Veil of Madness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

The sudden appearance of bright light blinded Vorrick but not overly long, 30 years on the surface had taught him to deal with sunlight. In the light he could clearly see who the female had been calling out to. Realizing he did not have a chance at flight, the wolves were wolves after all despite their response to the Drow's commands, and would most likely chase him if he ran.

His options limited he focused his power inward and began healing himself, slowly at first and then more rapidly his cuts and welts disappeared. He would heal fully in time, but how much he had was in question.

Seeing Vorrick otherwise occupied Illorya finished dealing with the arrow. She had used the knife to cut off the tail of the arrow and pulled the shaft out. Using some healing magic she had prepared made the wound vanish instantly. Reaching into her belt pouch she pulled out a minature sword which with a single word of power extended into a full longsword. The item was a trinket she'd stolen when she fled the Underdark and had served her well in the years since.

Realizing the newcomer would not take kindly to her killing Vorrick outright Illorya tried reasoning with her. "Druidess, this man is evil and must be killed. Whatever hope for redemption there was for him has long since been washed away. Look even now he uses his dark power which you yourself have witnessed to heal himself. Once he has regained his strength he will kill us both and without my sisters to help me I may not be able to restrain him."

Illorya prayed to the Godess that she would believe her, though part of her knew what she was saying went against the very foundation of Eilistraee's teachings.[/i]
I never stab people in the back, it's much more pleasurable to be able to see the expression on their face.

Usstan xunus ol, Usstan saphun ol, lu''Dorn xun ol ''sohna
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The watching still in the tree convinces him that all Drow are crazy not just the silverhaired ones, eyes glance up to the light and tries to guess how quickly it will fade. The odds of wolves sceting where he is is very low, but they might find his bow at the base of the nearby tree. Should one search the nearby trees they have a slight chance of detecting the green body clinging to the green tree.
Alaunavin_Arabana
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaunavin_Arabana »

Alaunavin looked to the priestess with what looked of confusion. "If he is going to die, don't make one suffer. Dash I command the power of the wolf clan as I wish for the rest of you to guard the Drow male. I have hunting to do." She chanted a spell the clan master had taught her, she is a greats marksman and deadly at a distance but she feared she would be going head to head with a fellow archer. As her eyes were closed and with the spell she could see all, even with her eyes shut. Dash growled and found a bow against a tree as she had spotted a being in a tree.

"What is his crime you say he has committed?" As Alaunavin opened her eyes and looked towards the man in the tree showing she was not going to hurt no one unless attacked first. "Priestess again, what was his crime?" Unable to deal with a cruel punishments, she intervened which was not her thing. She had a bad feeling she was going to not live another day. She said a prayer to Eilistraee that she can talk this out... if not live to tell the tale....

Dash looked where Alaunavin was looking and saw nothing he looked to the priestesses and then to the drow male. Alaunavin, without turning around noticed Dash. She asked him "What is wrong boy?" Then it came to her... this Drow saved her life, but why? "You, why did you save my life if you just intend on harming me and these Priestesses?" She stopped to think of her words then, "I am not your enemy nor your friend, but I will not harm anyone who does not harm me. Once I get attacked I will fight back. So once again, why?" in a soften voice, hoping he will understand she did not try to harm him, only to protect them....
Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

Illorya opened her mouth to respond but Vorrick interrupted her.

"My [i:2bh257n6]crime[/i:2bh257n6] was treating her as an equal. I am guilty of not bowing down and treating her and her fellow priestesses as the spoiled little princesses they are." Looking at Illorya and grinning he adds, "I was pre-occupied my dear, not deafened."

Turning to face Alaunavin he says, "To answer your second question I saved your life because you saved mine. Despite what the priestess would have you believe I am not the usually breed of Drow. Like her I follow the words of Eilistraee and as you have done me no harm I shall do you none."

For a moment he seems to quiver and then the murderous glint returns to his eye as he regards Illorya. He begins mumbling almost incoherrently but the words torture, vengence, and pain are repeated often.
I never stab people in the back, it's much more pleasurable to be able to see the expression on their face.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Climbs dwom from the tree carefully, the wolves might acept him as he ihas live with them but perhaps not- the new Drow appears to hold them in some way. Let Drow take care of Drow, there still was a bow to retrive or flight from them all. The newcomer acted like she saw him, a clear danger.
Alaunavin_Arabana
Maid
Maid

As Alaunavin listens to Vorrick, Dash's twin brother and sister go running towards a tree. Alaunavin puts up a hand and focuses on the movement around the tree. She quickly takes aim and lets go of a whistling arrow and hits the tree with ease. Dash starts to go and she stops him with one word, "Stay!" Alaunavin starts to walk over but her bow is not a threat, not with her friends near the tree. She called to them "At ease!" as she gets closer she pats them on the head and looks at the stranger and smiles.

"I am Alaunavin, mind if I ask why my friends here think your a threat?" She was wondering why he was sneaking around when all he had to do was let them know he was there. The wolves growled but stopped as they got a whiff of him. Surprised. She looked to him again, then realized he was a ranger himself, or thought he was, the way the wolves stopped growling. Alaunavin bend down and whispered into the young female and she bolted for the pack. Only to come back with Dash who growled and did not stop. "Nice bow, made from fine wood." Her eyes not going far from the stranger....
Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

As Alaunavin goes off to the tree Vorrick looks towards it but can see nothing. Moving slowly so as not to upset the wolves Vorrick begins searching around the area where he had been tied up for his equipment.

Finding his pack not far from where he had been tortured he found his dagger and slid it back into his boot. He was happy to find that his sword and belt were also with his pack as well as his chain shirt. Searching through his pack he found a cloth shirt to wear under his protective covering, his old one long since reduced to shreds under the lash. Finally fastening his sword belt around his waist he looks to the first victim of his earlier aggression. Checking to make sure she's still breathing he uses his dagger to cut her bonds.

Straightening he calls over to Illorya, "Illorya your fellow spoiled princess is in need of attention and I am no healer." Without looking to see if she responded Vorrick began walking, slowly still so as not to upset the wolves, to where Alaunavin seemed to be talking to someone.

Bristling at Vorrick's insolence Illorya began heading towards her companion. Speaking to herself she says, "I will not let this pass. I am a priestess of Eilistraee and I will not be ordered about and interrupted by a mere male. Whoever this strange female is it is clear she cannot be reasoned with, so I must find a way to eliminate her as an obstacle to giving Vorrick what he deserves."

Alaunavin_Arabana
Maid
Maid

Alaunavin felt very uncomfortable... and thought there was trouble behind her... She looked to male drow and did not know who to trust... but something was not right. "Dash I believe this stranger is not bad.. or at least not as bad as them over there... Protect him at all costs my friend. I know you will do well. Since I am better with a bow than a sword I will keep my distances, now go!" She looked to the stranger and then to his bow.. she grabbed it and said "I think you will be needing this. I am not apart of this group yet I can't think of no one who should be with out their weapons in this manner of meeting. Honestly, I do not know who to trust... I just want everyone to be alive... " Letting herself trail off she gets her bow ready...
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

The howl was the first thing that alerted her to trouple. Silke has heard the sounds of tourture before here on Toril in Faerun's Underdark and in the shadowed back alleys of Panama City, Baghdad, and Faluja. She looked to her two companions both warriors from Earth and signled them to hide. Next Silke made sure that her father, whom she just rescued from her Lolth loving aunt Akordia not more that a couple of weeks ago, was safe.

Both Andrea Maine, a Captian of Military Police, and Neal Patwin, a Major of Infantry and a Ranger (in both senses of the term) stayed with Hans Friedrich Rahn, Silke's father. Knowing that he was safe Silke ventured forth with her German made sword-rapier and its companion dagger drawn. As usual when faced with possible danger she slide from view in plane sight of any observer and quietly made her way towards the sounds of commotion ahead of her.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

Approaching Alaunavin, Vorrick stops a short distance away, close enough he can be heard without raising his voice but far enough that she was out of reach of his sword.

"I would like to offer you my thanks for your intervention in my actions. I have been 30 years out of the Underdark and 50 away from the poison of Lolth but the actions of these so-called priestesses of Eilistraee brought back some old habits. I will not deny that I would like nothing more than to see them suffer for what they did to me but I thank you for stopping me."

Looking at the wolves he asks, "So are you a druid or were you raised by wolves?" His grin makes it clear he meant the last as a joke.

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke observed the Drow male talking to the dark haired Drow female. She hoped that the female's wolves would not sense her before she had fully evaluated the situation, but to be on the safe side Silke quietly fetched some jerky from one of her pouches. Like on missions here and later on Earth she found the best way to befriend a canine was through its stomach.

Now if the wolves would just pay more attention to protecting their companion and not divert it to her, Silke could continue to eavesdrop on the conversation. If nothing else it had been a long time since she had heard so much Drow spoken out loud. On Earth most of her family and friends had been there long enough speaking English to get along many have out of habbit stopped speaking the mother tongue.

Silke was sure the matter at hand would not delay the return to the place where she, Andrea Maine, and Neil Patwin crossed over from Earth to Toril from. It was important to be in the place that they entered this world from Earth as only at the entry point could they reactivate the recall device for Rabbit Hole. Silke had to return to Earth. She had the Spring Semester at Washburn to teach, hopefully Dr. Farley and the Washburn Board of Regents won't hold this emergency trip against her. Dr. John Paul covered her classes while she was here, but he did not know her material as well as she did, after all Silke lived some of it.

"Teaching anyone on Earth about a place like Toril one has to do it as a comparative study of mythologies. In my case it helps to be a non-human it makes the students pay more attention," thought Silke as she watched the interactions between the male and female Drow from the comforting embrace of the shadows.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Alaunavin_Arabana
Maid
Maid

"Let me introduce myself, I am Alaunavin Arabana. And I was raised by my parents." smile came to her face as she spoke.

"I had saved a few wolves when I was 13yrs old and well they sort of made me apart of the pack. I am their elder for the last 52 years now. Since my mother had died not long after then and my father was killed in the underdark for some reason. I lived with an moon elf since till his death by an small group of drow. The wolves though have always been my family as i am to them. I do not control them unless in a battle. Yet they work on their own will."

Alaunavin looks to the wolves and sees them all doing what they were asked. She looks back to the man before her and says with a worried look.. "I do not trust those who had you tied to the tree..." she breaks off as she looks to try and locate them...

Dash was watching the elf in the tree and his sister started to sniff around... she was just like Dash but usually ends up loving the intruders. Her name is Lily for her fur is brilliantly white and her eyes as blue as the sky. She was sniffing around followed closely by two very large wolf brothers. You could say she was a princess of the pack with her guards.

Her ears perk up as she gets a sent and howls loudly.....
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke controlling her breath just made like she was part of the shadow she faded into. Her icy blue eyes looked around she hoped the wolve female was just in heat and in need of a lover. That would be all she need right now. Guess if all else fails she might get the girl a snack and befriend her like she does most animals when on a mission.

"Now just which pocket in this pouch has the beef jerkey in it," Silke thought to herself.

Truly she did not need any combat right now. From her time in Neverwinter to now she has tasted more combat than she could care to remember.

"When I get back to Earth, I am really going to have to see the psychologist at the V.A.," she thought as she let a part of her mind wonder over the various fights in her life. Nothing seen by an Earth soldier could compare to the horrors that Silke has seen in her years. It did not get worse than facing down dragons or devils and the aftermath of those events made her use almost all her willpower to keep from going over the deep end.

"Come on doggie stay more interested in your boyfriends than me girlie," thought Silke still watching the female wolf.
Alaunavin_Arabana
Maid
Maid

In a calm manner, she followed the new and surprisingly new scent. Lily showed no aggression as for this smell did not seem to be evil or dangerous to her. She looked around and changed direction... she asked to be given some space by her guards... They did not not back off.. Finally she bared her teeth and briseled to her brothers. At the same time both of them backed up and turned.... but they did not smell the new comer like she had.. That is what Lily was hoping for... after she already gave the word to the rest of the pack that there was a new being watching their friend.

Lily might be a wolf, she might get aggressive, but she likes to do things in the right manner. She relaxes hers her tail and her features almost like she was a pet, tail wagging and looking to play. Lily did not want to scar off this being... she wants to know why it has not shown her self just yet... She just hopes that this being is truely good for she will get an ear full when Dash hears of this later.

Lily sniffs into the shadows, getting farther and farther away till she sees a figure hiding well, her friend would never would have found her in here she though as her eyes have a warm glow as this female sits looking for something... Lily hopes that it is not a weapon as she sits wagging her tail, then she lays down and cocks her head to show she means her no harm as she watches her......
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke notices though she remained concealed from the others, the female wolf is smarter than the rest and figured where she was.

"Eureka!" she thought as her hand finally found the plastic zip-lock package of beef jerky her friend Petra made for her before she left on this journey. Silently Silke opens the package and nimblely withdraws a nice piece of the jerked meat.

The Jerkey was a made from a recipe that Petra's adoptive father used. It was spicey without being overbearing. Having just the right tang and bite to make even a Drow and in Silke's case a Half-Drow's mouth interested in the jerkey. Though dried to travel well the jerked beef melted in one's mouth.

Silke slowly, silently brought the piece out of her pouch and offered it to the female wolf.

"What is your name sweet creature?" whispered Silke just audible enough to be heard by the wolf.