The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

Zzadrina smiled very softly, and let him kiss her for just a moment, before squirming away and just calmly resting her head on his chest. After Khalud had been killed, Zzadrina had vowed never to fall in love with someone again. But after 30 years, she had begun to get lonely, and pondered the last words he had given her: [i:22hetjpw]" I want you to be happy, che. And I do not want you to worry about me, I will be safe and content where I am going. The only true thing I want for you to learn after I am gone is how to love again. I know it will be hard, but I do not doubt your skill."[/i:22hetjpw] Becoming friends with Elenwe had filled much of the void Khalud had left, but it had not been enough. She smiled into Lothirs chest.

[i:22hetjpw]' He's right, and it's only taken me thirty years to realize it.'[/i:22hetjpw] Zzadrina chuckled softly, and felt a question emanate from Lothir. She looked up at him.
[color=darkblue:22hetjpw]" Oh, it's nothing. Just thinking."[/color:22hetjpw] She smiled gently at the drow male, and began to fiddle with a few strands of his white hair that had fallen across his face.
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

From her secure viewing spot, T'risstree watched Zzadrina squirm away when Lothir started to kiss her neck. She arched one of her fine eyebrows in curiousity.

So she still isn't happy at letting her guard down eh?

T'risstree suspected that Zzadrina had not let the memory of her last lover go and watching the way she reacted seemed to confirm her assumptions. That girl needs to let go and Lothir needs to go slower.

She inwardly sighed as she didn't really want to get mixed up in this sort of thing.

It always got messy when it came to mismatched lovers.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir wondered what she was thinking, but didn't press. He had secrets of his own that were still painful, so the brief look of sadness that crossed over her wasn't surprising. After all, if had been over five years, and still the loss of Ravyn hadn't eased. And the twins. Whose were they? Aldan's? Or.... He sighed again, resigned to the fact that he would never know. She had taken that secret to her grave, and he hadn't been in Arvandor long enough to ask.

"Funny how things happen sometimes. I left home not knowing anything of what the world was like, and you've spent most of your life here. And here we are."

He fidgets with he hair a bit, a wistful look on his face. "The last time I saw hair this beautiful, it was on a goddess," he says softly, staring into her eyes.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I grimmced as I scrubbed and scrubbed the soot and grime away from the plate armour.

Already I'd gone through two buckets of water and a scrubbing brush and I'd only just done the breastplate and back. There were still all the greaves, leg and arm braces plus shoulder plates to do.

I wasn't sure if I'd be finished on time to take T'risstree out for our ride and picnic lunch. That would be a real let down for her but I have to make sure my arms and equipment are maintained. I don't have a squire so it's all down to me.

I scrubbed harder and faster.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Drina smirked slightly.
" Then she must use a bunch of soap and attack her hair with a comb." He let out a little laugh and she laughed with him before lowering her head to his chest again.
" Yours is pretty nice too." She grinned and closed her eyes, her contentment and the warmth of the day making her feel a little lethargic.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He smiled at her little joke, and made a raspberry noise.

"No, really. It was the first time I saw the Dark Maiden. I found a fissure in the cavern wall that led to some unexplored tunnels, and one went to the surface. It came out as a hole in some rocks under the roots of a big tree. It was in a forest, in the middle of the night. It was the first time I'd ever been to the surface, or seen trees or the moon.

There were vines growing everywhere with white flowers on them, and rosebushes and ferns. I heard a sound, and looked up. There was a big white owl sitting in a tree, and it flew down to a stump and sat there watching me. So I tried to get closer, and it lifted one foot and hooted, like it was telling me to come over. So I did, and I got close enough to touch it before it flapped back up and started to circle.

It flew off, and I followed it, and then it started to rain- just light rain, a little soft thunder. But it was so strange and new, and I loved it. The smells, the sounds. By the time the owl landed, it stopped raining and the moon came out again, and there was this clearing, and she was there, just- dancing. And singing. The most beautiful thing I'd ever seen or heard. And she knew I was there, and didn't stop. I knew who she was at first sight- kind of hard to mistake that kind of power- and it made me feel warm and happy.

I was so enchanted I didn't realize that I'd walked right into the clearing and was just standing there like an idiot. I don't know why, but I fell to my knees and started to cry, like a lost child. Maybe I was. Then she came close, bent down, and kissed my head and told me not to be afraid, because I wasn't alone anymore. Then she just sort of- faded away. But I still remember how it felt.

Ever since, I've known I was one of her children. I mean, in spirit. Seeing her dancing naked under the moon, all I wanted was to feel that same kind of joy and freedom. It's why I chose this path. What about you? Why did you choose her?"

He closed his eyes for a moment, remembering that night, and wondered if Zzadrina felt that came call. He stroked her arm, content to enjoy the moment- until a soft gurgling sound interrupted the peace. He gave her an embarressed grin

"I think it might be time to eat. Maybe Tal had the right idea about a picnic, what do you think? A nice little lunch here in the garden?"

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

She listend to Lothirs story of his first sighting of the goddess with a fond but melnacholy relfective smile on her pretty dark face.

Eilistraee had appeared to her only when her first friend and adoptive mother was near death. It was a bittersweet memory. The ache of the loss of the old human woman who had cared for her welled up inside her as she thought of Shanilaths transformed beautiful youthful face once she had begun the final dance. The saddness was tempered by feelings hope, relief and elation because the goddess had come down in in her tender mercy, had taken Shanilath with her, sparing her from a sad painful death and eternal torment lingering in the wall of lost souls in Kelemvors realm. Shanilath was in Eilistraee's realm now, able to spend eternity in peace and happiness.

T'risstree felt a silent tear fall away and briefly smiled to herself as she watched the tiny drop land on the the petal of a white carnation. It's shone and sparkled in the morning light as it lay there on the delicate petal of the flower. Carnations were Shanilaths favourite and her ramshackle little wooden shack had many types and colours growing around it. In the spring, the place was bathed in a sweet delicate perfume from the blossoming flowers and became a riot of colour. T'risstree had to choke back a welling sob as she looked at the white flower.

[i:27osjkz8]Hush my lovely girl, I'm am always with you[/i:27osjkz8]

She looked around in amazement as she heard Shanilaths haunting voice on the whisper of the wind.

I miss you mother she thought as she looked up into the sky.
no reply came back yet she felt a sensation of loving and comfort wash over her. Her melancholy passed away leaving her feeling at peace.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Zzadrina smiled as she listened to Lothir speak of Eilistraee, messing with the shiny buttons on his vest as he spoke. At the mention of a picnic, she brightened.
[color=darkblue:1y5auza4]" Well, why don't we get set up first, then I'll tell you."[/color:1y5auza4] She leaned over to kiss his cheek then stood.
[color=darkblue:1y5auza4]" I'll get the wine and the blanket, and why don't you see what you can scrounge up from the kitchen?"[/color:1y5auza4] She winked down at the drow male, before darting off back into the inn and plying some fine Tehthyrian Red Wine and Strawberry wine from Stan.
--My friend and I
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

From my vantage point out the back of the kitchen, I could see Zzadrina making her way back to the Inn.

I wonder what she has been upto?

I waved and called out to her.

[b:2y1nn6ec][color=orange:2y1nn6ec]"Hey Zzadrina, have you seen T'risstree anywhere recently?"[/color:2y1nn6ec][/b:2y1nn6ec]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He picked up his vest, and tossed it back on. Luckily, grass didn't show on green, so it was fine. He trotted to the kitchen, where he asked the harried cook for some bread, cheese, and a small chunk of ham and roast. He tossed in a few deviled eggs and some fruits to go with it, then found a small basket to carry it in, along with some torts for dessert.

On the way back, he heard Talwyn call to Zzadrina, and waved.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Zzadrina, whose hands and mouth were currently holding wine and a blanket, shook her head at Talwyn.
[color=darkblue:z94umvdm]" Shrorry!"[/color:z94umvdm] She mumbled behind a mouthful of white blanket before darting outside.
[color=darkblue:z94umvdm]" Ah, good. You're out here too."[/color:z94umvdm] Drina set the blanket and two wine bottles down, tugged affectionately on a strand of Lothirs hair, and began to spread out the throw onto the ground, humming as she did.
--My friend and I
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree heard Talwyn call out to Zzadrina, pulling her out of her reverie.

So he's looking for me eh? she thought to herself with a smile.

She snuck past Lothir and Zzadrina who were busy setting up thier little picnic. She cast a quick glance over what they were having and made some mental notes as to what to get from the kitchens for her picnic.

Without making a sound or even leaving a hint of her presence, she glided steathily past the couple and creeped her way over to the back enterance of the Kitchens. She saw Talwyn standing there, looking grubby and covered in soot and soap suds as he continued to scrub at the various pieces of his armor.He sat down on his little stool and picked up another dirty piece and started to scrub at it hard.

She snuck up easily behind him as he was totally pre-occupied and placed her hands over his eyes while whispering in his ear,
[color=indigo:dgi31prw]
"Its a good thing for you, sweet oblivious man, that I'm not a mean drow otherwise you'd be dead."[/color:dgi31prw] Then I kissed his neck nibbling and gently biting him.
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looked down at the blanket, then frowned. "Don't want to ruin that..." he muttered, then whispered a few arcane words, with a quick pass of one hand over it. The blanket suddenly turned dark blue, and he began to set out the basket, ignoring the odd look from Zzadrina at the use of a silly cantrip.

"What sort of fruit do you prefer? I got apples, some strawberries, and a couple of those big yellow things- don't know what you call them, but we called them plantains back home. Oh, and there's some creme for the berries- my favorite." He grins, and opens up the small pot of creme to dab a bit on her nose.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Lothir waved cheerily to me as he quickly dashed past after going into the kitchen to get some food. I tried to call out to him but he looked a bit busy so I didn't bother.

Then I saw Zzadrina stumble past, she had her hands and mouth full of things like a white blanket and bottles of wine.

By Torm they're odd things these drow women, I thought as I her her mumble sorry that she hadn't seen T'riss because she had a blanket in her teeth. Why didn't she just put all those items in a bag rather than carry it like she was? Crazy!

I almost called out to her and was going to ask why she hadn't thought of using a bag to carry all that stuff but I stopped and realised she'd just give me a look and keep going.

I sat back down again on my stool and picked up and plate and started scrubbing again.

Then I felt a pair of soft hand suddenly close over my eyes and a sultry amused voice whisper in my ear,
[color=indigo:3m2i1s6b][i:3m2i1s6b]"Its a good thing for you, sweet oblivious man, that I'm not a mean drow otherwise you'd be dead."[/i:3m2i1s6b][/color:3m2i1s6b]

I didn't jump but I was surpirsed and startled. Then I started to squirm away because T'riss was kissing my neck down near my right shoulder and I'm a bit ticklish there. She hung on, nibbling and kissing me as I tried to get away. I dropped my brush, a piece of armour and kicked over on of the soapy water buckets as I grabbed her hands and twisted away from her.

[b:3m2i1s6b][color=orange:3m2i1s6b]"Gack! Stop T'riss...please stop,"[/color:3m2i1s6b][/b:3m2i1s6b] I laughed as I managed to break free from her tickle kiss assault.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree giggled and let him go.

[color=indigo:x4mpljsd]"So the mighty son of Torm begs for surrender hmm? Not so mighty now are you hmm? Oh how disapointed Torm must be that a mere drow girl can reduce his champion to a squirming wriggling worm pleading for mercy by just a simple kiss on the neck! I know your weakness ussta ssinjin mrannd'ssinss wiu and I'm not afraid to exploit it,"[/color:x4mpljsd] she said with a sly grin and then poked out her tongue out at him.

He shook his head with a scowl and rolled his eyes at me.

[color=indigo:x4mpljsd]"Aww don't be a grumpy bum ussta ssinjin mrannd'ssinss wiu, I'm just playing with you and what's the harm in that hmm? Anyway, are we ready to go out yet?"[/color:x4mpljsd] she asked him sweetly, batting her eyes at him with a coquettish sexy pose, dropping one knee slightly inwards and pushing out her hips to one side.

[color=orange:x4mpljsd][b:x4mpljsd]"I haven't finished cleaning my armor T'riss and you made me kick the bucket over. I have to finish cleaning my armor before I'm ready to go,"[/b:x4mpljsd][/color:x4mpljsd] he mumbled with a degree of frustration as he looked down at the rest of his dirty plate mail.

[color=indigo:x4mpljsd]"You haven't finished yet? But I want to go out on our picnic. You promised me you'd take me out riding and we'd have a romantic picnic together. Can't you leave it till we get back?"[/color:x4mpljsd] she asked dismayed and wonderingly with a disapointed pout of her sensual dark lips.

Why couldn't he just leave this mess till later? she thought to herself.
clicky2cme