A brief intro...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

A brief intro...

Post by Ogrim »

Haven't much experience with making character sheets, as with actual campaigns. Perhaps I can get some help with these? I've loved reading Salvatore's books, and so my passion for tales of Drizzt, led me to finding this place, and numerous books providing varying info on Underdark. Here are some of the characters I have conceptualized with a brief description for each:

Silinrul is for now my primary and favorite. A Szarkai (albino drow) he's a valuable asset to his family, only for his potential value as a saboteur blended in among surface elves. This role has not yet been achieved, and there is some small shred of hope yet, to take him away from being turned into another loyal Lolthite.

Zahdu is more concept than anything from any of the books. A creature of dreamstuff that has existed, and is supposed to remain as such, existent within the Astral Plane, for all eternity. 'It' for there is no intelligible, or distinguishable gender by mortal standards, to Zahdu, is brought into the Prime Material, by a young boy whom is no one of consequence to the rest of the world. In the dream world, the Astral Plane, however, he is a natural in the art of lucid dreaming, and commands incredible will and imagination, so much so that as a result of Zahdu, a guardian of things secret and forbidden in the Astral Plane, interacting with this boy, it is pulled through the veil, against its will, and becomes trapped in the Prime Material. While Zahdu does not possess the supernatural strength and speed it does in the Astral Plane, it remains an agile and reasonably strong beast. However, as power of mind is key in the Astral Plane, and Zahdu a native to there, in the Prime Material, its powerful mind places it among those rare individuals known as psionics. (This is also its only means of communication, lacking all the anatomy necessary to verbally articulate, even a mouth.) Gargoyle-like in appearance, this creature if ever encountered might be met as a 'terrorizing monster' that is more a misunderstood entity.

Then the creature behind my main user name. Ogrim -- aka Reaper, and known by many other aliases in his existence. There is no knowledge except among gods, of what he was in life, but he died a hermit, and his corpse lie buried in a cave-in, with no one to give last rites, or to at least mark the grave. Left in a state of unrest, the tormented ghost spent an age, caught between life and death, haunting a place seldom visited by outsiders, and less often then. Within this age, did he learn to embrace certain ways of adapting to his state, such as adopting the ways of wraith and a soul-eater.
Hunting in that in-between purgatory, other restless souls became his food supply, a source of power to amass, until at long last, he found sufficient power to possess a suit of armor, and use it as a temporary body. Hunting in the night, working in the day, the tireless soul of this Reaper, kept up that strength, and built another suit,specially purpose designed to serve as his physical body from then on. Presently, seeking to acquire the aide of a flesh-crafter, wishing to make a whole new living body, albeit without a soul already in it, a new vessel of flesh and blood. If he must be stuck in his state, he would try to have a second chance at living in a manner of speaking.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Character sheet not required, all that is required is sense of the character.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Some of my less textbook style characters I might not use, but I've been having a notion to try something. I've been wanting to try out something in D&D context, within a setting based in Norse mythology. You could keep your current deities if you like, though they would be considered akin to demigods or the deities of minor cults. This is all brought about with my recent obsession with the myths surrounding Fenrisulfr and related persons. I'm not sure if I could form a defined quest or campaign out of it, but the idea of it sounds fun to me.

Anyy comments or suggestions on this?