A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix noted with a smirk as Ryltar's walking bone piles made short work of a small fire-team of enemies that had attempted to sneak up on them from the left.

Seeing the ghostly aberration soar from the drow's fingers, Onix barked into his comm; "Alpha marines, hit the dirt!!"
The platoon of friendlies ducked their heads down right as the Phantasmal Killer passed over them and straight for the first enemy marine that was there. The soldier had come face to face with Leechers in his lifetime, but seeing the ghostly killer spell, sent him into a panic, paralyzing him with fear. A round from Stalker's railgun permanently put him into fear, though, this fear was of the afterlife.

Lynx's Confusion spell at first seemed to hardly have an effect on the enemy troops, they were so focused on the group. Then Onix got an idea.
"Edge, Ironside, light 'em up!"

Within seconds, 402 shells screamed toward the enemies within Lynx's spell, followed by what seemed to be a continuous column of liquid fire from Ironside's weapon, which was accompanied by a continuous roaring noise.
[youtube:1ho1hedx]UvvQRIxXGzA[/youtube:1ho1hedx] ((yeah I'm a visual person, lol :P ))

The hand-held gatling gun sowed chaos amongst the once focused troops, and then Lynx's spell had it's desired effect. The once proud troops, with their complete calm grasp of the situation, deteriorated under the psychological effects of Ironside's weapon and Lynx's Confusion spell. Within seconds, they began to fire upon each other much to Onix's surprise.

Onix now counted about an even number between bad guys and friendlies, at least from the original enemy force. For once he actually smiled under his helmet.

"Sir, are becoming distracted?" came Pyro's cheerful voice over the com in his helmet.
"Stow it," he retorted then launched grenade into the confused enemy formation.

Stalker saw Zarae take down one of the drow mages perfectly from the shadows; "and Pyro is attracted to her. . . he better watch himself," the sniper snickered to himself.
It was when Lynx portaled in right behind another drow mage and back-stabbed him that Stalker felt he needed to even the odds again.
Aiming for a dark elf warrior that was sneaking up on Lynx, Stalker squeezed the trigger on his railgun, and watched as his shot tore the fighter to pieces. "After all, who can survive a hypersonic projectile to the chest?" he asked himself.

However it was movement off in the far off distance that something caught his eye. Raising his sniper scope to zoom in on the target, Stalker suddenly felt his spine go to ice.
"Uh, sir, you're not gonna like this," he said to Onix over the comlink.
((OOC: I'll explain what Onix sees, after everyone posts again))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Welcome to the thread.

IC: The bard turns at the sound of a voice, his sabers instinctively coming up in a defensive stance. "Who are you?" He asks warily, and steps back. He hears the cursing in drowish from above, then sees the gargoyle drop one of the enemy soldiers. "I am going to assume you're on our side, if that thing belongs to you?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((so the sneaking group were drow or earthlings? im confused. then i might should edit my responses, since we are supose to 'give the lady's message' before killing.))

the blade was like a katana thru a pig ((why say knife thru butter?)). but the rogue was already moving again unseen. she appeared, a blade moving. this one was quicker and began to move as he became aware of another. the blade bit deep into the muscle down to the humerous (upper arm bone im trying to spell).
he grunted in pain as his weapon came up for a hit on her. she nimbly side-stepped while drawing a dagger for each hand- she had been trained well in [i:1cgsh6ct]Draa Velve[/i:1cgsh6ct]. she kept her movements precise and herself out of range, dancing in and out. his move was wide and she took advantage quick coming in low and up into the abdomen. back flipping out of the way of the final swing she watched as he fell to the ground clutching his stomach and attempting to pull out the blade.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin looked up at the gargoyle then sighed, "Unfortunately. . . yes."

Grisnaw swooped at a group of Drow, forcing them to drop.

Drakin turned back to the Drow he was talking to, "I am Drakin."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar watched proudly as Lynx dove through the the dimension door and skillfully killed the enemy who had been targetting her with a strike through the neck. Seeing the numbers evening the drow would send the eight undead warriors to begin striking at more armed foes. As he did so, he'd take a tanglefoot bag from his pouch and would incant the worlds to a spell before tossing it at a group where a mass of writhing black tentalces of darkness would surround some soldiers and paralyze them with their touch as well as cause them harm.

Following this, he'd take out some string and bat wings, burning the components as he recited the word to a Dark Bolt spell, sending a barrage of shadowy beams at some enemies to burn them with necrotic energy as well as dazing them.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx gripped the piece of charcoal in her hand, blinking as the approaching warrior was killed by a precise shot. The elf peeked up, glancing the direction of the shot and blew a kiss to the sniper, then hid behind the dead caster again.

Then she brought her foot up, pressing it against the corpse's back and kicking it forward to disengage from the unfortunate mage, after this crushed the charcoal between her fingers, murmuring the spell softly and vanishing from the sight as the [i:27r205z4]Improved Invisibility[/i:27r205z4] cloaked her.

Rose up then and looked around quickly, for a moment watching the friendly fire between the enemy troops, pleased with the outcome of her spell. The Ar'Tel'Quessir noticed a mutilated caster and Lothir not too far from him, her lips quirked slightly, though there was no time for commenting, and she looked away, leaving the drow bard to speak with the newcomer.

Her eyes locked upon the enemies and she took out two more pieces of metal wire. A few arcane words spoken, and two more [i:27r205z4]Chain lightnings[/i:27r205z4] hit group of foes, the concealment was broken and she became visible again, though her frame was blurred now, almost see through.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow nods to him politely. "The rest of the introductions can wait until later, abbil," he says, as he whirls aside to avoid a shot from one of the enemies. "It seems there are still some arses that need a boot up them!" He grins, and gives Drakin a mock salute as he races off to rejoin the fray.

Looking around, he sees that everything appears to be well in hand, but he spots a few of the commandos from earlier who are still pinned down by fire from the attackers. With a wicked gleam in his eyes, he slips up behind them, hiding behind a clump of tall bushes, and tosses a rope right behind them, then murmurs a few words in a sing-song chant, causing the rope to slither around their feet like a snake, then swiftly pull tight and coil around them, sending shots wide as the five alien soldiers all fall as their feet are yanked from under them.

He takes advantage of the distraction, and quickly sets them all alight with fairie-fire, further panicking the now confused troops. While they are busy fumbling to get the ropes off, Onix's friends quickly pick them off with some return fire, looking grimly satisfied as they take their vengeance.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((The group sneaking up on Onix, Pyro, Ryltar were a group of about five enemy soldiers, whom were ambushed by the 8 undead that Ryltar summoned; the marines on Onix's side are pinned down under fire about 25 meters in front of Onix, PYro and Ryltar. I think I should do a better job describing the battle scene :( :-[ :bored: ))

Stalker saw Lynx blow him a kiss and responded by bringing a gloved finger to face plate,and under a split -second, tapped it once, then again where his eyes were, and then brought his finger under the two 'eyes' and made a wide U, :D which to the clones, was the closest thing to actually telling non-clone that they were happy, a 'synthetic smiley', as it was referred to.

He wasn't surprised when a hailstorm of laser fire danced out at Lynx as she cloaked herself. Sighting up an enemy, Stalker counted his heartbeats, and when its rhythm paused, he squeezed the trigger. His railgun fired, discharging its hollowed out round, and blasting out at 1750 meters per second. The projectile impacted, the energy behind it taking the soldier's head clean off.
Not taking his eye off the scope, Stalker pumped the rifle and fired again, hitting a enemy in the shoulder and leaving his bloody mark on the soil.

Looking to Zarae, the sniper noted three black-clad scouts, two flanking the drowess; thinking that he could take down the one coming up right in front of her, Stalker decided the better of it, and let her know where the other two were, well one when he was done. Sighting up one of the enemies, he fired, dropping one of them before they took another step.
"There, that should now let her know," he muttered to himself, keeping a close eye on Lynx also, but not to worried about her as her odd lighting spell ravaged the remaining enemies targeting her, easily taking out seven enemies with both bolts.

Onix watched with utter amazement as Ryltar's dark energies tore into three enemy goons, sending them spinning to the ground in seconds.
However, it was the sight of several dozen missiles of magical energy that roared in along with a fireball ((Issac's Greater Missile Storm and Fireball)) and blasted about half of his undead to pieces. Looking to the source, Onix spotted the three or four more drow mages coming across the battlefield, and worse, seeming to be targeting Onix and them first, but so close to the friendly marines.
"Sir, we've got incoming!" Pyro shouted through his helmet, pointing to where the skeletons had been blasted. Onix cursed under his breath as at least five enemies came in and blasted the skelelys with blasts of super-heated energy.
Looking to Ryltar, Onix shouted "Take down the stupid, blasted wizards!!" He pointed to the four drow spell-casters.

"Pyro, with me!!" the clone roared to Pyro as he brought one of the enemy soldiers into his targeting optics, and opened up with his M92. The HMG roared in full-auto as shells were ejected from the weapon and clanged to the ground in synchronized order as Pyro's weapon joined in the automatic fire.

Both Edge and Ironside had to smirk as the odd, over-sized imp-looking creature hauled up one enemies and dropped him to very bad-ending death. It was when Stalker shouted something to the squad-leader that Ironside looked over to where the enemies had came in. His jaw dropped as he saw an army marching toward them off in the distance.

The heavy weapons clone zoomed in using his in-helmet binoculars, and made out that this army wasn't made up of the enemies that the Thetas were now fighting; no, they were natives of the planet, though Ironside did make out orcs, odd-gray dwarves, goblins and more of the dark-skinned elves that they were also fighting. He didn't even want to know the numbers behind that approaching force.
"Uhh Edge, look at that."

The green-clad clone raised his helmet; "holy shit; how many do you even think that is?"

"If I had to guess, I'd say between 3000 and 5000 enemy natives that are about half a kilometer to a kilometer out, but are approaching fast," Ironside replied in a not-to-certain tone.

"ETA?" Edge asked.

"I'd say a minute, maybe two."

Edge looked to Lothir and Drakin;"Lothir? How much time do you or you," pointing to Drakin," think we have before [b:3luc8vyu]that[/b:3luc8vyu] is upon us?" He pointed out toward the approaching army.
Last edited by veraka on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((an army with [i:3os2vfmn]enemies [/i:3os2vfmn]working together?))

the rogue did not enjoy taking a life. she would defend herself and had no problems with the ridding of true (evil things) monsters; she even enjoyed the fight in of it self. but there was just something about the act of killing another soul. but reality and pragmatism made her move on quick.
She was about to join up with the others when she sensed more approaching. Vanishing from sight, she heard the shot ring out and take down another. in the distance was the sound of hundreds of feet, some barely detectable and so subtle.
'thats not good,' she said to herself as she was moving twords the two cloaked figures. activating her house emblem, a shield of magical protective energies went around her. all the meanwhile, a small vial was taken from her pouch. coating a blade with the famous sleep poison, she moved to a favorable spot.
the two split going separate directions. the one furthest she threw the blade into his arm, missing any vital areas. as they fell asleep, his partner was on alert looking for her.
it was then a blade was under his throat with the drowess holding it. He could smell the poison as he just stood there.
"who sent you?" her voice hard and threatening.

(if its a drow then she will speak in that tongue, and sound like a priestress.)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Veraka, don't worry, L was helping out those pinned Marines. I figured SOMEONE had to! I am curious how they got the natives in on this, though...

IC: The bard looks where Onix points, and his jaw drops. "Where in the Nine Hells did THEY come from?!" he asks, and curses vehemently in drowish. "Xsa'us illythiiri zatoaten!" he snarls, ignoring the irony of his words. "Siffat orb'tsossin gol'iblith srow!"

Then he hears the sound of the fireball and missiles whizzing in. Onix shouts to Ryltar, and he turns to the drow mage. "Let us work together to defeat these spell-hurling scoundrels, abbil," he says to Ryltar, and quickly casts an invisibility spell on himself as he races off toward the group of wizards.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Yup, they're after Theta squad and the marines. Also, waiting on Luexena and Ryltar before posting anything more significant))

The drow warrior gave a maniacal laugh to Zarae; "Who sent us; my dear, [b:sz8ncld8]that[/b:sz8ncld8] is too simple; the same ruling Matrons who give us all of our commands. Do you honestly think that these aliens can stand the might of a multitude of houses against them?"
He didn't need to answer with anything else, knowing that the rogue would understand his words plain enough.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar scowled a bit as Lynx blew a kiss to the sniper. He grumbled a bit and survery the battlefield slowly, his crimson orbs gazing at the three his magics had felled, cheering the drow up a bit. This was short lived however as a barrage of magic missiles and a fireball felled half the undead army the drow has summoned, much to his annoyance.

Noticing the casters were drow caused his lips to curl up into a defiant smirk. Spider kissers, he thought. Quickly he'd advance towards the group, directing the remainders of his servants to pool in front of him. Then chanting a word he'd unsheathe the longsword at his belt, chanting fell words as he dug the tip of the blade into the earth in front of him. Much like before the earth would pulse and then crack as another four skeletal warriors would rise from it to bring the numbers of his small army back to eight strong.

The warriors would then rush out towards the mages as the drow himself took out a metal wire and would weave the object into the design of a lightning bolt style which he'd heave at the coming mages. The metal object in midair would come alive into an actual lightning bolt, heading towards the mages. At the same time, he'd pulled a block of ice from his pouch. Chanting the block would seem to melt, though soon it would become apparent that what the block lost in width it'd make up with in length. Soon enough the former block would become a lance which the mage would launch at the mages as well. As it left his hand, the icelance spell would rocket towards them, a billowing trail of cold following in it's wake.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx missed her companion's scowl as her attention was diverted toward the approaching casters. As the two [i:3dyw0hu5]Chain Lightnings[/i:3dyw0hu5] went off, her lithe frame became visible, though still partly concealed. Quickly she reached to the pouch, taking out the proper reagents and using them, one after another, cloaking herself with a [i:3dyw0hu5]Spell mantle[/i:3dyw0hu5]. Then [i:3dyw0hu5]Displacement[/i:3dyw0hu5] followed, blurring the elf from the sight even more, her visage projecting several feet away from her, fooling the enemies.

Still hasted, Lynx picked a target - one of the casting drow mages, took out some powdered herb, tossing it into the air, murmuring something, and then hollered to him: [i:3dyw0hu5]You know this joke? Three dwarves enter a bar and one tells the other...[/i:3dyw0hu5] Her voice, barely coherent through the sounds of the fight, yet empowered by the spell, reached the drow... and suddenly the mage simply fell over, gripping at his sides, rolling on the ground and laughing madly. The elf smirked, opening yet another [i:3dyw0hu5]Dimension Door[/i:3dyw0hu5], portalling to the drow affected by the [i:3dyw0hu5]Tasha's Hideous Laughter.[/i:3dyw0hu5] The magess did not waste any time, finishing the giggling caster off, and surely this one died happy, with a smile on his lips.

Then Lynx tumbled to the side, ducking a few more lazer bolts and a fireball coming her way. Her pointed ear twitched as she heard the sound of the numerous footsteps. The girl looked around, frowning, searching for Ryltar with her eyes hastily, before tossing another pebble at the enemy warrior that was approaching her, the words of [i:3dyw0hu5]Flesh to Stone[/i:3dyw0hu5] incantation slipped off her lips with practiced ease. She had no time to watch if her spell worked or not... She rushed toward her companion, leaping over the corpses and ducking the shots, to take her place at his side.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(still speakin in the drow tongue)

the bade went tighter under his throat, but she knew not to draw blood, yet. she used her gender and dress to her advantage. the rogue was still dressed in noble's clothes, her house emblem identifying her with a top house of some city easy to see, if he hadnt been held hostage at the moment. she spoke with authority and harshness like she remembered her mother and sisters did.
"I suggest you watch your mouth before i cut out your tongue [i:26edffgc]jaluk[/i:26edffgc]. why does the pitiful houses think they can accomplish?"
she had wondered at first if they had been her hunters, but the word alien clarified somewhat. but she had hoped he would speak of which houses or which cities were involved.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Stalker had to admit, he was impressed with Lynx's methodologies of dealing with unwanted guests. Not only was she effective, she was thorough, both qualities he admired in anyone. Seeing her jump through a door, and stab one of the annoying spell-casters off in the distance. Seeing her come under fire from enemy carbines, the sniper raised his railgun, counted his heart beats and pulled the trigger.
The hypersonic slug exited the barrel, only to burrow itself into the head of a enemy soldier, and exit through the back of his skull.
It was when one warrior turned to stone completely, much like a gargoyle, that gave Stalker pause.

Onix noted with a hint of contentment as Ryltar's undead army came back in full force and began to assault the drow mages, followed by Ryltar's supercharged lighting bolt and Cone of Cold ((I think)), which both hit the drow casters, but they had a number of wards and shields up, which absorbed most of the damage.

The mages, with thier eyes locked onto Ryltar, launched Fireballs at him and put up a Blade Barrier and Wall of Fire to keep the incoming undead back.

With the mages being taken care of, Onix signaled Pyro to follow him and with that the two made off for Stalker's position, firing their M92's as they went.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix