Just Prowling...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:2pedyw2l]Drathir pinned Frost with a stare. She signed in drow, "Where exactly do you intend to take me & why do you have to shrink me to get there? Nevermind. There's a perfectly good one-way portal here that will allow us [u:2pedyw2l]all[/u:2pedyw2l] to reach the surface... if we can but get there, then I can leave Malek in safety & aid my Sisters. I will ask Malek what he wants to do; I will only come with you by shrinkage IF he doesn't desire to come with us."

Without waiting for a reply, she turned to Malek & signed, "Frost can only take one of us with him. I know what awaits you should anyone find that you aided me... I fear for your safety if you stay. There is a portal that can take us all to the surface. My Sisters are in trouble, driders on their tails - I must go to them & fight. You are welcome to join us. A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light."

With a wry grin she added, "Should you choose to return to here, you can always tell them that I elf-napped you." [/color:2pedyw2l]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek grinned at the idea of "elf-napping" and it was very hard for him to not laugh out loud. Pretending that he was thinking hard, he ran a hand back through his long, white hair. He grinned again and said, "I would like to come, but only if you'll agree to a date after your sisters are safe." He grinned as he walked towards them. He would join them whether she said yes or no, but he thought he'd try his luck.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:3b295oce]Drathir grinned back, one silvery eyebrow raised in amusement. Eyes dancing with mirth, she said, "Consider your location, Malek. With [u:3b295oce]that[/u:3b295oce] bold of an advance style toward females, I'd say you definitely should come with me if only to save your own hide!" [/color:3b295oce]
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

((OOC: Just figure I'll put my character in the same general vicinity, and proceed from there. ))

He pulls his piwafwi tighter around his body. It was always the same temperature here, even in the light of Narbondel, but that didn't make it comfortable, or fun.

The lone male wanders idly through the city, more-or-less unnoticed by the various House Guards. He was a lone male with no House in Menzoberranzan. He hardly looked like he posed a threat. That thought brings a smile to his obsidian lips as he meanders through the city. He hated this city with a passion. He hadn't been raised here, but he knew how the city functioned well enough, knowing his cousins. They were darker than he was, though that darkness had naught to do with the colour of their flesh.

Baravar wished better for his lost kindred than what the Spider Queen offered them. Mindless, unquestioning obedience was never the way forward. He smiles a little to himself at the irony of a deity of chaos being so lawful in the enforcing of her whims. But it is his desire to offer better to his brethren that he even bothers to make this unpleasant trip. He was no cleric, no sworn servant of Eilistraee. Indeed, he found his heart drew him closer to one of the gods of the Dragons. But even that philosophy told him that what he was doing was right and proper. And yet again, that doesn't make it more pleasant to do the job.

So he wanders the city, near the slums and slave markets, though now and again he wanders up through Narbondellyn, deft and silent. And it is there that he sees the high window with the flickering blue light within. That in itself was unusual. Most mages were careful to keep their small lights hidden, and few of them would spend magic on so gaudy a display of light. Gromph, perhaps, Jarlaxle more likely. But it was in an open window, and that would invite death. That meant it was worth investigating.

So, with another, final adjustment of the piwafwi, Baravar fades into a deep corner, watching the balcony in the House above.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

oOC.: (I hope you guys don't mind if I join, hmm? :) )

IC:[color=olive:igjhj0t3]+Vasrrina was seated beside an elaborately decorated table. She held herself proudly within the chair, her character expressed understood authority. Legs crossed with one hand lying in her lap, as the other tapped away upon the tableside. With nothing but welcomed stillness, it generated an echo heady rhythm. Her eyes slowly lingered towards Baravar Imrathiln, showing some slight acknowledgment of his presence.+[/color:igjhj0t3]

[color=olive:igjhj0t3]+The delicate brightness within “Menzoberranzan” painted shadows across her face. The caustic tune that her fingers played abruptly stopped their game and silence revisited. The soft, yet lethal hand smoothly moved to her lips to stifle a rather scornful sigh. Vasriina drank his appearance. She perceived his diminutive size, normal for a Drow male to hold such standards. With this, she leisurely stood up. Her stride was confident as she made her way about the table, fingertips stroking the tablecloth. Her emerald gaze was caste downward as she approached him nearer.+[/color:igjhj0t3]

[color=olive:igjhj0t3]+Within fifteen feet of Baravan Imrathiln, her long lashes lightened to expose her mesmeric stare. She halted in mid-step, tilting her head faintly as she shifted her weight. A spiteful, yet confusing, air resonated from him, she could sense it. Yet, the shrewd Vasriina was a defiant one, a smirk played across her lips with an egotistical expression. [i:igjhj0t3]‘What exactly is he thinking, I wonder?’[/i:igjhj0t3]the thought crept into her mind, as she curiously stared at this male drow as he succumbed to the comforts of darkness. A quiet laugh vibrated within her chest as she stepped out into the streets of "Menzoberranzan", her birthplace and true love. Vasriina began to walk.+[/color:igjhj0t3]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Welcome.

IC: Malek grinned. It had worked before, but he wasn't going to let her know that. Malek nodded warily to the fae, not really knowing what it was, but assuming that it wasn't going to lead him to his death. Turning to Drathir, he asked, "Where is this portal? Is it far?"

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:13c2bv0f]Drathir still held an amused look but she answered Malek, "The portal is near the outer wall in an abandoned building. If we can get out of this house without drawing attention, it shouldn't take me long to get my bearings so I know how far it is. So are you coming with? Or should I go with Frost?"[/color:13c2bv0f]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek thought for a moment, weighing their chances. His brow was furrowed and he scowled while he considered the options. "You should go with the fae, but tell me where the portal is so that I can join you on the surface. It will cause less disturbance for me to be seen alone than with a woman and a glowing blue speck. No disrespect intended."

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:3nzie1ur]Drathir considered Malek. Finally she said, "The portal is on the Blingdenstone side of Menzoberranzan. It is in an abandoned storage building & is well-hidden. Magic detection spells will not reveal it, but this will." She handed Malek her bracelet which had been in a hidden pocket of her clothing.

Then she added, "There are some other things you must know... First of all, only YOU will go through - no clothes, armor, or weapons will go with you. It is unidirectional, there is no coming back through it so you'd better be sure it is what you want. There is a key phrase you must say to activate the portal. Mark it & remember it exactly - "A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace and live beneath the sun again where trees and flowers grow."

Drathir did not add that the portal would only take someone with a good alignment. If there was any judge of character, this portal would be it... her Sisters guarding the portal would be the final judges. With a final smile at Malek, she began to turn away. Suddenly she turned back to him, touched his cheek and then hugged him, pulling away quickly. She turned to Frost & went with him.[/color:3nzie1ur]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

The tiny Fae squeeked with joy as he was finaly allowed to leave this place. How he hated the Lothite dwellings. How he missed the Frost covered window sills of his wonter wonderland.

[i:10sqhrib]Finaly after this mission i will be allowed back to my homeland.[/i:10sqhrib]

As the words were spoken about the portal to the surface he winced as he heard them for he only knew who else was hearing what was being said.

"Come we must hurrly servant of the dark maiden."

Fluttering before her face he drew forth a sword that to her size would seem like a toothpic. Speaking some words in a language even strange to her and her male companion. Touching her gently on the nose. She would become surrounded with the same blue light.

"Just let the magic roll over you and then you will be my size. And we can just fly out of the window."

((The magic will not work unless the subject is willing.))

*Meanwhile deep in the Claw rift caverns*

"Yes my pet If you only knew that I never had any intention of Freeing you back to your wintery world."

L'Venorik Streaa' stood within a small cavernous room Gazeing into a small crystal globe.

"And this news of a portal in Blingdenstone will prove Valuable to my own master. But for now I have other business to attend to."

The Assassin covered the ball and hid it within a small cubby in the quarters. And left with a few quiet words fadeing from view. Only to appear within the streats of Menzoberanzzans City proppor. Seeking his next target He prowled the city streets stalking like a true predator. If only those about him knew of his presence. The shift to the Ethreal plane made travel and infiltration all the more to his ease.

[i:10sqhrib]Vasriina Frerahel. I do so hate dealing with Clerics of that bitch of a spider humping harlot. No god will ever claim the Alegiance of L'Venoric Streaa. Why Jarlaxle wanted this one subdued I do not know. Its not my place to ask The Souls promised are well worth the dealings with a Female.[/i:10sqhrib]

Gliding along the streets as an invisable air. He spotted her walking with confidance as most pristess's do. Stalking her from behind. he waited and waited for the perfect time.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Vasriina, I think it's a grea idea for you to be the antagonist...
Who knows what cunning plans you have up your sleeves :devil:

IC: Malek felt something strange when she touched his cheek. A strange warmth that spread through his body. Suddenly, he didn't want them to separate, he wanted to go with her. But, he was certain that he was avoiding an unnecessary risk by having them split up. He hugged back, though he really didn't know what a hug was, it just felt natural to do so. Nodding to her as she pulled away, he turned around and walked quickly up the stairs. As he left, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, unlike the sixth sense that a skilled warrior has, this was a forboding in his heart and in the back of his mind.
Last edited by Malek on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:2b69gxd3]Drathir followed Frost. She was willing to go with him, trusting that her Sisters had truly sent him as a messenger. Thinking back on what she had told Malek, she asked, "Frost, I am willing to go, but I have a question. Will my clothing, armor & weaponry shrink & go with me as well?" With that, Drathir calmed herself & prepared for what Frost was to do...[/color:2b69gxd3]
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

The light brightens in the window where Baravar is watching, and as it does, the hairs on the back of his neck rise unpleasantly. He was being watched. He didn't need to see the stalking entity to know she was there. He was a Ranger, and the world of the surface was far larger and required a much greater situational awareness.

Baravar doesn't get stupid and break cover, knowing that wouldn't do him much good anyways. Something had happened in the window far above, and he was growing more and more certain that something odd was going on.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

The Fae nodded as he spoke

"Yes Drathir Everything on your person will shrink with you."

As she allowed the magic to roll over her the effects of shrinking is quite strange. Everything begain to grow around Drathir. And now that you have shrunk you can really see what the creature is.

Frost stands before you dressed in shining white Silver and Frost blue Chain and plate armor His features were among the gods them selves perfect in all form. Snow white skin acoompanied by platinum white hair that tiped at his feet. A creature of magnificent beauty. Sparkeling ice blue eyes looked to the darkskinned female A flash of White pearls from under well sheped full lips. Sheithing His sword that frothed with foaming ice and chilling clouds of cold air The blade it self was not silvery as to be expected but White and the mirror of the blade reflects a rageing blizzard within its sheen.

"Come take my hand and we shall meet with your sisters."

Upon takeing his hand the two would lift off the ground and Frost soon lead them from the halls to an open window (the same that Malek entered) Flying high above the city but not near the caverns roof. Fluttering through the twists and turns to a small campsite where the sisters had made camp. As they approached Frosts magic grew to thin and the landing was rough as the shrink magic upon Drathir wore off. All her things intact but alittle rough for the wear.

The weakend frost lay limp on a stone unconsious but breathing. the campsite is empty and the recent fleeing tracks lead to a tunnel to the left.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

oOC.: ( Oh Malek! You are just too nice. You exagerate, really! :) OH! And just in case if you guys are wondering about what my character LOOKS and IS like, just click my signature and check out my profile in the OOC forum, kay? ;) )

IC:[color=olive:1vwo6wi1]+Vasriina cocked her brow faintly in a surprised, yet complimentary way. Actions of audacity, such displayed by Baravar Imrathiln, expressed through fellow Drow are rather admired. She thought him a daring male to keep at bay from an ecclesiastic of her standing. Vasriina, crossed her arms and pouted, which to her was similar enough to a smile. In the society of Drow, pride plays a significant role.+[/color:1vwo6wi1]

[color=olive:1vwo6wi1]+The majority of Drow are like bullies, putting up haughty fronts. Intimidating, and degrading all whom they can to conceal their own misgivings and fears. A cunning giggle escaped her lips. Vasriina decidedly marked him a meek Drow male. The cruel label loitered there within her thoughts.With this Vasriina drifted away and leisurely walked toward nearby merchants selling charms of splendid beauty and inquisitiveness. She spotted a lavishly, ornamented ribbon with a curious gemstone placed in the middle. +[/color:1vwo6wi1]

[color=olive:1vwo6wi1]+Her stare suddenly slid forward, cautious as to not permit notice of her acute awareness about her. Heeds of warnings tickled her senses as her elongated ears twitched in anticipation. Vasriina tilted her head slightly to one side as a knowing smile visited those lovely lips. Something uncertain to even Vasriina was occurring within ‘House’ and possibly the streets of ‘Menzoberranzan.’ With movements possessing such finesse, so swiftly, Vasriina slid out of sight to convene before the doorway to this certain ‘House’ that received her curiosity.+[/color:1vwo6wi1]