A Hag's Last Pot (split to OOC)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

A Hag's Last Pot (split to OOC)

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

OOC: Oh hay there instant kill with one hit so that Elwyn and Lothir and Nyssa can barely fight at all.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Gareth Ravenmantle":1dklpw7j]OOC: Oh hay there instant kill with one hit so that Elwyn and Lothir and Nyssa can barely fight at all.[/quote:1dklpw7j]

Moderator comment, only the target is permitted to post results.

Those running NPCs decide on damage to those as well as thir PCs involved in the game.
No one user has the right to declare success of an attack on another's player's character (PC or NPC). It is also expected the attacked explain how they managed to avoid attack or took less damage, for fair play the explanation should also be somewhat believable.

This intrusion like others into RP will be deleted in a few days.

Play fair, in FF each player acts some as DM and some as PC/NPC, the goal is to have fun for all. One declaring to be a hero does not appear to be fair when no other can do much at all. Combat IS the hardest part of RP.

Before or after I delete this post I do advise that a discussion be stated in OOC about combat issues and wys to deal with such. There of course also is the home page that points to the guide on how one should strive to RP.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

OOC: Dear Moderator, Gareth wasn't trying t play for us, he's complaining because Dorl is so strong that he kills all of the monsters barely giving the rest of us a chance at glorious killing of stuff. :D
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="NyssaRilynana":lgvxiont]OOC: Dear Moderator, Gareth wasn't trying t play for us, he's complaining because Dorl is so strong that he kills all of the monsters barely giving the rest of us a chance at glorious killing of stuff. :D[/quote:lgvxiont]

Yes I know, that is an issue of unfair level play. Also something that is not fun for all players. Play fair be about the same level is what should be sought for any RP.

I really have resisted entering the IC play though have seen things in a few that really needed to be fixed, IMO, or at least adjusted.

I will repeat the goal is for all of the players to have fun.
This of course can mean failure from time to time, no one can win all the time (unless hunting Normal man that never had more then 4 hit points), but also successes from all of the party involved - Not just the Hero.

This like the other tends to belong to OOC.

Hmm, perhaps I can test my power to split (if it exists).
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There not perfect, however removed some OOC.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

:-[ I'm sorry... I'm afraid i don't quite understand the rules i guess....
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Bergeth'fryn":1juju0x6]:-[ I'm sorry... I'm afraid i don't quite understand the rules i guess....[/quote:1juju0x6]

Try reading this viewtopic.php?t=110