A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard snorts, and shakes his head in disgust. "Depends on your idea of 'enjoyable', friend. Some of those Matrons had VERY questionable tastes! Fortunately, I didn'thave to worrt TOO much about being the next sacrifice- I doubt many of them would have watned to face the wrath of my House if they tried that on me. The First House would have been VERY upset to loose it's only heir, and it has the power to back up its position."

He grimaces for a moment, then shrugs and goes into a sort of short tirade. "All the same, it was annoying not to be able to set one foot outside the Academy without some Noble-blooded female all over me. It was rediculous! Just because you're the most eligible male in the entire empire AND good-looking, suddenly they're all a bunch of screeching vultures after your carcass!" He sighs, with a look of absolute distaste as he sips at the wine, leaning against a wall.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx watched the video silently, her expression did not change much, though the young woman paled slightly, reminded of the bug's abilities.

[i:mlbtxquw]Right. Back to work.[/i:mlbtxquw] She waited a moment for Maryne to look to her, then activated the hologram with the ship again, showing her several spots upon the deck they were on. [i:mlbtxquw]Here, here, here, and here. Set the wards, alright?[/i:mlbtxquw] The magess handed the priestess a handful of crushed quartz and a chunk of wax. [i:mlbtxquw]If you have problems with those, let me know. I'll take care of them.[/i:mlbtxquw]

[i:mlbtxquw]And I need to check other decks, if you excuse me?[/i:mlbtxquw] The elf nodded to Onix, Ryltar and the two women, then walked off, glancing about. She wandered down the hall, somewhat warily, curiously, watching the panel doors opening up and closing - and people walking past her. She stopped finally, not far from the turbolift, and began drawing another glyph before enchanting it - surely catching a few curious glances in a process.

As the glyph began glowing, she turned and looked around. The doors of the turbolift made a quiet screeching sound, sliding to the sides, several people coming out of that tiny room... then some time after the doors opened again and more people walked out. Lynx blinked, intrigued, so approached the cabin and touched the doors with her hands. They reacted immediately, opening. The elf paused before stepping into the lift - at the same time with one of the crew members joining her in it.
[i:mlbtxquw]Destination?[/i:mlbtxquw] - The mechanical voice asked.
[i:mlbtxquw]Deck 5[/i:mlbtxquw] - The man replied, looking to Lynx. [i:mlbtxquw]And for you, miss?[/i:mlbtxquw]
[i:mlbtxquw]...Um. Deck five sounds about right.[/i:mlbtxquw] She mumbled. [i:mlbtxquw]And what deck were we at?[/i:mlbtxquw]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Captain Witmor looked to the young drowess, and nodded his head; "if it is food you require, then very well;" the captain looked to Zarae with a raised brow at her second question, but merely smiled, remembering how much of a sneak he was as a brand new officer.
He decided to see if these drow were as talented in the ways of subtlety that Edge had told him.
"Riddle me this; 'I am this number if the ending day of the week is considered bad luck." The captain let the drowess munch on that, then continued.
"Follow that with your answer from 'Why is Seven afraid of Nine?' and you'll be two steps away from your one problem." With that the captain bid Zarae a good day and continued onward, swiping his hand across the sensor panel, which opened the door to the gunner station and walked in. The door closed after, leaving Zarae there in the hall.

PYro looks at the bard as Lothir gets his sad face.
"Wait, wait, wait; let me get my bullets facing the right direction. You were [b:1s9dha6e]forced[/b:1s9dha6e] into a such a arena?" Pyro chuckled almost uncontrollably.
"Try being seduced by a demoness, only to realize that she actually [b:1s9dha6e]has[/b:1s9dha6e] the hots for you and then you're team blows through the door [b:1s9dha6e]right[/b:1s9dha6e] on time, and then blasts her brains out. I mean granted I realize now that being seduced by a succubus is rather, well, unavoidable; but in my defense, I'll state this. It was either that or being Leecher bait; you do the math in that scenario."
The demolitionist was smiling back at the bard, his expression on of [i:1s9dha6e]top [b:1s9dha6e]that[/b:1s9dha6e] if you can[/i:1s9dha6e].

"That's what you tell everyone; but if ya ask me, you were just weak minded," Stalker shoots over to Pyro, causing a roar of laughter to erupt from nearby patrons.

"Hey, you'd do the same thing, ya sniping asshole," Pyro shot back, taking another swig of his drink. He was beginning to feel the dazing effects of the drink.

"Nah, I'd just admit that I find her seductively attractive and be done with it."

"You just love your sniper rifle to much," Pyro jested towards him.

"Yeah and you like your explosives a little too much."

"And what's wrong with that?"

"Everything," stalker finished in his deep voice. The laughter went up a few notches, with some marines and patrons falling out of their seats.

Onix looked to Zana and replied; "No; it'll be a whole nest, which the numbers can be anywhere from a couple dozen to well into the thousands; and you can be sure that there'll be guardian bugs there as well. Nests are never without their guards."
"As to whether or not the white furball can kill them, possibly, but it'll be more of risk to himself and us than anything. . " the clone stopped, thinking about something; then said "however, perhaps there is something he maybe able to where that'll make the job easier for him."

At Maryne's comment, Onix turned and nodded; "Actually, Maryne, there is a way for us to kill them at a distance, but it'll require you to use one of these or something similar," he pointed to the M92 HMG latched on his back plate.
"At a range and with the right amount of power, most of the Leecher hatchlings will be easy targets. Oh and as to [b:1s9dha6e]that[/b:1s9dha6e] particular monster, it's already dead; we dispatched it not more than eight hours ago. Fortunately for us, that one was a queen, and they're about as rare as they come."

At Maryne's sentiment, Onix was caught off guard, not sure as to how to respond. Clearing his throat, he replied, "I'm a warrior, Lady Maryne; my job isn't to judge a world or the species that inhabit that planet; it's to fight, to destroy all my enemies, the Leechers being first and foremost. Me and my brothers weren't created to question to motives of others, we were created to protect the innocent of our galaxy, fight the bugs that you just saw and where all possible, get the innocent and civilians of the ESAF out of harms way," he stops , breathing out slowly, remembering how many times he'd failed that directive.

"And since the bugs our now threatening this planet, that number now includes any and all inhabitants of Toril as well. So if the Dark Maiden or any that serve her are threatened, then you'll find the clones of the 501st[/size:1s9dha6e] Hunters Battalion there to meet the threat head on."
At the priestesses last comment, the clone looked away; "I wish that were true Lady Maryne, but our directive is to fight until all our enemies are destroyed. The war in our galaxy has been raging for well beyond 70 years, with my forces being slowly pushed back. Know this, me and my brothers were created as a last ditch effort to slow and/or put a halt to the advancement of our enemies through their use of the Life Leechers. Only up in the past few years have we made ANY progress. I certainly wish that you're sentiment were true, Maryne; unfortunately for me and all my brothers, there might not be a reality for us at all. You see what we do as noble and worthy of honor and praise; but have you seen the forces we serve, you'd realize that our higher ups aren't so different than any other politician or king; most are just as corrupt and self-serving as you'd expect."

If anyone was surprised at this, they'd realize that the clones may have been super intelligent and what not, but with this intelligence came the realization that no matter what they did, they were bound to the military that had created them. No, Onix was not stupid and ignorant of his reality at all.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:2rr09734]If you have problems with those, let me know. I'll take care of them[/color:2rr09734]

"Of course, thank you." She took the ingredients after committing the map to memory, separating the quartz into four piles on her hand and looking up at the hall they walked through, deciding to stay with the others until they left the floor and create the glyphs on the way.

She turned to Onix, looking at the weapon he showed her, and frowned, having never seen anything like it before. "What in the nine hells is that? It looks far too cumbersome to use as a club ... or do you throw it?" She added the last bit, remembering he had said it was for long distance, though that still seemed just as unlikely to her.

As they continued to walk and Onix answered her previous question, Maryne looked around for the spot Lynx had indicated. Finding it, Maryne took the candle and drew out a glyph, casting Dispel Magic and letting a bit of the quartz settle on the glyph, waiting until the glyph glowed to turn around, not speaking for a few moments.

She finally looked Onix in the eye, clearly not understanding his point, "And you intend to fight for the rest of your life, even when these things are long gone? You're well away from your leaders even now, unless I am mistaken. You'd still go back, knowing that you would be used for personal gain? Forgive me, but I was under the impression warriors fought for some[i:2rr09734]thing[/i:2rr09734], not someone."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((1398861 tho dont answer just putting it here so i dont lose it.
tho 7 should never be scared except in retaliation or being pooped out by the way...and i will maintain that!
and its is sorta unfair since he's an earthling and she aint- just saying.))

Zarae smiled as he entered, noticing he didnt punch in a number code. tho if it was a biological reason or a material, she wondered.
sending word to Shade, the spider climbed down over to her.
she was tempted to try her the number, but the small growl of her stomach told her head to the 'tavern.'
"alright, lead the way then," she said as the walked back up the dead end hall.
after traversing the corridors she neared a room with sounds of quite a few folks, and the sounds of enjoyment without the metal on metal sounds.
she entered, Shade beside her, seeing some of her group over by the counter(?) drinking and general merrymaking.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Actually, that should be the other way around, Onix- 6 is afraid of 7 because 789! LOL, just sayin...

IC: He grimaces at Pyro's question. "FORCED is putting it mildly. See, where I come from, aside from being within the walls of one's own House, any male is subject to the whims of whatever noble female happens to pass by if she chooses. If he refuses or proves incompetent, she has the right to punish him in any way she sees fit- usually by tossing him on a sacrificial table. So- yeah. Kind of a no-win situation. No one is immune to that law, though I technically had some lee-way because of rank. Unfortunately, it took me YEARS to figure that out, and by then, they all knew my 'reputation', if you know what I mean. "

He listens to Pyro's tale about the succubus, and stifles a snicker. Then he nods, downing the rest of his wine in one gulp. "Oh, I'm sure I could tell you a tale or two. Had a nasty biology lesson from a tutor once. Apparently he had a 'hands-on' approach to teaching. Probably the worst experience of my life, I'm not ashamed to admit. My mother turned him into a drider for it, but only because he didn't okay it with HER first. Gods above, but I hate my family."

After a moment, he pours another glass, clearly bent on getting drunk. "If it was a choice, I think I'd take the succubus, actually. At least with them, you know where you stand. I'v seen far too many things that no one ever should, and some of them STILL give me nightmares. Like watching a bunch of bloodthirsty pirates throw a stowaway escaped slave overboard to be eaten by sharks, and knowing there's not a damned thing you can do about it without getting tossed over yourself. Or coming home to find out that the one person in the world you cared about and who cared about you is now lying in a refuse pit after having their heart ripped out as a sacrifice- along with two unborn infants you didn't even know she was carrying."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix actually looked bemused to Maryne when she asked him what he used his HMG for.
"No, no, no, Maryne, think of this as a . . . . . crossbow, or perhaps if you've heard of it, a blunderbuss. Only difference is this does its job a lot better than either of those examples."

"If by fight for the rest of my life, then yes, I know how to do nothing else but fight. As to whom it is for or what, well that will likely depend on how well we do of eradicating the bug threat in the first place. As to warriors, yes they do fight for [i:3sazotwk]something[/i:3sazotwk], you could say that me and my fellow brothers just haven't found what yet, aside from our main reason of existence."

Pyro hears Lothir's tale and takes another swig of his liquor, then his face darkens when he hears of Lothir's last comment.
"So who did [b:3sazotwk]that[/b:3sazotwk]?" he asks, his tone very serious, and very angry.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((see, 7 should never be scared, i rest my case!))

Zarae spotted the guys over in the far end, the bar a little destroyed. turning to Shade, "we wont be around long I'm guessing. but dont cause trouble, ok?" she said in a jestful manor.
the spider made a few clicks, shrinking in size before heading to a corner to work on a small web.
the rogue made her way thru the crowd and over to the boys who were looking a bit rough at the moment.
"vendui prollussk," (hello boys) she replied, "what did i miss?"
she winked at the bard, hoping to possibly catch him off guard for the little show earlier, tho unlikely. her stomach growled again as the aroma of something cooking slipped by her nose, reminding her again that she was hungry.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shook his head at Pyro, grimacing. "Long story. The short version is that my father's a tyrannical, possessive, vindictive b*st*rd who never had a single compassionate thought in his LIFE. And my mother's a cold-blooded, sadistic, fanatic b**ch with an ego the size of a tarrasque. They both deserve to rot in the Abyss."

He notices Zarae coming over, and his face is suddenly a mask of friendliness, instead of the cold look of hate that was on it only a moment before. He notes her wink at him, and leans in close to her to whisper in her ear. "I meant what I said earlier- you owe me, kitten! At least now no one suspects you of that little light-fingered incident." He winks back at her as he pulls away, and shrugs at her question.

"Not much- a bar brawl, some big lugs with bigger mouths- you know, the usual."

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

raising a brow, she crossed her arms in a playful manor yet attempting to act serious to his comment.
"well, see..." she replied.
to the comment of the bar fight she rolled her eyes as she picked up an empty half broke bottle, "i see...and this had nothing to do with it?"
she shrugged and sat it back as she took a seat near them. glass was swept with a quick motion to clear a spot in front of her.
"so what is edible?" the rogue asked the orange armored clone, "and actually decent to eat," she lowered her voice so the barkeepeer and staff would hear.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Bah; what ever; I like to think backwards, so HA!!))

Pyro still didn't like the idea, and was about to suggest that Lothir ask the captain to rain down plasma onto his father and see him burn when Zarae showed; his mood instantly brightened.

Stalker sighed, saying "Uhh, here we go again."

"Shut up, you long distance shooting asshole," Pyro shot back, giving Stalker a gesture that only the clones and Marines would know.
"Hello, Zarae. We were just having a [b:1pu1iutz]heated[/b:1pu1iutz] discussion in the tavern, that's all. A marine didn't like me, Stalker disagreed and he nearly brought the whole place down, along with that monk over there, Scar I believe."

The demolitionist looked at Lothir and how the bard was whispering in Zarae's ear; he grinned as he realized what was going on between the two. ((Gotta remember, these guys aren't stupid, they know how to read people and decipher stuff simply by body language.))

"So you're the little sneak who stole my sidearm, ehh?" Pyro said to Zarae in a low tone after Lothir was done speaking.
"Well played, well played indeed. Wish I had that kinda stealth skills; but Stalker got the good end of that straw."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Vith!' How did you figure that out??" the bard says with a mock scowl. "You probably just blew my chance to make her sweat it, you know. Spoilsport." He glares at Pyro, then suddenly grins. "Ah, oh well. I just didn't want her getting into trouble up here- cause we all know how prone curious females are to doing that."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The demolitionist looked to the bard and snickered; "I wasn't breed to be the best for nothing, Lothir; they taught us all sorts of tricks to deciphering things out, Lothir. Besides, Onix would've walked it off like yesterday's lunch. As long as she didn't wave it around like a maniac and pull the trigger, my squad lead wouldn't have thought much about it, and if he did, he would've had the rest of us breathing down his neck about it."

Pyro chuckled at the bard's reaction, clearly pleased that he had caught Lothir.
"You see, my friend; [b:27mpo84p]you[/b:27mpo84p] gave her a decent kiss in the hanger bay, one that I'm willing to bet made a few female marines jealous; so I'm merely returning the favor."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Vlad smirked.[i:1nm8nezs] Ask the man if there is some sort of way for me to communicate to him, not through you. I think if he opens up his mind to allow the connection, it may be possible. Though I've never tried to talk to anyone but you.[/i:1nm8nezs]

"Vlad wants to know how this is possible," Zana repeated for him, "and also, he wants to know if you would allow him to communicate with you and perhaps the rest of the group, for simplicities sake."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue gave a fake smug look, her arms still crossed exaggerating the pose.
"at least thats all i did, this time," she jested. then turning to the bard to look at him, "make me sweat it out huh? what make you think you could do that?"
the rogue reached over twords a bottle they were drinking and brung to her nose to sniff it. her face showed how strong it was.
"trouble? yall aint seen anything yet," she whispered.
taking a sip she nearly choked, but managed to get the burning down and she pushed it away.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~