Just Prowling...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek let himself be pushed up against a wall. He was expecting it. He was also expecting her sudden change in attitude. That was her way, to guide you along a primrose path, then stab you in the face. Or she would show all hostility and purchase you a diamond...a diamond that stabbed you in the face.

"Oh, I do." He whispered in her ear. I praise Loth every day. After all, if it weren't for her, you wouldn't have been half as much fun to conquer." He'd met a woman during an excursion. She was from a town that did not worship Loth, and men and women were equal there. While she hadn't been easy to have, she was nowhere near the battle it had been to win Vasriina.

"Come, Vasriina. I thought I'd poured out enough of my soul when we'd finish making love for it to be obvioius as to why I'm here." He, of course had done nothing of the sort. He merely told her, once, that he enjoyed their escapades for more than just the obvious reasons. He'd mentioned once that he was always uncomfortable with their way of life and that this was some release to him. He doubted if she'd even remembered.

He weighed the odds of stealing a kiss from her. In her current state, she'd probably kill him, their relationship having ended long ago. Instead he tried a different tactic. "Do they weigh on me? The question is do they weigh on you?" He stopped a moment to shoot her a wicked grin. "Do you remember that abandoned tower in Sorcere? You positively squealed with glee when I slammed you against the wall."
Last edited by Malek on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

((Sorry for the wait.))

Ever watchful, ever silent and keen. Xion was no means to keep his back exposed, nor his front, war had made him the type of calm paranoid that lurks only with the aged Liches. By all means he made an arrangement, and due to his bound and blind faith to Lloth, he would subdue himself only for that woman under Lloths reason.

Like a stalker he was under her, no form to be sensed, but burred under the ground, or better put, he was the ground. A merging of his natural ability to shape shift with a far more advanced alteration than doppelgangers. The side effects varied, but nothing that bothered him. His lack of seed spawning would promise that no later kin would grow superior and dispose of Xion in the future. He was the last line of the male blood of his mother. As for his sisters? Useless in their own way.

From a luck streak fetus, to a successful Drow experimentation, to a inferior warrior, honed to man, man to King, and now a king to a Guardian. The Slaughter King was geased to halt his personal goal of unity to protect his new and only equal, Vasriina. This Priestess of Lloth was a key to expose his rule to those that disbelieved in Lloths acceptance of his position. She, a woman, a maiden of their very Goddess working along side him. It may cause rebellion, but that would fall to the true followers of Lloth and be dealt with as a small thorn in the side. In due time.

But that was the future, at least from what Xion could calculate. All plans had problems to start, but it's how you deal with those problems and sever the root that can make a promising future. So, to Lloth he submit, and became this Priestess's personal guardian as she would speak their faith through the cities. And Xion, the brute muscle of not only the largest Drow united military, but one of the only known famous men in the Underdark, at her side. It wasn't ego, but deep in the tunnels you don't hear many stories or rumors of dangerous men, at least not spoken from the arrogant noble women and councils.

While his name would be spoken with unnerving whispers, it was a two edged blade. On one hand it let his power and Will be known, on the other, unwanted attention from the opposing houses and cities that despised the very thought, alliance was out of the question. At least, until Vasriina showed up. She was a key, a means to expose Xion to the ruling women with them having nothing to do about it. Priestess spoke for Lloth, and no greedy, pissed and blood hungry ruler would ever be stupid enough to deny a Priestess, nor attack them.

So, how would Xion, being the war hungry, blindly faithful, egotistical, prideful, and goal driven psychopath that he is, allow any chance of harm to come to his only open door? He wouldn't, he knew the possibilities.

So their he would be, following her under the radar and senses. No shiver of earth, no alteration of shadow, simple a merge of an Earth Elemental and the use to walk through the earth just as they. While new to ruling, it only being a few centuries, his abilities he has had since birth, and with that long awaited life came a sense of perfection through all means of limits and curiosity. Not all things were known about it, and the side effects of the spells used while he was in his mothers womb, but no matter of time could ever grant him full knowledge.

The earth would shift slightly, large, plate like rock crumbling and lifting like a transformation of solid and semi-solid stone to impersonate a humanoid. Nothing of detail, no fingers, eyes, ears, hair, nose, mouth, only the bulk of a massive upper body and large mace like rock spiked limbs for arms and legs merged to the ground.

" [color=darkred:153i9t3l]It seems that while a century proved useful to Vasriina's intelligence, a past love lacks the capacity to learn even now. A woman of Lloth she is, and with it, has understood what was more important, that wouldn't be you Dark Elf.[/color:153i9t3l] " What a name to call. Drow were normally known to go off the handle when being called such, a racist term like spitting in their face to call them such an inferior surface dwelling half cousin.

" [color=darkred:153i9t3l]While my reputation is to be known through fear with reason, It's wise that a man watch his tongue to a Priestess more so. You wouldn't want to piss off the wrong woman, would you?[/color:153i9t3l] " That sinister smile curled about his hungry maw of rock. How could this elemental speak? Most of them, or at least most of the time only managed the sound of grinding stone to hint at some vocal grunt, if not a moan.

The shifting plates of raining dust would crumble from the earthen body, slowly falling and chipping to merge back with the ground they came from. Huge was the form of ebony ash flesh, teal eyes and cream white, slightly wavy hair. The smile stayed through the stone, dark lips holding that psychopathic twist that promised agony to any that may slip an insult in his direction.

Heavy plate thick along his body licked chaos and law. Massive, unnaturally so for Drow that were slender and quick, but no, Xion was different. Massive wide shoulders, swollen arms that veined the adrenaline fed fingertips that twitched to grasp that blade once more. No weapons held in his form fitted leathery gloves that rubbed and crackled at the digit movement. His head tilted down, furrowed brows partially hiding the gleam of us lusting teal eyes that glared at the ranger.

" [color=darkred:153i9t3l]You smell of surface filth Ranger boy. You should cleans it before the Worgs mistake you for a meal.[/color:153i9t3l] " That forked tongue lapping at his lips at the very thought. It seemed as if the very idea of someone else's pain was a sick enjoyment for him, near sexual in some sub-conscious teaching. Armor that would resemble beautiful craftsmanship that would normally only be worn at ceremonies stained with blood and pitted nicks from long years of use.

No scares, his body rippling with swelling muscles that drooled rolling sweat hidden under the blackish to grey blue armor, and his breaths erringly calm, relaxed, contemplative and alert. He was a murderer by all nature, and those teal eyes would only give a hint of their tale.
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

Baravar watched the other phase in from the material of the cavern floor. Showy, but maybe a little too showy, in the end. Typical, proud Drow behaviour, really. Baravar remains hidden, watching the exchanges.

He finds himself struck with an unpleasant debate. He has the means, likely, to temporarily incapacitate the two Drow confronting the male that emerged from the window. He also sees little reason to save one Drow from another unless it serves some purpose greater than simple obstructionism. Obstruction is all fine and good, but it serves no purpose by itself. Third in his considerations is the amulet he bears beneath his tunic and armour. He could, if he found it needful, teleport himself and another to a much safer location near the surface. But again, he runs into the problem of why he should bother. One evil, Lolthar Drow killing another, while it was bad in that it was killing, hardly tipped the balances of "requires immediate action".

So for now, Baravar waits, hidden and silent, simply a witness to events for the time being. But ready to move if he needs to, as a Ranger must be always.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Elrohir
Regular

L'Venorik, Balthazar

Post by Elrohir »

[i:3jxafbuy] Hmmmm interesting. This could be a problem. I dont have time for this.[/i:3jxafbuy]

Levetateing himself to a spot in dark shadow against a stalagtite. Rematerializeing from the Ethreal plane for a moment. Scribing something on a small peice of paper wraping it about a dart and placeing the dart within a hallow tube *blowgun* Loosing the projectile Just as he returned back to the ethreal phaze. The arrows target was a whiff of hair near her left ear.

*******The dart fired at Vasriina is not meant in any harm its just a way of delevering a note. (the note states; Priestess Jarlaxle offers Information.*************

The Drow assassin repeatedly going back and fourth between the ethreal and Material has drawn some unlikely attention.

"Yessss soon i will be freeeeeeee."

Dark pitless eyes gazed upon the now materialized Drow Assassin from the Ethreal Chaos of the abyss. The ghostly shadowed mist that accompanied those souless eyes.

"Come back to me my pet open the door once more..... Yessssssssssssss!!!!!"

*WOOOOOSSSHHHH!!!!!!!!*

The assassin's re opening of the ethreal door to return himself, was only open for a breif few seconds. Thats was all that The Devil Balthazar needed. It has been a thousand years since being entombed and imprisoned within the chaos of the abyss. His home plane of baator sounded so sweet to him. But this Demon assassin gave him an even more pleasing place to reside. Being that it has been 1000 years since his dissapearance. WOuld His previous Overlords truely care.

The Ethreal shadow now loomed before the busteling streets of Menzoberranzan Searching ever searching. Quickly he must take one. Finding a well enough looking male House noble guard. gliding close and then the moment, the possession and domination of a weaker soul.

"SSSSSSSSssssssssssaaaaahhhhhhh a mortals soul so fresh and already subceptiple to domination. AAAHHHH it tastes so much better then those chaotic demon essence. Yeilding so much more power and potential too. "

Bathazar and his new host took to the streets Hapening by a rather rippleing musceled man Cowering down a smaller man. Apparently for the amusement of a particularly sadistic looking female. Takeing a blatent position off to the right side of Vasriina Just stareing with curiosity. For little did Balthazar really know of the darker versions of the elves. there was no need to take there souls they were already corrupt. It provided more of a challange to take there surface cousins.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

driders

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:hsh5yni9]Cyali’s eyes widened when she saw the black figure & she sang a prayer to Eilistraee – the glade lit up with a holy aura & the sisters felt Eilistraee’s calming influence as She gave the cleric the ability to dispel evil. Susparra chanted a prayer to Eilistraee & a circle of blades whirled toward the nearest drider, slicing through its arm & upper torso like butter. Drathir and the first resurrected sister, Ariama, closed in on the last remaining drider & took turns feinting & slashing, like wolves working together in perfect unison. Finally the drider fell in a pool of widening blood, slashes echoed across its body.

The clerics turned to the halved body of their Sister. Susparra said, “She will have to be taken to Qilue at the Promenade – we cannot resurrect her until we regain her soul.” Looking at Drathir, she asked, “What became of you Sister? We thought to hear from you long before now? Where is your symbol of Eilistraee?” Drathir bowed her head in shame that she had lost her necklace. Susparra bid that Drathir return with her to Eilistraee’s temple in this forest – she would bestow another holy symbol upon her there…
[/color:hsh5yni9]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Not trying to be an ass, but I thought I'd mention that I'm not a ranger this time, Xion. I'm playing as Malek's (the moon elf) great-grandfather.

IC: Malek stared while the earth rose and became a man. A very large man. Soon, a spark of recognition came to him. Xion Gladious. Apparently she had found someone else to dominate her. Malek, one of the best, if not the best, in Menzoberranzan doubted that he would be able to handle Xion on even terms. However, It appeared that his facade was working. He was hoping that if he pissed off Vasriina that she would give up and leave, but the appearance of Xion screwed everything up.

Since he had emerged from his reverie earlier, he had been subtly aware of another presence nearby, but he had to focus on Vasriina. Now, however, might be a good time to expose it. Dropping his ridiculous facade of cocksure manliness, he stood up straight and looked at Xion and Vasriina with a serious look, as though he were sizing them up.

"Well then, Vasriina. If you must know, I was conversing with the captured surface dweller. I'm sure you are aware of the drow woman that was captured recently. My goal was simple. I wanted to know why she left the Underdark. I also thought it would be interesting to know how she left." He put subtle emphasis on his last sentence, then braced himself for trouble.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

oOC.: (Sorry, it took me so long to post, but school got in the way. So, I tried to catch up the best I could. :) And, as for tricks up my sleeve, well I guess I do have one. ;) )

[color=olive:2q00d7zd]+As she emerged away from Malek, she permitted those wanton whispers to reach her ears. Insignificant memories of long past wafted through her mind, recollections presumably cherished by Malek. She assumed these actions were turning points for his acceptance of their means of existence. Vasriina merely crossed her slender arms before her while her emerald blaze spurned away at Malek’s demeanor. She recalled the frustrated questions that Malek spoke when he queried the ways of Drow. Inquiries that Vasriina chose to disregard for she is an ideal example for a Drow’s mindset, all mannerisms and portrayals were of her breed, her people. Vasriina could not just liberate herself of such tradition.+[/color:2q00d7zd]

[i:2q00d7zd]“My dear, Malek, you think I am foolish enough to believe such sweet nothings you happened to mention? Ignorance does not rule my mind, how silly of you to presume so. So, as for pouring out your soul to me, it was of nothing but idle speech. Do not fret though. I assure you I did not take them to heart, or any other area. In fact, I disregarded everything that fell from your lips the moment they had been released.”[/i:2q00d7zd]

[color=olive:2q00d7zd]+Each idiom that Malek happened to express was permissible to visit her attentions and go with impunity. When Malek’s features took on that impudent smirk, Vasriina cocked her brow in suspicion. Then, it came. Malek spined those ill-fated terms that sparked her resentment. This unruly male was either daring or extremely dim-witted for his act of disrespectfully speaking against her position. Her voice was lessened, similar to a snarl, as she spoke her next phrase to reveal reverence, yet caution. Vasriina continued to be positioned before Malek as her eyes slid towards Xion, who made his appearance known by her side. A shrewd smirk delighted its presence upon those plump lips, parting faintly to disclose carnal brilliance.+[/color:2q00d7zd]

[i:2q00d7zd]“Malek! You are too bold of a male to speak such statements to me. Such words would most certainly promise you death. Besides, no proceedings of that circumstance had ever been carried out with you, of all selections…”[/i:2q00d7zd]

[color=olive:2q00d7zd]+Her head skewed downward faintly, as her emerald blaze tapered to pierce into Malek. Her mind was not equipped for his next declaration, a confession perhaps that dealt with the imprisoned captive. Vasriina was acutely aware of this, lowly slave, for she was an ‘Eilistraeen Worshipper’ deeply loathed by them. Malek would lament his disloyalty. Lacking an indication of forewarning an enchanted blade embellished with a unique radiance, fashioned itself within her velvety hand. A caution to persist Malek at bay. However, Vasriina did not hoist the dagger in attack, but rather reserved it in mystery.+[/color:2q00d7zd]

[i:2q00d7zd]“Yes, dear Malek. I am aware of this certain ‘captive’ that you speak of. She is an ‘Eilistraeen Worshipper’ who has turned her back on the teaching of ‘Lolth,’ her sentence is simple. A promised sacrifice for ‘Lolth’, her judgment will be carried out soon enough. Though I sense, you are not telling me the complete truth, Malek, of your idle interest in the likes of her! My intuitions have never failed me my lovely, Malek. I am no fool. In truth, I suspect you did something with her. Tell me I am wrong, sweet Malek, that you have not betrayed us, my fellow drow…”[/i:2q00d7zd]

[color=olive:2q00d7zd]+While she was still facing Malek her eyes gifted a sideways glance towards the curious person standing beside them. Vasriina stood with confident poise as she considered the purpose of this male creature alongside her company, daring indeed. She stepped backward only slightly, to be a few inches away from Xion’s front. Vasriina appeared to be so miniscule to his proportions, his shadow encompassed her. Those lips pleased her cynical smile, articulating it with such satisfaction. Then her wicked, yet enthralling stare engulfed Malek and the stranger both.+[/color:2q00d7zd]
Elrohir
Regular

Na'ilaa,Balthazar&L'Venorik

Post by Elrohir »

****Back in the Glade*****

"Im sorry sisters but there is little time. More Driders And Llothite Soldiers follow from the caverns. It dosent look like a persuit but a full out raiding party."

A Dark Violet cloaked femanine figure is walking up to the camp. Pulling her hood back revealing Charcoal grey skin and Homely almost human features the only hint of the elf in her which she proudly boasts are short croped pointed ears. Silver jewlery adorns both as do some rare gems. Short Snow powder white hair held in two High ponly tails. The palest blue eyes you could ever see on anyone looks the sisters about. Placeing a hand on her left hip, her cloak sweeps open revealing the Dancing lady's Holy symbol Amidst black leather form fitting armor. The leather seemed to be carved in an Ivy Fassion all about her body. A simple belt lay about her waist Sheithed Two daggers Of Unique Hilt design. One A Carved of Ivory bone to the shape of a Dragon Griping a White Diamond the size of a quarter in its maw. The other Carved of Black Ebon stone Another Dragon carved this one more sinister looking and even decayed. A Dark almost black indigo stone the size of a quarter held within its Skull faced Maw.

The apparent sister scout brings news from the tunnels. And Awaits the Elder sisters orders.

*******Back within Menzoberanzzan *sp* **********

His message sent as the white featherd dart now rest gently within Vasriina's Hair. Down from the celing he cam descending to the croud in his ethreal form to appear not far away from Baravar's position. Re materializing and pickpocketing a nearby commoner or two. Comeing near by Baravar.

"You look like you could use something more interesting in life then skulking over a woman to whome obviously dosent even know you exist."

The regal and even flamboyant almost to the point of nere obnoxious to even Rival the largely feather hatted Mercenary Jarlaxle himself, drow Male made himself known to Baravar. Even to the point of smoothly slideing in beside Baravar and placeing an arm about the other males shoulders in a friendly manner *not that kind of friendly* Drawing his attention away from Vasriina and her troupe she had attracted about her. If any would know the woman could be a sexual diviant to have atracted so many males about her. ***hehe***

Handing a bag of coin he had lifted from a commoner to Baravar.

"Come friend lets have a drink."

*******Nere Vasriina and her troupe of males hehe******

The drow male guard just stared at her with lustfull eyes almost drooling over the woman

"I wonder what you taste like?"

Said in a hissing whisper as it had been 1000 years since he had been on the material plane. Vocal speech escaped him at first but he soon gained composure. The new Demonic side of him burned to ravage and leave his unholy seed amongst the earth. But His Devilish roots dictated that all good things come to those that wait, no matter now illgotten and underhanded those things may be.

He seemed to be oblivious to the other males about even the looming figure of a warrior [i:2loywbk2]isnt he just the subtle one. hahah[/i:2loywbk2]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Elrohir
Regular

Na'ilaa,Balthazar&L'Venorik

Post by Elrohir »

****Back in the Glade*****

"Im sorry sisters but there is little time. More Driders And Llothite Soldiers follow from the caverns. It dosent look like a persuit but a full out raiding party."

A Dark Violet cloaked femanine figure is walking up to the camp. Pulling her hood back revealing Charcoal grey skin and Homely almost human features the only hint of the elf in her which she proudly boasts are short croped pointed ears. Silver jewlery adorns both as do some rare gems. Short Snow powder white hair held in two High ponly tails. The palest blue eyes you could ever see on anyone looks the sisters about. Placeing a hand on her left hip, her cloak sweeps open revealing the Dancing lady's Holy symbol Amidst black leather form fitting armor. The leather seemed to be carved in an Ivy Fassion all about her body. A simple belt lay about her waist Sheithed Two daggers Of Unique Hilt design. One A Carved of Ivory bone to the shape of a Dragon Griping a White Diamond the size of a quarter in its maw. The other Carved of Black Ebon stone Another Dragon carved this one more sinister looking and even decayed. A Dark almost black indigo stone the size of a quarter held within its Skull faced Maw.

The apparent sister scout brings news from the tunnels. And Awaits the Elder sisters orders.

*******Back within Menzoberanzzan *sp* **********

His message sent as the white featherd dart now rest gently within Vasriina's Hair. Down from the celing he cam descending to the croud in his ethreal form to appear not far away from Baravar's position. Re materializing and pickpocketing a nearby commoner or two. Comeing near by Baravar.

"You look like you could use something more interesting in life then skulking over a woman to whome obviously dosent even know you exist."

The regal and even flamboyant almost to the point of nere obnoxious to even Rival the largely feather hatted Mercenary Jarlaxle himself, drow Male made himself known to Baravar. Even to the point of smoothly slideing in beside Baravar and placeing an arm about the other males shoulders in a friendly manner *not that kind of friendly* Drawing his attention away from Vasriina and her troupe she had attracted about her. If any would know the woman could be a sexual diviant to have atracted so many males about her. ***hehe***

Handing a bag of coin he had lifted from a commoner to Baravar.

"Come friend lets have a drink."

*******Nere Vasriina and her troupe of males hehe******

The drow male guard just stared at her with lustfull eyes almost drooling over the woman

"I wonder what you taste like?"

Said in a hissing whisper as it had been 1000 years since he had been on the material plane. Vocal speech escaped him at first but he soon gained composure. The new Demonic side of him burned to ravage and leave his unholy seed amongst the earth. But His Devilish roots dictated that all good things come to those that wait, no matter now illgotten and underhanded those things may be.

He seemed to be oblivious to the other males about even the looming figure of a warrior [i:xorp9xgp]isnt he just the subtle one. hahah[/i:xorp9xgp]
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

Baravar only looks to the other male with a vague look of mild irritation, not replying verbally. In reality, Baravar had heard enough of the conversation he'd been watching to have a vague conception of what was happening.

So the Ranger steps away from the interloper, breaking into a smooth, graceful run toward the trio, his small crossbow clicking softly, twice in rapid succession. One bolt for each of the clearly Lolthar Drow. For the larger he doesn't really expect it to hit through the armor. It would be nice, but that first bolt is a mere distraction, hissing past Vasriina's ear.

The second bolt is the one that was intended to hit, and he aimed well for the Priestess. On that bolt, he'd dropped a sphere of darkness, knowing that the darkness, even if it missed, would force the larger of the two to focus on his mistress.

The Ranger himself follows behind the darts, darting and shifting with remarkable agility. As he reaches the trio, he lunges toward Malek, one hand outstretched to brush over the other's chest long enough to speak a command word. The word activates the amulet hidden beneath Baravar's armour, teleporting both himself and Malek (unless Malek decided to dodge out of touch-range) far from Menzoberranzan, to a hidden cave much nearer the surface.

((OOC: Hope I didn't take too many liberties here with this post...))
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

The nature of this male and his foul tongue held nothing of wicked more than an ignorance child. To Xion he would have no useful information that his brain could comprehend to his swollen tongue, and it would prove more useful for Izis to take his feeding. At least, to Xion. But then again his nature was always forward in the most cruel manner, even compared to most Drow he was off set and a bit discomforting in the crowds of company. Most subtle, secret and poison of lies in their council, while Xion would claim who he would kill clearly and openly with no studder to his lips. It was open talk of his murderous nature, all Drow were chaotic, but to speak it so loudly and clearly for all to hear no matter rank or blood, it was unheard in the rumors of whisper.

While he was paying attention to the blabber at hand that spat from this males mouth, the shivers of wind and change of vibrations took a shift in the air. Being what he was, Drow had its advantages, but nothing like the Draconic blood he so deeply hid from the world. Only his mother and Izis knew of it, and a secret it would remain. His mother safe from danger, she being a High priestess that took her role as a senate to Xion's city, and Izis, his Adviser, an Illithid to boot and not something anyone would wish to cross. But it allowed him senses beyond the eyes and the graft, a sense that one could see the licks of aura ever so slightly, and even air currents had an exchange of brilliance of colors, if not to resemble what humans see as particles of dust. The shivers of vibration tingled through his bone that something quick was coming. The direction, speed, and near exact shape of this thing would echo its sharp hiss against the mass of friction and momentum that gave it away. Angle, projection point, and calculating distance and target, it would nearly miss Vasriina. Not that Draconic heritage gave that all to Xion, but being a military veteran with a perfection complex had its bonuses.

His massive body barely made a move, only stepping forward as Vasriina would step back, his right hand lifting casually and to her left with a grasp of his gloved hand. It would pluck the bolt from the air with little effort, the grip of the leathery form fit hide giving extra traction to his digits. The bolt holding a note, his hand gracefully closing to a tight grasp at the sound of snapping wood under his knuckles. His eyes would turn, not in surprise, but in the now knowing of their stalker's presence, and inviting him with a sinister grin.

" [color=darkred:3rzm9lip]Vasriina, you seem to find the most delightful of company. Are all of the Priestess as socially familiar as you?[/color:3rzm9lip] " His body turning to meet forward to the running male. His upper body turning at the lower spine to keep his chest facing the direction the new shot bolt would pass. As for the second that aimed at Vasriina, his left hand would left from behind him, his palm facing towards her, and knuckle guard lifted with spread fingers to reflect the bolt aimed at her. This man was of no use, this Ranger proving nothing but lack in talent and understanding, but perhaps Xion would kill him another time. His motion already made, he would allow the Ranger to swoop past him cleanly without Xion's massive body to hamper him, a test to this whore of a man with detailed eyes watching for his reaction.

((Crap post, but it will do.))
Last edited by Xion on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

on the surface...

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:1m0u4i55]OOC: Taking the liberty of posting because it has nothing to do with Xion's post - Xion, hope you don't mind...

IC: Susparra turned to the new violet cloaked figure & asked her to stay with Cyali and the other remaining priestesses, “Cyali can work a shatter spell to close the tunnel; with all of you together it can crush more than just the entrance. You should all search the area for other driders, though I no longer feel evil in this area. Drathir & I will take this one, “ her hand swept toward the body and her head inclined in sadness, “to the temple and then I will take her body to the Promenade for Qilue to direct her resurrection. We cannot resurrect her... I fear that her soul was somehow taken by the black shadow that appeared during the battle with the driders.”

Drathir & Susparra each took the halves of the fallen sister back to camp & wrapped them together in a cloth. Both Sisters stopped for a moment to eat and rest a bit before their journey. Then they hoisted the body & carried it – Drathir at one twisted end of the cloth and Susparra at the other – and walked out of the camp toward the temple. They traveled without difficulty or attack for all the long miles to the temple in the forest.[/color:1m0u4i55]
Priestess Iymlin
Maid
Maid

Post by Priestess Iymlin »

oOC.: (As for trick number two, well... here I am. I think this is the perfect spot to enter, seeing that Malek has not answered Baravar's post in time, I shall. :devil: )

[color=darkblue:21omte59] --Those calculating eyes observed from a distance, seizing the demeanors of all persons within circle of Xion and Vasriina. Iymlin approached from behind an intricate statuette in a fairly peculiar manor, as her company had gone completely unnoticed. Her austere gaze ventured from behind the effigy’s shoulder to admire the acquaintances that her sister assertively encountered. Out of the consoling embrace of shadows, she perceived a questioning figure escaping them. Without an insinuation of stopping, the stranger continued to progress forward heading for that looming mob of Vasriina’s. Iymlin’s features dropped into shadow, as her tawny eyes narrowed into perilous slits, to glare after [b:21omte59]Baravar Imrathiln[/b:21omte59]. [i:21omte59]‘This one is very foolish indeed…’[/i:21omte59]'the venomous consideration drifted through her mind, as her pouting lips articulated a mischievious smile.--[/color:21omte59]

[color=darkblue:21omte59] --Irritation’s shadow swiftly raked across her wanton features and departed in the same manor. Iymlin, ethereally released herself for [b:21omte59]Malek Vel’Ushmaren[/b:21omte59] parting the figurine in her trail. In movements undistinguishable, Iymlin traveled perpendicular to Baravar. Naturally feminine, Iymlin was a lithe creature, therefore speed was her ally. A harsh breeze sent her uncharacteristic tresses away from her charming countenance, tickling away at her elongated ears. Her resolute eyes mirrored the looming crowd within the fathomable pools of her tawny blaze. Iymlin discovered herself reaching out for Malek, as her eyes widened in anticipation. She would seize her lengthy fingers about his wrist. With this she would make a move to cause Malek’s body to screw swiftly, effortlessly, away from Baravar’s fleeting grasp.--[/color:21omte59]

[color=darkblue:21omte59] --Her eyes leisurely, floated back towards [b:21omte59]Baravar Imrathiln[/b:21omte59] articulating her habitual mischievousness. An arrogant smile visiting her lips, in his distraction, as Iymlin’s stare coupled with his. With her liberated hand, Iymlin made a move to seize Baravar’s extended arm in order to draw him closer to her. A confident snicker silently pushed itself from her chest, because of the obvious simplicity of her course of action, to thwart Baravar’s imprudent intentions. Iymlin’s enigmatic voice presented her speech in a husky, seductive form. It was evident that her manners of persuasion were diverse than ones held by Vasriina and Iymlin was of a relentless, calculating nature.-- [/color:21omte59]

[color=darkred:21omte59] [i:21omte59]“My lovely Drow, I can not permit you to carry out such an foolish action. Malek has not finished his task at hand. He will explain himself to my sister, Vasriina. I will not allow you to interfere. Instead, you shall have me…”[/i:21omte59][/color:21omte59]

[color=darkblue:21omte59] --Iymlan’s statements were frankly spoken without slight hesitation. Her tone continued veritable to her temperament, ruthless escorted by a husky allure. Iymlin’s cruel eyes slid downward to comprehend Baravar’s amulet, as it seized a intriguing glow.--[/color:21omte59]
Last edited by Priestess Iymlin on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

as the silent ranger wached the pristes prepare for second wave of the spider touched. he could'nt help but feel as if he had to jion the fight for his goddes. so he strode out of his clever hideing place bowed withe open arms the he calmly replyed " my ladys i belive i may have some info the you would be of most impotance to you at the moment:
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek had been waiting for an opportunity to get out of his situation, and it had looked to him like it was about to happen. However, in light of his approching freedom, he let down his guard for just a moment. He realized his mistake when he felt fingers around his wrist.

For a moment, he thought his chance to escape was gone, but a plan formed quickly in his mind. He smiled at the futility of his plan as Vasriina's mischievious sister, Iymlin, twisted his body out of the stranger's grasp. Using his free arm, he grabbed for Iymlin's elbow, attembting to twist it up, and get her under his control. His plan was to shove her into Vasriina, and draw his katanas to engage Xion. He had no intentions of fighting Xion Gladious, he merely wanted to disable him long enough for Malek to escape.