A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena stopped where she was and turned around. Her eyes rose with a red fire as she snapped at Eleak.

" Not possible? That mage was a mage that almost took both of our lives at one time, with just using minor spells! You risk much for the sake of Power Eleak.....I thought your will would be much stronger than this. Even I could resist the power of that sword, but I cannot hold it against you..I am trained in the ancients and the arcane ways...where you are not. You may take that sword and go your way...I need not someone who can be defeated so easily..."

Her voice held a tone of ice as her eyes faded back into it's normal emerald color. Without a word, Zelena moved down the stairs still angry, but she had to pry his will away from such an item and using her own companionship Zelena hoped would be the key. Moving quickly she drew her cloth over her shoulder and head towards the forest.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

As Zelena stormed out of the room, Eleak did not know what to do. The sword called to him, he could hear it quite audibly now, but Zelena also carried a piece of his soul within her, and he felt as though he was missing something now that she left him so abruptly. He collapsed on the bed, where mere moments ago Zelena had been in a dormant slumber. He stared up at the ceiling, almost begging for someone else to tell him what to do. With that thought, he heard the sword plea to be picked up, so that they would destroy the drow and rule the world with an iron fist. "Shut up you stupid sword. You're what got me in this situation in the first place." With that, the sword reduced it's volume to a mere grumble, but Eleak could still hear it. "I said, SHUT UP!" And with that, the sword fell silent.

Eleak lay there, waiting for guidance. It never did come, and Eleak couldn't decide what to do. SHould he run after the door, after Zelena, the woman who had brought him through so much, or should he pick up this sword, and go the other way, to rule the world of the drow? Eleak began to cry slightly, tears slowly forming in his eyes. He was as lost as a human child in the woods after dark. He had two paths in front of him, but the sign was gone. He had no idea which way to go. "Well," He said, "It can't get much worse than this is already." He walked over to the sword, and stared at it for a long time. Then, he bent down, and picked up the purple cloth in which it came, and draped it over the sword. Eleak left it there, and went down the stairs, out of the house, and into the forest. He would not aim at meeting up with Zelena instantly, but he did mean to track her through the woods, and keep her safe, as he had done so many times before. But then again, she had done the same for him.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The object was set.....

Zelena moved through the forest quickly. The soles of her feet acted like they never touched the ground as she glided effortlessly across the forest, not even stirring a piece of grass. Zelena then stopped her hands moved in a intricate pattern as her body disappeared. Her eyes then stared back at that home in which the sword was left...Moving over to it, She reached down and placed a binding cloth around the sword..." Your owner is not ready for thee....So Until then, I shall keep thee. " Binding the sword up, Zelena picked it up and placed it with in a secret dimensional pocket with in the folds of her cloak. Smiling she disappeared again, reappearing in her previous footsteps...

" Eleak! Where are thee?"
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak moved with Zelena, though he remained out of her field of vision. He had his eyes open for anything, or anyone, who would try to bring harm to her. Once, he thought he heard something, only to turn and find nothing. He turned his head back the other way and she was gone. Eleak was dumbstruck. He had either failed to keep up with her, or failed to keep watch over her. Either way, he failed. She left no prints, Eleak couldn't tell where she went. Eleak sat down against a tree, and began to weep. How he wished he could her Zelena's voice one more time, instead of leaving on such a terrible note. As though teasing him, he heard her calling in the distance, wondering where he was. And he said to himself out loud, "I am here. Too bad you are not."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A smile touched Zelena's face as she looked up into the stars. A star moved and it skirted across the sky. Zelena smiled and waited for Eleak to come to her. She knew he would know where she would be for she would always know where he was. He was her protector, and she loved that about him. She did not know how their fates had been tangled, but it seemed now that they were intertwined. Zelena turned around and looked towards the north.

There was only a few things left to do. First they would have to kill the Llothians, then they would have to travel into the UnderDark......A place she swore she would never go again...would Eilistraee be able to guide them in Lloth's realm? Or would Zelena have to revert to that ice cold killer mode once again? She did not know.....But she feared when blood consumed her own self image....

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak remained sitting behind the tree, cursing fate for playing such cruel tricks on him, and making him hear Zelena's voice again...it was teasing him. Eleak then thought of the sword, and began to loudly weep. It was all the fault of this possessed sword, all it's fault that he was now alone in the world, with nobody beside him. He could not even feel Eilistraee pulling him towards his next destination. Maybe it was because he had sworn to protect Zelena, and he had failed, maybe Eilistraee had forsaken him. Maybe he was meant to die hear, alone, worthless. He heard nothing else in the night, only his loud sobs, echoing through the forest.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The tips of Zelena's eye brows began to raise as she called again for Eleak....Her eyes then began to reach into the forest, looking around. Keeping her focus, she spotted him weeping? A face came over Zelena, it was a mixture of concern and disgust. She shook her head as her eyes began to flare with anger. Slowly her blood began to rise as electricity began to crackle around her body. She shook her head..." Why do you sit down and weep! Eleak we have things to do...GET UP! We have to go!" Her voice raised into the air, and burst through out the forest, causing many animals to run away frightened. Lighting then crackled in the sky as Zelena's blood magic began to raise it's course.

Slowly Zelena controlled her anger and the power that was emitting from her skin began to dissipate. Breathing deeply, she shook her head again and walked away into the night. If he does not follow, then perhaps it's better. I rather he not hurt, but to cry? Zelena did not fancy that at all, but she could not do anything about it. Moving deeper into the forest, Zelena began to scout ahead with her farseering eyes. Her eyes sweep in and out of the forest..and with in minutes she located the evil...." I guess I will have to do this alone."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

As Zelena appears and rages at Eleak, he could not be more happy. He stands up as quick as he can, and says in a flustered tone, "Zelena! You're back! After you left that cabin I followed you through the forest, but then I looked away and when I looked back you were gone, and I had no idea where you were, and, " Eleak pauses, to take in air, and then he continues, "And then I didn't know what to do, because I had nothing else to do, and I though that Eilistraee had forsaken me for breaking an oath and...Oh it's just so good that you're back!"

Getting up and following her, he could not stop thinking about how glad he was that she was not in some distant are , or worse, dead. He followed Her as he always did, with one hand on his sword, one hand ready to pull her out on any impeding danger, and a body ready to take blows for her. This is what he had done since they first met, and he did not mind doing it until the end of time.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The eyes of Zelena looked perplexed as she watched Eleak with curiosity. She was mad, but seeing how innocent he looked Zelena only laughed and smiled.

" One day, I will be gone...I will die and walk my path with Eilistraee..you must learn to pick yourself up and move forward, for that s the only place I will allow you to move. "

Smiling Zelena only stopped and crouched down. Whispering a word, the very scenery around them began to changed, bringing forth illusions. She moved her finger out to the middle..." they are encamped there...What do we do Eleak?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"I am well aware that you will leave someday Zelena. However, hopefully it will not be so abrupt, and leaving on such a bad note. I must apologize for the way I acted about that sword. I was foolish, and overpowered by it. I'm sorry."

Eleak watched in wonder as the illusion was brought up, deep inside wishing he could perform magic. Well, it was not entirely true that he couldn't. His skill with the sword was almost magical. "Well, first we take a good look at how the defenses are set up, and then we go right at their weakest point, and then fade away. Keep them guessing where we'll come from. Then, they'll be ours for the taking.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The thoughts of Eleak brought a smile to the face of Zelena as she listened softly to his voice. She laughed greatly as the thought of fading away in the night against Drow as if phantoms....It would not work...Drow see ten times further in the night than they do in the day time. To catch a group of Llothians off guard was highly almost impossible. Breathing softly Zelena then watched the tree tops.

" Maybe perhaps we hit from the trees then move back up...but that kind of attack requires a lot of stamina...Are you up for it?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak's vision was clearing as it became darker. The tree tops would be a stunning maneuver to pull off, but still...it had been a long time since Eleak had done something like that. He could still remember long ago in the fields behind his old house how he used to climb trees. He would do it so often, and he loved just sitting in the very top and watching the sun set. However, those days were long past, and Eleak was not accustomed to climbing. But he was sure that he could still do it. For a little while at least. "Alright, a tree top assult sounds good," said Eleak. "My question to you is though, are YOU up for climbing trees that often?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A smile touched over Zelena's eyes as she slowly nodded twice. Her eyes became distant as she remembered her past as an assassin. Being able to move quickly up and over things were what she was paid for. Being able to fight with speed and killing blows were what she was paid for. She was a killer, until she found Eilistraee.

" Yes i am...I was once an assassin, much like those that hunt for the Masked Lord. I can attack and recoil in one stride, but if all else fails, I am still a sorceress..." She said with a wink as she laughed and stood up.

" Eilistraee please help me..." Whispering to her goddess, the slow sensation of power slowly began to flow through Zelena and then past into Eleak recharging their stamina and strength. With a deep breath Zelena moved towards a tree. Her sleek footing was silent and grace overtook every single step. Her eyes narrowed and focus as she gave a soft grunt and thrust her foot outwards. Hitting the tree, Zelena pushed upwards and quickly her form rose into the air. Gripping a branch, Zelena allowed her propelled momentum to keep moving. Her body began to twirl around the branch. Letting go she sung upwards and landed upon another branch without making any sound. Slowly she drew her black cloak around her body to conceal itself in the darkness as her eyes began to adjust to the night. " Lets go Love." She said softly and began to walk across the tree tops.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak's expression went blank for a few moments. An assassin... he had experienced what they could do first hand, during the days when he had to work as a mercenary to survive. He would wake up to find his friends dead, with small notes written on top of their corpses. Zelena...an assassin...Eleak was not sure he could look at her the same way again. What if... what if SHE had killed his friends? Would he be able to forgive her?

Eleak snapped back to reality to see Zelena turn and climb up the tree. Her agility and nimbleness was certainly that of an agile killer...but still, he would not believe her to be a true assassin until proof was shown. Her skill at climbing trees was far greater than his, but he would not let her down. As she called to him, he whispered back, "Alright, don't worry. I'm coming." Eleak approached the tree, sword in hand, and jumped as high as he felt necessary. At the peak of his jump, he thrust his sword into the tree. He hung there for a moment, recalling all of his past tricks, and quickly scrambled on top of his sword, pulling a pair of punching daggers from his pockets, muttering to himself, "You aren't the only one in the world who carries more than one weapon." He strapped the daggers around his knuckles, punched on into the tree and used his free hand to sheath his sword after pulling it from the trunk of the tree. He was able to pull himself up with his hands, puching the daggers into the tree, and finding footholds. He was soon level with Zelena, following her, and silently whispering, "Don't worry about me. I'm right here behind you. You will be able to tell if I'm here, or if I'm not."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena had to admit, she wasn't proud of being an assassin, but she had to do what she could to make a living. She remembered her choice very clearly....a powerful man, took her from the street and threw her into his room. His eyes were as black as a demon but his voice sounded like an angel....an angel from hell. His proposal was simple. "Become what your destiny lies before you, my killer, or become a woman within my brothel. The choice is yours, make it now."

Zelena remembered the fear with in her eyes as she choice a fate that would scar her for life, but sometimes what seems wrong, is the right choice when faced with another. Moving quietly across the tree tops, Zelena began to remember the people she would assassinate. All they were, were high professional and political characters. They were the men who stood up for what they believed in, and for that, were put down. Shaking her head Zelena merely shook the painful memories away. She never enjoyed killing.....Or did she?

Feeling a pain run with in her legs, Zelena stopped and crouched down. "Damn it....through all my thoughts I messed up!" She said with in her mind. Looking down, she felt a priestess looking around, as the signal was tripped upon. Zelena cursed, but quickly assess that the signal was not one that would alert the whole camp, but one that only alerted the priestess. Thankful for Zelena, this priestess was cocky. She had not summoned for help yet. " I have to act." Zelena said quietly as she stood above the priestess. Withdrawing a dagger Zelena slowly fell from the tree branch. Withdrawing a thin line of rope as well, she thrusted it upwards, its string wrapping around the branch of the tree, as Zelena fell downwards.

Startling the Drow, Zelena moved in one fluid motion slashing across the throat with her deadly dagger. The cut was smooth and quick, however it was enough to splash blood across the ground. Moving her other hand around, she slapped the face of the drow, to drain the gurgling sounds. As she slapped the drow, Zelena moved her hand downwards as her hand hit the ground stopping her fall. Using the rope as a momentum stopper, Zelena pulled on the rope and with one motion her body faded upwards into the tree. Breathing deeply Zelena looked back towards Eleak. " You there ?"