Its a weird world

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Its a weird world

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I thought I'd set this thread up for those news articles which when you read them make you go :uh-huh:

Here is the first one:

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific ... m:29mcie0j]Hero in underpants tackles a 'roo [/size:29mcie0j][/url:29mcie0j]

A man in Australia suffered scratched buttocks and shredded underpants wrestling with a kangaroo after it smashed through his bedroom window.

Beat Ettlin, his wife and daughter cowered beneath their blankets as it jumped on their bed.

But it then bounded into the room of the Ettlins' young son, who screamed, and Mr Ettlin was forced to act.

Mr Ettlin struggled to get the hopping marsupial into a headlock and drag it to the front door.

Shoved outside, wounded, it disappeared into a nearby reserve outside Canberra.

Inside, the animal - which Mr Ettlin said was about his own height, 5 ft 9 in (175cm) - had gouged holes in the furniture and smeared blood over the walls as it bounced around the house.

"I just kept holding the covers over my head and felt the kangaroo jumping on top of us," recalled Mr Ettlin's wife, Verity Beman.

She described her husband as "a hero: a hero in Bonds undies" - referring to a brand of underwear popular in Australia.

Mr Ettlin, who is 42 and originally from Switzerland, described himself as a lucky man.

"My initial thought when I was half awake was, 'it's a lunatic ninja coming through the window'," he said.

Kangaroos are common around the outskirts of Canberra, but only rarely invade homes, experts say.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

OMG

<(o,O)>
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... m:1viosqx7]For sale: nagging wife, very high maintenance[/size:1viosqx7][/url:1viosqx7]

A British man fed up with his wife's complaints has advertised her for sale - and received a number of offers.

"Nagging Wife. No Tax, No MOT (ministry of transport test). Very high maintenance - some rust," wrote Gary Bates, 38, in a small ad in British classifieds magazine Trade-It, more usually used to buy and sell cars or household goods.

Mr Bates, a self-employed builder from Gloucestershire, south-west England, snapped after his wife Donna got on his nerves while she was watching television and decided to place the ad as a joke.

"She was nagging me for doing something small, while she was watching some rubbish on TV," he said.

"So I just thought I'd put an ad in to get rid of her.

"I didn't think anyone would ring up, but I've had at least nine or 10 people calling about her. It's gone mad.

"There was no-one I knew - just people asking, 'Is she still available?'"

The couple only married last year, and Mr Bates said his 40-year-old wife - whom he advertised in the magazine's Free to Collect section, along with some of his fishing tackle - initially gave him "a bit of an ear-bashing".

But he said: "She's seen the funny side of it now though."
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

:eek:

[url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... l:13b2gm72]Horse bites off man's testicle[/size:13b2gm72][/url:13b2gm72]

AN Indonesian villager had to be rushed to hospital after a horse bit off one of his testicles during a freak attack.

The 35-year-old man was unloading sand from a horse-drawn cart at a construction site in Sulawesi earlier this week when the attack occurred, Indonesia's state-run news agency Antara reported.

A witness said the animal suddenly lunged at the man, sinking its teeth into his crotch.

Shocked bystanders loaded the man into a car to take him to hospital, before one noticed a piece of flesh on the pavement.

“Luckily the horse did not chew up or swallow his testicle, but spit it onto the pavement,” the bystander was quoted as saying.

“So I picked it up and brought it to the doctor at the hospital where the victim was being treated.”

It was not know whether doctors attempted to sew it back on.

The 70-year-old owner of the horse, Budi, said the animal was trained but sometimes turned wild, and had bitten in the past.

I guess the horse want to nibble on the fella's "wild oats" ;) :p

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

this is just too funny :lol:

[b:k3x8ti6g]Name shame causes Cock shrinkage but Wang is on the rise[/size:k3x8ti6g][/b:k3x8ti6g]

THEY are some of the oldest British surnames, passed down from generation to generation for hundreds of years. But over the past century or so, they have gone into a catastrophic decline.

Is it migration? Death? Disease? Some socio-demographic calamity that has befallen these families? Perhaps not. A list of the names reveals that their fall in popularity may have a more prosaic cause.

Cock, Daft, Death, Smellie, not to mention Gotobed, Shufflebottom and Jelly: they are all surnames that would have caused their owners considerable embarrassment over the years. A new analysis of British surnames reveals how names with rude overtones have seen the sharpest decline over the past 120 years as their owners have changed them to something more innocuous.

A comparison of the 2008 population - using data from a variety of sources - with the first census in 1881 shows that the number of Cocks has shrunk by 75 per cent, while the number of people called Balls or Daft has fallen by more than 50 per cent.

David Hey, author of Family Names and Family History, said that ridiculous names were often more harmless than they appeared. "`Bottom' names were from farms at the bottom of a valley. In the Middle Ages `daft' meant meek. It was a perfectly acceptable name."

The analysis, which was conducted by Professor Richard Webber, visiting professor of geography at King's College London, with Experian, the information services company, and Geowise, a provider of geographical analysis software, also reveals fascinating details about patterns of migration.

The fastest-growing surname in Britain is Zhang, which has grown from 123 in 1996 to 5804 in 2008. It is followed by four other Chinese names - Wang, Yang, Huang and Lin; only after that do a couple of African names get a look in, Moyo and Dube.

Some things have not changed, however. In 1881 the most popular surnames were, in order, Smith, Jones, Williams, Brown, Taylor, Davies, Wilson, Evans and Thomas; those top nine names are still in the exactly the same order of popularity today.

Where people live has also remained remarkably constant - for hundreds of years. People whose names end in -thorpe, -ing or -by are more likely to have descended from invaders such as the Vikings, Danes or Angles, according to Professor Webber, and are still to be found concentrated on the east coast of Britain.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html

hahahahaha :p

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Ok this isn't a new item per se but a promo of a new Anime series

friends...

I present ...

Cat Shit One![/size:22ejoae8]

[youtube:22ejoae8]Gr4QBZfjtqs[/youtube:22ejoae8]

It's not what you think...hey its japanese anime, of course it's not what you think!

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

i havint had emougth booze and weed to deal with that! :uh-huh:
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

There's something deeply disturbing about watching cute, plush animals shoot each other in a serious war situation.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. Where do I sign?
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

[youtube:3aydhurc]1LWQB7jgF7I[/youtube:3aydhurc]

-You overconfidence is your weaknes.
-Your faith in your friends is yours.
-I have faith in your mamma.

o,O
Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

Post by Le Seigneur Noir »

Rohh not available ! :'(
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

:?

Somehow this article made me think of a lolthian drow matron mother...

[url=http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... l:2npoqsdw]Black widow woman who drugged, raped ten men[/size:2npoqsdw][/url:2npoqsdw]

A YOUNG Russian woman, a devoted collector of horror films and spiders, is on trial for sedating and raping 10 men.
The police were shocked that 32-year-old Valeria K., a quiet good-looking woman from the city of Tambov, was the mysterious rapist who abused 10 local men after poisoning them with clonidine, Life.ru reports.

Valeria, who has already been nicknamed the Black Widow for her love of spiders, would get acquainted with men and invite them to her place.

She gave them drinks with clonidine, which almost immediately sent them to sleep for almost 24 hours.

After that, she undressed her victims and raped them, tightening a rope on their male organs to keep them erect.

Waking up in hospital with clonidine poisoning and penis trauma, all the victims could remember was a friendly brunette who gave them drinks.

Finally, local police identified the offender and arrested her.

At present, the police know about ten of Valeria’s victims, although one of them refused to file a complaint against her.

“It was great,” the unnamed man said.

“I like hot women. I only wish she hadn't use the clonidine on me.”

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... m:1cj5dt47]Cherry ripe: Drunk badger passes out in street[/size:1cj5dt47][/url:1cj5dt47]

A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said.

A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road - only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.

Police discovered the nocturnal beast had eaten cherries from a nearby tree which had turned to alcohol and given the badger diarrhoea.

Having failed to scare the animal away, officers eventually chased it from the road with a broom.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

LOL
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

This is just too funny :lol:

[youtube:n44app9w]UxJLUZWPEb8[/youtube:n44app9w]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme