Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

Hearing behind the door her sister speak so untrusting to her, Night Rain could only understand after the most recent events in the last few days. She had no clue how to make her sister see she was telling the truth, now she needs to get her Lord to see that she is not an evil being. Night Rain stood and knocked on the door before letting herself in. Seeing her sister glow made Night smile. 'She will do great things for both surface and drow alike' Night thought.

When Night Rain entered first thing she did was turn her eyes to the floor and kneel before both Lord and her sister Quin. "We have a problem sister, those in the cellar are not our family and friends... They are very dangerous drow and they are here for you." Night raises her eyes to meet her sisters that told the truth and sincerity. She just prayed to Eilistraee that Quin would trust her as she had her full trust in Quin.
Last edited by Nightrain on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

Natahn walks up the stairs and says "ok the cellar is closed...oh we have company...royalty it appears...i do hope yo dont mind if i don't bow my back is somewhat damaged and i have an enormous cramp in my thighs (:D) but the cellar is locked up and i must somehow transform quin back to her drow form...that is if she wishes it but i will need help from your mages my leige.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Maya blinked her eyes a few times, taking a few deep breaths to allow her -- still uneasy -- sense of balance to return.

- "Yeah... Hard to remember what happened now too..."

She smiled at the older elf. It felt somewhat reassuring that, even though they were both healers, the one looking over her felt the same way about healing that she did. In all, resting up until the morning would be what she'd have told herself as well if she could think straight. Instead, she simply nodded, lying down in her bed again as she muttered a soft goodnight, falling asleep shortly afterwards.

- "Lolth's blessings to you..." :zzz:

She [i:abf6y9iv]did[/i:abf6y9iv] still see herself as a cleric of Lolth despite her exile after all...
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Aenor grinned as he followed his nephew through the halls of the palace.

"So, my son's fallen in love, has he? I should like to meet her now, but I shall wait until tomorrow."

Athariel grinned back and prayed to any god listening that the walls would muffle the sound enough. That was, of course, assuming that they decided to...Athariel shuddered and showed the king and his party to their quarters.

Aenor, laying in the most comfortable bed he had ever slept in, was soon asleep.

Athariel, having finally showed everyone, including Nathan, their rooms, yawned, and headed for his own bed.

Naomi started when Maya blessed her in the name of Lolth. Then she remembered the words of her son, and smiled.

Having left the room, she found her son and he found someplace for her to sleep. Soon, she, too, was slumbering.

Malek held Quin tightly in his arms, and listened as she spoke about her doubts.

"You will find the strength inside you. It will happen soon, I am sure." When the stranger burst in, Malek jumped between Quin and the stranger. He listened for a while and said, "Stand up. I won't have anyone bowing to me."

When she stood, he steeped up close to her, and looked in her eyes. His own sapphire eyes were clear, and looked deep into Night Rain.

"There are many secrets in your eyes, sister of Quin, but you are trustworthy. You have my leave to stay here for a while. At least until we have this siege over and done with." He walked out into the hall, and looked about. "I regret that there is no one around to show you to your quarters, but I shall direct you to a room. Take a left in the hall, then go down the stairs. There should be a room directly across from you. If there is nothing else, I bid you good night."
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

Nathan paces back and forth while thinking of what spells to prepare for the next day. A grin suddenly comes to his face as he gets a very nasty idea.

OOC: you'll have to find out what the spells are when everyone wakes up. :devil: .
Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

Shocked yet did as Malek had told her, Night left the two alone and smiled to them both. Things would be well as she found her room as soon was sound asleep.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Watching how Malek handled this drow, Quin looked relieved. Maybe her heart was telling her the truth, that Night is good like she is. But if she had truly been watching over her then Lightning must have known.

Alone now with Malek, for the first time since they have met. She had no idea what was going to happen next. Quin did have one thing on mind and that was to hold him all night long.. but did he want the same thing or more? She walked in front of him and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. Shocked herself as she made the move before he could. Quin smiled as she closed her eyes in his arms.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Everyone except Malek is asleep.

Malek, closed the door behind him, and turned around to Quin. She caught him completely off guard when she jumped into her arms. He returned her kiss just as lovingly as he could.

As the kiss broke, he picked her up, and carried her bridal style to the bed. Laying her down, he kissed her on the cheek, and walked over to the candles and blew them out. Then he walked over to the fireplace, and put out most of the fire, but left a little of it glowing.

Laying down next to her, he said, "Good night, my darling Quin," and was soon asleep.
Last edited by Malek on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC: 1.The healing spells are probably a good idea Maya-chan.
2. *Whew* Malek managed to keep this in the PG rating.

IC: Nathan wakes up the next morning (I hope that no one get's annoyed that I jump ahead in the plot... we've spent way too much time on one night), and goes to his books. He pulls out a very old tome with rune's engraved all over it. He opens the tome and smiles, "Can't go wrong with a fireball" he mutters. As he continues to read a wicked gleam enters his eye and malicious laughter spreads throughout the room.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Stirring before the sun peaked over the horizon, Quin opened her eyes to see Malek still sleeping. She slowly got out of bed and dressed. Quin smiled at him sleeping deeply. Instead of going out the door she looked to the window and opened it. Looking down she smiled and jumped out silently landed on the ground. Running to the stables she busted in to see Lightning rearing to go.

"Hey handsome, how are you this morning? Did you sleep well my fine friend?" Lightning pawed the grown and whinnied loudly with joy to see his friend.

Quin smiled as a new day brought a new journey. She went and got for grain and hay for his breakfast. Cleaning his stall as he ate and brushed him down and cleaned his hoofs. Quin thought of what this day will bring, and she frowned. Will they see she will not be used as a weapon. Lightning gave her a little nudge and she petted him upon his head. "Let me use my magic to create you some armor my friend." Lightning pawed and snorted his approval as he knows Quin never cared to use magic except to protect others.

Quin closed her eyes and started to concentrate upon a magical armor made just for Lightning. Having the thought in mind, her body began to glow. She placed her hands palm against palm as she spoke a language that was not her own. The spell was long and after the incantation a light appeared right infront of Lightning. He reared up and backed out of the barn, but stayed close enough to Quin.

Quin opened her eyes to see the light bright. Realizing it was not a light but armor. She walks up to it and inspects it. Silver as shiny as mirror reflecting the sun, with sapphire, and emeralds spread all over it in a elven style. Quin recognized the symbol upon the plates, it was of Eilistraee. Also had a lightning bolt along the trim, it was just for Lightning, no other horse could wear it. Lightning came trotting back in and looked upon the armor that he was going to be wearing. "Well boy, what you think? You ready to give this a try?" With a light shining within the steeds eyes, she knew he was ready.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Maya stirred for a whikle before actually waking up. She was dreaming that she was fighting a wild animal, and it had pinned her down by one of her legs. Waking up with a start, she noticed that she had been fighting her blanket, and judging by the way the fabric had twisted around her leg she could guess what had caused the dream just then.

Shaking her head, she set about [strike:1vw1jq5t]making a grapple roll vs. inanimate objects[/strike:1vw1jq5t] freeing her limbs, taking a deep breath as she looked around. Wrapping the blanket around herself, she walked over to the window, shielding her eyes from the brightness of the sun. Looked like her concussion wasn't yet healed fully, she'd better take it easy today.

Groaning, she went back to where she had slept, putting on her clothes, trying not to think too much about who took them off the night before. No, scratch that. Trying not to think [i:1vw1jq5t]at all[/i:1vw1jq5t], if this headache was any indication. Satisfied with the way she had out her armor on, she walked out of her room, trying to find whoever else she was sharing this building with.

If only her head didn't hurt this much.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Malek
Champion

Malek

Post by Malek »

OOC: It's getting hard to RP all of these characters, and there weren't any takers in the OOC thread, so I will be posting once per character, and denoting which character I'm posting as at the top. If anyone changes their minds about picking up an extra char, you know where to tell me.

IC: Malek awoke to find himself alone. At first, he feared that something had happened, but that feeling faded as he became more awake. As his awareness sharpened, he heard Quin's beautiful voice from his window. Still dressed in only loose black pants, he stepped in front of the open window and stretched.

Looking out at the compound, he saw Quin creating armor on Lightning. Only then was he reminded of last night's events. Looking about quickly, he saw no drow, nor any signs of an advancing army. Well, he said to himself, it is daytime.

Reflecting on last night, he nearly laughed at how ridiculously long the night was. It was almost like the gods had purposefully extended the night, just for he and his friends to learn a few lessons. He chuckled and looked back at Quin.

This, he realized, was his first time seeing her in daylight. Malek could see damn well in the dark, better than most, but in broad daylight, she is so beautiful! He knew that the siege had not been a dream, and that by nightfall there would be fighting again. If we get through this, Malek said to himself, I'm going to marry her.

Malek moved away from the window to get dressed, armor and all. When finally outfitted, he, too jumped out the window. Despite his suit of chainmail, he was as silent as a shadow when he snuck into the stables. He was only a few feet from Quin, and she didn't appear to have noticed him. So, he did the only natural thing, and playfully tackled her into a bale of hay.

Malek
Champion

Aenor

Post by Malek »

Aenor woke and for a moment could not remember where he was. After a moment he recalled the events of last night. Jumping out of bed, he fell on the floor for his morning warm-up: 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups.

He'd been doing that every morning since he started his training, and he had kept up the habit. He noticed that if he didn't he was lazy and sleepy throughout the day.

Having finished, he got dressed, and made his way to the kitchen, where he thought he heard the sounds of someone crashing about and making a mess.

Malek
Champion

Naomi

Post by Malek »

Naomi woke and slowly shuffled out of bed. She stretched and yawned. "I hate mornings," she mumbled as she stood and wandered over to the dresser where she had tossed her holy symbol. Picking it up, she knelt in prayer to Corellan Larethian.

After her prayers, she dressed and, before leaving, looked in the mirror to make sure her robes were on straight. After she was reassured, she left and found the room where the young girl was sleeping.

She started when she saw Maya leave the room. "Where are you going, child? You are not yet healed, and should stay in bed at least another day." She walked over to her and took her hand to check her pulse. Then she tried to lead Maya back to her room.

Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

She laid in bed staring up at the ceiling. Night knew there was going to be some action. She was ready, but was not so sure bout her sister. As her sister does not know, this is her family. Her clan. Who would have thought she would be joining her sister against her own family. A smile came across her face and said out loud, "It feels right!"

Night jumped out of bed and placed on her leather armor she has came in with and strapped on her daggers and sword. Placed her quiver and bow upon her back, tied her simple leather boots. Looking into the mirror she made one prayer. "Eilistraee, I know you can hear. Watch over my dear baby sister for me. I will fight and defend the one who can bring most of the drow to see and understand. War is Not the answer!. I know she will bring peace to all. I feel her power even now." As she finished she made the sign of Eilistraee upon her heart and bowed to the Dark Maiden.

As she stepped out of the room she saw a small drow and another moon elf. She was unsure if they would attack her or not. But she just continued out with a warm smile upon her face and greeted them. "Vendui"