A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir nods as he sees Ryltar summon more undead guardians, and slips off to stalk the mages from the shadows, circling around behind them while they are distracted by the others. Unfortunately, one of the mages turns and spots him, and casts a spell as soon as he gets close. (OOC: Channeled Sonic Blast)

A blast of thunderous noise crashes over the bard, and he cries out in pain, dropping to his knees. The wizard looks down at him, laughing, and speaks in drowish. <<Pathetic songbird. Did you not like my 'music'? Your corpse will make a fine undead plaything for my Matron!>> he sneers, and spits at the bard.

Still reeling from the agony of the sonic attack, Lothir stares back up at the wizard with fury in his glacial blue gaze, and growls back at him. <<You like music?! I'll SHOW you music, filthy son of a spider!!>> He snarls out a chant that sounds as vile as a demon's screech, and suddenly a huge fiddle-bow appears, formed from a giant white rib-bone strung with dark hair. Yet there is no fiddle to go with it.

The wizard laughs again, looking at the bow in derision. <<What foolishness is this?! I hear nothing!!>>

<<That's because it has not yet begun to play,>> he replies, and suddenly the bow flips sideways, and whips across the mage's chest, slicing through robes and skin alike to begin playing an eerie, hideous tune. The wizard screams in agony and falls, as the fiddle-bow saws back and forth over his ribs, ripping flesh, grating on bone in a bloody serenade.

The bard gets up, staring down with a cold look at the dying wizard, and sneers back at him as he had just done. <<Now THAT'S what I call music,>> he says, and turns away to continue his attack on the remaining mages.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

A launched fireball hit her in the back. The spellmantle flickered but held the blow, saving her from any damage, yet did not protect her from the impact, so the slender young woman was tossed forward and onto the ground. Lynx rolled to the side, bewildered slightly, shaking her head and gripping at her shawl, tugging it off her eyes.

[i:1v6ebbtx]You really -had- to do it...[/i:1v6ebbtx] The elf muttered, pushing herself to her feet, slightly unsteady for a moment. This was when she was attacked by a sneak. A first strike cut through her left sleeve, scratching her arm as she was caught offguard. For the second one she was ready, parrying it with her rapier. Her dagger returned into it's sheath quickly as she tore one of the acid flasks dangling on her belt off, throwing it onto the ground and uttering the incantation. The flask shattered and the acid poured out, hissing.

The spell, however, lifted the tiniest drops of it into the air and forced them to swirl around Lynx, unseen. Then the elven girl lowered her blade and grinned daringly to the attacker, as if inviting him to hit her. And as he did, he plunged himself into her [i:1v6ebbtx]Mestil's Acid Sheathe[/i:1v6ebbtx]. The enemy's eyes bulged and he screamed in pain, his blow never finding the target as his vibroblade and his limb were melted. Lynx brought her foot up in a swift kick, dropping the squirming rogue onto the ground. Her rapier found the man's throat, ending his sufferings.

Then she reached up, gripping at her blooded left bicep, turning to locate the lucky fireball hurler. [i:1v6ebbtx]Pray the blade was poisoned so I do not get to you...[/i:1v6ebbtx] The magess muttered, looking around, jumping to the side to evade a few shots.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Stalkers gaze on Lynx did not escape the drows notice and he growled quietly under his breath before he looked back to the mages. [i:3h8n5u58]Perhaps ending that one now might remove an annoyance later. Could animate him as a zombie or something else unpleasent. Then maybe he'd still have some use.[/i:3h8n5u58] The drows mental musings would be interrupted as Lynx got to his side, putting him at ease, though he'd of course not admit such.[i:3h8n5u58] Glad you could join me Lynx. Your skills in battle are definitely getting better with each encounter.[/i:3h8n5u58]

At the stream of oncoming fireballs would head his way the drow would scowl. He'd leap off to the side to escape most of the blasts, but still he could feel the heat scorching his clothes and exposing an arm and leg to the air, while cooking the flesh a bit. Worse yet he saw his skeletons charge through the wall of fire and blade barrier, which eliminated three of the creatures. And to make matters worse he saw Lynx was knocked off her feet as well. However, it seemed the Sun Elf was able to take care of herself, at least for the moment.

"Let's see how you all deal with this." He'd growl out and recite some words in Draconic as some scales were tossed to the ground. Soon afterwards an actual kobold(Kali's Kamikazee Kobold!) would rise from that spot and Ryltar would point at the mages, and the wall of fire. "Kill them." The kobold would raise it's blade and let out a battle cry as it launched intself towards the wall of fire and blade barrier. As one may have expected, it didn't make it through, however once it died, suddenly two kobolds would appear at the drows side, running around the fire and blades to strike at the drow mages.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3fm78ha5]There you are...[/i:3fm78ha5] The mage was unfortunate enough to give away his position with yet another fireball which made Lynx' lips curl. [i:3fm78ha5]Amateur.[/i:3fm78ha5] Her left hand tugged a bit of sulphur and a string from the pouch, she uttered the words of the spell, coating the string with sulphur and releasing it, targetting the caster with the [i:3fm78ha5]Disintegration[/i:3fm78ha5], pretty much turning him into a cloud of dust.

[i:3fm78ha5]That's my last one of this circle.[/i:3fm78ha5] The elven girl spoke to Ryltar, reaching to grip at the wounded bicep again, pained. [i:3fm78ha5]Soon will have to just kick them around, that's it.[/i:3fm78ha5]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The drow male just laughed at the young drowess, despite his inner fear of her wrath. He already knew he was dead, the question was, how would he go about dying.

Perhaps, however, there was an alternative. . . "The houses that are involved are either long dead or at least, are on the verge of extinction. However, you may, or may not, recognize one. Tazaghar Maemtor seeks these aliens, well their weapons and armor to be specific, but anything that the Matron Mother can get her hands on will be plenty accepted and with an open invitation none-the-less. Oh isn't it irony, how the enemy can come to our house, even offer us their same weaponry and armor, and all they ask for is this pathetic excuse for a group of aliens. A soft and quite sad, price."

"So what will it be female, kill me off or try and squeeze every last bit of information out of me?" Without waiting for a response while Zarae might have pondered his question, the drow male kicked out behind himself with his left leg, while grabbing the knife-arm that was holding the weapon to his throat and tugged at it to pull it away.

((OOC: I'm gonna wait for Zarae to respond, then I'll post a response for everything. Muhahahaa, I can't wait for the next scene.))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

As he kicked out, his foot caught her leg, but she ignored it for it was a grazing hit more than anything. she sensed his movement, knew he planned to fight. that was the way of the drow.
the two fought over the blade in a small struggle. he continued to pull, and she squeezed her arm.
moving into position, the rogue entangled her leg in his in an effort to trip him up. she loosened her arm to allow him to fall forward. using her small bit of weight, she leaned in with him to basically forcing him to eat the dirt. she landed atop of him, other knee in his back with hard crunch (not neccacarily broken), then agilely rolled to the side drawing another blade.
he was up also as she came in with her daggers.
the fight lasted only a few minutes at most, her posion coated blade cutting across his face. the effects of the posion were quick and he struggled to stay alert. finally he slumped to the ground.
She knew she should kill him, and his partner, rid the world of these. but something told her to wait.
instead she bound and gagged them very securely, including fingers and thumbs (incase they know spells). she whistled for the clone that was over with her to hurry.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Stalker had an enemy in his scope when he heard a whistle from his flank. Taking his sniper scope from his helmet, the sharpshooter turned his head toward Zarae whom had signaled him. Seeing her with two prisoners, Stalker hoped down from his sniping position and jogged over to her and the two drow prisoners of hers.

“Well, looks like you’ve had a little fun in your spare time,” he commented to Zarae in his deep, gruff voice; “though, nice work; these two should be easy to break, given the right tools and pressure. Anyways, nice one.”

Onix and Pyro made their way to the front of the lines, even as one of the remaining drow mages was reduced to screaming dust by Lynx's spell.

"Sir, if we get the chance, may I respectfully request to be trained under either of those two?" Pyro asked with a tone of hopefulness and eagerness in his voice, upon seeing the Disintegration spell do it's nasty work.

"Shut it, ya walking time-bomb," Onix muttered back under his breath. Sometimes he swore that Pyro did this [b:v14pm0rx]just[/b:v14pm0rx] to annoy him.

Hearing a scream of behind him, Onix turned to see an odd, small dragon looking creature fall to the wall of blades and fire, only to have two more spring up beside Ryltar. The clone did a double take as he shook his head and thought he was seeing images, but the two kobolds were very real, as they too screamed into the walls of death and died. The clone really got the run for his money when four kobolds popped out, and did the same thing.((I think, I'm not familiar with that spell))

"Whatever works, I suppose," Onix muttered to himself as he and Pyro made their way up to where Stalker and Zarae were. What Onix saw coming their way chilled his spine to the bone.

"Edge, Ironside; hold those damn bastards back, don't let them flank us!" he roared to his second in command and heavy weapons gunner. The constant, heavy staccato bursts of an M92
HMG and the roar of Ironside's Vulcan rotary gun were his answer and confirmation that they understood.

Onix knew that Lothir, Ryltar, Lynx and the newly arrived Drakin, with his odd imp, could take care of the remaining enemies. It was the army that approached them from the front that had the clone worried.

"Marines, fall back now; get to Ryltar and Lynx's position, NOW!"

The friendly soldiers did as they were instructed, pulling back to where Ryltar and Lynx were, firing as they did.

"We don't have time for this," he muttered to himself, knowing what he was about to do, but not liking it at all.

Turning to Pyro, Stalker and Zarae, the clone said, "Pyro, hold off any assholes that might try and get the drop on us from the right. Stalker, anyone that approaches from the front, take their head off. Zarae, if anyone tries to sneak up from behind me, Pyro or Stalker, I'm relying on you to kill them and kill them quickly."

"Yes sir," Stalker said in a cynical, yet content tone. His railgun started to track any unfortunate soul that came within their position.

"You got it, 180," Pyro replied, cocking his HMG. His M92 opened up with a grenade round to a cluster of enemies making their way to the group along the left, followed by timed bursts to anyone that came his way.
"Zarae, look out!" Pyro shouted through his helmet as four adamantine blades lunged for the drowess.

Looking out to the approaching army, Onix opened up his comlink.
"Theta-180 to Hawk-15, do you copy?" the clone said in the mick, signaling the gunship that had dropped the Marines.

"Copy, Theta lead, what are ya up for, over?" came the pilot's voice.

"15, I need to get a signal through to the [i:v14pm0rx]Nighthammer[/i:v14pm0rx], can you transmit for me, over?"

"Can do, Theta lead; what do ya need from big guns upstairs, over?" the pilot asked with a sly chuckle.

"Quite literally, those guns, Hawk, over," Onix said with anxiety and stress building up.

"Rodger that, wait one while I get a link. . . ." the com went dead for a few seconds, but in the time of combat, those seconds felt like minutes; "alright, Theta, I got you a stable link, go ahead."

There was a click over the comm, then a new voice came over the comm.
"This [i:v14pm0rx]Nighthammer[/i:v14pm0rx] FCC (Fire Control Center), what can we do for you,m Theta squad, over?"

"[i:v14pm0rx]Nighthammer[/i:v14pm0rx], this is Theta-180, requesting an orbital bombardment at coordinates Alpha-13, Echo-25, over," Onix spoke into the mick, relaying the position of the approaching army in the distance.

There was a pause over the comm; "You DO realize what you're asking for, Master Gunnery Sergeant, don't you?!" the FCC operator asked Onix in an a surprised and very worried tone.

"Yes sir, that is correct, an orbital bombardment at the requested coordinates."

"Hold on, Theta lead; Relaying this through command, over . . . . ." the comm again went silent, then came back to life; "alright, Theta squad, we've got your coordinates logged in. You guys are gonna see some serious fireworks given your position to the attack radius, over."

"I realize that, [i:v14pm0rx]Nighthammer[/i:v14pm0rx], but either those strikes come down, or we die here and now, over," Onix exclaimed into his helmet mick.

"Understood, Theta lead; keep your eyes on the skies. Positioning batteries, loading target coordinates. Alright, Theta, orbital bombardment incoming."

Within five seconds after the comm went dead, a blue plasma bolt twice the size of Onix came hurtling down from the sky and impacted the ground in front of the approaching army. The energy bolt ripped a hole into the earth, vaporizing dozens of figures in an instant and throwing an equal number around like rag-dolls.
Again, the sky lit up as another energy bolt came blasting down. Goblins, orcs, duergar, and drow were incinerated instantly as the energy blast impacted, setting fire to everything around it.
Another blast came down, followed by another and another. It was like the wrath of the gods personified as the rounds of super-heated energy rained down and vaporized anything that they hit. Onix's visor lit up as it reflected the light of each blast that came down.

Like a torrential rain, the energy blasts came; for 2 seconds straight, they blazed down from the sky, lighting everything up around them in an inferno of super-heated energy. Bodies melted and were reduced to dust as each plasma round impacted. When the last of the plasma rounds impacted, where the army had been, now only craters remained, as if a meteor shower had been channeled down upon them.

Onix stared into the empty wasteland that now had been formed and said "[i:v14pm0rx]Nighthammer[/i:v14pm0rx] good shooting."

((OOC: yeah yeah, I know I'm a nerd, but I don't care, that was fun :p ))
Last edited by veraka on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin was sneaking in behind one of the remaining Drow when the sky light up.

Both he and the Drow shouted, "What in the Nine Hells!" covering their eyes.

Grisnaw looked up from his current squirming victim and his mouth fell open, then spoke to himself, "Now why don't I have something like that?"

As soon as the lights came, they left leaving both Drakin and the Drow blinking the after image away. Drakin recovered first and his shotel entered the Drow's neck.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir was stalking his latest target when he heard Onix shout something into his strange little device. He understood little of it, but one thing caught his attention- the mention of "Big Guns". Having spent a good portion of his life around ships armed with huge cannons and fire-shot, he knew enough to realize that the clone was asking his ship to fire on the approaching army.

"How can they shoot what they can't even SEE?!" he asked no one in particular quietly. A few moments later, he got his answer when the sky lit up like a giant torch. The strange blue light blasted down, obliterating dozens of the advancing troops, and his jaw went to the ground. So did his knees.

"Holy VITH!!" He exclaimed, shielding his eyes from the massive bombardment, even as he heard a drow scout nearby give away his position by cursing viciously when he was blinded by the attack. The bard took advantage byt slipping up behind him, blades swiftly drawn and enlarged once again, to slide around the scout's throat and rest against the skin in a hold from behind.

"Surrender, and you might outlive your fellows out there a bit longer, dhaeraow," he said, hissing softly. He used the elven term for traitor, knowing it would likely infuriate his opponent, though the irony of calling another drow such was not lost on one who had turned against the ways of his own people.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((and yes u ARE a nerd...))

[quote:o6bkca3r]“Well, looks like you’ve had a little fun in your spare time,” he commented to Zarae in his deep, gruff voice; “though, nice work; these two should be easy to break, given the right tools and pressure. Anyways, nice one.”[/quote:o6bkca3r]
the rogue shrugged, "main thing is to get information. but we ilythiiri are not so easy to break, especially to our surface cousins."
with a few of the group making way twords her, she dragged the first male over to the other one and bound them together.

[quote:o6bkca3r]Zarae, if anyone tries to sneak up from behind me, Pyro or Stalker, I'm relying on you to kill them and kill them quickly."[/quote:o6bkca3r]
Zarae sheathed the missile blades and reached up to the sword pendents on the mithril chain around her neck. detaching them, she activated the magic and they elongated into their full form.
two swords of adamantine metal appeared. magical energies surrounded both swords. Moonshadow gave off a silent hum that made creatures of evil intent uncomfortable with a mental attack.
[quote:o6bkca3r]"Zarae, look out!" Pyro shouted through his helmet as four adamantine blades lunged for the drowess.[/quote:o6bkca3r]
Moonshadow and Stealthwhisper came up in a whirling motion to knock the flying blades. the first one she had almost missed as it grazed across the top of her shoulder. the spidersilk fabric held like armor. but it made her step back and nearly miss the other three.
with the blades knock to the side she lowered her cowl over her face and vanished from sight. then a light as bright as the fiery orb of the sun went off. behind her(?). she grunted thru the stinging light. her arm moving to cover her eyes.
when she heard the show was over she slowly moved her arm and squinted her eyes to adjust again. thankfully she had been in the shadow of the hood, or the damage could have been worser.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grinned as he saw the four and than five kobolds now circle the mages and make quick work of the confused drow. He'd look to Lynx as she got next to him. "Welcome back my dear. I myself am running low on spells. I'm down to some fourth and third circle spells as well as my not as useful first and second. Hopefully this battle ends so-"

The drow's last word was cut off as the screaming sound of hot plasma pierced the sky and struck the ground wound the group, the drow jumped back abit at the un expected airial barrage, his eyes widening as he saw their opponents melting before his very eyes. "What in the nine hells was that!?"
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx opened her mouth to reply, but then it seemed the sky fell onto the ground in a swirl of blazing light. Her eyes widened as well and then she ducked, covering her head with her arms in a vain attempt to shield herself from this rising Hell.

[i:1cp1x9eu]By Auril's...[/i:1cp1x9eu] The elf muttered, sitting on her haunches. [i:1cp1x9eu]Even the Battletide is nothing next to this... [/i:1cp1x9eu]Slowly she raised her head, blinking, trying to see if the lightshow was over. [i:1cp1x9eu]Hellball?[/i:1cp1x9eu] The Ar'Tel'Quessir lowered her arms cautiously, then pushed herself to her feet, unsure, eyeing the craters in the ground, frowning, casting a wary look to the sky now. [i:1cp1x9eu]Praise the One and the Three... This thing was not aiming at us. [/i:1cp1x9eu]

For now she'd even forgotten about the wounded arm, staring up to the sky in awe, pretty much as a child would stare up at a 'magician', her lips parted slightly. Finally she snapped out of it and shook her head briskly, glancing about, to see if the battle was over already.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Theta lead, what's the area looking like?"

Onix grinned, albeit lightly, looking at the carnage that the orbital bombardment had ravaged upon enemies.

"Hawk-15, tell the [i:3otola3r]Nighthammer[/i:3otola3r] good hits," he replied to the gunship pilot.

"Copy that, Theta lead, over and out."

Onix, Pyro, and the rest of the Theta's looked about to see if there were any enemies left over after the barrage the [i:3otola3r]Nighthammer[/i:3otola3r] had sent down upon the now obliterated enemy force. They found nothing, aside from a charred skeleton here and there.

Turning about, Onix knew he was going to have some explaining on his hands, given his allies expressions at what had just occurred.

"Stalker, grab those two," he said, indicating the two drow that Zarae had subdued and tied up; "they could have some useful knowledge of this attack on us."

The sniper nodded and hauled both of the tied drow over his shoulders and proceeded to carry them over to where the Marines of Alpha platoon were.

"Pyro, Edge, Ironside, look over our enemies and see if any of their laser carbines are still in working order."

"Rodger that," came three distinct voices in Onix's helmet. With that, the three clones started looking over the dead enemy troops and salvaging any of their weaponry that could a still fire.

Onix came by Lothir as he made his way back to the marines near Ryltar and Lynx; looking at the bard, he nodded his helmet, indicating the drow that the bard had by the throat.
"He could be of use if he has any knowledge of the attack against us."

The clone continued back towards Ryltar, Lynx and the marines. When he got there,, he noticed Lynx looking up at the sky in awe, only to shake the staring gaze off. Ryltar looked to be in complete disbelief.
"[b:3otola3r]That[/b:3otola3r]," he said in an even tone, and pointing behind him to where the enemy force had once been, "was an orbital bombardment from our mothership."

He looked around at everyone, including his own squad mates, whom had just returned with a few enemy carbines. Surveying the battlefield, the clone wasn't sure about anything now, but he knew that he, his allies and his squad were still alive, so that was all that mattered.
Looking at all of his allies and the expressions, Onix sighed and took off his helmet.

"Alright, I guess this is where I explain just exactly [b:3otola3r]what[/b:3otola3r] that was and how they avoided to hit us."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:2do3e7i4]Orbital Bombardment...? [/i:2do3e7i4]The drow asked. He was familiar with both words, though clearly he was mulling over what sort of feat it would require to make such happen. he knew of Spelljammers, vehicles that reportebly could cross the stars,a dn even attack from the air. But from space? And with such destructive capabilities. Nothing in the books he had read had ever mentioned any sort of device capable of the sort of destruction he had just witnessed. He'd shake his head a moment before looking to Lynx, noticing her injury. [i:2do3e7i4]You're hurt..[/i:2do3e7i4] He said quietly before he'd take out some bandages and salves. He'd then grasp her wrist and pull her closer to him gently, applying the healing ointments and some bandages, mumuring. [i:2do3e7i4]It seems our friends here possess some technology that even gnoems would be envious of.[/i:2do3e7i4]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard shoves the scout ahead of him, as Onix begins to explain, and motions one of the others to tie up the captive, as he left his rope somewhere back on th battlefield. He pauses for a moment, and turns the scout to face him, speaking briefly in drowish.

<<The Maiden offers a place in the lands Above, for those who seek it. Come live in peace beneath the moon and stars, where trees an... Oh, Hells, never mind- you probably wouldn't understand, anyway...>> He finishes, and suddenly thumps the scout hard on the temple with his sword hilt to knock him out. Then he turns and strides over to Onix, waving the weapon he picked up earlier.

"Maybe when this is over I'll be in more of a mood to deliver her message, but right now I'm just too damn pissed!" he spits, looking around at the carnage. A whispered prayer falls almost silently from his lips, before he turns to Onix. "I've seen what an arquebus can do, and even full cannon, but this? This is beyond anything I've ever imagined..." He shakes his head, looking hopefully to the clone for an explaination. It is clear that a deep rage is simmering within him, as evidenced by his erratic behavior in the last few minutes during the battle.

OOC: Wow, I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about that nasty little spell he used! (Bonefiddle- one of the FEW spells on the bard list that is actually considered evil!! This is his "I'm in way over my head and really just need to kill something brutally" spell. Rarely used, for obvious reasons...