A Lost and Weary Rogue

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

A Lost and Weary Rogue

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa'era staggers through a clearing, the drow had been soundly outnumbered and defeated in battle as the surface elves had ambushed him, thinking that perhaps he was somehow tied to his brethren in the underdark. As far as he knew, however, his raiding party had failed horridly and the well-planned counter of the humans and elves broke up the group of drow, scattering them in a forest. The enemy's plan was brilliantly executed, remaining out of sight until the drow were upon them. It would seem now, returning to the present, that the ebon-skinned man would gain a reprieve from the pursuing surface elves, hoping they would leave his trail so he could at least attempt at going back home. Sadly, he did not care if he got lost in the world above, the punishment if he dared go back home, it would most likely equal the cruelness he will face among the surface dwellers. He curses at the arrow that had gotten lodged in his left thigh; all the way through the arrow went and with a dangerous barbed tip. The drow had, of course, broken the tip and removed the arrow. The bandages were already soaked with blood and any attempt to replace those bandages would prove futile as within minutes, the new ones would resemble the old. He wished he had healing salves at this point or anything to heal him better. Thinking the surface elves would not chase him down, or go for more of his comrades, he believed all he had to worry about was surviving in the wilds of the surface world.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

There is a rustle in the bushes ahead and a hooded elf steps out of them with a bow drawn tight, the shaft aimed straight for Doxa'era's heart.

"Vrine'winith lu'alu nau felah." ("Stop and go no further.")
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa is caught a bit off-guard by the elf. Grumbling that even in this clearing, his pursuers were hot on his trail. However, seeing it pointless to throw his life needlessly away, he stares at the elf in the eye. His weapons were already lost to him from earlier conflicts and it had been a very long night for the male drow. Tired, and in no mood for anything other than Reverie, Doxa heaves a sigh, quieting his thoughts before speaking, "Ula, plynn uns'aa 'zil kul'gobuss xor elgg uns'aa ghil. Ol 'udtila naut selg'tarn ulu uns'aa." ("Fine, take me as prisoner or kill me here. It does not matter to me.")
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

With a snarl of combat rushes forward to grab the stick the hooded elf holds in its hand. A large wolf tries to snap the bow in half with its teeth.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Caught off balance by this sudden onslaught by the wolf, the elf falls down under jaws, wrestling with the beast. He dropped his bow as soon as he was pounced upon and tried to draw a dagger from his wrist sheaf and stab at the wolf.
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Taking his opprotunity without question, Doxa deftly draws his blade; a short and graceful curved dagger, held upside down in the drow's grasp. Rotating the blade by the hilt to hold it properly, the soldier advances. The drow was indeed thankful that he kept a dagger from an elf he slew. Slow to get in the strange tangle between elf and wolf, Doxa'era stands close, yet not close enough to be reached by either creature. Immediately the drow suspects the wolf has and owner and immediately begins searching the brush around the small clearing, searching for the smallest hint of the wolf's owner. However, the fight at hand is never far from his mind, so catching him off guard would be a challenge.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The bow captured in teeth bounds away from the hooded elf, the blade drawn needing to look for a new target as the wolf drags the bow into the brush. A snaping of wood might be heard.

Doxa'era your search of the nearby area at best you might see a broken bow, but there is no sign of any creature except perhaps the wolf hiding some distance away.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The elf rolls and flips up to his feet as the wolf bounds away, his hood falling back. The elf is a rarity in that he is bald where most elves have long flowing hair. Stranger still is four small stumps on his cranium, he whips his hood back up as soon as he is on his feet - readying his dagger for any sudden rush.
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Doxa finds no one in the brush and thus, gives the fight at hand his full attention and sees an opprotunity. Before the elf had time to completely compose his wits, Doxa was already gone from sight, but not gone from his battle. He looms in the shadow of the bald elf and places his dagger against the spine of the male just as the elf was making ready. The movement Doxa made was brilliant and quite well-calculated. The moment the wolf let up on it's assault, the drow already made a move to stand behind the surface elf. Doxa snarls and does not hesitate in plunging his dagger toward the elf's back, planning to bury it in the creature's spine.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Presuming the dagger has no magical enchantments on it. Can the dagger be left in my spine pweeeeeaaaaase? *Puppy dog eyes*

IC: The dagger sticks into the elf's back with a meaty slurp, but that doesn't stop him from spinning round like a whiplash to hold his own blade to Doxa'era's throat.

"Usstan inbal nau daewl ulu jivviim dos."

("I have no wish to harm you.")
Last edited by Tyrmer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The wolf listens for now, content that the evil bow can not be used against her.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

[quote="Tyrmer":2lezkjiz]OOC: Presuming the dagger has no magical enchantments on it. Can the dagger be left in my spine pweeeeeaaaaase? *Puppy dog eyes*[/quote:2lezkjiz]

OOC: You really want to die? Okay, then...

IC: The sinewy dark elf leaps back at the elf's counterattack, moving far to quickly to try to dislodge the dagger from the elf's vertebrae. He curses himself for losing yet another weapon to defend himself with. Deftly, the drow takes a few paces back from the elf, keeping the red heat-seeing eyes trained on the creature. To the elf's statement, the drow almost howls with laughter, but keeps it to a minimum for fear of bringing out more compatriots of the elf. "Nau daewl ulu jivviim uns'aa? Ka ol zhah ji, t'yin ele xun dos zotreth? (No wish to harm me? If it is so, then why do you strike?)" The question was more of a joke than anything else, but it had to be said. Doxa did want to find out the motives of his surface kinsman.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: I won't die, don't worry. Could you please clarify the translation of your dialog before I make my reply, it turns out as "No wish to harm me? If it is so, then why accomplish you hit."

EDIT:

IC: "Inbal Usstan quin zotrethus?" (Have I yet struck?) Replies the elf, his knife held firm against Doxa'era's throat. He keeps an eye and ear open for the return of the wolf, not wanting to be caught unawares again.
Last edited by Tyrmer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Pads forward slowly, the paw prints unlikely to be heard, however if one or both of them are alert they might haer her footsteps nearing and if both look they will see a naked elf female enter the clearing.

"Jalukul ph'ji waela. Gaer zhah nau sanrr ulu kl'ae natha b'luthyrr, n'nehr sanrr ulu malar t'yin dos xal zhaun. Nin Usstan orn ssrig'luin ulu o'goth uss xor tu'd'dos. (Males are so foolish. There is no reason to use a bow, less reason to fight then you might know. Now I will need to heal one or both of you.)"

For one without weapons it clearly appears she does not believe herself unarmed.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

OOC: Edited for misreadings

IC: Doxa remains still at the tip of the elf's dagger, but the entrance of the new elf ensnares his attention. The drow male narrows his eyes at her, ire beginning to make itself somewhat known. "Usstan xuat ssrig'luin dosst xxizz l'essnil." ("I don't need your help, wench.") To affirm his disdain, he spits at her feet. His attention drifts back to the elf and a sneer forms, "Ka dos sekene orn naut jivviim uns'aa, dos orn skrel l'keeshe harl lu'ori'gato uns'aa alu." ("If you truly will not harm me, you will put that dagger down and let me go.") The agile drow makes a move to sidestep the elf's held dagger and to leave the area. He had no desire to be captured by the elves. Whatever their wicked designs held for him, he decided not to find out. A few questions crossed his mind that truly perturbed the drow. 'Why does she wish to heal me? Is it to endure torture? Is it to suffer some other horrific fate?'
Last edited by Doxa'era on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.