"Come little children...."

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Come little children...."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Okay, veraka and I have been tossing some stuff back and forth, and we're looking for a few good drow. (Or whatever...) The premise is an Underdark quest to find drow in Menzo who are fed up with Lolth's wars and intrigues, and are ripe for the Maiden's message. Anyone who's interested, feel free to sign on here, as we're taking a caravan down disguised as a traveling troupe of entertainers and "merchants" to infiltrate Menzoberrenzan and find drow children and others to rescue from Lolth's grasp!!

(For those interested, state your PC race/class, and what role you will play in the "carnival" band. Remember, this is supposed to be a Gypsy-type troupe, with various entertainers and sellers, maybe a few animals and "freaks", so go nuts.)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

sounds interesting... and a cool idea.

start on the surface or below? and if we use a character already used, will this occur after a certain RP (like after clone we decide to go there or the like) or do yall prefer new characters?

tho i hope this actually get off this page and gets going. since there have been a few proposed ideas from folks and still aint started.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Thanks. The simple reason it hadn't been started yet was I just had not gotten around to it yet. Veraka and I have been pm'ing about it, (it will be co-DM'ed by us, so there SHOULD always be at least one person to act as DM.) but we really were still just tossing ideas around. And then I got bored and just said, what the heck. So here we are! :D

Okay, a few ground rules, anyone may join, but please, if you will be gone for a while, let everyone know, and pull your PC off to go keep busy while the others continue. Since we will be in Menzo for most of the adventure, it should be fairly easy to just have them withdraw to the nearest tavern until you can jump back in. We'll be starting at the Half Moon, just to give those who want to join a place to meet, and then proceed down from there. (Veraka, I hope that works for you, it just seemed like a good meeting spot.) The other rules is pretty easy, too. There is no strict order to posting, but please give folks a chance to respond to your dialog. And PvP (not fights unless there's a good reason) interactions are fine, we want everyone to enjoy this.

Also, anything you wish to do that will affect others, will require that player's consent. That should go without saying. Hope this helps!

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

i was talking w/ V about leaving from the inn already having known and worked together.

ok then:

Zarae- Drow Rogue/shadowdancer for role of scout/thief (the rogue basically)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Okay, that's fine. We have a rogue. Sorry, but I should have also been more specific- what will her "role" be in the caravan? Her cover identity, if you will? (Example- is she going to be masquerading as an entertainer of some sort, a guard, merchant, or other? Lothir is obviously going to be acting as a musician. Onix ,I believe, will be working as a guard.)

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

ah, gottcha.

hmmm? maybe merchant since her family was known for posions and dyes? or a sorta emmisary from another town to open up trade?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

I like the first idea. An emissary just doesn't fit the kind of group we're going to be masquerading as. This is more like a circus or Gypsy carnival band. By merchants, I'm thinking things like herbalists, trinket sellers, animal traders, and other stuff you'd find in a traveling circus or carnival. Candies and treats, maybe. And fortune-tellers, palmists, jugglers, whatever. But have fun with it!

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Count Luex and Kalannar in, their roles we'll discuss ic :)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

K. That's a party of- five? Anyone want to jump in? still plenty of room.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Hey. :) Well, Veraka PM'd me and asked if I would be interested. And, I am. So, here are my donations to the RP:

LiNeee-niss'xae - Drow warrior.

Bella'xae - Shadow dancer - Morpher.

Phoebey - Shapeshifter - Child of the night.

A threesome of ''gympsies'', willing to join the collection of drows heading to the underdark and Menzo. They work together well, a shadow dancer of high power, a shapeshifter and a warrior priestess. However, their carnival show is mere grace. Three ladies, three belly dancers on the stage. They do stunts, the two shapers being any animal the crowd sought. LiNeee will lead the trio.

Hope I'm not intruding...

Lilley. :)
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Not at all! the more the merrier. And the dancers will fit right in. sounds like a plan, then. So that's eight if everyone joins. Good enough- I'll get started on the opening as soon as everyone convenes at the Half Moon!!

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Um... in the light of this new rp, I have doubts that Luex would join them. One kills a child, the other protects her... she would not trust such companions to go along with to a place like Menzo... >.> Unless Luex believes Lothir. *shrugs* Just headsup.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

I should like to join with Thanion Lithvathar. A unique, very unique, quirky, colorful, garrulous, moon elf swashbuckler who wears kilts and likes to play bagpipes. (all the above read, Irish Moon Elf Swashbuckler). He enjoys cooking, brewing, eating, and drinking, so maybe the caravan cook? Very colorful character, would love to play him in this rp.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

yall just let me know (coming and getting zarae) when yall get prepared and ready to leave.
in light of Clone Encounter, looks like everyone might be up for being entertainers (dancers)...

if possibe, stopping and seeing a alchemist before desending (i assume some overland travel (possibly near silverymoon or simular place) before going down. then she might could get the stuff to sell.

and to the moon elf Tanion, would u pretend to be a slave to someone? other wise how would you plan to survive? not that i can say u cant or what not, just something to think bout
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Oh snap! That's correct. Hm..... maybe an indentured servant? Nah, he's too proud for that. um.... well, he could be... an indentured servant to the caravan's "master"?
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.