An RP...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

"It is but a short time till dusk. We can wait, but we have to formulate our strategy now." Malek walked over to where Del was and looked intently at the four guards. Weighing in their apparent skills, and those of his party. He was unfamiliar with the terrain, but Eleak, Del, and the guards knew it well. "I think, based on the way they are standing, that I could cover 2 guards. I could kill one and keep the other alive, while at the same time, both of you take out a guard. What do you think?"
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak half listens to the two as tehy talk. Delvaro did have a point. The feeble guards were not truly able to see in the night, whereas he and the others would. That would put them at a large advantage. But inside, he wanted to run up there and just kill them all now, by himself if he had to. There was no forgiving what they had done, and the only solution was their blood. But Eleak could wait. Not very long, but he could wait. Rejoining the conversation, he says, "I'm for waiting for dusk. It seems reasonable to even attack at night. And the plan seems to sound good Malek, but as I say; everything sounds good, but sound isn't everything. I have nothing better to suggest, but what I'm saying is that if things take a different turn, I'm doing it all on instinct. Is that alright?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

A grim look makes its way on to Malek's face. "I hope things do not go badly, Eleak, for you can be fearsome in a fight. May Eilistraee guide our swords tonight."

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"While I put faith in many things in Eilistraee's hands, I do not trust her with battle." Eleak smiled to himself, whispering, barely audible to the other two, "That's why she created us. She does not enjoy fighting. But to see us fight for her cause...it brings her joy." Eleak turned and observed the building. Squinting, he says to the others, "Now. We go. They aren't at their posts." He rotates himself to look at the others and says, "Who wants some?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nodded grimly and looked at his two friends. He then silently padded away towards the guards. On the short walk there, he changes his strategy, putting away his swords and drawing a throwing knife. When the other two are in position, he draws his dagger, and nods. In one fluid motion, he throws his knife at one guard, the knife entering from behind at the base of the skull. At the same time he puts his dagger to the throat of the guard closest to him. With the hand that threw the knife, he covers the bandit's mouth and whispers, "Don't make a sound or you will be as dead as your friends."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

The setting was perfect. No guards had arrived at the post until it was impossible to see the three of them who approached the tower. Eleak's sword felt warm, and Eleak was giddy inside. This was what he had been waiting for. Two other skilled warriors would be able to help him reach his goal, and these two were quite capable of doing so. Eleak knew his way around these parts. After all, why wouldn't he? He shook his head slightly, trying to clear his thoughts, and focus on what was the task at hand. Easily the three reached the tower, and Eleak went immediately for the strongest one, catching him completely off guard and lopping him in two pieces. Whipping around, he placed his sword at the neck of the one that Malek had taken in his grasp, and whispered along with Malek. "Also, if you move even an inch, my sword will also move that far. Maybe even further, depending on how I'm feeling."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek looked around to survey the situation. One guard was still alive! "Delvaro!" he hissed, "Where the hell are you?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

As the living guard began to run, Eleak threw his sword at him, the blade spinning in midair, and travelling through the guards back, fixing him to the wall. Casually walking over, he waited for the man to stop struggling, then pulled his sword free, and let the man slump.

"It would seem as though Del either decided to ditch, or was captured. Looks like we're going to have to do this ourselves Malek. Which makes it harder, sure. But that was an impressive move of yours. I think we'll be alright."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek looked around, not letting go of the guard. He cursed, but agreed with Eleak. He focused his thoughts on interrogating the guard. He jabbed his knee into the man's side, bringing him down on his knees. "Is there another way in? You will do well to answer truthfully and quickly."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

After receiving the information from the guard, Eleak, muses over it while the prisoner is still in Malek's grasp. "Hmm...a secret tunnel you say? Now, I don't know about you Malek, but a secret tunnel may not be the best way to go, seeing as if it's the secret tunnel for the bandits, then they will all know about the secret tunnel. So would we be better off going near the front door, or trying this 'not-so-secret' tunnel?" Fingering his bloody sword, Eleak also asks, "And what to do with this one? Kill him?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: It's always fun to revive a long dead thread, is it not? ;)

IC: Malek sighed, and addressed the guard. "You did well in divulging your group's secrets. However, since neither of us trust you, and we can't have you tipping of your buddies." Malek's dagger flashed and blood poured out of the bandit's neck. A moment of contemplation and Malek broke the silence "I agree Eleak. This tunnel is secret to everyone but these cutthroats. There are likely guards posted inside the tunnel where footing is poor and space is cramped, and it would not be a good place for my sabers. The main entrance is our best chance."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

OOC: I like the way you think :D

IC: Eleak looks at the man who Malek had just killed. It's for the best, he thought. But continuing along that train of thought, Eleak suggested, "Hold on a minute though. If the bandits here think that only they know of the secret passage, would they post a heavy guard? Or would they have just a small force? The main gate is sure to be guarded well, and I'm not so sure I could dance long enough to deal with everyone... perhaps it is a better choice for the tunnel? The space will be slim sure... but it will be manageable. And I'm willing to make a wager with you that it's more manageable than a large force in an open area."

Eleak swirled his sword, getting the excess blood of it, then returned it to his sheath. Sometimes, you could never tell which way was the right choice.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: I had to use an Epic Resurrection spell...

IC: Malek carefully weighed the options in his head. There was always the possibility that the recently deceased had lied to them. Malek wanted to leave as little to chance as possible, and running out of tiring themselves out in a long drawn out brawl did not sound wise. He nodded to Eleak, wiping his dagger on the dead man's clothes. After retrieving his throwing knife, he moved off in the direction of the "secret" tunnel.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Nodding in agreement with Malek's decision. This was probably the better choice. Only time would tell though... Eleak's grip shifted from the hilt to one of a dagger, even though it was still a sword. Now it rested comfortably along the bottom of his arm, taking up less space, but still being available for an attack. Slinking along silently, Eleak follows Malek. This should be easy to get in. Should be.