The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The song ended and she took several deep breaths, calming herself down, then returned to the lake, the pleasant smile playing upon her lips again. She settled by the water again, tucking her legs beneath herself, glancing toward Kalannar. Her expression looked serene again, - Luexena really disliked revealing her true feelings, not because she sought to decieve people, but because she did not like to be vulnerable infront of strangers. [i:q02ux2ew]How's the water?[/i:q02ux2ew]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:1k5fwugu]Rathe' warm.[/i:1k5fwugu] He replied and once again dissapeared into the moonlit lake. A moment later he'd reappear again wading near her, his head tilted to the side. [i:1k5fwugu]So wha' b' troublin' ya? Tha' was a sad song you were sin'in'. [/i:1k5fwugu] The half drows locks were scattered loosely about him now, having obviously been untied at some point, which made them dissapear into the water, clearly they were much longer than they looked.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She looked up to him and replied evenly. [i:2n4p9xr1]Nothing you should bother yourself with, dear Kalannar. I am still waiting for a reply from my sister though, it's odd that she's been missing for several hours by now.[/i:2n4p9xr1] Her eyes took him in, then Luexena looked away, picking up a pebble and tossing it into the water. [i:2n4p9xr1]We should return soon. I do not want Delrum to run around and wave his axe like mad.[/i:2n4p9xr1]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:5xttd61p]Though' he was headed ta sleep?[/i:5xttd61p] The man asked, smirking as the pebble sunk into the water. He'd catch it beneath the surface and would then toss it back at her. [i:5xttd61p]Be a shame for such a fin' lass t' be s' sorrowful. Ya can tell m' wha' be botherin' ya.[/i:5xttd61p] Again he'd move to float on the surface of the lake, seemingly not shy in the least, even nude, likely do to his background.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned to regard Vala; "are you sure, Lady Vala; I'd be more than willing to look after them, or. . . . . " Onix trailed off in thought.

Turning to Veraka, he asked; "my friend, would you be willing to look after Lady Vala's two younglings?"

Veraka looked befuddled for a moment, then regained his composure.
"As much as I'm sure that my wife and I would be willing to watch over them, I would have to seriously ask, is that alright with you, Lady Vala," the aasimar finished looking at Vala as if asking her.

"What if Sir Palax was to accompany Veraka; at least then you would know that your kin is watching your children?" Onix said to the both of them.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

( OOC: And finally his back. xD *unfreezes her char.* )

Onix had turned away for good, no other questions asked, the slight shrug of one shoulder would go amiss as LiNeee herself turned back to the bar, the male behind it looking rather aggresive. She tilted her head and edged away, her thoughts on the man who had walked outside, she felt it were her fault, and why wouldn't it be? LiNeee sighed and turned for the door, she had some apologising to do, it was apparent.

[color=darkblue:2dyo9h3w][i:2dyo9h3w]"LiNeee,"[/i:2dyo9h3w][/color:2dyo9h3w] came the small whisper from her shoulder, she almost froze but knew the second she heard it; who it was. [i:2dyo9h3w]"Yes Phoebey?"[/i:2dyo9h3w] she muttered back, left hand now bracing the door of the Inn, and with one final shrug of her wrist she had it flying open; and through it she dissapeared; for the insiders' eyes anyhow.

Outside the moonlight shone brightly, like a spotlight blazing down utop her head. [color=darkblue:2dyo9h3w][i:2dyo9h3w]"It's not always your fault, ya know..."[/i:2dyo9h3w][/color:2dyo9h3w] came Phoebey's voice again, LiNeee ignored it before peering into the stables,[i:2dyo9h3w]"hello?"[/i:2dyo9h3w] she awaited for the stable boys reply, or perhaps that of the drow who had dissapeared earlier.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned to regard Vala; "are you sure, Lady Vala; I'd be more than willing to look after them, or. . . . . " Onix trailed off in thought.

Turning to Veraka, he asked; "my friend, would you be willing to look after Lady Vala's two younglings?"

Veraka looked befuddled for a moment, then regained his composure.
"As much as I'm sure that my wife and I would be willing to watch over them, I would have to seriously ask, is that alright with you, Lady Vala," the aasimar finished looking at Vala as if asking her.

"What if Sir Palax was to accompany Veraka; at least then you would know that your kin is watching your children?" Onix said to the both of them.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

after a bit the rogue looked to the group then got up from her seat.
"if yall are desiring to travel to the city, I would be willing to accompany yall. it wouldnt hurt to have one familier with the city life. I will be upstairs." she thought for a moment, "it was nice to meet you, Vala and Palax. good to see old friends again Veraka and Onix. Good rest...? I think that is the surface way of saying it anyway."

Zarae then disappeared upstairs. ((so yall come get her or what not when the plans to go come about))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Oh! Well, I certainly wouldn't mind, but I'm really not certain it would be a good idea for either of us to go. We ARE darthien, after all. I can't imagine we would be welcome there as anything other than slaves or sacrifices. I've heard enough tales to know how they would view us." Vala grimaces, and gives Onix and Veraka a warm smile. "But I thank you for the thought all the same."

Palax nods, and looks at Veraka. "I agree. However, if that offer stands, perhaps you would be willing to allow us both to come? I'm curious as to why you chose to follow a deity who is generally more concerned with scaled folk. Perhaps you could even teach me a little of the gods that are known here. Since it seems I will not be going home any time soon."

Vala then turns to Zarae, answering her question. "I'm not entirely certain when they plan to leave, but most likely it will be soon. Probably as soon as the supplies and other necessary arrangements can be taken care of." (OOC: Assume she said this before Zarae went upstairs.)

Outside, the drow hears the female's Evensong, and after a few moments, he begins to match it with his own, her mood seeming to align closely with his own feelings at the moment. The sad sound echoes out across the grounds and the small lake, and he sighs as he finishes and makes his way quietly down to the shore, his melancholy mood making him wish for a nostalgic swim. At the water's edge, he suddenly stops, as he catches sight of Luaxena and the strange male, and realizes he has interrupted something.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix smiled at Vala, and replied; "I don't mean to push the issue, ma'am, but with all due respect, am I so much different from you?" the clone pointed towards his half-elven pale face.

"But again, they're your children, I would just feel a little more comfortable knowing that there's a half-dragon elf spellcaster backing me up in a fight, that's all," Onix chuckled.

Veraka looked to Palax and nodded; "of course my offer stands, Sir Palax, though I must warn you, I might not be the best at explaining my deity's intentions and goals, seeing as he prefers his followers to speak through their actions, not their words; but I will try nonetheless," Veraka says with a slight bow.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well...." She says slowly, as if considering the clone's words. "You at least have your armor to disguise yourself, and in any case, they would probably just take you for an albino or some such. Me? Not so much, I'm afraid." She taps a finger next to the tiny horns one her forehead, and then holds up a clawed hand.

"I'm afraid our heritage would be plainly obvious to anyone there, especially the draconic part. Somehow, I don't think a city full of drow will over-look that. But I suppose if there were some way to hide it..." She shrugs, and gives a small sigh. Then she looks at him, puzzled. "How did you know I was a spellcaster? I didn't think I'd mentioned it." (OOC: I don't remember mentioning her profession anywhere, or was that from some of our PM discussions?)

Palax nods to Veraka, and smiles (wow, you made him do that! Twice!) "I understand. I am the same. I usually let my deeds speak for me- though it seems there are far too many folk who cannot understand such things, and must be told the error of their ways."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix cocked a black brow toward Vala; "in all actuallity, Lady Vala, would you honestly expect any drow to be dumb enough to take me for an 6' 5", albino version of their kin. Because, if that were truly the case, then I think you could actually bring the younglings along; however, somehow, I'm guessing that you're correct in your initial assumption."

At Vala's question, the clone chuckled again; "soldiers intuition?" he offered. "Truth be told, on my last mission, I was around to many wizards and mages to not learn a few things about them, the first being how to recognize them. And you, Vala, [b:308eb04b]don't[/b:308eb04b] have the look of a soldier about you, and if you do, well concealed on your part. Truth is, you don't strike me as the fighting, frontal assault-type, so my next best guess would be the spell-casting type." ((Um, well, you did put this: [url=viewtopic.php?t=1839&postdays=0&postord ... 0:308eb04b]Mention of Vala[/url:308eb04b]))

Veraka actually breathed a sigh of relief for a change; the paladin was actually of a like mind with Palax in one of their methodologies.
"I think then, Sir Palax, you will find that my deity, Bahamut, has more to offer you specifically than you will know, or at least, you will have an appreciation for his ways. You could say that he and I see eye-to-eye when it comes to what we believe is justice," the aasimar tapped his dragon-scale armor to emphasize his point.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: For shame, V- that's OOC knowledge! -100 exp for you buddy! And actually, she does carry a rapier at her side, so he could have taken her for a fighter, too. She just doesn't wear any armor- but then again, niether does the bard. And he's pretty UCAP when it comes to combat...

IC: "That's- very astute of you, Onix. I am something of a natural spell-caster. And bladesinger. I have learned to combine my arcane gifts with my skill at arms, to great effect. My brother, on the other hand, has very little in the way of magical skill, beyond a bit of song magic- but he rarely uses it. He seems to prefer his divine blessings."

"Indeed," replies the knight, "though I find those are in very short supply at the moment. I've not had contact since we got here. It's- upsetting, to say the least. I probably would not be good for much more than an extra sword-arm in such a place. And without the Sky Father's blessings, even that is only minimal."

He grimaces at the mention of Bahamut. "Well, I'm glad enough for you, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same. Where we come from, there have been several terrible wars between the various draconic races, to the point that some were nearly extinguished altogether. And it all stemmed from the never-ending feud between him and that b*tch Tiamat- as opposing aspects of the Nine-fold Wyrm, Quirinaurak, or Io as some have called him. The battle still goes on, and the last Dragon War was only a little morethan ten millennia ago. There has even been talk of another one brewing. I find it all rather annoying, to be honest. Our father's kin are supposed to be so wise and enlightened, intelligent, and benevolant, yet they are just as petty and quarrelsome as any other sentient species. It's deplorable, so I washed my hands of the whole mess."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: HEY!! Onix's been around more than his share of spellcasters anyways, he can guess, I just used my knowledge to up his chances, :p :D So haha!!))

The commando nodded; "it seems like we all have our own ways of doing things I suppose. At the very least, the young ones have a gentle mother," he nodded towards Vala, "and a protective uncle," he inclined his head towards Palax, then continued "as well as a skilled and overly-nutty bard," the clone chuckles at his remark about Lothir.

At that moment, an avian cry could be heard outside the Inn. Onix looked towards the door, "and if you'll both excuse me for a moment, I believe that there's someone here to see me."
With that, the clone got up and walked out of the inn.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSAlvgok7A:2d4jnp9e]Eagle Cry[/url:2d4jnp9e]

"At the very least they'll grow up to know their own parents," Veraka chimed in now.
"I know for a fact that there's nothing more heartbreaking and angering in the world than not knowing ones parents."
At Palax's comment about his kin, Veraka responded; "Sir Palax, with respect, I personally think you judge your kin to harshly. Perhaps, yes, Tiamat and her Redspawn have caused many a problem and others dragons have been overtly ambitious and sought to control that which they could not. But can you honestly base your judgments on just your experiences alone, Palax. If your answer is yes, then as one paladin to another, I feel obligated to call you a fool for doing so. I've seen many a dragon-kind commit atrocities which were unforgivable, but I've seen many more do the exact opposite; helping out a pregnant woman with her family after a band of gnolls had killed her husband and brother, giving aid to the those in poverty, guiding the young and in many cases, brash and inexperienced knights to gain them new and unforgettable wisdom and knowledge. Perhaps in your world, yes, the draconic race has committed infallible crimes, some of which might make you wish they hadn't existed, but I assure, Sir Palax, that the dragons of Toril, though similar they may be, in both color and attitude, are quite different than you might think. I know a copper personally that challenged me to a dual, only to find that a Champion of the Lord of the Northern Wind does not lose so easily, to anyone or any dragon," Veraka chuckled at his thought.

"I can honestly say I was quite taken aback when the copper female didn't lash out at me in a prideful rage, rather, actually accepted her defeat, and asked me to show her what I used to defeat her in the dual. She was more than a little surprised when I showed her how flawed her on combat techniques were. Truth be told, I'm just as surprised that I didn't end up a roasted paladin in a armor suit."

Onix made his way outside, just in time to see a large eagle come soaring down from the sky. The large bird screeched as it dove down through the tree line, blazing a trail towards Onix.
The clone merely extended an arm towards the bird; the eagle landed on Onix's armored arm with a swift grace, its talons as large as anyone of his fingers. [url=http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=harpy%2 ... 0:2d4jnp9e]Valor[/url:2d4jnp9e]

"Easy, Valor," the clone chimed as he let the harpy eagle walk over to his shoulders and perch itself there. Onix looked around, finding a few faces staring at him; "you know, you attract a lot of attention, buddy," the clone said to the bird.
Valor ruffled his feathers to where they stood up over his head like a mo-hawk.
[url=http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=harpy%2 ... b:2d4jnp9e]Pic idea[/url:2d4jnp9e]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee sought refugee in the stables, peering through the blanket of darkness. She crossed her arms over and pulled the ebony cloak tightly around her form, a low shake had started in her bones. [i:bmwub2ug]"Stable boy?"[/i:bmwub2ug] She called with yet again no answer, though she did hear the tiny whimpers of the horses, the crunching of hay being chewed or stood on. [i:bmwub2ug]"Destiny?"[/i:bmwub2ug] She suddenly asked, rather alarmed as she peered over the edge of a stall door; there, lay her allabastor mare, on her side with legs spralled. [i:bmwub2ug]"Destiny! No!"[/i:bmwub2ug] She cried, her voice so loud the other horses snorted in disgust. LiNeee threw the gate to the stall open, dropping to her knees she sprung across the straw towards her mount; who wasn't moving.

Behind her the crunching footsteps of another were heard, she ignored them, though she knew quite well who it would be. Nearing the horse, several marks along her neck and shoulders were noticed, LiNeee gasped as she spotted the dagger, hand cupping her mouth as the glistening, crystallised tears sprung from her eyes and rolled down her marbel like cheeks. [i:bmwub2ug][color=darkred:bmwub2ug]"Ahem,"[/i:bmwub2ug][/color:bmwub2ug] came his voice, and at that moment, LiNeee wished that someone else was with her, that she had a companion. Fury ripped through her like the turrents of a tidal wave, she leant down and placed a tender kiss upon the forehead of Destiny, before she got to her feet and whirled towards him. [i:bmwub2ug]"What did you do?"[/i:bmwub2ug] She hissed, hands on her hips and eyes narrowed; the stable's boy smiled feebly and nodded his head, [color=darkred:bmwub2ug][i:bmwub2ug]"she needed to be put down, I did it for free, you should thank me."[/i:bmwub2ug][/color:bmwub2ug]

LiNeee's heart tore apart, her breathing sharpened as she stepped forwards, hands fumbling at something tied to her waist, [i:bmwub2ug]"you will thank me for what happens next,"[/i:bmwub2ug] she whispered. At her waist something flashed, a silver strike in the low light; a burst of crimson ushered from something, and suddenly that silver flash turned scarlett. The boy dropped to his knee's, choking. LiNeee stood still, in her hand; poised, unmoving, was an onyx dagger, barely a foot long. She scowled down at the boy, dropped the dagger and walked forwards, hand outstretched she didn't hesitate as she wrapped her slender fingers around his throat. [i:bmwub2ug]"Goodbye,"[/i:bmwub2ug] she hissed out between tight lips, from there she threw him, with as much strength as she could conjur up, straight out of the stables and into the mud out front.

She followed him, tears bursting from her eyes at this point, her hair tangled behind her back, hands shaking. The stable boy took his last gasping breath before his head lolled to the side, his mouth open, eyes half shut. LiNeee fell to her knee's, her sobs beginning to shake her form, she barely noticed the clone and his over-grown bird standing there.

( OOC: Hmm, had to mix something up, I got bored. x3 Some pics --> [url=http://www.ferinarabians.com/faji8136small.jpg:bmwub2ug]Destiny[/url:bmwub2ug] - [url=http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodima ... g:bmwub2ug]The Dagger[/url:bmwub2ug])
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval