On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I cannot possibly know," he said. "But I know this...the day you [i:2l5hqhqh]stop[/i:2l5hqhqh] worrying about that will be the day that I will help you meet Bahamut. I say this not as a threat, but as a friend.

"In the meantime...your mother awaits your response. She needs you."
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

With Lyon and Frad bickering (and occasionally scuffling) over the correct method of dealing with vampires, Frad making several points about the inelegance of the recent attempt and Lyon taking the position that since it worked he couldn't really be faulted, Pwdn had skipped camp and gone to look for something. She encountered the occasional example of hungry wildlife, but managed to dissuade them from any kind of attack. It was a while before she found what she needed, in the ruins of a watchtower not all that far from camp. The place was barely a foundation now, there was no telling how long it had stood, or when it had been torn down, or by whom. Sifting about through the ruins she eventually found a small cache of suitable materials, maybe an old tithe chest or who knows what but there were some silver spoons, a green leatherbound spellbook with very little written in it and several small gems.

When she returned to the camp, the spellbook balanced on her head with a knack she'd carried over from her time as an acrobat and used during her second time learning to walk, she was carrying something rather special. Walking first to Veraka, she placed a hand on his shoulder. When his mother had first appeared she had been sure he would have a lot to say, and to her deep shame she was still far to weak to intervene in any way should he lose temper and would more than likely just get in the way, thus she had taken her leave.

[b:2mqhy7w3]"If my berserker taint is the reason that my father is dead, then how many more will die as a result of its power?"[/b:2mqhy7w3] Placing a hand on Veraka's shoulder as she drew close enough, Pwdn tugged slightly to help him stand. "None at all, and what's more you will eventually learn to yoke its' strength without falling prey to its' madness. You'll crush it with the weight of your conviction and bring it to heel where it belongs."

She wanted to try and convince him that it wasn't his fault, but that wasn't true per se, maybe it had been due to him as he'd said but then again that didn't matter so much in this case. "I. . . .I never knew your father of course but you did and so what would he tell you now if he saw you blaming yourself for something so much bigger than you, him, or your mother? What did he say when you were tired, angry, and wanted to turn back?"

She ceased tugging on him, what remained of her strength ebbing into fatigue, and stepped back to let him rise. "It's more simple than you think, you know. Down below the guilt and the conflict, it's only one question. Are you going to be beaten by all this, or are you going to brand the pain into your heart and take courage from it as you always have?" She gave him a knowing smile at this, taking a rather low shot to get him moving. "Besides, you still have a wife-to-be waiting for you back by the campfire, and she doesn't seem the patient type."

Lyon, having threatened to feed Frad to the horses, was now admiring the blade he'd been gifted and cleaning it properly now that the battle was over. It was an unfamiliar weight, he'd been used to a heavier blade and while this was much easier he'd need to adapt to the change. He was tracing a finger along the blade, wondering what the solar was going to ask him about when she came to talk to him. He hoped Veraka was going to be okay, and he was worried that Frad was plotting something insidious since he was nowhere to be seen.

Frad, digging for truffles, was thinking about the previous battle and trying not to. He seemed to be static, normally he ran rings about the others but it seemed more and more like he was the only one not learning, changing and growing from this adventure. Shaking his head and grunting, he forced this away by imagining what all the females of the group looked like naked instead. Frad was not one for sentimentality when he could help it.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( Back now on the farm in Sask with my sister and parents and hillbilly cusions... yahoo the beach and sunshine awaits me ))

Cinder listened carefully and her heart was full of love for Adain, his wisdom and support for his good friend was not a surprise however.
" You know i am here for you too Verake " she said sitting by the fire stroking the coals. hopful that he would embrace his mothers affections.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(technically im standing and looking over the valley...lol but i can be shivering)

Zarae's hand still held the dagger as the approached. she listened to their footsteps, the lightness of their walk. she wasnt sure if she was having some nightmare, but she was imagining they had found her again, had killed everyone and now was taking her. but a presence of the celestial was felt and the rogue slightly relaxed. she wanted to be sure it was no trick. then she came closer and Zarae slowly turned, still wrapped in her maroon piwafwi, dagger clutched beneath it.
Zarae's eyes changed color to a more violet as she was barely able to hide her surprise. in her periphial she saw the others down at camp (not too far). Frad the dwarf making way twords her searching for something in the snow, his demoner different than usual. she would have asked what he was up too had not this being before her been addressing her.
she nodded to the answer between shivers. "yes, Zarae Zyne of no House anymore."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked up to Adian, and nodded to him. The aasimar's resolve was slowly returning. It was Pwdn's presence and comment that solidified that resolve.

[color=indigo:jo3u6i6i]"I. . . .I never knew your father of course but you did and so what would he tell you now if he saw you blaming yourself for something so much bigger than you, him, or your mother? What did he say when you were tired, angry, and wanted to turn back?"[/color:jo3u6i6i]

Veraka looked up to the Illmaterian cleric, and had to admit, Pwdn had a point.
"He would always use an analogy of the storms that thrashed across the sky when talking to me and trying to lift my spirits. He would always say "Veraka; do you know why it rains when there is a storm? It is because nature, like you, does not know what to do with its sorrow and grief that is built up from all of the races of Faerun. So, nature releases its sorrow and grief two ways at once. One is that it rains, shedding her sorrow in the form of ever falling tears of pure water, and two is that when you see the great bolts of light arc across the sky, that is nature reminding us that there are powers far greater than our own at work here."

"That is what he used to tell me, that and a small song that I remember he used to sing to me when I was in pain or just outright terrified." [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxNDo-PsGbw:jo3u6i6i]Hero[/url:jo3u6i6i]
The aasimar finished as he got up and raised himself up to his full-height.
"Thank you, Pwdn and Adian; sometimes I forget that there are friends here to help; and yes I believe that you're right Pwdn, Neriah's patience is even at the best of times, temperamental, and I wouldn't want her to worry."

"Worry!!?" came a sharp feminine voice from behind the aasimar.
Veraka slowly turned around to see his fey'ri lover leaning against a tree, with her arms crossed and a stern, not-so-happy expression on her face. Her wings were opened up fully and her tail twitched with anxiety.
"I see my love take a pounding from a balor demon, nearly get roasted alive by the demons fires, plus take a mental blast of pain from the demon, which apparently, is my ancestor, and now I'm hearing him contemplating something that I never thought I'd hear from him in my lifetime," she exclaimed to Veraka, stomping over to him, her red-eyes glowing; "You're damn right I'm worried about you, dos waele fa'la zatoast," she snapped at him, her fiery temper at it's peak, as she balled fist and slammed it into his armored chest, then burying her head in his arms that wrapped around her.

However, Veraka accepted the callous remark with a smile, knowing that beneath that iron-hard, fiery-steamed expression on Neriah's face, her heart was aching to hear him speaking like he was.
"Yes, Veraka; I can understand how you feel about your existence causing your father's death; but do you honestly think that you wallowing in self-pity and shame is going to solve anything. Besides how can you be like this when you're going to very soon follow in his footsteps?" She asked him, wondering how her aasimar lover would take the news that Sanisa had already announced earlier.

Sanisa smiled at Zarae, casting Entropic Shield over the young drow to shield her from the chilling elements.
"Zarae of no house, hmm? How sad; I am sorry to hear that. How is it you came to the surface, ; or perhaps, I should . . . . " the celestial woman's voice trailed off as she overheard a now-awakened Neriah conversing with her son. Looking over at Veraka, she couldn't help but start to laugh, his expression to funny.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Swaying slightly as she approached the romancing couple, Pwdn touched Neriah on the shoulder, and held out something for them both to see. Two rings, smoothly curved silver bands each studded with small, mismatched gems across one side. "I think, before we were interrupted, you had just agreed to something I suggested?" She had found the materials for them in the ruins she'd discovered, and the manner of he acquisition was fairly obvious since she'd forgotten that she still had the spell-book balanced on her head. She'd forgotten about it in the heat of the moment, having had somehting far more important to think about than a balancing trick that had become rote for her. "There's no time like the present after all, and the sky is quite beautiful at the moment." Indeed, the daylight was almost dark in of itself, and the polar lights were dancing in the sky like a shimmering magical veil around the world. It was nothing if not a romantic setting.

Lyon was suddenly struck by a thought, and he wandered over to Aurora to ask her about it. "Hey, can I ask you something? It's sort of to do with Veraka, but mainly just to do with me, and being curious. I'd ask Veraka or Pwdn myself but they're busy and so I hoped you could help. I was thinking about. . . well daydreaming if I'm honest about being all knightly and heroic and riding to the rescue of beautiful maidens on a pearl-white steed which is when I realised that as a Paladin I'm really supposed to have one of those. Does Veraka have anything like that do you know, and just how am I supposed to find one?"

Frad had just discovered another truffle when he saw the rather-difficult-to-miss solar moving and recognised Zarae next to her. Now there was a looker, and no mistake. Wandering over now that he'd garnered marginal success and hiding his rare, special finds in his pack, he moved steadily closer to eventually scramble up the slope to stand beside her. "Hey, ya left all yer berries behind when ya up and left before." He offered her a fruitgum thing he'd tried to make from them, it made the berries last a while longer than usual but it was rather bitter for that, even so it was much better that freezing. "Ya never said much about what it were all about, you vanishin' like ya did. Hope it all went well for ya, whatever it was."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae looked away. her eyes shifted again to a more indigo color. there was still some pain in her memories of that day. the lost of her first friend, that wasnt her twin brother. she wasnt sure how to start. the attack on the city she didnt know much about. they had been forced to evacuate to the surface.
during this Tahllian had gotten seperated from her. she tried to go back, tried to find him, but the forced her to move on, the rumbling of war hitting the rebel house.
Zarae start to respond when a welcome relief of the dwarf came over and the celestial turned to focus on the warrior.
she smiled to him, "i thought yall might need them more."
Looking back down into the land she shrugged at the last statement a chill went over her as she couldnt really wrap the piwafwi any tighter.
"it was unfinished business. one that will not stop until I am back in Lloth's claws laying across the altar my beating heart in Mae'Vir's hands," she replied, some anger, some sadness in her voice, tho barely noticable.

Moonlight made his way over twords Zarae and the two. his nose also searching for things below the snow.

((lyon could take zazzt horse- argo i think. he's not being ridden again as of yet))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Frad grinned at this, Zarae was in need of a distraction and that was one thing he was good at. He took a moment to compose himself and throw the snare out with just the right inflection to get him swatted. "Well, I gotta say if I had hold o' yer heart I'd prob'ly be layin' ya out over an 'altar' of sorts pretty regular like." He said it so that it sounded more like a casual critique before what he'd just said had registered. "Can't blame 'em fer makin' th' effort."

He made ready to duck any incoming blow, hoping that another snowball fight would cheer her up.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i hope i got what he ment right...))

Zarae was unsure for a second at his statement. then narrowed her eyes in fake anger. she knew he was waiting for snow, for that was what she did earlier. no she had a funner idea. she vanished (hide in plain sight) and appeared behind him with a ball of snow in his face and down the back of his shirt. and within seconds stepped back out of range and infront of him again, a slight mischievous smirk on her obsidian face yet with an 'i dunno' look.
the distraction was good and her mood lightened, evidence shown in her eyes changing back to violet.
"what?" she asked in feigned innocence; the celestial being prolly watching.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

"Well, that's a nice trick, but yer forgettin' that I don't need ta see ya ta do somethin' like. . . this?" Frad chuckled and drew his axe, holding it by the blade-end and slamming the butt of it into the ground underneath him. For a moment there seemed to be no effect then suddenly the ice and slow beneath them came loose and threw Frad and Zarae both off their feet to slide down the hill and keep their balance as best they could. Upon reaching a stop, and before even shaking himself off, Frad threw a snowball at her to catch her right on the neck and trickle ice-cold down her back as it melted. "Gotta keep an eye on yer surroundins' lass, ya never know what some dashin'ly han'some an' rather witty an' entertaining lad will do. Jus' fer example, I mean."

He threw another snowball, this was where it paid to be a dwarf. What was difficult terrain for an elf, the soft snow swallowing her legs as she walked, was partial cover for Frad. He just stood on the spot and pelted her, snickering all the while.

((Just realised I have to pick someone up in 8 hours, so I have to get some sleep!))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora looked up to Lyon and realized, sort of, what he was asking. [i:fvc51cb5]Well, that depends; if your looking for a mount that will impress your dear Lady Pwdn over near my little brother, then I would have to suggest a stallion war-mount, maybe even a celestial mount; though if you're going with a mount from the heavens, I would talk to Veraka's mother about acquiring one of those. Does that answer your question, Lyon?[/i:fvc51cb5]

The celestial was one who did not take well to the idea of one such as Zarae to be handed to the demon-goddess, Lolth; "Zarae; if on any day, this Mae'Vir were to get a hold of you, merely send up a prayer to the Dark Maiden asking for me, and I would be there with an army of celestials. You have proven yourself to my son, and he sees you as a dear friend, so I will do the same as him." Sanisa finished the statement with a conviction that only a extra-planar being could muster.
Sanisa was all too aware of the dwarf's little funny jests, and raised a slender eyebrow at Zarae, then turned it to Frad, shaking her head.

Neriah was fuming still at her aasimar husband-to-be, when she felt Pwdn's tap on her shoulder; Turning around to face the cleric, the fey'ri gasped at what she saw extended toward her and her lover.
"Lady Pwdn; I . . I don't know what to say," she said stunned as she looked over the gifts from Pwdn.

Veraka had to shake his head to wipe the expression of utter surprise off, especially after the news that Neriah just gave him.
Seeing what Pwdn had presented to him and Neriah made him give a geniune smile. To him, such a gift was of great honor and deserved praise.
"Thank you, Lady Pwdn. Perhaps one day, I will be able to return the favor," he said, wrapping his arms tight around Neriah, who was still in shock at the gifts herself.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the drowess nodded to the celestrial then smiled at her face. they must not goof off much up there she thought.

Zarae slid down, tho her elven dexartity kept her from looking like a fool, too much. the snow was cold, but she had other tricks. she was drow after all.
"I'll let u know when i meet them then," she jested calling back to Frad.
then dropped a globe of darkness over him aiming green faerie fire covered snowballs at him. she started laughing, unable to hold it in anylonger.
"you should join in," the rogue called to Sanisa, "you look like you could use some fun."
a ball of green (faerie fire) snow was balled up ready to be tossed at her also.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Hearing that there might be a wedding Cinder desided to go and find the winter plum tree she had seen wile collecting wood. She went to Adain and put her arms around his waist and told him were she was going, and if he wanted to jion her if he had time, that would be fun. " It will not take long the tree is not far " and she wistled to Meldrinus to come over.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Hearing that there might be a wedding Cinder desided to go and find the winter plum tree she had seen wile collecting wood. She went to Adain and put her arms around his waist and told him were she was going, and if he wanted to jion her if he had time, that would be fun. " It will not take long the tree is not far " she she said then wistled to Meldrinus to come over.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Oh I should, should I?" the solar asked, looking over her shoulder, her golden orbs flashing. With the grace of an elf, the solar jumped side-ways, going low, grabbing a snowball with one hand and letting it fly with incridible speed and accuracy at Zarae.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix