Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC: nope i have no problems with that...your basically the DM here so i kind of have to listen to you and Quin(...and any administrator that decides not to like me and starts yelling at me <.< , >.> whew no one yet)

IC: Athariel finds Nathan engrossed in a book just outside of maya's room with an expression filled with sorrow and regret on his face. he looks up at athariel and ask's, "is the lord Malek or the lady Quin up yet? And is there abything i can do for you?"

OOC: this kind of requires a decently fast answer so if you would all please hop to it?
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: You underestimate these palace doors. Did you see The Lord of the Rings? These are big doors. Large enough to let an entire 8x8 phalanx in.

IC: As Athariel searches for Nathan, he passes by the King's Chambers, where Malek lays on the bed and Melari sits nearby as she worries. He leaves to find Nathan, for he has no time to stop and worry about his cousin.

He soon finds Nathan outside of one of the guest rooms, reading a book. As Nathan looks up and glumly asks his question, Athariel inspects the ward on the door.

"It is not yet dawn, and I would not count on Malek until midday tomorrow. Quin, I am unsure of, for I do not know where your spell took her." Having finished inspecting the ward, he turns to Nathan. "There is something you could help me with. Do you recall the drow in the wine cellar? With Malek out cold, I need your help to get rid of them. However, before we deal with that, why so sullen? Is something wrong?"
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC:...i didn't cast a spell on her, i have an invisible stalker following her around though XD

IC: *sigh* looks back at the door then turns to athariel and says " i'm responsible for maya getting hurt. I even tried to protect her and i failed miserably and now i'm not sure if she will wake up again! that's what's wrong! as to your drow problem let's go see if we can find Quin and then lets wake up Malek." *starts to leave then turns back to the door and leaves a note right outside* "guuan phor ulnin lotha uss." (wake up soon little one.)
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Quin hated not knowing what was going on inside... she looks to the doors and judged them. Maybe she could get someones attention and open the doors and she would try to go in... Quin scratched at the doors to be let in, noticing the damage she growls. She began to bang on the doors with her paw. Quin then paces and waits for someone to hear. Finally getting impatient she growls loudly that everyone inthe woods would hear her. She looked to the walls and then back to the doors as she lays down and waits.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: [quote:hzlqeugv]...i didn't cast a spell on her, i have an invisible stalker following her around though XD[/quote:hzlqeugv]

I know, but Athariel doesn't. *wallows in his superior RP skills*

j/k.

Oh, by the way. Quin, don't worry. We'll get to you soon. It's night and you are currently RPing at dawn.

IC: Athariel listens patiently to Nathan as he talks about his worries. "Don't worry. She will be fine. She will stay alive, and when our people come, my mother will be there. She is a fine healer. Maya will be fine." He pauses and begins to walk in the direction of the wine cellar. "Does she know how much you care?"

After Nathan's response, he replies, "I must forbid you from waking Malek. My sincerest apologies, but he is unconcious. He does not even dream in the state he is in now."
Last edited by Malek on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC: shut up you (talking to malek's player)

IC: *sigh* "No athariel i don't think she knows or would even care about me even if she did, by our standards she's just a child! but... *looks back down the hall* i cant help but feel protective of her there's...just...something that makes me want to protect her even if my life is on the line. Must be this damnable empathy that i'm cursed with. *sigh's again* ok lets see the duration of my invisible stalker is just about up so... AHAH there it is *points down a corridor to a slight shimmer in the air*...at least i hope thats mine *looks at athariel* you don't have a rogue one around here do you? oops sorry it's mine. *turns to the shimmer and starts speaking avian* oh... ok then...yes very well yes yes yes your part of the bargain is fulfilled you can go now. *turns back to athariel* the lady quin is polymorphed outside the gates into a large wolfish creature lets go let her in no?

OOC: Confusing neh? basically i'm about to let you in quin and Nathan is feeling protective of Maya...she may kill me for that latter though (yes i know she's a minor but still it's not that kind of relationship yet...it may never be for that matter i just hope she posts soon)
Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

In the darkness of the shadows there is a stranger that sits on the wall looking down at the giant winged wolf. Her eyes are as red as rubies and her skin is as dark as the drow should be, and her hair is as silver as the moon. She has been tracking down this half/drow for years and years and had finally found her when another family has an army knocking at the doors.

This drow is just sits watching to see what this creature could do, will she destroy this place or is her sister learning how to control the power of the Gods? Night Rain thinks to herself as she wonders if she was on the right side of the line, or is Eilistraee trying to tell her that what Lolth is doing the right thing by destroying all that is good. She has been wondering if she has been following the right Goddess.

Quin and her have the same father, and Night Rain was ordered to kill her own family. Night had a close bond with their father, and could not do it, when the others found this out they banned her from her home. Unless she kills her sister she could never go back. She has been watching for a few days, Night Rain did not want to get too close for she did not know how the Pegasus would react to her since she is a drow.

Her friends are in the palace and did not want them to be harmed as they were there not to harm them in any manner. Night Rain hopes they will be merciful to them as she knows Quin by observing her she would be. All she could do is wait and see what her sister will do next.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Athariel nods to Nathan and decides that he should leave Nathan to his feelings. Remembering Quin, he tuns, and as he walks briskly towards the front door, he asks Nathan to go to the wine cellar.

At the door, he draws back the bolt, and heaves back one of the heavy doors.

Melari sits in the large bedroom, trying not to give herself a heart attack. She worried so much about Malek, even more than their mother did. It was like she was a full two centuries older than a reckless child. She laughed and remembered Malek during his fifties. Though she hadn't been in her twenties yet, Malek was crazier than she was.

As she looked down to her older brother, she noticed he was crying.

Malek was in pain. As he laid in the bed, his heart writhed in agony. He couldn't stop the image of the sword entering Quin's side. It played over and over again. He was unaware, but his eyes were shedding tears from the emotional pain of that image. Soon, he couldn't hold back. A man can only take so much.

Wrenching his eyes open, he bolted up in bed. "NO!" Looking around, he saw that he was not outside, but in the palace. He saw Melari, but not Quin. He jumped out of bed, to find her, but the throbbing in his head caused him to go weak at the knees, and fall over.

Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

Nathan unlocks the wine cellar door and enters the large...and i mean large (goddamn do elves love there wine!) room ready for anything but what he was not ready for was...nothing :eek: no movement, no sound just row upon row of bottles of wine. Nathan relaxed a bit and sighed...and that is when a globe of darkness descended over him.

OOC: the fight scene here would just be too complicated so i'll wait until malek and co. open the door to the cellar as well to tell what happend
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

As she waits she thinks of Malek and his condition. Quin is worried and hoped he was going to be alright. The wind blows and the cooling feeling felt good over her still healing body, but a new scent is upon the drift in the wind. She turns her head once again to the wall, and gets up for she swore she saw something as the door opens.

Quin turns her head to see if it was Malek who opened it, but it was Athariel. With out a word she runs past him and follows Malek's scent, making sure her wings were tight against her body she squeezes through the doors till she gets to his chamber doors. Able to walk into his room. She gasped when she saw him on the floor and yet she could not hold him as she was not herself at the time. Tears comes to her eyes as she lays next to him.

As Quin was laying there she couldn't help remembering the smell of a new stranger that was at the palace, she looks to Malek's sister and says, "We have company not just in the castle but also out side... I don't know who it is but don't harm them unless they attack first, still keep your guard up just the same."
Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

A smile comes across her face as she watches the wolf go into the palace, she has been sensed by her sister. Good now she has to wait and see if she has the darkness take over her or if she will be as good as the Goddess her self would be.

Night Rain looks to the other side of the wall, the drow are moving closer. She would not have that, she called upon the wind to give a message to her companions not to do nothing. If they start a fight, then they will be harmed. They follow her not their family and clan. She is a find druid she is, but she perfers to be seen as who she really is for her first time meeting her sister Quin. Instead of knocking she jumps off the wall and runs as fast as she could to get in through those doors before they were closed.

Once she was in she looked to the moon elf and smiled warmly to him. She bows for she is in a noble's presence. Not waiting for his reaction she follows her sister through the palace and sees her walk into a room... Night Rain sits around the corner able to hear what is said... Her smile widens when she was right, her sister follows the Goddess Eilistraee just as she does. No harm will come to those who are innocent. She just hopes the others in the castle are the same manner as her sister Quin.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: I don't know if I've ever described Melari or Athariel as far as fighting class goes, but I will do so now. Athariel is a relatively high level Arcane Archer. Melari does not have a class, but she took up archery as a hobby.

IC: Melari rushed over to Malek as he fell, but was beaten to him by a huge wolf with wings. In her state of worry she was frightened.

"Shoo! Get out of here!" As she looked around for something to use as a makeshift weapon, she remembered that it was a shapeshifted Quin. She turned back, quite red in the face. "Sorry, Quin. I forgot that you had changed your form." Walking to Malek, she picked him up under his arms and dragged him back to the bed. As she did, she could hear him mutter quietly, "Quin...Quin..." over and over. She heaved him back up onto the bed.

Athariel ran through the palace, and found the mysterious drow next to Malek's chambers. The only reason he hadn't caught her instantly was that he'd needed to close the door, and the thing was damn heavy. Whipping out his bow, he charged an arrow with magical energy. He pointed it right between her eyes.

"What are you doing here?"
Last edited by Malek on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

As she watched her sister and the two elves, she did not hear the fourth elf... Night growled to herself for her stupid mistake. She looked the the charged arrow pointed right at her and amazonly all she could do was smile. She then looked to the elf behind the bow and all she could do was say why she was there.

"I am Night Rain, and I am Quin's half sister. I wish to speak to her as I have been watching her for these past few days. Did you know that you had company here three drow's as a matter of fact. They are with me and they mean you no harm."

Still with the smile on her face she tries to move so the wolf would see her or even get a wiff of her. Watching the arrow moving with every step she took.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

A sigh comes from Quin as she looks to Melari. "Don't worry I understood, I would have freaked out too if I was to see a giant wolf come in." With a weak laugh she looks to Malek and wonders if he is to wake soon. "Shouldn't we wake him, I will heal him but he needs to be conscious in order to do so." But before Melari could answer she heard the voice of Athariel, Quin growled and got up to see what was going on... Then she smelled that scent again.

As soon as she stuck her head out of the door she saw another drow. There was something very familiar bout her. "Athariel, calm yourself." Quin continued to growl at this stranger as she tries to figure out how she looks so familiar. "What do you want?" As her eyes looks deep into this female drow, she froze as those eyes looked just like her... she broke off, no. It cant be she thought to herself.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Athariel listened questioningly to the words of Night Rain. It was plain that he did not believe her. However, when Quin didn't rip her to shreds, Athariel decided to consider the possibility. Keeping a level head, he pressed her about the other drow that she mentioned.

"Your comrades. Are they in the palace, or are they outside? Please answer quick, for I am due to purge our wine cellar of some drow."

Melari shook her head when she finally got Malek settled on the bed.

"There is very little to heal, aside from exhaustion. You saw the magnitude of the blast that he let loose from his sword, yes? For him to do that, it requires a great amount of magical energy. He channels his own energy, a bit of his life force, into the sword in order to compensate. While this has no negative effects in the long term, it does leave him unconscious. He should wake up some time tomorrow, but he will be exhausted for a day or two."