Its a weird world

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

BP's reaction to the Deepwater Horizon Spill

[youtube:1ua1o792]2AAa0gd7ClM[/youtube:1ua1o792]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Some good laughs.

But the comment of the previous video about not teaching climate science in class because its scary to the children... BP throwing away the issue of cleaning their mess up...

*shakes head in disgust*
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

This is just...disturbing...weird too :uh-huh:

Cannibal cellmate ate lung out of curiosity[/size:20gpwbu4]

France's "Hannibal Lecter" says a sexual urge drove him to kill his cellmate and "curiosity" about the taste of human flesh led him to cook and eat a lung he ripped out of the corpse.

Nicolas Cocaign, whose case has sparked comparisons with the fictional cannibalistic serial killer, gave a blow-by-blow account of how and why he killed Thierry Baudry at his murder trial in the northern city of Rouen.

He said he flew into an "uncontrollable" rage after his victim gave him a "dirty look" on January 2, 2007 after he ordered him to wash his hands after using the toilet in the tiny cell they shared with a third inmate in Rouen.

"I had a sexual urge, an adrenaline rush," Cocaign, whose bearded face is tattooed with bloody tears and a skull, told the court on the third day of a trial whose verdict was due Thursday local time.

He said that after pummelling his victim, he took a pair of scissors and plunged it into his back, neck and chest a dozen times before holding a plastic bag over his head "for five minutes" to make sure he was dead.

Then he decided to eat Baudry's heart for his evening meal.

"I take a razor blade and I open his chest. I plunge my hand in and I take out what I think is the heart but which in fact is a piece of lung, which I put into a Tupperware container," he told a transfixed courtroom.

Cocaign, who was in jail for armed robbery and was awaiting trial for attempted rape at the time, said he proceeded to eat part of the lung raw before frying the rest with onions on a camping stove and dining on the dish.

"I did it out of curiosity to see what it was like to eat human flesh," said Cocaign, whose trial has put France's troubled and overcrowded prison system under fresh scrutiny.

Baudry was in jail for sexual assault at the time of his death. The third cellmate was probed over Baudry's death but cleared of any wrong-doing. He later committed suicide.

The court heard testimony from psychologist Lucien Venon, who read out a report he wrote after interviewing the accused in June 2007.

"What is terrible is that it [the lung] was good," Cocaign told him, according to his testimony. "It has the taste of venison. It is tender. What I did I liked doing."

Cocaign told the court on Monday he had a long history of mental problems and the murder might have been avoided if prison authorities had not ignored his repeated appeals for psychological help.

"No one was listening to me," the detainee said. "I took action, and then they took me seriously."

Cocaign, whose victim's mutilated body was not discovered by prison warders until the day after his death, stressed his troubled background and mental instability in his testimony.

He was abandoned by his 21-year-old homeless mother and cared for by the state until he was adopted aged three. From the age of six he was already under the care of a psychologist.

Reports from his childhood suggest he had difficulty telling right from wrong and his mental difficulties worsened when he was allegedly raped, aged 13. After this he developed "violent sexual compulsions."

He was convicted of drug possession at age 22 and was later hospitalised on several occasions with mental illness. He complained to the court that he was not given drug treatment after release, despite asking for it.

Mental health experts have been asked to testify as to whether Cocaign was sufficiently sane to be responsible for his acts.

With one of the highest suicide rates in Europe, French prisons are regularly criticised by the European Court of Human Rights for failing to provide basic needs.

The Rouen court heard findings from a report into a string of "failures" at the jail in the city where Cocaign was behind bars at the time of the killing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 935418.htm
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

This is why I don't pick jail duty as a career. :? :uh-huh: :eek:
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

it was only a matter of time....

Thieves strip police station, take kitchen sink[/size:3cb4ypyd]

Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:44pm AEST

Thieves have robbed a newly renovated police station in South Africa, stealing everything including the kitchen sink.

Officers from the police station in Carletonville, west of Johannesburg, had moved into a smaller building so their station could be renovated, but thieves stripped the unguarded facility bare when the renovations were almost complete, the opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) said Friday.

"It's a very bizarre situation," DA police spokeswoman Dianne Kohler Barnard said.

"We have a police station being robbed of everything. Stripped. It's more than robbed. It's absolutely gutted."

She said the thieves had stolen toilets, cupboards, windows, doors and even the kitchen sink.

Ms Barnard blamed the ministry of public works, which was in charge of the renovations, for failing to secure the property.

The ministry's spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

Police declined to comment.

- AFP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 937814.htm

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[b:2t7ap4vh]12-Year Old Boy Saves His Sister from Moose Attack Using World of Warcraft Skills[/size:2t7ap4vh][/b:2t7ap4vh]

[color=red:2t7ap4vh]Playing games is certainly not a good way to waste your time, especially if you became addictive and play a few hours per day or more. However, if it is done the right way, playing games can be very useful.

Studies have already proven that playing some video games can increase concentration and improve some brain skills. But it would be hard to believe that gaming experience can save you life once you get in trouble in nature.

This little 12-year old boy from Norway has probably earned excuse to play World of Warcraft for the rest of his life. 12-year old Hans Jorgen Olsen and his sister were walking in the wood near his home when they stumbled upon an angry moose which obviously didn’t welcome the ‘intruders’ and headed towards his sister. He suddenly remembered some skills he learned while playing WOW so he decided to ‘taunt’ the animal.

After animal was provoked by him and headed in his direction he used another skill from WOW, feigning the death. Moose approached him and believed that he is dead and suddenly lost an interest for hurting him. After moose left, they managed to get back home safely.[/color:2t7ap4vh]

http://incredibleworld.net/2010/06/12-y ... ft-skills/

seems that getting kids to play CRPG's actually can be useful after all ;)

Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Woah... O.o
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Vampires really suck :p

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[color=darkblue:34cylevh]
Edward Cullen, Total Loser, and the Other Worst Movie Characters of All Time[/size:34cylevh]

There are flawed movie characters. One-dimensional movie characters. Incomprehensible movie characters.

But every once and a while you get a hero so soulless, heartless and expressionless that you can't help but write him off. A guy you want to punch more than hug, who you heckle in hopes that he fails.

Edward Cullen is such a mess. He groans and fawns and broods and sighs, with the same dumb expression on his face, rendering him a pretty slight heartthrob. He delivers his lines in the same montone, jagged fashion, rendering him a pretty timid orator. And he continuously gets his butt kicked in fights, making him a less than awe-inspiring vampire.

As written in these scripts, and as portrayed by Robert Pattinson, he's a pretty worthless creation. But he's not alone in the great annals of cinema; here are nine other characters that are almost as pathetic.[/color:34cylevh]

http://techland.com/2010/06/30/edward-c ... -all-time/
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Well that is just another reason why I will NEVER have anything to do with that appalling set of books or films.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

I'm sorry, Edward Cullen doesn't need a list: he IS one.

However, I am sad that Jar-Jar is not only on the list, but the first one. :'( I love him and think he's awesome.

Then again, I have the taste of a rock and don't know good talent from bad talent, so whatever. :P
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Taste, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder ;)

If you liked Jar-Jar then good on you :))

I think you could spot good from bad talent though :p

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[quote:2pck9buv]Taste, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder [/quote:2pck9buv]

*chuckles* Am I the only one who thinks of the big one eyed monster every time I hear that quote?

[img:2pck9buv]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... sketch.png[/img:2pck9buv]

Courtesy of Wikipedia. ;)
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Everytime. Regardless of whether it's someone trying to be polite or the metallica song.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Jobsworths

Post by Kiaransalyn »

A jobsworth is someone who does the basic job and doesn't do any more, as in "It's more than my job's worth to do that."

Here is a classic example:

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ha ... 0:3jg8r3nz]Hampshire workmen paint white lines around dead badger[/url:3jg8r3nz]
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Teens arrested over monkey theft[/size:r7prhgkn]

Two teenagers have been arrested after eight monkeys were stolen from a park in Sydney's south in May.

Four cotton top tamarins and four pygmy marmoset monkeys were taken from the Helensburgh Park.

Two days later seven monkeys were discovered in suburban parklands and at a veterinary clinic at Auburn, but the fourth tamarin is still missing.

A 17-year-old was arrested but released after he was cautioned yesterday.

An 18-year-old man from Baulkam Hills was charged with theft.

He is due to appear before Parramatta Local Court next month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 955156.htm

:roll:

young people today.... :roll: