Just Another Day In The Underdark

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Just Another Day In The Underdark

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Don't worry there are no paragons here, just the same name :p. Also I KNOW this is one of the most cliched openings EVER for RPs; BUT I DON'T CARE.

IC: Tyrmer fled along the tunnel with his heart pounding in his ears. The sound of pursuit had grown distant some time ago, but he knew the darklings would never let a slave escape unharmed. Panting and wheezing he dived into a smaller offshoot from this tunnel and kept on running. Eventually out of breath, he just collapsed in the middle of the tunnel.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: Okies, thanks ^^
IC: She walked along the Underdark, seeming too comfortable in her surroundings. She hears someone running down the tunnel, watches him fall. She looks at him cautiously - she hadn't survived by running to every - seemingly - helpless person.

She walks forwards cautiously, slipping a dagger out of a hidden sheath just in case.
Last edited by Arya Baenre on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The man lay still, his face to the floor. His chest barely moved to show he was still alive.
Titles:

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She kneeled down beside him, turning him over, tilting her head slightly. She nudged him with the hilt of her dagger. "Are y'awake?"

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: He is completely zonked out XD

IC: There is no response from the man, not so much as a wince or a jerk.
Titles:

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

delvaro was walking beside niz'tar'a when they saw the man , or whatever it was , falling to the floor..

[i:393aicyu]"you check on him.. i will ckeck for ambush"[/i:393aicyu] he flashed in the hand code of the drow..
he watched her go to him adn stared into the tunnel expecting a hanflul of monster to jump on him and slay them all..
he watched for any signs for ambush but found none..

so he asked her
"is he fine?"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: Sorry - I forgot to say ... this isn't Niz'Tar'A - she's a new character of mine ... I [i:1jwvr3kp] think [/i:1jwvr3kp] I have a name for her, but I'm still working on it ^^

IC: She shook her head, motioning in the silent hand code just in case. [i:1jwvr3kp] He's completely unconscious - could it be poisoned dart? [/i:1jwvr3kp]

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: lol XD so tell me your name lass! i will edit it =]

IC:

he inspected the unconscius figure... he didnt notice any darts of some kind...
so he inspected the area.. he saw his footprints.. he didnt even try to conseal himself!

[i:3rkjjona]"i think he is just... collapsed.."[/i:3rkjjona] he flashed back..
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Mounted on his lizard grins and watchesas they tend to the escape slave. Perhaps the reward for three will be much better then just returning the one. Readies his hand bow and aims first for the female as they are more dangerious. The bolt is fired from out of the shadows of the ceiling of the tunnel, before it strike the next quarrel is loaded and aimed at the male.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:100qoc3p]Unen remains invisible as he watches the lizard rider fire at the two who were attempting to discern the reason for the slave Tyrmer's state of collapse. Jarlaxle had insisted that he follow and protect this slave from harm, the gods only knew why, but he did as he was told by the charismatic mercenary leader, as always.[/color:100qoc3p]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: =D After hours of thinking ... I still haven't worked on a name, but I might post it in a charrie bio ^^

IC: She hears the wind of a crossbow quarrel, shouting in alarm, she dives to the side, just as the crossbow quarrel lands exactly where she was a moment before after slightly grazing her arm. She ignores the wound, hoping that losing some of the somewhat-tainted blood would get rid of the effects of the quarrel. She stands, forgetting both Tyrmer and Del, looking up at the ceiling, not noticing the other dart sent for Del. (That is if Bhaern sent it already)

Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

((Hope you don't mind me jumping in. *Smiles))
((Update: Edition to the post, grammar fix, and added details.))

The smell of carnage, the over baring energy of chaotic play and greed filled the air. His nostrils ready, taking in the every scent of battle soon to come. It was near second sense to him, playing as an adrenaline to his veins that pumped through his entire mammoth body. Xion, titled by Lloth herself and deemed as the Slaughter King, his name had meaning. Brutal, murderous and cold natured, he was tactical and arrogant even compared to the most ignorant of Drow nobles. He was a psychopath, a means of lust and sexual desire was rumored to entice him in the moment of battle, the smell of death and the ability to snuff an enemies life was apparently his means of pleasure.

This king, this menace to the Drow means was something that even Lloth wouldn't touch, she had her reasons. Like a dual edged blade, either way his fate was set, and either way, it benefit to her name. His goal, a unity of his people. To take them as one and sweep their superiority across the surface, removing all impure and heretic races, starting with the irritating, and deluded Elves. If he fails, he proves males inferior, and their lives go back to the way they were. She was a curious one, Lloth, his blessed and holy goddess above all others. In Xion's very eyes only two people mattered with blind following and submission, Lloth, and Mother.

His form was unnatural for a Drow, not built for stealth and quickness, for sneaking about with swift and flexible motions. No, he was built for war, for the clash of swords and fists. He stood a good 6'8", his body over 250 pounds of pure lean muscle rippling across his ebony flesh. Moon lite off white hair teasing around his chizzled features, and teal eyes that seemed to take in any form of light to let off their own eerie pulse of life.

He stood their, a good 500 feet from the mess before him. It was out of his physical site, but the sounds about, their was something going on, as always, hidden from the view of the public. This after all wasn't his city, so why bother with such beings, their inferior reasons were of no value to him and his own righteous goals of perfection.

"[color=darkred:2t1phuiu] Izis.... What do you say? [/color:2t1phuiu]" From the depths beyond black, Xion's shadow peered from behind him and to his side. It was frail looking, slouched with slimy like bone fingers that played across each of their knuckles.

"[i:2t1phuiu][color=darkgreen:2t1phuiu] Ssssssire. I believe thisssss issss the placcccce you sssseek. Perhapssss thissss placcccce can hold a decent posssicion in battle, it would make a great fall back to our... [b:2t1phuiu]YOUR[/b:2t1phuiu] planssss. [/color:2t1phuiu][/i:2t1phuiu]" The licking maw hissing inwards to swallow what escaping saliva from its coated maw of tendrils. Izis, Xion's personal Advisor and the closest thing he could call a 'friend', even if with eyes watching the Illithid's every move.

" [color=darkred:2t1phuiu]Good, continue the scouting. I'd like to have a look about for a while longer, make and take every precaution needed. [/color:2t1phuiu]" His words were stern, hand raised gesturing Izis off to the shadow he came from, and Xion set forward to the possible battle ahead. Izis without hesitation bowed with a near mocking form before turning about, fading into the pitch black around him.

Any that knew Illithids were involved, their was a great price to pay, but in Xion's position, he had plenty to return for their information, let alone someone to 'announce' at his side. Even Xion was intelligent enough to know this Illithid had and unmentioned agenda, but they both grew an attachment through understanding and respect. Beyond that, it was only time.

His steps were calculated, methodical and loose to drifting from the physical about him. He was said to have a glare of a man beyond the reality before him, placed beyond in the madness of his own mind, or what shattered thoughts still connected. He was observing, curious by nature, and wanting them to notice him. Would they ignore him? Put up a guard? Or maybe even ask for help? Perhaps something his mind couldn't grasp, compassion, not in the means of pity and mercy, but by all means, curiosity drove him to contemplate what they would do. No weapons were about his body, nothing beyond the armor and that sinister smile curling about his lips. It's eerie presence enough to set most Drow off with discomfort like glaring at one of the lost. Teal hues would crackle about the darkness, shifting their colors with what little veins of oceanic crystal would dance about into the consuming pupils. Inching his way, no motions of offense or defense, just the seeming stranger that followed what little noise was down the halls and beyond the darkness.

'[i:2t1phuiu][color=darkred:2t1phuiu]What should I do?[/color:2t1phuiu][/i:2t1phuiu]' his thoughts lingered beyond, the very prudent ego giving him an idea that maybe, just maybe Lolth was listening. His fingers twitched, hungry to feel that last gasp of air from whatever may be beyond his sight perishing from his very fingertips. The sound of tightening leather, crisply stretching to the fingertips as the would wrap around flesh, puncturing and penetrating deep into the blood filled gash of the apple. That smell, the surprise on their faces, it was a means of excitement that tickled down his spine and surged through his right hand.

'[i:2t1phuiu][color=darkred:2t1phuiu]No, I cannot.[/color:2t1phuiu][/i:2t1phuiu]' Irritation furrowed across his brows. He realized that his hunger for slaughter wouldn't get the best of him in such a position. Even if he could escape and mass slaughter, it would only prove more difficult with them prepared for an attack. He had to stay cool, to remain under the noticed of whatever spies, magics, or divine eyes may be watching him. What a fool he would be to so easily give into temptation now, not when civil war was so close, so firmly grasp in his fingertips.

Adamantine greaves would slowly make pace, their heavy weight along with the solid steps of his heavy body would be easily heard. He wanted them to notice someone coming, to prepare themselves with confusion on how to react, friend, or foe.
Last edited by Xion on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: uhm... xion.. well... why did you have to write THAT long? in the RP guides they say you shouldnt write so much..
next time plz try to write lil' less than that.. no offense.

IC :

Del heard the sound of a quarrel so he jumped back and crashed against the wall. he quickly drew his swords. he got them in time to block the second one. he jumped to a roll to try and get to the crossbow shooter , and meanwhile he whispered a word and the outlines of his swords glowed in red. but then he noticed a form coming to them from the tunnels.. he didnt knew if it was foe or friend , but he didnt have the time to do something about it as another quarrel nearly hit him in the eye...
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Jesus Christ! All this attention over little old me?

IC: Tyrmer remains face down in the muck of the tunnel, oblivious to all that goes on.
Titles:

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

((OOC:Bhaern, what is the postion of your lizard rider, is he on the floor of the the tunnel, stuck to the ceiling, or what?))

IC:

[color=olive:k64iatvj]Unen moves over to Tyrmer whilst trying to stay out of everyone's way. Remaining invisible, he casts a globe of darkness over the area, then attempts to cast an invisibility on Tyrmer. (He casts the two spells after he's kneeling next to Tyrmer)[/color:k64iatvj]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination