All Quiet on the Dwarven Front Game concept.

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

All Quiet on the Dwarven Front Game concept.

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

one aspect of planescape is that Ysgard, despite being a good or upper plane, is perpetualy ravaged by war... The norse against each other... the giants against everyone else... and the gnomes and dwarves of Nidaveleir against the drow of Svartheim

My Idea is to play some of the drow of Svartheim particularly a group of young ones... through a military campaign against the Dwarves and gnomes to retake tunnels and possibly win the Drow of Svartheim lasting peace and security.(and yes a lot of mineral rich caverns, but thats a trifling detail)

It would be using either Heroes of battle or BAttle system , depends which edition I decide to go.

Im thinking they'd start off as agents, for this or that priestess... but gaining in levels they'd develop their own units, both personal followers, and a military command their assigned.

I keep flip flopping between 2nd edition and 3rd edition rules would need opinions... 2nd edition presents a much more... sophisticated planescape... 3rd edition doesnt have the Demihuman level limitations I'd have to house rule away.

this would be a pretty seriously house ruled game I make no apolgy for it.

I also know (this is to you Shirle Ellois) this may seem a BIT materialistic for Eilistraeeans but I think it would have a lot of potential if properly played through and developed.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Kirintha the Fair on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

oh... hmmn I KNOW ITS A HACK ... no one needs to tell me htat... ok NO ONE NEEDS TO TELL ME

but im thinking of using the gestal charachter rules... any thoughts?

I think I'd find the type of super complex chars you can make with that option interesting... and am in the mood for something that high powered... especialy how small the partys in most games I see tend to be...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

So, you've decided on the 3RD engine?

*blinks*
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Yes I think I am leaning HEAVILY in that direction...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

Going to remove penalties for non-human classes?
(( That level gaining even playfield modifier ))
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Term is ECL

and yes I as a general rule do remove it in drow oriented games, the alternative, just gets too cumbersome for my tastes.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

Yeah with the inherant bonus for a human character, makes sense.

Anything else?
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

well hmmn I'll be using a lot of optional rules... at the very least I plan to use most of the complete books but be sure to ask if a Prestige class or class is ok...

and I think im settled on using Gestalt char making rules keep that in mind...

also keep in mind, yoru chars living directly IN svartheim, and thus isnt a product of traditional drow society, keep that firmly in mind.

also have a char concept at least a bit martial...

Finally, Im going to bend the rules more then a little and allow LG clerics and favored souls of eilistraee. mostly as a tribute to 2nd edition.