To Live Again

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

To Live Again

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

There have been rumors floating around nearby human settlements for the past month since the report of a dragon landing in the deep woods where drow are often spotted. Supposedly the witness who reported the sighting also spotted a blind drow female bathing in the river where the dragon landed while the beast watched over her.
Of course, when adventurers were dispatched to investigate the claim the only sign that was found of the dragon were trees knocked over and a few crushed rocks were the creature had supposedly laid while it kept watch over the blind female under the midday sun.
A search took place over a number of days, weeks even, and some of the local Eilistraeean drow were alerted to the rumor by grateful farmers and hunters who they had helped in that area. But for the most part, the dragon was never seen again after that day and the female had vanished into the deep woods.

Narsia had managed to hide herself well during the daylight hours when the forest was most active, using what she could of the terrain to hide herself and staying away from any trails that looked like they had been used recently by anything other than animals. It wasn't hard for her to travel during the day, unlike most drow born and raised in the World Below like she was, for her sight was guarded by a black silk blindfold enspelled to let her see the world under the sun as she would if it were the dead of night, and the sun were the moon. It was that blindfold that made the hunter who spotted her think that she was blind, though it was not entirely untrue. One eye she lost the use of, but the other still worked and Narsia was not willing to risk it by adjusting to the sunlight if she did not have to.
At this time she had stopped at a somewhat familiar place, a place she knew well, but hardly recognized with how the years had changed it. The entrace to the Underdark where she had first emerged was now sealed over with a large boulder and overgrown with plants. The tree she had used for shelter, through whose branches she had first glimpsed the searing radiance of the full moon, had long since become just a fallen log. It boggled her mind to think that things could change so much in the time she was gone. Near nothing ever changed in the Underdark, and where she had been for so long all she had known was snow, wind and the blinding sun. She knew this was the place where she had met those other drow and that male who had saved her life, but so much was different that she wondered if she had perhaps been gone a millennium or two, as she had never been able to keep track of time on that mountain where she stayed with her dear friend.
Narsia looked up to the sky, toward the North and sighed as regret washed over her. Silvi, her white dragon comrade was gone now. She could probably have made it back to the mountain, but the immortal beast had brought her back to this forest because she asked her to. Going back would have made the favor worthless.

"But why am I even here?" she muttered to herself aloud as she turned from the sealed off cave and began walking through the trees again. True enough, she could survive here, she was no novice when it came to hunting and knew the woodlands were abundant in edibles, but she had been merely surviving this whole time. What she'd come back here for was a purpose, but what she had no idea. She had no god to guide her, not even Silvi could persuade her to accept the gods, and her only friend was probably back in her lair by now, sleeping on a bed of fine silks that they once shared. The thought made her sad, made her feel so alone.

Having nothing else to do, Narsia drew deeper into the woods to escape the uncomfortable heat of the spring afternoon under a thick canopy of trees.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt walked out from behind one of the trees, "What are you doing here?" He asked, his hands on his weapons
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek remembered this place. He remembered every tree, and every path as though he had made them himself. This place held strange memories for him. He remembered the drow, the life he had saved in the name of Eilistraee.

A strong impulse had told him to go back to this place where long ago, he'd saved the life of a drow. If his father ever found out about such things...Malek only grinned at the thought.

Now he was back. Things were different, however. The locals had spoken about a drow and a dragon. There was evidence to support the dragon sighting, but Malek was sure that if it was still here he would have noticed by now. It wasn't a very big forest. Now he looked for evidence of the drow, if there was any to be found.

Then he saw it. A footprint, a females footprint, either adolescent human or adult elven. Most likely elven due to the lightness of the step. The footprints faded a ways off, but Malek found other signs to guide his progress towards this quarry.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Stopping, Narsia turns and stares at Zazzt through her blindfold. Her expression is hard to read without the benefit of seeing her eyes, but she appears unphased despite the threatening nature of the male's stance.

She leans back and crosses her arms over her chest, resting against a tree and looks the male up and down slowly. A smarter creature who was as unarmed and unskilled as she would be afraid for their lives, but hers is a demeanor of one who is either very confident, or simply does not care about the threat to her life.

"What business is it of yours, you who is so rude and threatens me with little provocation?" Narsia scoffs and rolls her covered eyes. "As if one of your kind would need a reason."

She spits on the ground at the wizard's feet and points to him, saying "I do not answer to you, or any drow!" with clear hate, resentment and bitterness in her voice as though she does not even consider herself one of her own kind.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Be that as it may, you intrude upon my home. And I am not trying to be overly rude. it is just the fact of seeing a drow was... unnerving. Once again, I appologize." He said, trying to diffuse the situation.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek, hearing the echoes of raised voices, was now sure of who was here. Based on the tone, it sounded like trouble. He picked up his pace so that he could help stop a conflict. Increasing the distance he looked ahead of himself for signs that pointed the way, he ban to run.

When he finally reached the place where the two were, he saw no fight, and relaxed. Yes, that was her. The young drow, whose life he'd saved those ears ago. Still wary of the moon elf, he stepped into plain view of Narsia.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt heard a slight rustle behind him and saw a moonelf standing there, he calmed a lot, "Ah, another elf. Perhaps you could help me with the drow, should things come to blows, of course."
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Though she is bitter, spiteful, resentful even, Narsia is not without responsibility for her actions or remorse for her harsh reaction. She falls silent and lowers her head in shame and what might be taken as embarrassment.

"Forgive me, please, I fear my years in the mountains have given me too much time to feed my bitterness. From a wasteland covered in darkness to one covered in snow, I have had much time to nurture old grudges and paranoia."

she gives a wave of her hand then to dismiss the matter herself, then pushes off the tree and begins walking away again.

"Worry not, I do not intend to linger in your home."

Then she hears the sound of movement and senses the presence of another, confirmed by Zazzt's speaking. She turns, spies Malek and her bound eyes widen beneath their cover. She even lifts up one side, exposing the blood ruby red of her good eye, wincing from the light and then quickly covering it up again.

"Be dammed." she mumbles under her breath, then chuckles some to herself. "What irony seeing you here, after all this time." she says to Malek with a shake of her head.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek, walking forward, was addressed by the moon elf. As response, he shot him a glare. He watched Narsia pull up her blindfold. When he first saw it, he was confused. Hadn't he healed her eye when they'd met, those years ago? Relief flooded through him when he saw her good eye.

"Hello. It is, indeed, strange that I felt called here by Eilistraee." He smiled as he walked to her, making sure to keep a safe distance between himself and the moon elf. "You never told me your name. I only recognize you because of your voice."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt stepped back, allowing the two, seemingly old, aquantinces have their discussion. His hands still rested on the hands of his scimitars, but the expression on his face was totally unthreatening, realizing that if things came to blows, he would be outnumbered and his only chance at survival was a quick get-away.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

There is a moment of silence as Narsia stares at Malek through the enchanted silk binding, but when he mentions his goddess the female bristles and she seems to tense up slightly as if sudenly made uncomfortable by that.

"I can only guess what she expected you to do when you got here." Narsia breathes, her words sounding bitter, but not hateful as she turns back to Zazzt and offers him a half bow before turning away and walking back the way she came, then forking off to the West. "As promised, I will not linger in your Home." she says to the male on her way, pausing beside Malek to look him over once and mutter under her breath, "My name no longer exists, I no longer exist."

And with those words she begins to walk away from the two males, giving discreet glances back at them as she walks away, deeper into the woods.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt walked after her, "Wait where are you going?" He called out
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Narsia stopped a short ways away and turned to cast bound eyes at the two males. For a long moment she just stared at them, then, with a heavy sigh she shook her head and began to walk away once again.

"I haven't a clue." she calls back, not stopping this time. "I cam here looking for a Path, but know not where to look for it. So I shall wander until I do."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek watched as she started to walk away. He knew that he'd made a mistake when she tensed at the name of his goddess.

"Everything has a name. From the smallest creature, to the most powerful god. Why should you be any different?" He smiled. "Don't think that you are strong enough to oppose nature." He paused. Thinking about what she said. Why not come with me? I, too, am a wanderer with no path other than to do good in my travels. Won't you join me on the Road?"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt turned back to the elf,"The Road, hmm... I don't believe I'm aware of it, but why not? I have nothing better to do."