Inriiaynrae Jaelre

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inriiaynrae Jaelre

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Name: Inriiaynrae Jaelre - usually goes by Inriia
Class: rogue; sorceress; dragon disciple
Alignment: CN
Origin: Minauthkeep, Cormanthor; House of Jaelre.
Deity: raised in Vhaeraun's faith and currently curious about Eilistraee
Description- a young, simple rugged beauty, athletic/slender build- not all shapely but almost boyish.
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 110 lb?
Skin: Ebony
Eyes: Crimson
Hair: Knee length wavy bluish silver
Dress: jet black spidersilk shirt with long loose sleaves; jet black form fit pants; black leather knee high buckled boots; piwafwi; long fingerless black leather buckled gloves (of dexterity); mithril House Jaelre ring; metallic green ring (posion and elemental immunity); small silver earring hoops(comprehend language); black leather belt with ruby (true seeing) studded clasp and scabbard; pouch of holding and spell component pouch; hidden daggers; a velvet-like leather spidersilk half mask not often used;

Weapons:
[list:1cwjm4v3]Shadowblade- adamantine +5 keen blade that when it makes a fatal wound, turns the dying into a shadow essence and then they vanish. known to cut through most anything.
Dancing Shiv- Magic dagger of silver, mithril and adamantine (+3 Dex, + 2 Str, +1 Con, +5 vs. Traps, +5 Attack)
Serpent Sting- hand/wrist crossbow (3d8 poison damage). unlimited bolts
Firecracker- whip (2d6 fire damage)
throwing knives[/list:u:1cwjm4v3]

Personality- it is easy to see, Inriiaynrae while young, is an independent, easygoing and carefree spirit; yet easily bored, and full of energy (think ADHD); she can be stubborn and strong-willed; sometimes moody or a bit emotional like the typical teenager with a fiery temper when angered. she enjoys having fun, adventuring and getting into things that could lead to trouble. she always comes off as a bit insane or crazy, and totally random. she can be serious and will get the task done should the need require.
there is a major psychologically traumatic event in her life that still haunts her emotionally and mentally, as much as the physical scar left behind that she has hidden well (a scar the runs from beneath her left clavicle to her sternum).
she wont admit it, but she enjoys traveling with companions, and doesnt like being alone. she wants to have a close friend, maybe a relationship one day.

Familiar: Zarstra (lizard- think iguana sized)
Str 8 Dex 15 Con 10 Int 15 Wis 12 Chr 9; Hit points: 34; Initiative +2 (dex); Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.; AC: 18 (+2 size, +2 dex, +4 level); bite +4 melee, bite 1d4; tail slap 1d4; Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +11, Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +13, Listen +4, Spot +4 Alertness feat when in arm's reach; improved evasion; share spells; empathic link; deliver touch spells; speak with master; speak with reptiles;

Languages: Drow, drow silent; undercommon; common; elven; dwarven; draconic; goblin; orc;

History: Inriia was born and raised on the surface to the house of Jaelre in the Cormanthor abandoned elven fort Minauthkeep in the faith of Vhaeraun. She became the 'niece' of Jezz the Lame, leader of House Jaelre after orphaned when she was less than a year old; unknownst to her, her mother was a secret daughter of the leader of Jaelre. He claimed her upon discerning her natural innate magic.
There she was trained in the ways of the Masked Lord and skills any rogue would need. She also had an innate magical ability (sorceress). Other events that would have a major psychological effect would happen to her while living in Minauthkeep, including an assault that drastically effected her in several ways. Later it was learned that she had some draconic bloodline in her history; her father's side of the family came from those of Jaezred Chaulssin. Thus she learned and began to harness those powers. But Inriia was also an independent and free spirit who loved to adventure. One fateful day she was brung into contact with a follower of Eilistraee. during a small adventure with her, she met an undercover follower of the Dark Maiden disguised as a Nightshadow.
She had never been a religious person and thus not very active in Vhaeraun's path. she wonders and questions these beliefs and is interested in the Dark Maiden, as she seams closer to her heart. but fear has stopped her from going much further. as she tells people, it not that she doesnt follow the Masked Lord, its that she follows her own path in life.

[color=cyan:1cwjm4v3]
Skills are based on a level 15 character[/color:1cwjm4v3]
[i:1cwjm4v3]Special [/i:1cwjm4v3]feats: Arcane Preparation; Daylight Adaptation; Spellcasting Prodigy (Charisma); Highborn Drow; Blind-fight; Two-Weapon Fighting/defense; Spell Penetration; Eschew Material;

Spells:
[list:1cwjm4v3]Drow: detect good, detect magic, levitate; Dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire;
Jaelre House Ring: Read Magic; Dispell Magic; Mage Armor; Featherfall;comprehend languages
0: Prestidigitation; Mending; Flare; Ray of Frost; Detect Poison; Acid Splash; Resistance;
1: Burning Hands; Magic Missile; Disguise Self; Shocking Grasp; Identify; True Strike; Endure Elements; Mount
2: Acid Arrow; Web; Detect Thoughts; Scorching Ray; Pyrotechnics; Hideous Laughter; Knock; Flaming Sphere; Resist Energy
3: Flaming Sphere; Fireball; Lightning Bolt; Flame Arrow; Water Breathing; Nondetection;
4: Wall of Fire; Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser; Invisibility, Greater; Ice Storm; Dimension Door; Wall of Ice;[/list:u:1cwjm4v3]

http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feat ... _Bloodline

http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/pres ... n_Disciple

STR- 17
DEX- 18
CON- 13 (got 2 free from a Deck of Many Things)
INT- 16
WIS- 14
CHA- 20

(most are rounded)
Appraise- 3
Balance- 5
Bluff- 15
Climb- 6
Concentration- 15
Craft_1- 3
Diplomacy- 16
Disable Device- 10
Disguise- 15
Escape Artist- 10
Forgery- 5
Gather Information- 5
Heal- 1
Hide- 25
Intimidate- 13
Jump- 5
Knowledge (arcana)- 5
Knowledge (nature)- 8
Knowledge (the others)- 5
Listen- 10
Move Silently- 25
Open Lock- 10
Perform_1- 4
Ride- 5
Search- 15
Sense Motive- 5
Sleight of Hand- 10
Spot- 10
Survival- 5
Swim- 3
Tumble- 10
Use Magic Device- 10
Use Rope- 3

Rogue
[list:1cwjm4v3]Sneak Attack +2d6
Trapfinding
Evasion (level 2)
Trap Sense (level 3)
Uncanny Dodge (level 4)
Improved Uncanny Dodge (level 8 )
Special Abilities (choices begin at 10th level)
[/list:u:1cwjm4v3]
Sorcerer
[list:1cwjm4v3]Familiar / Alertness, etc.
Can know only limited numbers of spells
High charisma gains bonus spells daily[/list:u:1cwjm4v3]

Dragon Disciple ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClass ... onDisciple )
[list:1cwjm4v3]Bonus Spells
Hit dice d12
Average increase in attack bonuses
Fast increase in fortitude saves
Slow increase in reflex saves
Fast increase in will saves
Base 2 skill points per level
Natural armor increase +1 (level 1)
Ability boost (Str +2, already included), claws and bite (level 2)
Breath weapon (2d8) (level 3) ((a cloud of blackness of pure negative energy. caught, are blinded for one melee round and lose ¾ (round up) of their life energy (levels or Hit Dice); a successful saving throw vs. breath weapon reduces the loss to ½ (round up). The life energy loss persists for a variable number of turns, shown on the table above. Negative plane protection spells prevent this life energy loss. A character who is reduced to 0 or fewer levels lapses into a coma for the duration of the cloud's effect)))[/size:1cwjm4v3]
Ability boost (Str +2, already included), natural armor increase (+2) (level 4)
Blindsense 30 feet (level 5)
Ability boost (Con +2, already included) (level 6)
Breath weapon (4d8), natural armor increase (+3) (level 7)
Ability boost (Int +2, already included) (level 8 )
Wings (level 9)
Blindsense 60 feet, dragon apotheosis, breath weapon 6d8, Str +4 already included, Chr +2 already included, natural armor increase +4, low-light vision, 6- foot darkvision, immune to sleep, paralysis, energy type used by breath weapon (level 10)
[/list:u:1cwjm4v3]
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat May 07, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

story in progress: [url=viewtopic.php?p=28919#28919:3d6jy3tl]Shadow's Fire[/url:3d6jy3tl]

Picture idea. (of course, longer hair, very thin lean structure and crimson eyes)

[img:3d6jy3tl]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... rifice.jpg[/img:3d6jy3tl]

http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/pres ... n_Disciple
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

An interesting character concept you have. :)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Thanks.... :)

Does anyone know if sorcerer spells require spell components like wizards? I wouldnt think so but I wanted to be sure. I know they can be cast without 'preparation' or spellbooks...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Sorcerer spells do indeed require material components, verbal intonations, and somatic movements. However, the inborn instinct towards sorcery means you'll seldom have to have instruction to learn and channel these spells. Internalizing the arcane recipes is difficult, and you will never be as varied in spell types as a Wizard, but you'll likely be able to focus that energy more often, drawing on your reservoir to the effects that come more naturally.

Sorcerers are awesome.

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":3g6hsacu]Thanks.... :)

Does anyone know if sorcerer spells require spell components like wizards? I wouldnt think so but I wanted to be sure. I know they can be cast without 'preparation' or spellbooks...[/quote:3g6hsacu]
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

:( ... oh well...i do get to cast them multiple times right or is that a NWN thing too?
Unfortunately when playing RPG's like NWN(1 & 2) or similar ones, they never take into account for stuff like that; i tried to look it up on forgotten realms wiki and D&D wiki but it didnt say either way.
But thanks.
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Indeed, you do.

The way it works: Wizards have a certain number of complex spell formula that they can "almost" perform. This is what they mean by memorizing a spell. They nearly fulfill the spells and thus have but a word or two, or a gesture, or a tiny amount of material component required to unlock the potential of the spell. The more experienced a Wizard is, the more these formulas he can maintain for battle readiness.

Sorcerers don't hang such spells for casting. They channel raw arcane energy, with only the simplest verbal, somatic, or material components required to shape the energies that they instinctively wield.

Mechanically, you get more spells than a Wizard, but master higher level spells slower. You don't need to prepare in advance, and can use any of your spell slots to cast any spell of the appropriate level. You just channel the energy, and manipulate the components.

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":3go0k64h]:( ... oh well...i do get to cast them multiple times right or is that a NWN thing too?
Unfortunately when playing RPG's like NWN(1 & 2) or similar ones, they never take into account for stuff like that; i tried to look it up on forgotten realms wiki and D&D wiki but it didnt say either way.
But thanks.[/quote:3go0k64h]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I like her so far. She sounds interesting!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

thanks yall!

Familiar: Zarstra (lizard)
Str 8 Dex 15 Con 10 Int 15 Wis 12 Chr 10;
Hit points: 34; Initiative +2 (dex); Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.; AC: 18 (+2 size, +2 dex, +4 level); bite +4 melee, bite 1d4; tail slap 1d4; Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +11, Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +13, Listen +4, Spot +4
Alertness feat when in arm's reach; improved evasion; share spells; empathic link; deliver touch spells; speak with master; speak with reptiles;

[img:3806x2x5]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... lasses.jpg[/img:3806x2x5]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

That's the fire-throwing lizard; I'm impressed. 8)
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

it's the shades...their magical...lol
i wanted an iguana idea, so this was the best I've found.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

They're magical?! In what way :roll: this outta be rich
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

have u seen her stats... 15 INT...

oh and i found a pix of Inrii younger getting a cookie (ok not really but it works)

[img:2nivu7aq]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... 01p014.jpg[/img:2nivu7aq]
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

I love the cartoon of the young drow girl stealing the cookies Inrii :love:

Great character profile as well :)

I hope to get to meet her in an RP thread some day ^.^
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

haha...i saw it and a small situation in a current RP, i thought this was great for inrii and her love of cookies