Among Your Own Kind [Aka, I'm new, lets be friends! <3]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Among Your Own Kind [Aka, I'm new, lets be friends! <3]

Post by Laelithra »

[i:13ol1kwe]"Go now, to the south. There lies a colony of those loyal to Eilistraee, those of your own kind. There you will find a safe hiding place, I'm certain. Play your cards well, and they will never figure you for what you are."

"But what of Pry?"

"Worry not about the pidgeon, but your own safety. There isn't much time. Be gone."
[/i:13ol1kwe]

The conversation had been held nearly 2 long months ago, but the fear still beat afresh in her heart, and Laelithra H'laneld knew that she wouldn't soon be returning to the south. Such fear was unsettling, and the drow was quite unaccustomed to it. The fear for what had been left behind had diminished, but fear for what lay ahead only seemed to grow with each new step.

These drow she walked towards were only her sisters in that they shared common features. What hope could an ex-disciple of Lolth and ex-servant of evil expect to find amongst the Eilistraeens? Perhaps they wouldn't shoot on sight. Hmm. Enterprising.

Now after much travel and toil she'd found herself on the fringe of the forest. Their forest. The place where her own kind dwelled, and where she hoped to find a haven. Laelithra took an unceremonious first step into the wood, keeping her eyes and ears open.

Much like the rest of her kin, Laelithra's large red eyes were framed by long white lashes, perched under silvery brows that often lent themselves to frowning. Her skin was a slate grey, and her long white locks fell straight to her waist with a light smattering of bangs, tucked amongst her long pointed ears. Not particularly tall or short, fat or thin, she filled out her armor well enough, and her soft soled hunter's boots allowed her to walk nice and quietly. A thick black cloak of threadbare velvet was thrown over her shoulders, yet clinging to the scent of its former, dead owner. Her only weapon and lifelong companion was strapped firmly around her hips. The long sword that her mother had given her, so many many years ago in the temple of Lolth, in Menzobarenzen. Marked with spiders and her House's crest, it had remained her constant favorite. She would not soon part with it.

Whether she walked to her own death or salvation, she couldn't say. But still Laelithra persisted and walked on, ready to take what the Elistraeens would give her.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

The woman sat underneath a tree, a flute cradled softly between her two hands as she rested her head back against the strong bark of the tree. Amber locks rolled down her back as she did so, catching the light of the sun and sparkling in a thousand ways. Her amber gaze, so unusual for one of her kind flitted throughout the tops of the trees as she scanned the area. An aura of calm surrounded the human woman, giving any who saw her a sense of true happiness.

She reached behind her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her and gazed up at the sky. She glanced behind the tree without turning her head, sensing someone near. The watcher took up her flute and began playing a tune, both haunting and beautiful at the same time. The song seemed to [i:2uo2ma43] say [/i:2uo2ma43] something to Laelithra, urging her to come to the music. The soft chirping of the birds only added to its mystique.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

Laelithra could not deny the tune that greeted her keen ears compelled something in her heart. It was so soothing, and yet something within it cautioned her, told her to be wary. Tucking the cloak closer to her body, she continued forward, although the tingling of her skin beneath her leather armor made it all the more unnerving. More fear? Unheard of!

She pressed her snowy lashes together, closing her eyes to the world. Her keen ears followed the melody, unaided.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

The song was a simple one, designed to put fear and unrest in the hearts of those who were not meant in the glade, and to put calm and happiness in the hearts of those who had come to the glade in search of a better way of life.

The shadow of a smile played around the flute-player's lips as she continued on with her song, sensing that Laelithra was near.

The song would decide if she was worthy.

Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

Everything ceased in her mind. Even her breathing became far off and distant, while the melody seemed to only grow and draw her in, becoming louder and louder.
And still she was filled with the strange combination of placid warmth, and a strange nagging unease that was as distant as her breath and footfall, at times. The only piece of the madness that remained constant was how compelled every inch of her body felt to go forward.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{OOC: Sorry if the posts seem to drag - hopefully my mind'll be less ruined tomorrow =P}
IC:
Eyelids closed over amber irises as the music-player became a part of the song as well. Her mind danced as her fingers did, playing the tune faster.

All around the forest, things seemed to become more lively, more ... real.

And still the woman played, not giving a thought to anything but her music, although she was conscious of Laelithra.

Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

{{Quite alright! I'm just glad someone showed up xD Someone who writes so well too!}}

It felt as though many little strings, the warm chords of the music, were tugging her at limbs and joints, pulling her from her silent footfall into something more of a sprint mixed with a skip. To feel so dizzy and so detached was not uncommon for the daughter of a priestess to Lolth, but to feel such inner warmth and strength within the chaos was a new feeling entirely.

"Who's there..?"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{Awww, Thank you! ^^}

She heard the words spoken aloud, but did not acknowledge them. The song had taken a faster beat, and it needed her full concentration. On and on, she played, waiting for the moment that the music would either cast Lealithra away, or bring her in towards the Dark Maiden.

On and on, she played.

Elrohir
Regular

Hiya Hope ya dont mind another to play?

Post by Elrohir »

OOC: Hiya ppls hope you dont mind another to play. XD )

IC: Soft blades of grass grazed under his bare feet. The sound of The dark maidens song played through the air. A smile played his lips as it always did when he visited the forrest of Eilistraee. THo none claimed his faith spiritually. He had made friends with the followers of the dark maiden many many years ago. Walking with a weathered and well worn and used Red oak staff Wraped in leather and the ends twined in Rose Briar. Clad in Little but a pair of black poofy cotton pants. About his waist a red silk sash. Two Grey wooden Bracers form his arms. His shins were wraped tightly in Leather and cotton. His feet bare as is his chest and head. Tho about his neck sat an intreaguingly interesting Rainbow Python. Its size is unknown as its coiled about The strange. Spike Haired Drow. A brown cloth satchel rests across his left shoulder cross ways to put the bag on his right hip.

Comeing to view of the Fluitist He leaned gently against a nearby tree. Lightly humming the tune. Noticing the womans compleat concentration on the song he chose not to disturbe her. Tho his ears perked to the femanine voice comeing from across his way.

[i:4edgq6p6]No point in hideing now shes brings enough attention to her self. If things turned out wrong I can atleast lend Gaia's Aid to the darkmaidens Beautiful Fluitist.[/i:4edgq6p6]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

The music drifted softly through the forest. The Ranger halts his horse, though the creature stamps a little in impatience. The Ranger sits comfortably in the saddle atop the grey. It was a swift horse, a gift from his master back home, accustomed to running messages to far-flung parts of the realm. But now, for a while, the Rider was at his leisure, though he had been sent on a mission, it was not a time-dependent one.

"Shhh." His voice is soft and smooth, calming the eager horse. "Calm yourself, Ardeth. Just listen for a moment." The horse nickers softly, restraining her enthusiasm.

The music calls to him a little, but only because he hears it with Drow ears. No religious faith stirs in him at the lilt of the notes wafting through the trees, but he finds the music enjoyable nonetheless. He was not a true devotee of the Lady of the Dance, though he appreciated what little guidance she gave him.

"Let's go say 'hullo', shall we?"

With that, the Ranger turns the grey toward the source of the sound and eases her into a comfortable walk, knowing the flute's high voice doesn't carry well in the thick trees.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

{{Welcome, you two! x3 Pleased ta meetcha}}

[i:6v8puy35]What is this spell you lay down upon me?[/i:6v8puy35] Laelithra wondered this as she continued in her dreamlike state, bewitched by the song even more so than she had once been by the call of a Yochol, in the halls of her Mother's citadel. She'd known that the Elistraeens were keepers of strange ways, but how could their wood alone be so enchanted?

She feared that she'd lose her tie to the very earth she stood upon in the wake of the song's pull. And there it was, a horse. Laelithra focused upon its soft nickering. [i:6v8puy35]I'm not yours for the taking.[/i:6v8puy35]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

((OOC: Nice to meetcha too lass))

IC: Awknologing the other two with a simple nod as the song had them all enraptured by its melody. If only he had his Fiddleto join in the tune with more then just the light hum he could play with the song. The others approaching did not bother him as he knew that those here were no threat as of yet.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{Welcome, Elrohir and Baravar, hope you fun fun in the RP ^^}

IC:
As Amber played her music, she felt others watching her. Her eyelids drifted open, and she saw a familiar face - one she had no name for, but one she'd seen often.

She continued to play, waiting to see if Laelithra would come to her, waiting to see if the music would enthrall her.

And so, when she heard the soft nicker of a horse, and the humming of the Drow near her, she did not stop. Not until the one she played for stepped forward.

Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

And then there it was, the one driving note that snapped her thin, evanescent line that bound the drow's body to her mind. And she was carried away, her heart all but torn from her chest and lifted on high. Never the sort to be a dancer, anyone who had known her prior to this odd scene in the glade would have been shocked to see her hop forward in time with the music not unlike a young deer. With arms stretched back, the song deposited her beneath the songstress' tree, where the dark elf stood still, yet bewitched.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

A quieted bow to the New female to whome had seemingly hoped a dance to her spot nere the musician. An apple fell from the tree above him and he caught it and took a bite with a smile as he awaited to see if it was the end of the show before he aplauded.