[CAMPAIGN] Stuck In Between Something Better

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kenviir
Maid
Maid

[CAMPAIGN] Stuck In Between Something Better

Post by Kenviir »

[center:1yh6p78l][b:1yh6p78l][color=red:1yh6p78l]So, what's happening right now.

The Drow Kenviir, searching for Mercenary work to pay off debt to the government after killing man, finds herself in a small town where the Legion's Base was located. On a night of the Mercenary Gathering, she gazes her eyes on the elven woman Rowan.

After a drunken Mercenary man attempted to smack the young Elf for a snotty (but well deserved) remark she laid upon him. Kenviir grabbed the man by the hand and threw him to the ground; with katana in hand and all. The entire room stared at her and she left to the Tavern . Rowan was intrigued by her rescuer and followed her, although; she didn't have a clue to where she left too. When she at last checked the odd Tavern, she found the Drow sitting at a table and staring out the nearest window.

When she attempted to approached the Drow, she was stopped by a childhood friend, and spoke to her about joining the Legion, and after a exploding conversation, she blew him off and approached the Drow. Who happened to being listening to they're entire conversation. At first Rowan was a bit uncertain if she should approach this Drow so care free, but she did, and after a few moments. A conversation befell upon the two.

The Drow, Kenviir, was much surprised for the way she was acting. She responded to the Elf harshly at first, but the conversation grew lighter, and there was something about Rowan that made the Drow feel a sort of fluttery compassionate feeling. It was unusual for her to feel this way, but by the end of they're conversation. Both of them we're feeling something deep, and they both knew it. Rowan especially, because she was able to make Kenviir blush with such intensity, she knew that this Drow felt something there as well.

After a farewell, the two went they're separate ways. Rowan to a near by inn, and Kenviir ventured out to the woods for sleep. But neither of them could sleep. For they both thought of each other most of the night.

By the next morning, Rowan joined the Legion, and eagerly wondered if she'd ever see Kenviir. As she rested in her room, she heard a stirring of talking about a "Drow" entering the Legion Gates. With her heart racing, she went outside to see, and there Kenviir stood, near the end of the stair case from which Rowan stood on top of. When they're eyes met, the two of them smiled at each other with such gracious welcome, and Rowan guided Kenviir to the Legion leader Trae.

The Trae wasn't surprise that the Drow, Kenviir, was there to sign up. For he knew the story of the Drow well by now, and he was pleased to have such a strong Drow joining his force of mercenaries. It wasn't too long after that he accepted Kenviir, and a Guard lead Kenviir to her room, with Rowan by her side. Kenviir walked into the room and glanced at all its surroundings; collapsing to the bed and said.
(And at last Dialog!)
[i:1yh6p78l]
"The certainly beats sleeping in the grass."[/i:1yh6p78l]

Rowan sat next to her, nodding.
[i:1yh6p78l]"I second that. And you know what's better?" [/i:1yh6p78l]
She smiled as Kenviir looked at her wondering.
[i:1yh6p78l]"My room is two doors down!" [/i:1yh6p78l]
Kenviir looked at Rowan and smiled.
[i:1yh6p78l]"Oh really? I might have to come bug you."[/i:1yh6p78l]
She grinned and placed her hands behind her head.
Rowan smiled and said softly, [i:1yh6p78l]"I'd like that."[/i:1yh6p78l]

Kenviir's smile grew as she sat up next to Rowan, her shoulder gently touching Rowan's. Her silver hair fell in front of her eyes as she gazed at her. [i:1yh6p78l]"You know, I haven't asked you this yet...but what are your specialties? You obviously know mine."[/i:1yh6p78l]

Leaning back on her hands, she smiled. "[i:1yh6p78l]Well, I'm more of an archer than anything. I know how to use a sword, though it's not my specialty. I'm better with daggers and such than my short sword."[/i:1yh6p78l]

She nodded and smiled, stretching forward a bit and letting out a soft sigh. She took her Katana from her waist and placed it next to her.

Chuckling, Rowan stretched her arms up and arched her back. [i:1yh6p78l]"Un-!"[/i:1yh6p78l] Hearing a couple of joints pop in relief. [i:1yh6p78l]"Ah. Anyway, would you like to join me for dinner?"[/i:1yh6p78l] She smiled.

Kenviir was a little shocked, but was very pleased of the kind request, and she said softly. [i:1yh6p78l]"I'd love too.."[/i:1yh6p78l]

[i:1yh6p78l]"Great! It's not for another hour or two, so I'm going to go and shower."[/i:1yh6p78l] Standing, she turned and placed her hand on Kenii's head. [i:1yh6p78l]"See you then..."[/i:1yh6p78l] And turned, walking out.

Kenviir looked up at her and smiled as she touch her head. She felt all warm inside at the touch, and she watched her leave, feeling a bit sad for a moment, not really wanting her to leave. But she would see her soon enough. With that she got up, and walked to the washroom and decided to get cleaned up.

Rowan, once in the safety of her room, she spun and squealed softly. She didn't know why Kenviir made her so giddy and tingly, but she didn't care; she LIKED it! Humming while she stripped and tested the hot water and she began bathe.

Kenviir looked into the mirror and she stared at herself, she moved her hair from her eyes and gently sighed. [i:1yh6p78l]"I've worn this mask for so long, a mask of hate...and now, I feel as if that mask has some how disappeared...in only day or so, she's changed me..."[/i:1yh6p78l] She looked at the tub and turned it on and started removing what clothing she had and slipped in, taking the wonderful warmth.

Sighing under the fall of hot water, Rowan relaxed. [i:1yh6p78l]"She seems so...sweet. I wonder what happened to make her change from being so mean and hateful..."[/i:1yh6p78l] After scrubbing down her hair, she hopped out of the shower and started to dry off. Running around her room naked, she searched for some nice, but not too nice, clothes.

[/color:1yh6p78l][/b:1yh6p78l][/center:1yh6p78l]
Last edited by Kenviir on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=indigo:1ptrefq2][center:1ptrefq2][b:1ptrefq2][i:1ptrefq2]^^ Alrightly, I'm here.

Tis your turn, sweet.[/b:1ptrefq2][/i:1ptrefq2][/center:1ptrefq2][/color:1ptrefq2]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[color=silver:3rdwcee1][center:3rdwcee1][b:3rdwcee1]Kenviir was in the tub for quite some time, and by the time she go out, it hit her that she didn't have anything nice to wear period...just the ragged clothes she was already wearing before.

"I guess they'll have to do..." She mumbled a bit agitated. She put her clothes back on and shook out her hair, and let out a bit of a sigh. She walked back into he room, and sat down on the bed, slouching over with her arms on her knees, pondering of the nights events. [/b:3rdwcee1][/center:3rdwcee1][/color:3rdwcee1]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:c3to7o2z][center:c3to7o2z][b:c3to7o2z][i:c3to7o2z]With similar but cleaner clothes, Rowan shook out her hair and started to brush it, her eyes out to window. She wondered what would happen during the dinner-- Oh, gosh, was it actually a date?
"Well, I did kind of ask her..." Giggling at the thought, Rowan hummed a soft melody, continuing to brush her hair.[/b:c3to7o2z][/i:c3to7o2z][/center:c3to7o2z][/color:c3to7o2z]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[color=silver:g4qsd9xb][center:g4qsd9xb][b:g4qsd9xb]Kenviir laid on her bed, and huffed a sigh; standing up and grabbing her katana, she went out the door in pursuit to find Rowan's room.

"Two rooms down.." she whispered to herself, and she slowly walked down two doors away from her own, and took a deep breath. She knocked on the door softly and waited for Rowan to answer.[/b:g4qsd9xb][/center:g4qsd9xb][/color:g4qsd9xb]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:2nwqfut6][center:2nwqfut6][b:2nwqfut6][i:2nwqfut6]"Coming!" Rowan calling, half hopping it was Kenviir. Opening the door, her hair still a little wet and a brush in her hand, she smiled in greeting.
"Hello, Kenii!" Stepping back to allow the other women inside.[/b:2nwqfut6][/i:2nwqfut6][/center:2nwqfut6][/color:2nwqfut6]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[color=silver:2og7706h][center:2og7706h][b:2og7706h]She smiled and stepped inside and looked about her room. She turned back to Rowan and smiled. Tying her katana to her waist.[/b:2og7706h][/center:2og7706h][/color:2og7706h]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:2vhsild9][center:2vhsild9][b:2vhsild9][i:2vhsild9]Shutting the door behind Kenviir, Rowan stood by her side and continued to brush her hair.
"Did you have a good bath?"[/b:2vhsild9][/i:2vhsild9][/center:2vhsild9][/color:2vhsild9]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[center:7k3yncqe][color=silver:7k3yncqe][b:7k3yncqe]Kenviir touched her still wet hair, and she chuckled hesitantly.

"Yes I did. How was yours Rowie?"

She said as she turned and walked over to her bed. She sat down and looked and Rowan with a grin.[/b:7k3yncqe][/color:7k3yncqe][/size:7k3yncqe][/center:7k3yncqe]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:836yxw1x][center:836yxw1x][b:836yxw1x][i:836yxw1x]"Fabulous! I looove hot showers."
Her heart fluttered when hearing her new pet name. Tossing the brush on the dinner table, she walked over in front of Kenviir. "You hungery?"[/b:836yxw1x][/i:836yxw1x][/center:836yxw1x][/color:836yxw1x]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[color=silver:1ofmoykm][center:1ofmoykm][b:1ofmoykm]Kenviir nodded. She hadn't eat since the morning before, and she was indeed very hungry. Kenviir shook her hair, and her hair fell in front of her eyes again.[/b:1ofmoykm][/center:1ofmoykm][/color:1ofmoykm]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:9z7qrr3r][center:9z7qrr3r][b:9z7qrr3r][i:9z7qrr3r]She chuckled as a few little droplets hit her cheek.
"So? Then lets go!" Reaching her hand out for Kenii's.[/b:9z7qrr3r][/i:9z7qrr3r][/center:9z7qrr3r][/color:9z7qrr3r]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[center:3njd4irw][color=silver:3njd4irw][b:3njd4irw]She took Rowan's hand and stood up beside her with a smile. Gripping her hand tightly.

"Yes, let us go."[/b:3njd4irw][/color:3njd4irw][/center:3njd4irw]
Rowan
Maid
Maid

Post by Rowan »

[color=green:1yucleu5][center:1yucleu5][b:1yucleu5][i:1yucleu5]Squeezing Kenviir's hand, Rowan blushed gently. Leading Kenviir out of her room, Rowan found her throat was as tight as their grip. So, she walked in silence, finding that their arms were touching and they were walking slowly in unison.[/b:1yucleu5][/i:1yucleu5][/center:1yucleu5][/color:1yucleu5]
Kenviir
Maid
Maid

Post by Kenviir »

[center:35fv8w5e][color=silver:35fv8w5e][b:35fv8w5e]Kenviir looked over at Rowan, seeing her gentle blush, and noticed their walking in unison. There hands and arms gently rubbing past one another as they walked so closely. Kenviir thought of something, something very daring to do, she felt like this was a date...but she wasn't so sure, what if she was just doing it to be nice.

Her heart pounded with such fury, and she slipped her fingers in between Rowan's, firmly gripping her hand, and looking over at Rowan with a loving smile.[/b:35fv8w5e][/color:35fv8w5e][/center:35fv8w5e]