An RP...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek waits to see how Eleak and Del would react to his sudden outburst.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: hehe nice part with Xion... good thinking!

IC:

Del's eyes widened. "a [i:2v9yb3nd]HUGE[/i:2v9yb3nd] drow?" he asks.
he thought about it.
"we must warn the folks of ten towns!!" he stated
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Hmm...interesting. I am afriad that I live a quite isolated life hear in the tundra, for I have not heard of this...Xion of which you speak. However, if he is as you say he is, he will be dealt with, and I will gladly lend my sword to your cause. Although, before you have high hopes, heed my words. The barbarians around this part do not take well to strangers. They must be treated as though they have power, if we are to speak with them. And they take offense to almost everything, so watch what you say."

Eleak nods his head as though pondering the prospect, and then he speaks again. "However, both of you are right. We must warn the people, and get there soon, before this...Xion person does. Shall we go?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek looks over at Eleak. "Eleak, you have lived here longer than I and are wiser to the people here. Where do you recommend we go first?"

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"hmm" says Del "o think that we should go to the folks of ten towns.. this way the folks could give us a hand in the barbarians matter.."
"well.. shal we go" he said and looked at his 2 companions.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Delvaro, you are correct. To travel to Ten-towns first would be very advantageous. I have heard of a wise one who lives there, who is very good at speaking with the barbarians, and keeping them comfortable, while still getting what he wants from them. I'm sure that they would help us negotiate, and gain the aid of the barbarians, but I cannot garauntee it. So, for my opinion, I would side with Delvaro, and head to Ten-Towns."
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"than shall we go?" said Del
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak looked towards Malek, hoping htat he would come along as he replied, "Very well Delvaro. I will go with you. Will you come though Malek? If the barbarians become upset, we will need all the help we can get."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Sorry guys. I've been trying to think of a more interesting post than "Yes. Let's go."

IC: Malek nods slowly. "Yes. I will come. It seems to be a good idea to visit the towns, since I plan to stay for a while. A word of caution, though. The barbarians and possibly the townsfolk will be alarmed at us. We must keep our heads. We have no need to prove ourselves to anyone." Malek pauses, contemplating the most tactful way to present his strange news. "Which way is Ten-Towns?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"I disagree with you there Malek. We have - at least, [b:2rukbnfd]I[/b:2rukbnfd] have plenty of things to prove. The townsfolk do not know about Eilistraee, and fear most drow. I must make an impression on how drow are also a pleasent race, the same with some elves being evil." Eleak then thinks about his directions, and picks up a handful of snow. Throwing it into the air, and seeing the shadow it casts, he turns and says to his companions, "Ten Towns is this way. Let us go. I know one person who will be expecting us."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek bows his head a bit and chuckles. He was not worried in the least about any danger of the sort. He simply wanted a measure of his companions. "Lead on, my dark-skinned cousin." Malek watches what Eleak does with the snow and commits it to memory so he can use it later. "Well, then. Let us teach them together. Let them know that there can be friendship and unity among our two estranged races."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"That's what I was thinking. Surely if elves accepted us as friends, than others would see the wisdom of doing so." Eleak heads off towards Ten Towns, knowing that they would have a difficult time getting there, for these lands were more than just snow covered. They were infested with bandits, wolves, and raiders, and while they did not pose much of a threat, they were extremely numerous. However, with the two by his side, Eleak was sure he could make his way through without much trouble. At least...that's what he hoped.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

they walked together for 3 days without insidents.
than Delvaro noticed the lone mountain.
"kelvins cairn" he said to his comrades and pointes to the small montain. "i have heard of this mountain"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

3 days passed in relative silence. Whenever they rested, they would share tales and practice fighting amongst each other. Malek treated them by singing a song now and again to pass the time. On the third day, when Del's voice broke the silence Malek looked up to the mountain. "It's beautiful. It's obviously a landmark, so how far till we reach the Ten-Towns?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak felt good about traveling with these two. They seemed trustworthy, and always had good stories to tell, from times long ago. He also told stories, from when he fought in the mercenary troupe. He also delighted in practing swordplay, enjoying the fact that he was able to hold his own, and even surpass the others occasionaly, even though he only wielded one sword, to their two. After three days of hard travel, coming across Kelvins Cairn, Eleak stopped waling. Were they already there? Eleak meant to avoid this mountain, but now it was too late. Surely they saw them by now. "Del, you have probably heard of this mountain for a reason. This mountain hollow in the middle, with a civilization of bandits within. Treacherous cutthroats who don't take any prisoners, and usually, people don't get seen after encountering them. The details are slightly foggy, but we've only a slim chance of getting through this are. However, they often don't leave their hold, so we would be able to avoid them by going around, though it will take a few days more." Eleak fingers his sword, feeling it's warm hilt. It comforted him, and then he eyed both Delvaro and Malek, and asked, "My friends...how confident are you in your fighting abilities?"