A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue just sat quietly at fidgeting with her hair at the table watching the others in their music wars and dancing around and just enjoying themselves at a party. the sounds were different, lively and totally new to her. unlike the slightly somber sounds she heard from even the priestess of the rebel house. there was no dark untertones, just joyful songs.
she finished her meal as the waitress came and collect her plate.

((im am done with that stinkin mid-term!!! my brain hurts now, like alot!))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar looked to the holo projector and grumbled something about needing directions on how to operate the advanced contraption. Though, once the door to the storage room opened the drow would cease his grumpiness as his eyes went wide in an almost child like fashion. Immediately he'd cast a haste spell on himself, and then a fly one before launching into the room so he could survey it's contents, and begin raiding it to fill his supplies, and aquire some other things as well.

OOC: Finally back from Florida, increases in posting shall now occur!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1b9fdgyx]There are ways to fill someone with hope. Magical ways...[/i:1b9fdgyx] Lynx said after a pause after they arrived to the shield generator. She focused on drawing the lines, then enchanted them, cupping some dust from the bag the clone was carrying and blowing onto the symbol. The glyph began to glow and the mage turned to regard Edge. [i:1b9fdgyx]But the effect does not last long. So I am not sure if it makes any... sense to use in your case. I fear it might only turn things to worse. Feeling this emotional rise and then have it fade, it might push the scales in the opposite way.[/i:1b9fdgyx]

[i:1b9fdgyx]I admire though that you continue to fight despite of how you feel about it. And yes, I remember you were bred for such. [/i:1b9fdgyx]The young elf motioned with her hand, offering Edge to show her the way to their new destination. [i:1b9fdgyx]Still...[/i:1b9fdgyx] She looked around. [i:1b9fdgyx]Perhaps if your people adopt the Weave, you'd be able to fight your enemies more effectively and it would help you to win. Ryltar and I can teach somebody who could teach the rest. Perhaps even you? It would take time, definately.

Hope... is natural though. Hoping to achieve the goal makes you stronger, more crafty, I think. It's important... But again, I'd leave such conversations to priests.[/i:1b9fdgyx] She smirked, just walking after the man.

ooc: Back too. Sorry, rl been eeeeeviiiiil to me.[/size:1b9fdgyx]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard moves up close to the musicians, watching their every move with the instruments intently, as if memorizing how the strange-looking music is made. At last, when the song ends, he moves close to one with a guitar with a cord coming from it, and asks politely if he could examine it. When the marine nods, he takes it carefully, plucking the strings experimentally, and then looks back at the marine.

"It's off-key slightly on the G and B chords," he says, and fiddles with the knobs, plucking the strings again, and continues until he is satisfied with the sound. "How does it work without a sound-box? What is the cord here for?" He asks, looking excited and curious.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: yay!! Now we can continue onwards))

Onix looked at Ryltar with a slight smirk on his face, and shook his head as the wizard went about the storage area. At the wizards remark about the holoprojector, Onix merely said "you should be able to get it working with a simple push of the button that looks red; oh and Maryne and myself will be in the armory closest to here."

With that, the clone gestured towards down the hall at Maryne, saying "if you will, this way," and strode down the hall toward the armory, in which Ironside was prepping their kit in.

Leading on with Lynx trailing, Edge arrived at the armory that was their destination as one of their objectives to put a glyph near.
"After seeing what you and Ryltar did to that bug with whatever it is you used, I believe it; however, much like technology, something not naturally induced upon a physical being, like you said, will not last long. Well, except maybe, [b:1tk9hwe9]maybe[/b:1tk9hwe9], the nanotech robots that were placed within our blood when we clones were just infants. That might be the only thing that I can think of that hasn't worn off or required a constant maintance checkup."
Letting Lynx work her glyph onto a wall near the armory door, the clone thought of something.
Looking to Lynx, the clone asked "how is it you live in a world that bases all of its relations of base prejudices that are useless and completely irrelevant when it is the individual, not the species, whom has the ability to change? I can understand the base level prejudices that one species might incur to another, but it seems that the world you live on has more problems than our galaxy does."

Pyro turns to Lothir and chuckles; "[b:1tk9hwe9]this[/b:1tk9hwe9], my bardic friend, is techno, the music of of the future." Pyro ALWAYS loved this genre of music. The demolitionist looked toward the Betas leader, Stinger, who nodded toward the Thetas, indicating that they should take the first round right as the bard got up and went over to the marines in the band.
Stalker decided to take round one, and got up. He proceeded into the center of the tavern and immediately hit the deck. Pushing off the ground proceeded to move his upper chest up and off the ground while his legs were still on it in a sine-wave motion. The marines in the crowd hooted and cheered at the all too recognized style known as 'The Worm'.
After about ten repetitions of the sequence, the sniper rotated his body so he flipped onto his back; kicking his legs out and pushing his arms against the ground beneath his head, Stalker launched himself up off the ground and onto his feet. Looking back at the Betas, the sniper grins and strides back to back to his spot.

The marine playing the violin looks to Zana with an odd look on his face; but shrugs, gives her the electric violin, and pulls out a spare from a locker nearby.
"Have fun," he says to Zana, then proceeds to get back into the song.

The trooper that'd been playing an electric guitar, looks at Lothir like he's brain dead, and then chuckles; "it doesn't need a sound-box, simply because the instrument transmits all of its sound-waves into electrical impulses, which are pumped through that cord your asking about"; the marine points toward the cord that comes out of the end of the instrument, and continues; "which send those impulses to a bass or speaker, and there it plays its sound." The trooper indicated the over-sized speakers and bass that were all around in the tavern, thrumming the beat and sound of the techno song that they were playing.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard looks blankly at the marine, staring at him as if he'd grown another head. "I'm sorry, but I don't know what any of those things are you just mentioned. It just looks like some kind of strange rope attached to a box. Is it some sort of magic?"

Then he happens to turn and see Stalker doing his peculiar move on the floor. "What in the Nine...?" he asks no one at all, gaping at the clone moving like some sort of eel with seizures. As the clone gets back up and moves into place again, he hears the soldiers all cheering, and realizes this must be part of the dance contest. He wrinkles his nose, and looks vaguely disgusted. "THIS is what they call DANCING?!" He says, almost spitting the words. "Pfft- amateurs...." He rolls his eyes, hands the marine back his instrument, and moves over close to Pyro. "Didn't he say you were a few short?"

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Just as Lothir asks his question, one of the Betas move up and performed the same move, then taking it up a step further, not exactly the one Stalker did, but close to; still in one person, the Beta, Fritz, performs the worm, a basic street dance, or what would be considered that, in the same fashion that Stalker did and adding his own twist to it, getting a good cheer from crowd as well. ((I really don't feel like describing all the moves that each stage goes through; if anyone has any ideas for some 'dance' moves that either side could use, feel free to PM me. The crazier, the better, I always say.))

"Lothir, I think you're taking the term 'dance off'; where yes, we do compete for the crowd and try and win their approval; you must remember, my friend, what you consider dancing is WAYY different than what we clones or the Marines are used to seeing in our galaxy; whatever [b:qxp3jqoi]classics[/b:qxp3jqoi] you have in mind is something that we've never had the time to explore or try, simply on the fact that we're fighting for our very existence where we come from," Pyro chuckles back to the bard.

"Oh and something I feel I must mention; at each level of the competition, each side must match off their opponents previous one move, for a max of one round before and then done. So to make this easy for you to understand, what Stalker and Fritz just did was what I consider to be the 'opener' of the competition; oh and one more thing, we clones dance according to the tune being played. Every different round, there's a different tune being played. Soooooo, what Stalker and Fritz just did was according to the music genre, Techno; got it?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He ponders that for a moment, then nods. "Oh, so it's a nediarra in the round, and one contestant builds off of the one before for the loudest cheers? Interesting. Ours were always simple elimination-style- everyone starts at the same time, in whatever style or techniques they wish, but always keeping to the rhythm of the music. If one faltered or lost the beat, or became too fatigued to keep up, he was counted out. Some of those contests went on for hours. It's not just skill, but endurance and style. If they were too repetative, they were also counted out, simply for lack of style. And we had judges to watch for mistakes and such to call someone out. It was not about crowd appeal. This might have merits, too."

He watches the second clone intently, as if memorizing every detail of how he moves. He nods as if to himself, and smirks. "Too easy," he says after a moment. "I could show them a few moves they could NEVER duplicate..."

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3ezdkhsa]When you see a Leecher, you shoot it, without waiting to see if it has something to say or if it's behaviour is different than others, right? In Faerun... most of the ...darkskinned cousins, and I assume your question is aimed at them, are almost as bad as these Leechers... [/i:3ezdkhsa]Lynx replied, pausing in her step. [i:3ezdkhsa]If they raid the village, they kill and maim and torture, take captives for slavery and sacrifices.

Most of this prejudice is based on the experience. My kin's been fighting for centuries against the dhaeraow. Trust me, took a lot of time for me to overcome this... almost ingrained hatred and mistrust toward Ryltar. I do believe -now- that not all of them are evil and that some even try to follow that dancing goddess of theirs. But I am sure some might be using her name as a cover to trick and then backstab when they have a chance. The Spider-kissers' society is based on fear, hatred and treachery. Only the strongest and the most cunning survive. And they hate us, the surface 'cousins' since our Father, Corellon, banished them into the darkness, placing the curse upon them.[/i:3ezdkhsa]

The elf turned, resuming walking to their destination along with Edge. [i:3ezdkhsa]It's the racial hatred nurtured for centuries, fueled by raids and fighting, nurtured from both sides, Edge. My kin are just as guilty of that as the drow. Some in their pursue of the goal of destroying the dark kin, turn as wicked as them. Heard of that too[/i:3ezdkhsa].

She stopped, waiting for the door to open. [i:3ezdkhsa]The war is still going on. And as long as it goes, these feelings would remain, thought the Eilistraeeans try to soothe those.[/i:3ezdkhsa] The door slid to the side with a quiet hiss and the clone and the elven mage entered the hall together, Lynx paused, looking around at all the consoles with glowing buttons. [i:3ezdkhsa]Here.[/i:3ezdkhsa] She picked a wall and moved to place a glyph upon it.

[i:3ezdkhsa]As for magic... Some effects are quite permanent, like in Baleful polymorph spell... Or Flesh to stone. Besides there is a spell called Permanency, which allows to make whichever effects are placed upon the target permanent. There is also a Wish spell. Not many know that one, fortunately.[/i:3ezdkhsa] The glyph was done and charged and the wizardess turned to look to the clone with a smile.[i:3ezdkhsa] A spell of that power could change the world permanently. Like destroying all the Leechers. But it is extremely dangerous. A wrong, careless wording can bring to unexpected results. Besides, the Weave calls to a balance. Change the world in your favor in one way, and it will bring many consequences, ones that you'd not know of right away.[/i:3ezdkhsa]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grinned within the storage room, he had by now filled most of his magical bags with various reagent supplies, and now, rather comically had a large burlap sack slung over his should, bulging with other goodies from within that wouldn't fit into those bags. He'd head on out now, heading to the Armory where Onix and Zana were, muttering a quiet thank you to still having had a Bull's Strength spell still on him. Upon arriving there, he'd roll his neck and set that sack down with a rather loud clatter. "So, what sort of weapons do we have here?"
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(([color=green:1l3rsm5f]time to start a new thread[/color:1l3rsm5f]))[/size:1l3rsm5f]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~