Geographical Queries

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Geographical Queries

Post by DoesItMatterWho »

Are there any maps to show where the glade is in comparrison to other places in Forgotten Realms?

How about a description of the surrounding areas, and what might occur to someone who just happens upon the glade. Unlikely, I know, but it could happen.

I just want to know how far Nimesa would have had to travel to get here, and what she should expect to see when she arrives.
Always remember - you can't have manslaughter without laughter.
DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

*bump*
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Which Glade?
Which Edition, as maps hve changed somewhat?

In general a Glade can exists within a somewhat wooded area, so that distance and travel time (which are not the same thing) varies greatly.
DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

I am new to this website.

I do not know where any of the sites we roleplay with are in terms of Forgotten Realms geography.

I need to know what parts of the world they are in, so I can react accordingly to the cultures and languages, etc.

I'm just looking for basic location information. A map would be nice, but is not required.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There is no map.
Most glades and temples are in FR, however this is not required.
In effect when someone starts a role play they decide where the glade, temple or community might be. The last one I posted in in RP is somewhere in the underdark. I have no idea what section of the underdark it is, however I know the lizard was teleported to the region from under mountain.

You can have a glade on Earth, Troil, Otherth (spelling) that planescape fan created moon, and so on.

All in all the glade can be anyplace anytime (though I would tend to stay away from 4th Edition maps and rules as the community almost as a whole refuses to accept the canon concerning Eilistraee in that Edition.

Find one to visit or start one yourself. In time the play might establish how close or far to Waterdeep the location is.

The are no rules about location, thus there is no way the question can be answered.

Oh if NWN aspect took off as planed, there clearly would be a slightly better defined location required.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I'd make a suggestion, that if you are looking set set the temple and glade in a Forgotten Realms setting, and that is to place the temple near SilveryMoon, probably in or near the Moonwood.

There are references to a shrine in that area but the main Eilistraeen temple/base is SkullPort next to Waterdeep.

Remember portals are used a lot to travel about so distance is no real issue.

In my own novel which I'm currently writing, I've set the temple to be away from most major population centres/power centres.

decided as to where to place the temple depends on a number of factors:

how are "good" drow and Eilsitraee viewed by th rest of the world? If favourably then it is logical to assume her temple would be closer to major population centres as good drow are tolerated and her faith is welcome and respected. If however drow, even those who worship Eilistraee, are viewed with hatred and suspiscion, then her temple would be set far away from most major population centres as in the case of canon Forgotten realms.

Ultimately its up to you where the glade & temple are. :D
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Bel'la dos.

This will help immensely, and I should have a post up to start some roleplay within the next day or so.

For now ... GO HEELS!