The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Post by veraka »

Place holder for next poster.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1d0dnk7a]Psh.[/i:1d0dnk7a] The young drow grinned at Delrum's words, pulling her braid over her shoulder - a sound precaution! - though did not pause and did not turn, walking off. Then she pushed a heavy wooden door open and slipped past it into a dim corridor, gazing about curiously. Her expression remained calm and relaxed. She was constantly aware of a possible danger, yet it was not hindering her in any way.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

A sound thump to the table before him, Krom seemed quite pleased to see the welcome expression on Delrum's face. Sure, he picked out the concerned look of the paladin across the way, but human-looking the big lug, the suspicion and caution was something he'd come to expect of such folk. He gave it no response, and waved for Delrum to come over, "Honored am I, to be welcomed by the stout folk! Much have I heard of them, little have I seen. I am Krom, son of Grisov Ogrebane." It is by then the bull's ordered ale arrives, and he tries to soothe the barmaid's nerves, with a soft and polite, "Thank you." Showing himself to have manners surely unexpected of his brutal people.

He has noticed the dark elves, and he has fought with anxiety over racial prejudices of these creatures since seeing them, but it is out of respect for being the target of similar views, he has masked these feelings. Yet, the only expression he has offered them is one determined to show himself strong and unafraid, believing their fierce reputations are more founded in the panicking fear, of races weaker of limb, and more delicate of body. Perhaps some day he may learn the truth of their combat prowess, someday a Drow might receive a friendly clout on the back, or head-butt, signifying the bull's respect of a fellow Warrior among a race seeming to him, too frail.

For now, he will measure his friends by their capacity for drinking. Perhaps other things too, the big bull may seem an adult, but he is young still, according to traditions, for he is an unblooded warrior, and must prove himself without the aid of his clan, and return with deeds worth boasting about, and proof of them, before he is an adult in their eyes. Surely the company he shares now, is that of seasoned veterans, at least a few.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

Caine Grins at the departing Luexena and smirks as she leaves 'Anyone would think I couldn't be trusted!' *giggling then he pulls out a deck of cards. starting to shuffle happily, looking around the room. Smirking more as his companion wanders off to talk to the Minotaur he continues to shuffle. Noting the prim and the proper and seperating them in his mind, they would get a different approach.

Once he'd have been up and playing already, once... now he was a little more cautious. He'd been burnt once or twice in the past, he liked to pick his targets with care, to have pride but also to take the joke. Or if he found none of such in his view he would look for the most arrogant and show them no mercy. He wasn't completly reformed after all. Besides his eyes kept darting to the door eagerly, only half his mind on the task of picking a target, the other was still waiting her. They'd only parted a little ways back on the road, Caine going ahead but... he missed her already. What was Team Nutter-Elf if it only had a single member?
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:2bft2cj7]Oi. Make no mistake, even though ye see little o' us, what Clangeddin didn't giv' us in height, he put into our bellies and hearts! It's why we drin' har' and fight ferociously! We be enjoying our blessin's.[/i:2bft2cj7] He gave the minotaur a wide grin and made his way over to the counter with his collection of full tankards carried in both fists. He'd slap them all down on the bartop and would take a deep swig from one. [i:2bft2cj7]What be bringin' you 'ere anyway fella?[/i:2bft2cj7]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir watches the dwarf head over to the minotaur's table with some interest. "I sense a bout of heavy drinking about to take place. Any bets on who will fall under the table first?" He asks to no one in particular, a mischievous twinkle in his glacial blue eyes.

He notes the drow woman's signs to him, and nods, strumming a little flourish as he smiles at her. He gives her a friendly nod and toast as she leaves, then turns his attention to the peculiar elf, in particular eying the deck of cards. He studies the expert way he shuffles the deck, a slight smirk on his lips as he realizes the elf is trolling for a mark. "Hmm," he muses. "Anyone up for a game of cards?" he says it oh-so-casually, as if the idea has just struck. He turns to Veraka and Onix, hiding his devilish grin and wink from the other elf.

"I've never been much for cards," Vala syas with a slight frown. "It just doesn't make much sense to me- wagering one's hard-earned coin on a turn of luck... " She shrugs, but says nothing about his look.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix returns the Palax's silent toast with nod of his own, his own way of saying thanks.

"I'm always up for a good game," Onix says, his demeanor suddenly taking on that of a friendly, everyday neighbor.

Veraka gives him an inquisitive stare, but shrugs his shoulders at the clone and shrugs his shoulders.
"Sometimes my friend, I wonder about you," the aasimar remarks to his alien friend.

"Bah, you're the one to speak, paladin. At least I know a good game when I see one," Onix retorts with a grin; "though if this is some fancy game that isn't like poker in the slightest, I'm out already."

Veraka just shook his head at the clone and let him do as he wished.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The drowess wandered down the corridor, peeking behind the various doors along the way until she found what she was looking for - a secluded room she slipped in and closed the door behind herself.

There she quickly removed her cloak, tugged her heavy boots and leather vest off, stripping those dusty road clothes, then took out a simple lavender colored gown out of her bag, halting for a moment as she heard somebody walking past the door. She stood like that, naked with the dress pressed to her chest, feeling the smooth cool silk against her skin. Then as the sound of footsteps faded, she pulled the dress on, lacing it carefully.

Luexena stuffed her clothes into a little magic pouch she attached to her belt, then took out a wooden brush, upbraiding her tresses and combing them quickly. After it she braided two locks right above her pointed ears, using those thin braids to wrap around her long silvery mane to keep it from getting in the way. Only after this she walked out of the room, bare-footed.

Yet her excursion was far from over. She turned around the corner and walked to the end of the corridor, pushing the door open, and to her surprise, found herself outside the inn, by an entrance to a beautiful garden. The water of the fountain was sparkling, the air was fresh and filled with the odour of flowers. The young woman grinned, delighted, walking down the stairs to step onto the pebble-covered path, enjoying the feel of those little rocks beneath her bare soles. Her exploration continued.
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

A grin crosses Caine's face at the remarks. 'Thats cos playing for coin is silly, Coin comes and goes...well more goes' Shaking his head, with a warm smile crossing his features at that, ''but that might just be me lass. Annyyway if ya wanna play games da Jesters Hand' He continues to shuffle gesturing to the table.

This was a silly game he played, obvious in many ways, but a good way to gauge a person. Simply put there was no game as Jesters Hand, Caine making up the rules as he went along, as it suited his mood. His desire not to get smacked over the head when someone realised this, was why he kept the stakes to simple Knick-Knacks, something a person would not truely mind losing.

Once he'd tricked a Paladin for example out of simple Beer Stein, and made it a gift to Rae, one she still proudly carried. The point to Caine through was not to win vast hordes of wealth, it was to see if he could pull the wool over a persons eyes long enough to win something. The game was already in play.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow pauses, a thoughtful frown on his face. "Not familiar with that one, sirrah. In fact, the only game I know from here is three-dragon ante. How about a game of Eight-Legs? There are three of us here who know that one. Of course, if you're not interested, I"ll understand..." He shrugs, and turns back to the others winking at his two companions with a sly grin.

Vala giggles softly, and glances over at the stranger. "He's right of course- my brother and I have never heard of it either. But then, we're all from another world, so that's not really surprising. I'd prefer to stick to games I know, if you don't mind?" She smiles at him in a friendly manner, and waves for him to join the table.

Palax groans at the mention of the game. "Does it HAVE to be Eight-Legs? I've never liked that name. Couldn't you call it something else?"

The bard snickers. "Well, what do you expect? It was created by a bunch of spider-kissers, after all..."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix puts an armored gauntlet up to his head and sighs, but in a friendly manner.
"Alright, so [b:w7m3z4u5]non[/b:w7m3z4u5] of you know Poker or one of my favorite past-times, Texas Hold'em, do ya?"
((just in case any of the new guys don't know, Onix isn't from Forgotten Realms; he's from the Milky Way; yeah I know, our galaxy, but just saying))

Veraka looked at Onix, a silvery brow raised on his forehead; "Texas Hold'em; what's that supposed to be, a blasted throwing game?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Poker?" the bard asks with a puzzled look. "You mean like a hearth poker? Or is this something best played behind closed doors?" He raises one white brow, giving Onix a dubious look. "I'd have never guess you to be that type, my friend..."

Then he laughs. "I jest, of course. Though I've never heard of this Texas Hold-Em, I do know Poker- I understand it's quite popular among the soldiers of Almin back home. Must be a military thing. Never had the opportunity to learn it, though. " He shrugs.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks at the bard with the best 'Are-you-shitting-me?' look his half-elven face could give and shakes his head.

"Lothir; it is most fortunate that you are [b:31ddedsc]not[/b:31ddedsc] among my fellow squad-mates, because, if you were, you'd most likely would have ended up on the floor with a very swelled-up eye just for that comment," the clone snickers.

"No, my bardic friend; I'm not the type; I'm better as who I am now than anything else; also Lothir, Poker where I come from is quite the way to spend ones time among friends; especially where there's a crazy, effervescent moon elf wandering about," Onix directs the last part of his sentence at the nutty elf who's obviously not afraid of a little open-minded thinking.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

in the back of the garden she stood there, her dark hand rubbing down (brushing) the steeds neck. all that could be seen was the deep crimson piwafwi cloaking her frame. He neighed softly enjoying the brush. his silvery tail swatted a pesky fly. the hair contrasted with his midnight black fur. his legs had 4 white socks (color markings). when his head turned enough, a crescent shape white blotch was upon his forehead. to those sensitive to magical energies would see a powerful aura around that spot. and odd thing for what appeared to be a horse.
the rogue finished and put her brush away as she heard a door behind her open and the lightest steps, barely audible to even her hearing, stepped out. Zarae noted this with interest, yet caution.
she had been on the surface less than a year, and many a times she had been run off from some of the towns; all because of her skin color. but the drowess was determined to continue, to survive, no do more than survive, to live in the Light Above.
her hand went to the mithril chain under her piwafwi to the sword pendents. breathing out she internally debated whether to pull back her hood or remain as she was.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena seemed to be unaware of someone else's presence, simply enjoying her time outside. She was uncovered and unarmed right now, draped in that simple flowing gown and a thin silver chain around her slender neck. She stood upon the path, loving the soft breeze playing with her long hair and the folds of her dress, the thin silk bristling quietly.

She enjoyed this time alone. Back at the enclave she never had enough time for herself as many things were burdening her and many people sought her attention. So this moment of true serenity was perfect. She grinned, glancing about slyly, and then made a graceful pirouette before stopping, the folds of her gown wrapping around her legs in the wake of her movement.

Then her lavender eyes closed for a bit as she focused, [i:2x4s97ej]Sending[/i:2x4s97ej] a thought back to Deepingdale they left behind, trying to reach someone particular [i:2x4s97ej]Dear friend, I trust everything is well with you. We're well, waiting for Rae, having a break. Soon will be at the Temple.[/i:2x4s97ej] The message was sent and her eyes fluttered open again. She stood motionless longer, waiting for a reply, but nothing happened, which tore a quiet sigh off her lips.

Finally the drow glanced to the sky and smiled. [i:2x4s97ej]I have my full trust in you, my Lady[/i:2x4s97ej] - she thought.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.