[ARENA] A Friendly contest(Act 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

[ARENA] A Friendly contest(Act 2)

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=olive:tva8ckox]As you enter the small arena you see a table with two people sitting at it with parchments in front of them. One is for registration, while the other is for any equipment you may have brought in so it will be kept seperate from everyone elses. As you continue to scan the room, you'll note a single drow male sitting in a cross legged position meditating before a pit that is for the contest to take place in.

The drow looks around at the sound of the door opening and looks to the two men where he has already placed his name and equipment list. One of the men stands up and begins to move to where you are stadning.[/color:tva8ckox]
Last edited by Qez_Veladorn on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=forestgreen:2kg6hgw5]The young drow waiting by the pit gives a sigh and looks over at the two men seated by the table. With a shake of ihs head he stands up and moves toward a couple of racks with wodden poles standing in them and picks up two about the size and wieght of his twin bastard swords.After checking the weight and heft of the two poles, and finding them to his liking, the young male moves down the stairs into the pit and begins practicing forms.

The two men at the table shake their heads, and the smaller of the two speaks, [i:2kg6hgw5]He never was one for patience, was he[/i:2kg6hgw5]? he says with a light smile.

The bigger man shakes his head, seeming to agree, [i:2kg6hgw5]I think it's more along the lines of his love for the competition than lack of patience. Don't forget, he's still a boy compared to us, but has probably lived twice as long as we have[/i:2kg6hgw5].

The smaller man nods his agreement and they both go back to watching the youthful movements of the drow at work, loosening his muscles and joints while playing at fighting an unseen opponent.[/color:2kg6hgw5]
Last edited by Qez_Veladorn on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A cloaked human enters and walks up to the table, with a glance to the young Drow.

"What are you playing children these days?

With another look at the Drow.

"I will take three daggers, one sword and a rope. I do trust the refreshments are of fine quality. My name is traveler." Writes the name in the book.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=forestgreen:911r25u5]The smaller of the two men looks up as the human enters, nodding to him. The other watches as he signs, and begins to eplain the rules while writing down his list of equipment required. [i:911r25u5]The rules are simple. This is a single eleminatoin tournament. The winner is declared clearly through victory, or if both opponents seem to have done everything they can and there is no clear winner, then the other combatants will vote for who they think was better.[/i:911r25u5]

After explaining the rules and taking down the equipment, he walks over and grabs three wooden daggers, a pole similar to a longsword in length and wieght, and the rope. He sits the required items down before you and gives a nod toward the drow. [i:911r25u5]He might seem young traveler, but in our years he should be long dead. He tells everyone that he's young, but I'm guessing him at at least 80 or so.[/i:911r25u5] Having said that, he pushes the rquired items over and turns to watch the young drow at his play again.[/color:911r25u5]
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:t37l5zwj]The young drow stops his play as he hears the bigger of the two officials talking about him. He turns and looks right at the human who entered, and even though he appears youthful, his eyes speak of a wisdom gathered over many years. He nods to traveler, giving him a quirky smile, one of those that says, finally, I have someone to test me. With a bow he intorduces himself, [i:t37l5zwj]I am called Quel good sir. I would find it a great honor to compete agaisnt one such as yourself in this tournament, and you'll say the same about me as well.[/i:t37l5zwj]

quel comes back up the steps and walks over to a table loaded with different foods and drinks and takes a cup of water. He raises the glass in a toast, [i:t37l5zwj]To the spirits of those who have fought before us, and will come after us[/i:t37l5zwj]. He then brings the cup to his mouth and drinks deeply while waiting ofr any more comers to present themselves.[/color:t37l5zwj]
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

A hooded figure enters the arena.

The stranger was taller than average by human standards, and made his way to the table of the two men.

He didn't as much as glance at the other combatants.

He moved with a peculiar slowness, seemingly dragging his feet behind him...Yet he carried himself with an impressive posture.

He calmly removed his hood as he reached the table, revealing himself.

He was void of hair, and his skin yellow and scaly.

Two green slitted eyes focused on the smaller of the two men.

"Ssssss..." He hissed, a forked tongue tasting the air.

"I am Majj Sssree. I will fight here." He continued.

"I require a light crosssbow. Blunted boltsss, yesss?" He sneered, revealing nothing in the way of teeth but two long and wickedly curved fangs.

"Thisss isss all." He crossed his arms and waited, content with conversing for the moment.
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=forestgreen:2y2w7wlw]The smaller of the two men pushes the paper toward the Majj, while the other man writes down the required equipment and goes and gets it. Looking up at Majj (who I assume is a half- dragon maybe) the man hands him a quill and pushes forth a pot of ink as well, [i:2y2w7wlw]You'll need to sign in to compete. Otherwise you'll just be a spectator[/i:2y2w7wlw]. With that he waits for Majj to sign in to compete.

The bigger of the two men places the equipment on the table next to the sign in roster, [i:2y2w7wlw]As you required, a light crossbow with blunted bolts[/i:2y2w7wlw]. Both men lean back in their chairs to await the next combatant to enter.[/color:2y2w7wlw]
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:1zb6fazm]Qez looks up when Majj reveals himself, and a slow smile plays across his face, a gleam coming into his eyes. He looks over to traveler then, [i:1zb6fazm]Looks like we might have some good competition coming in for this one, what say you[/i:1zb6fazm]? With a confident smile in his abilities he turns and takes a piece of mellon from a tray on the refreshment table, eagerly anticipating the first battle in the contest to come.[/color:1zb6fazm]
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

OOC : He is a Yuan-Ti Pure-blood

IC : Majj hissed, uncurled his arms and signed the parchment before him.

He now took his first look at his competition.

His slitted eyes narrowed at Quel, and he flicked his tongue in a display of curiousity.

He thought it fully possible that the drow would be the bigger threat of the two.

With slender hands, each finger upon them sporting viciously pointed and long fingernails, he put his hood back over his head and calmly made his way to stand and wait a good few feet away from the others.

He crossed his arms again.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

A short shadowy figure stands in the frame of the arena unsure is she should progress in... but she is sure the the others have seen her by now. Slowly walking up the way to the table.. keeping her hood low till she reaches the two men standing at the table. Once she does she asks " May I have a long bow and blunted arrows and some rope please."

Her voice sounding like she was just a child yet she was almost an adult. Quin takes off her hood to reveal herself to the men. She only stood at 4'11" and her long silky silvery hair and darken skin along with her lavender eyes said she was drow.. but she was half.. the other was aerial elf for she removes her cloak to show to the men. Her eyes bright with enthusiasm of her first test in battle.

This will be her first battle other than the low level monsters of her forest... this will be a first test of her abilities.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

Contemplation set in for those dire eternal seconds. While in the real world nothing more than a quarter of a tickers motion, to him, his mind, all things were vast beyond those measures. Each calculation produced through the visions his teal hues would set before him. Shadow, light, depth, mass, and colors sharpening with those warm vibrant motions of life. Not everything could be mentioned with words, through all the endless amounts of possibilities, their would never be enough words to express all things, not even nothing.

His chest was expanded, slowly relaxing with that warm and humid breath from his nostrils before stepping in. Darting eyes from his usual complexion of a Drow, Dark skin, light hair, but his eyes and mass were unfamiliar if not an extreme rarity. He was massive in eight and weight; muscle bound that rolled across wide shoulders and outlined through his coal smooth flesh, and towered a 6'9" to the standards of his people.

" [color=darkred:2dyr57lv]I will take no weapons.[/color:2dyr57lv] " His words crisp but casual through his overly calm features. Strands of off white locks teased across his furrowed brows. Beams of light testing his vision as they danced through the torches across the walls and begged to remove his sight if only for a moment. Their was something overly calm about Xion that most wouldn't know, He was after all the Slaughter King; and to the Spider Kissers his reputation was built around brutal and murderous tactics that even the standard Drows found unappealing.

His eyes would dart to the man awaiting the name of the register, stirring about the ideas of giving out his real name or not, would it be worth the time, or would it only cause more trouble. Trouble was good...

" [color=darkred:2dyr57lv]Xion Gladious.[/color:2dyr57lv] " That sinister smile curled about his lips as the man perked a brow in question. Not that Xion's name would be recognized here, but even the expression the man gave was less that he expected. With nothing more to say he'd leave the plausible irritation of a man behind before things turned ugly, he came for the arena, that smell of death and blood that he so desired after.

No words needed, nothing to be spoken as his simply dressed and unarmored form walked light as a feather to a free seat. Without his armor that he's worn for years on end his body felt near naked, but his pride wouldn't allow him to hide in shame, no.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=forestgreen:296zcmtk]The smaller of the two men at the table nods to each new person as they come in, looking inquiringly at Xion when he says no weapons. After taking down the equipment for the young lady, the taller of the two men retireives it and lays it on the table for for her perusal, while he eyes Xion, shaking his head at the many wonders that the young drows "invitation" has caused to come in.[/color:296zcmtk]
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:eyf9a1nc]Qez eyes the two new comers with that gleam for competition growing brighter when he sees them both. Hearing Xion ask for no weapons puts a smile on his face as he thinks to himself, a monk, now this should be interesting.[/color:eyf9a1nc]
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Quin signs her name and grabs her requested weapons and quickly walks to a distance shadow and stands watching the drow who had caught her eye when she had walked in. She was just alittle younger than he she believed, and he did not look like pushover like the monsters of the forest she once lived in... she had no chance but it would be fun to see how many blows before she was out... she counted three and laughed to herself.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Majj ran the index finger of his right hand along his cheek, scratching his scales with his talon like nail.

"Interesssting ssspecimensss." He thought to himself as he locked his gaze at Xion, a cunning intellect evident deep within his reptilian eyes.

He flicked his forked tongue about, tasting the air around the newcomers and sampling their scent.

"The female isss cute..." He gave a delightfuly wicked sneer at her, displaying his vicious-looking fangs and producing a loud excited hiss.

"Sss..."