[ARENA] A Friendly contest(Act 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Quin looks to the others and stops when she sees this Yuan-Ti Pure-blood... so she thought to herself. Her lavender eyes glowed when their eye contact locked. She wondered why he was looking at her like that as she said.."Don't get no ideas sir, ya might wish ya hadn't." She feared him and did not know why she had met one but never said one word to her. ..
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

The door opened once again, and trough it came a large figure. When it came into the light, the face of a young woman, filled with scars was visible. She scanned trough the room, with eyes the color of ice.She walked up to the two men, and spoke her name two one of them:
"Put me down as Rooky. Nothing else is after..."
When asked for the weapons she replies silently:
"I'll need two punch daggers, and some shuriken if I may."
In silence she went to her seat. She towered over most humans; at 7 foot 1 inch, she was no small figure. In black clothes, she sat in silence, flickering shadows, coming from the lamps.
:3
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=forestgreen:14u0lre3]The taller of the two men at the registration table takes down Rookys' equipment the goes over to a rack and pulls down the required punchdaggers, then moves to another and grabs a large handful of shurikens. He brings them back and pushes them across the table while the shorter of the two men, being somewhat intimidated by her size, writes down her name instead of pushing the list out for her to sign.[/color:14u0lre3]
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:2n77ya4z]Qezs' eyes really light up when he sees Rooky come in. With a radiant smile and a bow to her he utters his first words besides those to traveler. [i:2n77ya4z]It would be a great honor to meet you in combat m'lady, no matter the outcome[/i:2n77ya4z]. Smiling happily to himself he goes to where he laid down his bastard swords (the poles he'll be using), and moves to and empty space to sit and meditate till the tourney begins.[/color:2n77ya4z]
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

For Xion their was no time for meditation, and to all had his mind was gone from the physical world around him. Some may call it Astral Projection, or a means of the mind to escape the body by some dramatic exaggeration. It wasn't rude of him to surround himself in his own deep contemplations, a drifted ideal of broken memories lost through the tides of age, it was only mortal. But by all means if his focus was to reality he would have noticed that baring mammoth of a woman enter, the scares would have been the first to prove that she was either slave, or warrior, either he's known for those hundreds of years that past through his mind in the blink of an eye.

No, none of the warriors mattered, and it wasn't his pride that held him thinking so, but his determination. Every single one of them had their own story to tell, each of them different, unique and passionate about what they where raised through morals to believe as righteous or worthy of hobby and care. To him there was no good or evil beyond the moral standards of who each individual set their limits to. No deity or mortal could exchange their religion to him as blasphemy spoken from the gods themselves. The gods, no matter how rightful of passage, pure of blood, or oathed to their ranks of immortal and never expending grasp, were all greedy to a point. That alone proved their taint to him.

The gods had no wield in say of what others did, and even those that promised open hands did so, even if only with sub-conscious thought, they opened their hearts and promised open arms for means of gaining worship, and with it, power. Xion was no god, no immortal being, but a tempered holder that understood his place in life. He wasn't a tool as Lloth believed, nor was he just a war hungry murderer, but he was a being that accepted his role in life. Their must be a balance, without it, the ties of existence undo.

The twisted through his mind, those small fragments like glass that never fit together correctly again, always chipping away. His persona, what honestly made him who he was as the being beyond the muscle of the brain, or the ectoplasmic ethareal soul, or the decay of body, was beyond boarders of the abstract. Calm, collected, and ever drifting as he awaited in his eternity for those seconds before his name to be called.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Unlike Xion, Majj carefuly studied each individual in the arena. He required no meditation or higher presence of mind.

He was alive with anticipation, and ever a coldblooded reptilian he lived for the present moment. The here and now. He would as always utilize every waking second to it's fullest capacity.

Calmly and calculatively he let his gaze sweep through all of the fighters present, taking in every facett of their physical being and outward demeanor in hopes of learning of any weaknesses.

He was a schemer, a strategist, and he was preparing his game plan.

Nothing escaped him.

He could smell the fear about Quin. She was rank with it.

The determination and focus of Xion was picked up on.

A confidence bordering slight arrogance was plain to see in Quel's eyes. A hint of naivete perhaps. Filled with youthful eagerness to be sure.

Majj had never in his life experienced fear. He was incapable of it.
But the sight of Rooky did cause a slight tingle up his spine. Whether it's nature was ill-boding or merely a function of exhileration could be speculated upon.

Majj didn't know himself. He kept his cool as always.
Last edited by Morfilmar_Desh on Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Not noticing him before, Rooky stepped out of the shadows and waved to the drow.*
"Don't worry...I'll beat you to nothingness soon enough..."
*she sat back down again, a green light slightly pulsing from her neck. She could smell the exhilaration of the moment.?
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

After looking at the other competitors, Quin thought to herself, she is not feared by Majj as she looked at Rooky, now there she was afraid.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Looks at the gathered crowd and weapons selected.

"Perhaos I should have asked for a shield as there will be things flying about."

Take up a goblet and salutes the young Drow in toast.

"Perhaps we should have at it. I propose contest run based on how the names are entered. Single elimination. You and I first then the next two until reaching the last remains. If number ends up being odd, the winner of our contest takes on the last. The winners of the next two face each other until only one remaims.?

Looks about the increased numbers.

"Do all agree to this? Further it should be understood that once the fisrt contest starts no more can add their name to the book for this contest."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"I agree to this, but perhaps we should let several minutes more pass, if anyone els would like to enter. If not, then let's begin."
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

Slowly he would stand tall from his seat. His posture lifting to arch his back to give way to his prideful stance that seemed to ooze from his form.

" [color=darkred:1tggvtrm]As long as I get to fight her I don't mind.[/color:1tggvtrm] " His teal eyes, both hungry and imaginative in the ways to break her bones glared to Rooky . She would be interesting, and by far if he removed her, everything else would seem easy. His sword hand itching to impact into flesh, his muscles pumping pure adrenaline thought his veins as his body naturally heated to unnatural measures. It was his ability to shapeshift that did this, a sub-conscious behavior to allow the heat to massage any muscles that could cause problems in the future.

His eyes didn't stay set long, only enough to give the gesture of who he considered even a remotely worthy opponent, then back to the one who gave his simple ideas to the public.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Realizing he would get to fight Quin firstly brought forth another demented sneer upon his face.

"Majj agreesss to thisss." He anticipatedly answered the man.

His gaze once again found it's way to the eyes of the young half-drow girl, and he licked his fangs.

OOC : Is anticipatedly a word? :uh-huh:
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

With determination with in her features and a smile upon her face she nodded. She looked to Majj that told him to bring it, for she was ready as she give him a wink.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:231k7vrr]Qez breaks his meditation at travelers spoken words, and lets the others have their say before speaking. [i:231k7vrr]I agree with both Rooky and you traveler. We should wait to see if any one else enters to sign up, and also we should fight in the order that we signed up.[/i:231k7vrr] He goes back to his meditative state after he speaks, focusing his mind on the task at hand, his first round of competition, and maybe his last.[/color:231k7vrr]

[color=navy:231k7vrr]OoC: If no one has else has signed up by tomorrow afternoon when I get in from work (5:30EST), then the contest will begin.[/color:231k7vrr]
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=navy:3dulcw4d]OoC: Alright, so I'm a bit early.[/color:3dulcw4d]

[color=darkolivegreen:3dulcw4d]Qez breaks his meditation and heads to the pit with a determined look on his face. As he passes traveler the drow gives the man a nod of respect then descends the small stairway leading into the pit and goes to the far side. Once there he turns and awaits travelers descent to the pit, raising his poles into a gaurd stance just in case the man tries to do something on his way down.[/color:3dulcw4d]