A Lost and Weary Rogue

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa nods at the elf, his amusement dying away as the expected whimsical names did not come. He merely shakes his head as his expectations were thwarted. However, in the midst of the name-throwing, Doxa never mentioned his own, tactfully posing other questions.

"I am curious.. what is the fire in the sky? Why are you not burned away by it's sheer brilliance? Does a god that favors you surface-dwellers and bless you with such an ability?"

Doxa was obviously a learned man who knew of the sun, a thing few drow could boast much knowledge of. Yet still he egged his captors on, wondering if it was feasible to feign surrender and go back to his people with vital information. However, the theory is dismissed as his eyes settle on a cold drow body riddled with arrows. He merely shakes his head again, and strange happenings were stirring within him. However, the drow brushed it off as the surface air. He had been warned there would be adverse side-effects of staying on the surface too long.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: That means "Light take you" It is a curse upon a drow, a curse upon non-drow is "Oloth Plynn Dos!" meaning "Darkness take you!" He is tactfully saying that he believes Doxa'era is playing the fool on purpose.

IC: "That is the Lady Chauntea's light that provides us with wholesome and nurturing warmth as she raises and nurtures our bodies. If you do not know of it already; Ssussun Pholor Dos is a phrase of yours I belive?" Replies Mernath; not asking the evasive name of his "captive."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

ooc: A nude female get no reaction, a shapeshifter gets no reaction. Name gets a bit of a reaction?

IC: Pads along following the two males listening to the conversation.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

OOC: Drow are exposed to sex as young as possible. Naked women are nothing new to Doxa and he's learned to curb any lust.

IC: Doxa frowns at the elf as the curse leaves his lips. "So you lead me to my eventual death at the hands of the fire that burns the sky?" Obviously, Doxa was a well-drilled pupil of Lloth's terroristic priestesses, filling his head with lies as many other dark and control-oriented religions do. The drow sighs, paying no mind to the elf that mysteriously vanished behind him. Somehow the footsteps of Spring faded away and became four clawed paws. The drow suspected that the wolf was some sort of companion to the elf, yet voiced no curiosity on the matter. Doxa's head was already reeling from the willingness of the elves to take him both alive and in peace.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: BQ you should know by now; NONE of my characters are ordinary ;) So why should he be surprised that yours isn't? Also I apologise if I keep changing tense, I find myself doing it more frequently these days - I'm only 18 and I'm already senile.

IC: "The light of Chaunteau will do you no harm, despite whatever your bitch priestesses may have taught you." Mernath replies, his voice impassionate even when cursing the drow priestesses. "It hurts your eyes to look directly at it though, so I find it easier not to; I advise you to do the same." Mernath keeps walking, making a hand sign now and again to an unseen sentry to let himself and his guests pass. He hears the footsteps of Spring change also, but he has seen enough bizarre and dreadful things in his life to curb his curiosity.

Like his own reflection in the mirror...
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Grows softly at the scent of the unseen sentry. Continues to follows the two males, the camp is clearly coming near. Pading a little closer because elves too often shoot wolves.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

The drow glances around at the forest around him, his heat-seeing eyes studying for any true movement, half expecting an arrow to come from a hidden area and pierce his heart. His teeth grind together as thoughts travel through his mind. Of course, he expected to be executed upon reaching the commander, a betrayal of the two elven companions. However, he wouldn't think less of them. In fact, the drow preferred a spectacle for his death rather than dying in some obscure forest. Besides, it would give him more time to curse the once-his goddess, Lloth. She had betrayed him, he felt. Sure, drow betrayed each other, but why would a goddess betray her people? This question, among others, vexed Doxa for a moment before he says, "I heard that on the surface.. temperatures are inconsistent. They change constantly... Can you explain that?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Sorry for the delay.

IC: Mernath makes a few more signals to his fellows before replying. "Unlike in your home, day and night bring warmth and cold respectively; and we have four seasons - spring, summer, autumn, winter - which have their own weathers." He keeps walking and suddenly a clearing is filled with elves in dark green and grey - the better to camoflage with the forest.

"Mernath. Hail and welcome, but you bring guests?" Comes a sharp but jovial voice from across the clearing. An almost regal elf sits with a gigantic bow across his knee, twanging the string occasionally like a string instrument. He gets up and turns to Doxa'era. "You are very welcome."

He turns then to the wolf; "As are you." He says in Sylvan, the language of fey and forest creatures.
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa'era stares at the elf that welcomed him, being very suspicious of the absence of suspician. So much so, it provokes him to ask, "I am welcome? Just like that?" He becomes wary of the elf. "Why? You show love to an enemy, perhaps even an assassin..."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Spring pads forward snarling at the bow, trying to guage the jump needed to remove the evil bow. The welcome from the holder of the bow ignored.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Please tell me if this is taking liberties with your storyline, I tried to fit it into what you've already said.

IC: The elf booms a fruity laugh. "Oh really? Well I'm afraid to say that you were followed the last three days of your journey to the surface by our scouts. We know that you intended a raid, and we know from Mernath that you are unarmed and alone. What we don't know are your intentions, and that is what you were brought here to find out." He drops his bow to his chair and motions to a robed man behind him who passes a few esoteric gestures and showering the clearing in a dim but warm light.

"Just a precaution against untruth or concealment, but that also applies to me. First, which stronghold or city of the underdark did you set out from in your raid?"
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa found it amusing, "It's under the ground." But he goes somewhat further to ask, "Why? Do you wish to raid on it or invade it yourselves? Or perhaps even seal the entrance? If you do want to seal them off, I'd be glad to help you." None of these statements were untrue or in any way concealed. Though his answers were somewhat unspecific, that didn't make them untrue. He was tired of the priestesses of Lloth and wasn't too hasty at covering it up. He never really took their teachings seriously, except when it came to survival and fighting. Doxa laughs a bit, "Oh, what a good feeling it is to speak my dormant mind and not feel the lash of a whip. Too long, I have been kept quiet through fear..." Still, Doxa had kept true to the parameters against the spell cast.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Spring pleased that the bow was dropped not pleased at the words, with a thogh transforms back into her elven form. The two daggers appearing in her hand.

"He is under my protection you will not harm him. I am commenly addressed Spring by others of my race."

Glances to the spell caster behind and decides the spell is not important.

"Tanuuriel, the fact of lack of trust perhaps purdent, but is it within the teaching?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Ah a prudent answer." Replies Tanuuriel. "Do not be afraid that we mean to raid your city ourselves; we have no interest in war, only in defense. And please, feel free to vent emotion, none shall punish you here without due cause; unlike your previous experiences I am sure."

Tanuuriel seems unphased by the sudden appearance of Spring. "Ah Lady spring, I wondered very much when I would have the honour of seeing you. I have no intention of harming this man, although I do need to question him on several matters. Though on this "teaching" you have me at a loss."
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

OOC: Sorry guys! I'm back!

IC: The drow smirks but remains silent. He looks to Spring with her daggers drawn and then back to the elf that had been questioning him. "If you're concerned about defense, you obviously have enough preparation. Your questions are not relevant since you can overtly defend yourselves against the dark elves." With that said, Doxa moves toward Spring, as if to take his leave with the woman.