A Lost and Weary Rogue

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The elf is mildly surprised by the appearance of the new elf but does not take his eyes off Doxa'era, nor does he move his knife one fraction of an inch except to keep it still at his throat.

"Usstan xunus naut telanth Usstan orn'la naut jivviim dos, Usstan telanthus Usstan xunus naut daewl ulu. Usstan tlun ulu plynn dos kul'gobuss lu'sila dos p'los ussta sut'rinos."

("I did not say I would not hurt you, I said I did not wish to. I am to take you prisoner and bring you before my commander.")

And to the female. "If you wish to heal, then would you please remove this dagger out of my back. It chafes something frightful."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Her blue eyes spark with fustration as she shakes her head slightly, her long silver hair shifting about her body.

"Waela jalukul, dos tu'ssinssrin ulu el? (Foolish males, you both desire to die?)

Speaks to Doxa'era "Dos kuuv dosst dro ulu wahven niar lu'kuuv dosst ehmtu vlos. A uss nindel xunus naut izin biu b'luth'ol dal hitting dos? (You dare your life to waste water and dare your own blood. At one that did not allow an arrow from hitting you?)"

Eyes turn to Tyrmer (character name not yet known) and speaks to him.

"Usstan paken dosst b'luthyrr p'wal dos zhahen waela. Usstan shlu'ta plynn l'keeshe, jhal l'valzu zhah l'byr. Dos belbau uns'aa l'keeshe wun dosst rah lu'Usstan orn plynn l'keeshe dal dosst rath. (I took your bow because you were foolish. I can take the dagger, but the cost is the other. You give me the dagger in your hand and I will take the dagger from your back.)"

Steps slowly toward the two. Both hands held open.
"Doer wun gre'as'anto, tlu al'doer wun gre'as'anto. (Come in peace, be welcome in peace.)
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

In common to the elf as he hands her his dagger with his eyes set on Doxa'era; "I spoke in jest only fair lady, but I give you my dagger none the less. This man broke however, broke the sanctity of our lands and it is my duty to bring him before my commander to face questioning. I give you my word of honour no evil shall come to him, unless he brings it himself."
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa'era is at a loss of words. Should he hand himself over to the elves? What fate would he have should he leave? Should he even try to find his way back home or will the matrons punish him dearly for failing? Fear was a powerful motivator, and quite frankly, it motivated Doxa not to flee the elves and in his decision, he turns to face the elf woman. "Dos orn'la balbau uns'aa folt ssinssrigg? Tangis'p'luin Usstan elggen dosst le'i?" ("You would show me such compassion? After I slew your kin?") He was otherwise at a loss for words but his disdain for the male elf soon became apparent as the drow shot him a wary glance, unsure if the unarmed elf would attack him or not with some hidden weapon. But his suspicions are raised as both elves speak in a tongue which he did not know.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: *Bink* She has spoken Drow, the other foolish male is trying to have a private conversation. But close enough that an edit is not required.

IC:

Tyrmer, takes your dagger and then replies to you. "Dos telanth wun wiles uk xal naut zhaun lu'dos swariy nind ph'seke wiles? Usstan kyon naut whol vel'uss dosst quarth zhah, whol nin Usstan quarth dos ulu shar'tleg dosst rath ulu uns'aa ji Usstan shlu'ta plynn nindel keeshe 'zil al. (You speak in words he might not know and you swear they are true words? I care not for who your command is, for now I command you to turn your back to me so I can take that dagger as well.)"

Doxa'era her eyes turn to you and your question. "Nau Ilythiiri zhal'la el. (No Drow should die.)" Watches both of you a bit as she draws the dagger blade over her arm, a test for poison on the blade. Also just a delay in answering the hard question. Speaks again. "Usstan tlun d'Qu'ellar Leafwood, qualla tesso vel'bolen d'ussta le'i dos inbal elggen. Mziln zhahen nind fei'ir xor olath, vel'bol zhahus l'sanrr xor zhahus ol fridj wun xonathull? Dos ph'k'jakr waela ulu talinth Usstan heru'nga l'szithrel drasv thalack lu'lar fridj uss suul le'i. Dos inbal naut jivviim uns'aa wun gil'ssrigghinn quin lu'whol nin nindel zhah z'lonzic whol gre'as'anto. (I am of House Leafwood, please tell which of my kin you have killed. Also were they fair or dark, what was the reason or was it just in battle? You are still foolish to think I support the thousand year war and call just one side kin. You have not hurt me in anyway yet and for now that is enough for peace.)"
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa shakes the suprise from him and nods to the elfin woman. " Usstan elggen nindyn vel'uss malaruth uns'aa, nau mzild, nau n'nehr." (I fought those who fought me, no more, no less." The drow pauses before the elf, as if truly not believing her story. He looks slightly wary, but does consider the fact no harm outside of his skirmishes with warriors had come to him. "T'yin plynn uns'aa pholor dosst wiles d'gre'as'anto." ("Take me on your terms of peace." The drow folds his arms across his chest in the Underdark gesture for peace. And to show he held no daggers or swords, he opened his piwafwi to reveal many empty scabbards and sheaths.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Okay that translator isn't good for extended conversations so from now on just presume I AM speaking Undercommon even though I'm typing in common. Also no poison on that dagger.

IC: To the Lady as he turns his back towards her (UC): "I dislike using the Dark tongue for those who understand others." When he is facing Doxa'era he studies his features carefully before speaking (UC).

"I swear by Lady Silverhair's light that if any wish to harm you in my camp then they shall have to harm me too. It is but a short journey hence and there may be other survivors from your group. I'm sure they shall be glad to see a familiar face."
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa frowns at the elf-man's comment and shakes his head, his white mane swirling with the action.

"They've probably gotten themselves killed by now.. If not, they won't be so eager to surrender. I only did so because I lost all my weapons trying to escape... It's ironic, however, that I get caught. Although I have no way, and no place in the Underdark any longer. Surely I will raise the ire of Lolth herself should I return."

After this is said, Doxa thinks for a moment before looking slightly suspicious of both elves.

"How have you both come to learn the drow language?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Tyrmer Throwing the one dagger into the earth reaches to you back to draw the other dagger free, with a soft spoken incatation places her other hand on your back. An aura of magic seeks to reach into your body as the dagger in your back is drawn free. Once the dagger is free it id thrown to jion the fist she has recieved.

"Srear by Lady of the dance that you should kill Drow?"

Steps away and looks to Doxa.

"Both of you as a race have hunted us for our fur, we that survive learn the words of those that hunt us. We do not harm you, but you hunt us. As for this foolish male, he claims to be a follower of Eilistrraee, which almost reguire knowing the words of the Drow."

Steps away from Tymer and looks at the two daggers nestled next to each other. Steps back further to see both males.

"I can get you some food to eat or just let you kill each other. There are songs for both. You decide"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Damn, I could have sworn I replied to this thread before BQ. I think my pc might have crashed though and I forgot to rewrite it. To translate the description of my skin to english, I have Damage Reduction 5 bypassed by magical weapons. Also the underdark is a sore point with him as you may see later.

IC: "I did not say I am a follower of Eilistraee." The elf interjects as his wound heals over. The she-elf may have noticed that whilst the dagger went in, it did not go in very far - and there was very little blood; the elf's skin is incredibly tough although still supple. "But I respect her, and if I were to follow any deity it would be her." He gets up, a strange edge to his voice that wasn;t there before. "As for my ability to speak the tongue of the underdark, I have spent time there." He walks a short pace away from both of them, ignoring the she-elf's last question.

"My camp is this way."
Last edited by Tyrmer on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa frowns upon hearing the unfamiliar goddess' name and shakes his head, ruminating for a moment before speaking. His words were almost dire in tone.

"Keep your goddess. I know the gods my people follow, and the only one that held my interest was the Masked Lord."

The drow male looks to the woman-elf, directing his next comments to her.

"Though if you still offer peace, and not torture or death, then it would only prove wiser to prefer the latter. I've been raised to value my own life and nothing else."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Smiles as the healing works and does notice th dagger not sinking as deep into the ground. Considers the offer to visit the camp and the disclaimer of being a follower of the Dark Maiden. Eyes turn to Doxa.

"As long as you do not hunt me and mine I offer you peace. He appears now to be at peace for now also. Come let us follow him to his camp and see how true he is."

Bends to pick up the daggers.

"My name is spring born, sniffer of flowers, you can call me Spring. In my language my name is Yip, grr, Yap.

Lead on I will follow."
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa'era nods but not without slipping an unreserved stare at the strange elf. He simply has no response for her words, but is tempted to laugh at her name. The ridiculousness of what the elf was called put Doxa into mildly good spirits, though for being a drow he is still in an angry disposition. To the male elf, he speaks.

"What is your name, then? And the name of your commander?"

Doxa could barely contain his amusement, expecting other such whimsical names as Spring's. However, the question was asked with an undoubtedly straight face.

The drow was not one to stand still and idly pass time chatting, so he began following the elf, but doesn't look to see if Spring is following.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"I have gone by many names from many people." Says the elf as he walks ahead. "Many refer to me as Mernath and you are welcome to do the same. My commander is named Tanuuriel; Evenblade in the common tongue or Tangistovelve in yours."
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Spring follows the two males, flowing back into her wolf form. The daggers disappearing with her body. She listens and scents the trail that she is following. If either look back at her they might recognise the blue eyes. Her fur is silver as was her hair was.