camel ready.
"let us leave this evil place as soon as possible," he grunted.
luckily the camels had stayed around and were unharmed.

the sun finally peek over the distanct mountains lighting the sand anew for the day. the sorceress pulled her cowl over her sensitive eyes, reaching for an apple on the cloth beside the low burning fire.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

As soon as the first rays of sunlight made their appearance, he was already getting the material wrapped around his head to shield his eyes from the sun and sand. The man screaming usually would have prompted him to silence him permanently. But since he quieted himself it wasn't needed. Eili was busy shaking sand out of her paws before climbing up onto his shoulder. Getting a couple pieces of dry meat, he broke a small piece off for her to gnaw on while he silently ate the piece he had.
Site, story being redone