Searching for his Roots

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=darkred:1l6t6be0]Majeir walked with him, watching around them I listening for intruders. She smiled at his comment and answered, "No monsters? Psh! Wait and see. I've only kept the area closest to Chaulssin clean - monsters do not come near my territory anymore. But." She inclined her head & continued, "That is about to change in the next few miles."

Reaching an area where she had to pick her way carefully through the rubble of a rockslide obviously caused by an explosion, she said almost to herself and with a raised eyebrow, "This is much easier to fly through... "

Then she continued talking to Sol, "All of dragonkind is territorial, even if you're only talking half breeds. We do not have wanderlust once we have what we want. Almost all dragons desire treasure, but when you add another type of blood to the mix, as in a half-breed, then sometimes there is a serious clash of needs and wants." She arched an inky black eyebrow on her ebony face as she looked at him, "Consider the current oddity. I - never having wanderlust - have just agreed to travel with a musical purple elf. What an interesting sight this must be... perhaps the monsters we encounter will take pause at such an odd sight long enough for us to destroy them utterly." She smiled her black smile.

"Why are you humming that tune? Does it have to do with the golems you left behind in Chaulssin? And why were they picking up rubble?" [/color:1l6t6be0]
Elrohir
Regular

Sol *hahah just realized Shit Outta Luck* Sol

Post by Elrohir »

Perking a Lavandar Eye brow as the mention of monsters to come was hopefully promiseing. Even tho he could consider the Half drow half dragon as much a monster as the demon he hunts. (went back through written logs of what happend its a Balor Demon Not a Devil)

"I would surely hope we meet some soon.... Maby...."

He Draws two fingers vertically through the air before him. A Woosh of air sweapt his hair infront of his face adding that strange sordid attractiveness of Mystery. He physically opend up the space before him reaching inside He searched for something. Reaching so far inside that half his body disapeared leaving nought but an ass and two legs wraped in Soft Dark Leather, standing on toes. Then back again as out he came from the extradimensional space wiiiiittthhhhh a Ukilayly *SP* (the tiny Hawaiian gutar looking thing) *imagin the knights who say neep from monty Python and the holy grail if you havent seen it. Then it is a sad day you must see it. God comands you to find the Holy Grail hahaha*

"This tune? *Begins play on his new instrament* its whats inside me I play what my soul tells me to play. It helps me Keep at peace with my self."

As she mentioned the Golems he left back in Chaulssin.

"It was a mess i thought it needed to be cleaned up. And to be clear they arnt particualaly golems. Golems are works of art created through long and ardious Magical rituals. Those would be more like Elementals but not exactly either. They arnt sentiant More like Animated mounds of earth with a singular set of comands. Once there comand is done they wait for their next."

Playing the tune as a string of diffrent cords and melodies that blend in harmony with each other. The simple joy of the music would lighten even the coldests hearts.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:3e1e05ka]Majeir paused in absolute curiosity when Sol half-disappeared from view. She blinked back amusement at the view. Then she arched a delicate black eyebrow at the mention of the golems & the "needed" cleaning. She shook her head in amusement & waited, then listened quietly while they walked.

A few minutes into the walk & Majeir felt a strange sense of anxiety. Her senses began to scream "Danger!" She glanced about with her excellent infravision & began to note differentiations in the rock around them. "Damn! We're already surrounded!" she cried to Sol as she willed her wings back into being. "Fomorians!"

As suddenly as she spouted out the curse, several very ugly giants stepped out, brandishing various weapons. Majeir leapt into the air & roared a terrible sound, streaking toward the nearest giant & lashing with her huge clawed hands.[/color:3e1e05ka]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

(OOC: What are the creatures exactly)

IC: His tune was silenced by instrament as Droped to the ground Scribeing another circle on the ground. Chanting some arcane mumbles softly. Swirling his hands around the circle it begain to glow as did his hands that same errie violet almost black light color. and a ball of the glowing flameing energy formed within his hands as his chant became more erratic letting loose the ball of energy it shot into the air above him then plunged into the ground smack dab in the middle of the circle. All went silent for a moment as time seemed to stand still for an instant.

The earth begain to quake and from the area of the circle begain to crack.

The cloaked mage scuffled back from from the growing crevice. A Smile of Triumph crossed his face. Reaching out his right hand a Plain Adamantine rod came from his belt and came to his hand. Bursting forward in a dashing sprint, leaping across the growing chasim The Rod became ablaze with a green and red flameThe green emmitting out of the top end and the red out the bottom Chargeing twords the first giant. but not yet in reach.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=green:2ru3l3vy]Fomorian Giants: As the batwinged screaming drowlike creature approached him in a full frontal assault, the giant sidestepped - rather quickly for a malformed bipedal creature - and swung his club like a batter crashing a ball to homerun.[/color:2ru3l3vy] [color=darkred:2ru3l3vy]The flying menace bared elongating black fangs, slipped her wings close to her body & arcing them so that she spun in an aerial spin, much like that of a combat fighter jet.[/color:2ru3l3vy] [color=green:2ru3l3vy]His club smacked the ground, crushing the rock it hit & cracking the club.[/color:2ru3l3vy] [color=darkred:2ru3l3vy]She reached him faster than he could react & raked her claws across his face, plucking his eyes out in a curiously graceful maneuver before soaring up & deftly lashing him across the throat with a barbed tail that appeared out of nowhere.[/color:2ru3l3vy] [color=green:2ru3l3vy]The giant crashed to his knees on the floor, grabbing his spraying throat & dying as he slid down into forever darkness.

The giant being charged by what could only be a purple elf gaped in wonder for an instant too long, then tried to bring his axe up to fling it at the creature. [/color:2ru3l3vy]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

A Wailing moan spewed forth from the depths of the chasim created by the Purple Elf. An erre pale green light burned from within. As a Black hand reached up from within. Followed by another. Then another and another hand Arose from the pit. Crawling from the depths of this foul pit. Bodies of fallen drow Rising from there eternal slumber as Zombies. Tho these sombies wernt as the mindless droneing zombies. They were after all Drow in their previous life. These zombies ran with the grace of normal drow and fought with the precision. The first pair *Two males* favoreing dual long/short sword styles. Both took up the charge behind Sol. As two more pair of hands rise from the pit.

The Leading Chargeing Purple Elf begain to whirl his blade about his body green and red fire light illuminateing his near area. The blades whirling about conected with the hurled Axe. The Broad Streight Material mass of the Red flameing blade Caught the Haft of the axe slowing and redirecting some of the momentum of the axe. Redirecting it up and forward at a 60 degree angle. The Elfes charge flowed into a whirling cyclone. As He leaped further into the air. Catching the head of the redirected axe With the rings on the back side of the Wide curved Blade of the Green Flame. (Red:Viking Broad sword/Green: Chinese Broad sword. Famous for the nine rings on the back side of the blade.) Hurling the axe blade with increadible force *Generated by the gyrateing spins) back at the Giant Formorian. Mainly just aiming for the center mass of the creature. Soon to follow behind the axe Was the purple elf Spinning with great speed. His blade slightly askew but mostly Horazontal with the Upper mid section near the neck area.

((OOC:You are comanding this battle so you tell me if it hits or not.)))))
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=green:27bfuxjw]Giant being attacked by whirling purple elf: The giant tried backing up but tripped over his own gnarled foot and tumbled backward. He never arose, for the redirected axe moved more quickly than he did & lodged itself deep in his chest.[/color:27bfuxjw]

[color=darkred:27bfuxjw]Majeir spied another giant hefting an axe & dropped like a stone onto his back, sinking her claws into his neck & shoulders & her teeth into his neck.[/color:27bfuxjw][color=green:27bfuxjw] The giant moved with astonishing speed & grabbed her by a wing, ripped her off his back & whipped her in a circle around his head once before releasing her with great force into the nearest stalagmite. She crashed into it with a sickening crunch of bone & slammed to the ground, unmoving. [/color:27bfuxjw]

[color=green:27bfuxjw]The other giants took one look at the force of undead drow behind the whirling purple elf, recognizing instantly that they were outmatched by an army of their most hated & frightening foe, drow... but more devastating was that they were undead! The giants scattered back into the holes from whence they came, shrieking curses & flinging back fear, some dying as they ran by the blades of the undead drow that followed behind them.[/color:27bfuxjw]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

As now eight Undead drow warriors spewed forth from the Chasim as it begain to die down in its glow. Twelve undead drow warriors variying in Male and female, stalked behind their summoner As the giants begain to flee. Sol stoped his Whirling attack not abruptly but gradually slowing in momentum. The two blades winked out of existance from the length of the ordinary Adamantine rod. He placed it back within his belt. Picking up his now broken Ukelele. He frowned for a moment before he whistled to his undead minions.

The minions Gave chase to the formorian giants. Never to be seen again.

"Well that was entertaining."

Turning to notice that his new companion lay unconsious and lookeing to be broken.

"Lass are you alright."

Moveing twords the intreagueing draconic woman he had met just earlier in the hours.

"Majere?"

Takeing a moment to examin her wounds.

"Hmmmm a mighty boast to have taken and cleared out the lands around Chaulssin but to have been so duped by those mangy beasts. Alas it is not your time my new friend."

Takeing out a pale blue teardrop shaped crystal he placed it upon her Chest. Shoveing the pointed end into her. The crystal would desolve imediately by liquifying and absorbing into the flesh. Rejovenateing the body and mind.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Majeir

[color=darkred:24og5k8i]Majeir responded almost immediately & very explosively to the object placed on her chest: Her unconscious state changed oh-so-suddenly to a roaring rage, her eyes blazing a glowing red-orange (very uncharacteristic of the black glittering darkness that was usually her eyes) and her body began to shift with an ethereal darkness to it. It was almost like watching a new shapeshifter becoming a lycanthrope, but her form grew so quickly to shadow dragon. She was very large and it was a good thing that the cavern was so large!

And for the first time, her form was not completely that of a solid dragon. Wispy edges lined her form... and she stared about her with eyes that had begun to simmer from glowing charcoal back to dark jewels. Eyeing the purple elf, she stated in a deep rumbling voice, "Thank you Sol, I believe that was my first out-of-body experience. What an odd sensation it is to see my own body. What was that you put on my chest, I wonder." But that was not a question.

She grinned, if a dragon could grin with no lips to speak of, and her teeth looked positively gigantic. There was just enough room for her to stretch one wing at a time so she did, reveling in the new strength, seeing the shadows finally define her being, as they should have from the day she was born.

Eyes wide she said, "I owe you far more than you can know - a life debt combined with a skill I should have always had." Thinking, she added with a deep chuckle, "I wonder what other things I might learn from you. Or perhaps I should just see first, mm?"

Majeir stretched forth one enormous clawed hand & silently breathed forth a ball of darkness to appear within it, then concentrated with every fiber of her being & shaped the darkness into the form of a drow. She held it for a moment, waiting to see if it would dissipate, then laughed a deep booming dragon laugh as she set down the misty black form... it held! "It seems that perhaps whatever you did to me may have healed the breach between my body & soul."

Majeir eyed the gossamer drow for a moment longer before swiping her naturally bladed paw through the mist, which evanesced before their eyes. Turning to Sol, she inhaled deeply and then blew out her dark breath as she melted slowly back into her own drow shape. "Amazing!" she gasped with her smooth caramel voice. [/color:24og5k8i]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Smileing widely as he steped back in hurried retreat from the growing draconic form.

*Whispering more to himself then any*
"Nice, perfect form alittle thin. but better then any as of yet. Claws curved and sharp."

The whisteling tune returned upon his lips as he moved about the cavern.

"That was pure White and blue Mana in its crystalized form. I had not truely expected such to happen. But you were hurt and in need of healing. I could not see just leaving you here to die with those giants."

He turned from her as she returned to her humanoid shape. WHisteling once more walking back down the direction they were heading.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=darkred:3b173vii]Majeir turned & eyed Sol. "A little thin?!?" she queried in mock outrage. "Whaddaya mean 'a little thin'??" She strode to him, "Yes, sharp hooked claws... PERFECT for rendering you limbless!" Tossing her thick black hair over one shoulder, she grinned her black smile, eyes positively glittering with mirth & repeated with quiet amusement, "A little thin..."

"Crystallized blue & white mana, hm? I've seen red mana used for destruction on a mass scale... simply devastating. I figured it came in other colors, but you have to be able and willing to use the others... and some are inaccessible to certain, unlikable & unapproachable characters..." She thought for a moment, then she walked with Sol down the passageway. "I've even seen a vampire use mana to cast magic ... and I thought it was impossible for them to access other than to further support their undying bodies, but then I was very young... perhaps only 30 or 40 years of age at the time." Her thoughts seemed to turn inward for a moment & she said in nearly a whisper, "Very young indeed... I do wonder what happened to that one. I have not seen him for literally ages."

She walked in silence after that, but kept her wings this time around, knowing that the appearance of a half dragon / half drow would be far more frightening to the denizens of the Underdark than a single drow travelling with a purple elf. (Although, she growled to herself, it would be damned difficult to NOT attract anything with that infernal whistling he insisted upon doing!) Aloud, she said, "Well, let's see what's next, oh musical elf friend."[/color:3b173vii]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

As they headed away and down the tunnel

[color=darkred:1gh5k42d]"HMMMMM interesting indeed." A voice deep and burning like the coals of the forge. "Another Shaper none unto like my self. I must see where this one stands. But First a test of skill..... HEHEHEHEHE."[/color:1gh5k42d]

From the furthest reaches of the cavern Kaervek the Merciless Watched the two unlikely pair Venture further down into the darkness.

****Back with Sol and Majere****

"Well Mana does have its own unique atributes. I beleive it was the blue that sparked the mutation or shall we say evoloution. The White mana being a mana of healing probably sparked the rapid regeneration. But being that you are a creature of the dark. you were harmed by the white mana as well sapping out your form. You should be carefull. A beast of Shadow filled with the mana of light. It is strange however that you reacted to the mana in such away. Thats the real puzzle."

The Elf begain to humm to himself as he pondered to the darkness above.

"I beleive we were heading for Menzoberanzzan. So I assume that would be where we are heading off to. :)" *Chuckles*

****Just ahead further down the tunnels****

[color=darkred:1gh5k42d]"Tysti thys thyr shaer os caer. Shol sai shaes karol saer shor Caelor Thosi. Jhys Eirydaer Ai mestyl Os Caer shaer." *Arcane mumbo Jumbo*

From the Burning red circle Her marked an infernal sign upon the ground and it begain to glow and spew forth in flames Hounds of Hell. Great beasts burning red eyes and smokey breath. Four beasts asembled and awaited theire summoners comand.

"Go forth my Hell Hounds let us see what these two can do."

A black tongue licked deep dark red lips. Kaervek smiled His toothy grin at the comeing fun he was about to amuse.

[/color:1gh5k42d]

From down the corrador the smell of sulfer and ash whafted under his nose.

"Shhhhh."

He stoped abruptly holding back his companion. He took another smell of the air.

"Sulfur. This could be bad...... Be sure to protect me. I need a few minutes."

He turned to Majere.

"Majere dear I know we have just met and all but i have to ask Do you trust me?

From the distance a faint glow of red can be seen.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

As they headed away and down the tunnel

[color=darkred:35298nuu]"HMMMMM interesting indeed." A voice deep and burning like the coals of the forge. "Another Shaper none unto like my self. I must see where this one stands. But First a test of skill..... HEHEHEHEHE."[/color:35298nuu]

From the furthest reaches of the cavern Kaervek the Merciless Watched the two unlikely pair Venture further down into the darkness.

****Back with Sol and Majere****

"Well Mana does have its own unique atributes. I beleive it was the blue that sparked the mutation or shall we say evoloution. The White mana being a mana of healing probably sparked the rapid regeneration. But being that you are a creature of the dark. you were harmed by the white mana as well sapping out your form. You should be carefull. A beast of Shadow filled with the mana of light. It is strange however that you reacted to the mana in such away. Thats the real puzzle."

The Elf begain to humm to himself as he pondered to the darkness above.

"I beleive we were heading for Menzoberanzzan. So I assume that would be where we are heading off to. :)" *Chuckles*

****Just ahead further down the tunnels****

[color=darkred:35298nuu]"Tysti thys thyr shaer os caer. Shol sai shaes karol saer shor Caelor Thosi. Jhys Eirydaer Ai mestyl Os Caer shaer." *Arcane mumbo Jumbo*

From the Burning red circle Her marked an infernal sign upon the ground and it begain to glow and spew forth in flames Hounds of Hell. Great beasts burning red eyes and smokey breath. Four beasts asembled and awaited theire summoners comand.

"Go forth my Hell Hounds let us see what these two can do."

A black tongue licked deep dark red lips. Kaervek smiled His toothy grin at the comeing fun he was about to amuse.

[/color:35298nuu]

From down the corrador the smell of sulfer and ash whafted under his nose.

"Shhhhh."

He stoped abruptly holding back his companion. He took another smell of the air.

"Sulfur. This could be bad...... Be sure to protect me. I need a few minutes."

He turned to Majere.

"Majere dear I know we have just met and all but i have to ask Do you trust me?

From the distance a faint glow of red can be seen.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=darkred:n8gadty1]Majeir listened to Sol and silently wondered what new abilities she possessed since the mana "rejuvenated" her beyond its "normal" capacity. She was not concerned about the white portion of the mana sapping her in any way. She had enough experience to know that though she was a dark-hearted creature, a natural-born dragon blood of the Underdark, the white properties of the mana would not have the power to hurt her simply because of the natural power of her dragon blood. She was very old, after all, and she mused that though her form may have looked "thin" to Sol, she knew that having the ethereal edges meant she had finally taken on the full capacity of her shadow dragon heritage. She cocked her head and looked sideways at Sol, ready to reply and then she noted a scent... a scent that she knew so well... the scent of something she recognized as clearly as the smell of blood...

Majeir smelled the sulphur & grinned in anticipation. Something out there had decided to meet them, and judging from the scent(s) there was more than one. She discerned at least five creatures, though one smelled differently than the others. Scent, not such a large thing for her until now... she had been practically unaware of the nature of scent, very much like a regular drow. She thought to herself as she began to open her wings for flight, "Perhaps the mana crystal has given me more attributes than I know."

Then she came back to the present, realizing that Sol had just asked her a very interesting question. So shocking, this question: 'Did she trust him?' She simply stopped moving and looked at him in expressionlessly. The word, "Trust" simply had never existed for her... or any of her kind for that matter. Ever. But. ... ... She knew she had no time to formulate thought, no matter what they faced the creatures were from the plane of the Abyss - she had no time for such fancies. Sol had saved her life, yet he had used something that might sap her in some way, yet he had admitted that to her as well. She was airborne in an instant - she thought about things better in the air anyway: A split second decision & she alit next to him again.

"Yes." She nodded to him, "I trust you. For now. There is the issue of you knowing, possibly, that the white mana would sap me... and whether or not that is on purpose. But I would much rather be the one to deal you death than allow these coming creatures to do it... and there are more than one. I smell five. I do not intend to kill you now, but I will want answers after this. Tell me what you need from me now."[/color:n8gadty1]
Last edited by Drathir murrpau on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=indigo:3dgs2ag0]He levitated to the air at the level Majeir was.

"Thank you Majeir."

He was close to you now so close that his next words were but a whisper.

"Forgive me tho for this is going to sting."[/color:3dgs2ag0]

Then it hits you a sharp stabbing pain accompanied with the OOOOFFFF!!!! of being hit in the stomach. A dark sensation filled your body flowing over her like hot seductive lust. Dark Tempting magic now flowed through her body. An Unholy strength now invigorated Majere's body.

****Mean While****

The Ominous red glow grew brighter as the yelps of the hounds of hell now rang through the caverns. Chargeing into view Ash laping at their nostrils. Cresting the small uprising cleft ledge Stood a Creature cloaked in Dark red armor and cape. His body seemed to mirrage as heat burned about his body. To view him in the infrared spectrum would be possibly permanently blinding. The figure did however seem to be waveing his hands about in the same matter as Sol Did. Speaking of Sol where has that purple elf gone too.

[color=indigo:3dgs2ag0]Off in the back of the cavern That same violet fire wreathed the Purple elf as he was fast at work traceing circles and sputtering arcane mutterings. Two more rifts opend pouring out a torrent of small undead skeletons. It seemed like hundreds of the small crab like crawling bone skeletons. They begin to stack upon the tops of them selves forming barricades at diagonals to create a funnel.[/color:3dgs2ag0]

[color=darkred:3dgs2ag0]Three red circles became ablaze infront of the strange spell caster Erupting in flames from the earth stood three Knights One Weilding a Searing spear, A Flameing Longsword and a Burning Sheild.

"My Knights Askari Defend me."

The burning chruning Voice of ash spewed as the knights took up defenceive positions infront of the Caster. The Hounds are now within striking distance as they open their mouths to let loose burning flames and clouds of ash[/color:3dgs2ag0]

The shape of the bone wall funnels the attacks into a central blaze but also doing considerable damage to it. More of those bone creatures begain to fill in the gaps of the wall and repair it. The excess begain to shape them selves into attacking styled creatures with sharp bladed tallons for hands. Two creatures had formed now as the Hounds round out for another blast. this time all four of them will be blasting.

((((OOC: Im sorry for this crap post i had made a really good one but lost it due to being on to long and being inactive on the server. I hope you can use this one.)))