Searching for his Roots

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Searching for his Roots

Post by Elrohir »

Walking carefree amongst the deepening caverns of the Underdark. He knew his heading but had no real idea of where he was going. the teleportation spell put him in the ruins of Chaulssin *sp* the city His Father Odion Obliterated With the help of his goddess Mystra And his Loyal Folowers. The Archmage summond a great fireball that was split intwo by an excentric sorcers artifact known as the Fork. A unique one of a kind artifact that was his primary reason for being here. Secondly he wanted to know his fathers birthplace The city of Menzoberanzzan *sp*

"Now i remember Father telling me about the terrible Devilish Pitfeind He summond to the city to finish off everylast drow here in this ruind city."

But the devil was no where to be found within the city. And neither was the Fork. Logic and deduction reasoned that the devil had found the fork and was probably working his own insidious designs deeper within the caverns. So He walked even whisteling loudly within the tunnels. He had never been to the underdark and His father and the others refraind from writing it in the history books of the midnite academy. Odion and his house were ferverant followers of Mystra and Azuth and now permanent surface dwellers.

"I will do you proud Father. I will find the fork and vanquish the devil from our plane, This I promis you Father."

Sol contenued his path down into the deeper caverns twords Menzoberanzzan.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=darkred:pjwyc6kz]Majeir clung effortlessly to a stalactite above the destroyed city of Chaulssin. She was one of the few survivors hanging around the ruined city after an epic battle with a powerful mage destroyed it. During that battle she had been hugely pregnant with a brood of shadow dragon eggs and unable to shift from shadow dragon form back to drow form so she had been forced to flee. She remembered her rage at having to spread her huge batlike wings & fly swiftly & silently down into the cold winds of the abyss below Chaulssin… she would have preferred confronting the invaders with her significant skill in magic & blasting them into oblivion. She had missed entirely the havoc wreaked by the devil the mages sent into Chaulssin… but she heard about it when she returned from the few survivors remaining.

Majeir was a Chaulssin native: part drow & part shadow dragon and she was very, very old. She had been little more than a half-breed slave to the shadow dragons who ruled the city when she was born. Displacing the shadow dragons had a few side effects... Living in Chaulssin was tricky at first… she had disappeared in the Plane of Shadow for years at a time several times in her life just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Majeir had begun to learn how to make darkness do her bidding as she aged.

Though the shadow dragon part of her was content with the security of the shadows, the drow part of Majeir was growing bored, so it was with great interest that her black eyes watched the being below her walking with an untroubled air through the ruins of Chaulssin. She had time on her side to see what he was up to; she would just watch & wait… for now.[/color:pjwyc6kz]
Elrohir
Regular

Sol Demonius

Post by Elrohir »

Walking a few moments something intreagued his eye to his left as he passed the rubble of the Noble first house of Drak'ul

"Whats this?"

He moved to examine what had intreagued his eye.

"A hand?"

Standing back with his right hand on his chin and his left moveing to push his hood back and scratch his head. Strangely Violet colored hair cascaded down about his Indigo Violet skin. Even stranger were the fact that this elfs ears were not as the shorter croped of the drow. These were elongated and were adorned with Exquisit adornment.

"Oh yes I remember Ogre Stonecrusher. The Giant of guardian oger Lord Drak'ul kept as his personal body guard. My by the size of this paw he was a large fellow. Strange tho that this would even still be here and be intact. What was it that father said?"

The Very odd looking elf became lost in his thought as he kneeled Drawing a ritualistic circle on the ground with a peice of Purple Crystal. Once the Circle was compleate He placed himself within it. Replaceing the Crystal back within one of his pockets. He placed His hands on the circle and the land about him begain to glow a deep violet fire color and he begain to lift the land away from the skelital hand and placed neatly to the left right and front of him as he begain to unearth the large skeleton. Once it was unearthed The apparent Elven wizzard Broke the circle and erased its shards in the dust. And he went about picking up the peices of bone and puting them into a bag but the bag didnt seem to grow. Tucking the bag away after picking up the skelital corps.

"This will do nicely." He smirked to himself and contenued leaving the city.

meanwhile at the spot of the magic circle. The dust shards begain to glow once again and the peices of the crystal begain to soak into the earthen stone and all of the earth moved begain to glow once again with that erie Ultraviolet purple glow again. The three mounds of earth begain to assemble them selves into the hulking forms of humanoids with two legs and two arms and a head and torso. The glow turned to fire and begain to cook the stone to a red then yellow hot molten form Then the fires dimed and all but winked out as they were left two purple glowing orbs for eyes. The fires were dim and almost winked out compleatly. The earth stone and metal begain to cool and the mixture of minerals super heated and melded togather formed into a new mineral a Dark deep violet crystalized stone Nearly compleatly black. The echo of the Sorcerous Elf's whistle rings back through the tunnels, and the eyes became ablaze giveing the Crystal masses life The huge golem like creatures moved and begain cleaning up the rubble of the city Methodicaly and at the same general pace.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:39g1tdcc]Majeir looked upon the strange being's actions with great interest. She did not want to leave her aerial position as she did not want to give herself away, but she was far enough away that she couldn't quite see what kind of creature this was... it was about the size & shape of an elf & she wondered if it was a drow. "Hm, tasty..." she thought to herself, and it was not entirely of food about which she thought... there were soooo many options with a drow... so many hungers to feed.

Suddenly, the creature stopped, pushed its hood back & kneeled. Majeir strained to see what it was when suddenly the ground at the being's feet began to glow with violet hued light which very much resembled drow faerie fire. Sure that she was seeing a drow bathed in purple light, she took advantage of the strange movement & spread her wings to drop silently down where she could see better. She grasped the backside of a much lower & nearer stalactite and craned her neck around the edge for a better look. Much to her surprise, the elf-like being truly was purple! Or more truly, he had what appeared to be lavender hair & purplish skin. "What a truly remarkable creature!" Majeir thought to herself. Even more interesting to her was watching the process of the making of what were quite possibly crystal golems. They continued to coalesce even though the purple elf walked away... until he whistled to them & then they - curiously - began to clean!

Majeir could only blink in surprise before she took flight again & followed the purple elf (at a distance & leisurely pace, of course) to see what wonders he would entrance her eyes with next![/color:39g1tdcc]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Walking through the twisting caverns further down twords the city of his fathers birth.

[i:3rgw1nm4]i wonder if My fathers Teacher Gromph is still around i would definately be honored to meet him.[/i:3rgw1nm4]

The movement within the still air of the caverns blew a small blue feather hanging off his left ear. He stoped and kneeled traceing another circle on the ground this time sitting within it this time Placeing his hands togather in a strange position Chanting softly to himself.

*From the left and behind Majeir*

"So what are we looking at?"

A tenderly Jovial voice sounded (If she turned to look or notice the sound. * A stone form of the elf was reaching out from the caverns celing. He would turn to smile at here. His actual features and colors were indistinguisable as he was just shaped from the stone.)
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:3aodutgm]Majeir was flying absolutely silently, only the slight puff of air as her wings occasionally pumped. Nevertheless, she was surprised when the stone elf form appeared in thin air behind her. (and one doesn't often surprise a half dragon who is almost 1,000 years old!)

She immediately snarled & dropped to the floor of the cavern. She knew she would be bested in any fight including magic & this elf-like creature had already shown more skill than she would ever have. She, fully visible, stepped in front of his vision & went to one knee, hands outspread with palms up to show she was unarmed. She bowed her head slightly but her obsidian eyes stayed locked onto the elf in front of her.

"I'm watching YOU," she said with a sweet but evil smile. "Are you a drow?" The hatred welled in her heart at the thought of any drow in her territory... they were part of the reason for her childhood slavery...[/color:3aodutgm]
Last edited by Drathir murrpau on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

The stone form of the elf looked puzzled.

"It was to my understanding that you females were the dominate of the underdark. why is this so that you offer such submissive acts. Be it you think me stupid and have set a trap for me or you really have the same curiosity as me."

the stone form hardend and became lifeless but the shape was still there. a strange arcanic circle begain to glow brightly on the statues forehead and soon it faded away. Then the voice came from the elf in the magic circle.

"Me a drow? Yes and no I am what you call a halfbreed to be harshly cruel about it. I like to think of what i am is Perfection."

The drow in him allows the arrogance but the feeling of pride amongst his own accomplishments and compleat ignorance at where he really is.

"So why are you stalking little old me?"

The magic circle glowed with a violet flame from under him.

Filling the cavern with the ere violet/lavandar light. (shining same light as a torch just purple light.)

The elf Sitting crosslegged is doned in Dark Violet leather pants and Soft black Leather knee high boots A lighter more lavandarish colored Shirt covered his chest Shoulder length violet/Lavandar highlighted hair fell about strong shoulders. A Raven featered cloak wraps about his frame. Hes features were exquisit and complementing to handsome for his strangly colored skin.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:28gu2gy4]Majeir stood up in front of the strange elf. She was nearly five & a half feet tall with jet black skin, black hair & the blackest eyes anyone could have. The most striking feature about her eyes was that there were no whites; they were completely, bottomless black like those of a shark. Even her teeth, tongue, and gums were black – some drow were that way, but most had white teeth & either pink or purple gums & tongue. She took a deep shuddering breath, closed her eyes & rocked her head back – then her bat-like wings shrunk down into her shoulder blades until not a trace of them was left. Except for a strange, circular, and well-decorated openings at the shoulderblade areas of the back of her shirt, one might not know that she wasn’t a true drow at first glance. However, Majeir could never pass for a full-blooded drow: She had two small horns protruding above her browline very much like little bitty devil horns… and even in drow form her nails were the claws of a raptor.

"I see no reason to quarrel with you this day. Suffice it to say that you pique my interest... particularly the half-drow part..." she raised a black eyebrow at him...

She had been alone for so long. If he was to attack her, she would step into the Plane of Shadow before she could be severely injured... it was her way. "What brings you here?"[/color:28gu2gy4]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Sparkeling blue eyes gazed upon the draconic elfs form. [i:38vrnnel]I have peiqued the interest of a dragon born. This could be good or this could be bad. best to play it cool right now she hasent shown hostility, rather yet more curiosity then anything else.[/i:38vrnnel]

"I am here hunting a particular devil that laid waist to a once great city. Ive just come from its ruins actually. You wouldent happen to know the way to Menzoberanzzan would you?"

The elf stood within the magic circle standing to his full height of 6'2" strangely tall for the Elfkin of Drow. It must be apart of his so called "perfection" or other half blood Night Elf. The light of the circle faded but this one did not shatter like the other you had seen that created the statuet stone golem like creatures. Instead it liquified and creapt its way up the foot of the Violet skinned elf. And the liquid crystal absorbed itself within the elf.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:juucng5c]Majeir stared up at this tall elf - she was surprised at his great height, but she wasn't frightened. She had difficulty seeing his drow blood, but was sure it would appear sooner or later. If he were like the rest of his drow kin she would slaughter him like a fledgling deep bat.

She watched him literally suck the liquid violet back up into himself as if it were part of him. She took his measure, still noting that a magical battle she could not win... but in her shadow dragon form perhaps he could be easily crushed. Rather than give in to the temptation of trying to kill him, she let her curiosity run its path within her.

She answered him, "I have seen no devil of which you speak. But you are a far cry from Menzoberranzan... it is nigh 200 miles to the east." "Might've been better if you had teleported closer," she added with sardonic humor.[/color:juucng5c]
Elrohir
Regular

Sol

Post by Elrohir »

He simply smiled at her sarcasim.

"Then 200 miles to the east i shall go. It was my pleasure to meet you and thank you for your aid. A fist full of Rubies for the information."

Smileing the whole time. Such a brandishing of his teeth the casual observer would notice that they were sharper and longer near the K-9 areas. ALso two small knots lumped on the front of his forehead. tossing the bag in his hand up and down to measure its weight before handing it to you.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:2jivfdm6]Majeir did not move towards the elf or move to take the rubies. She studied the strange elf for a moment... She had not his name, nor any other idea about what – other than drow – blood this creature possessed and she was still powerfully curious about what he was & why he was here… and then there was the issue of her loneliness. She noted that his teeth were sharp & his canine’s particularly long for an elf of any kind. Being sensitive about her own little brow horns & having been on guard long enough to look for them in others – because having them meant others had abilities more powerful than hers - made her gaze sweep his forehead, and she noted small knots there.

Majeir loved gems & treasure of any sort, as did most of the dragon-blooded folk, and she was mightily tempted to take the bag of rubies & leave. But she was loathe to see this one go so she kept her hands at her sides. She had been alone in the area in & surrounding Chaulssin for so damned long – she felt like she was losing her mind. Surely some arrangement could be made… so she said, “My name is Majeir. I do not wish to return to Chaulssin so soon. May I walk with you for a while? If it is usefulness of which you seek before taking on a travel partner, I know the locations of the dangers in the caverns hereabouts for the next 100 miles toward Menzoberranzan & may be of some use to you.”
[/color:2jivfdm6]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Curiosity spread across his face as the roobies were not snatched up so hurridly. Then all comes to light as she speaks.

"Sure the more the merrier. A good guide would be helpfull. Even if it is for only half the distance. either way im heading in that direction anyway."

His smile jovial and light hearted. Tossing the bag of rubies to her anyways. Knowing that it would even more apease this dragonblood.

Sweeping into a bow

"Lead the way mylady." :)
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:2enrhsc1]Majeir caught the bag of rubies easily and pocketed them smoothly. She smiled her black smile at him, letting him see her own sharp teeth & elongated canines. She shook her head ever so slightly at herself then, and closed her lips together thinking to herself, “Sharp teeth… which are very hard to see with black teeth against a black mouth so what is the point of such if it’s too dark to use as a good intimidation tactic?”

Without a hitch in her step, she went to the side of the strange elf. “What is your name, might I ask? And if I may not, then what shall I call you?” Then she deftly pointed out to him a tunnel to the left which sloped downward… “That’s the best way to travel if you want to go quickly; you don’t want to run into the nasties in the other cavern… could be lots of fun but I don’t think you are here just to play with monsters of the caverns.” [/color:2enrhsc1]
Elrohir
Regular

Sol Demonius

Post by Elrohir »

The same tune he whistled earlier had come to his lips again tho this time in a humm. In between humming the tune he spoke.

"My name is...... You can just call me Sol."

Takeing the path chosen he walked along side his new companion.

"Im going to be honest. This is my first venture into the underdark. So far your the first creature i have encountered. I was suprised to see that my first find would be one of.... such.... calibur. I expected to find some mindless or semi mindless monster to kill. From the stories i hear about the underdark. Its seeming kinda weak right now. But never the less you are proof that things do live down here. Maby i just havent been down far enough."

*Sigh*

Then that ever vigilant carefree tune and smile about him returned.

"So youve not been far from the Ruins. Why not did not the wonderlust and curiosity grab you too. I mean all this to search and explore."

patting his hands against his thys lightly as he walks following some musical tune.