Just Another Day In The Underdark

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Odion

Post by Elrohir »

Sheilding his eyes for a moment as the bright light came to life then dimmed.

"Well i can tell you arnt directly from down here. I am, or shall i say was. I have lost count of the years since i left. Hence Archmage Eternal. Honestly i cant even remember my birthday anymore or even know how long i have been here. I was just down here doing some reserch. And I was going to stop by and see my Son. His City isnt far from here."

The archmage chuckled to himself as it seemed he was being tickled on the neck.

"Hercules stop that." *Chuckles*

Reaching up he pet the invisable creatures head as a low purr like growl rumbled from its belly.

"As for magic down here There isnt much to really be found down here. The Gnomes might Share with you Some of their elemental Earth magic. Dont even hope to get any aid from those Llothites of Menzoberanzzan. If your path takes you all the way there then seek out Gromph. That is if he is still alive, But if its more knowlage you seek. Then you have crossed paths with probably one of the most Learned mages in all of Toril. Simply because I have been here for so long. If you want to Your more then welcome to join me at the Midnite Academy. The schools Central library Reaches all the way up the full 17 stories of its Main spire. My Brethren and I have spent what would seem like an eternity collecting The ancient arcane scriptures through out all of Faerun. It was quite hard to convince those bastard red wizzards of Thay. But that was a long time ago."

Pausing in silence he awaited the tid bit he said to sink in.

"So misshapendly setting things on fire huh? How many fires have you mastered? Did you even know there is more then one type of fire."

He seemed to come out of that simple boredom like state as he begain to ask about her knowlage of fire. Fire being his Speciality and all.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

Rau nodded after several moments, tapping along her golem for several moments, casting her eyes about the cavern, taking in those surroundings.

"I know that there are several different types of fire, though I used the simplist of techniques...Ahh the days of being a teenager...So much fun..."

She would cough slighty, the golem following her slowly as her gaze shifted above the mans shoulder, concentrating for several moments before raising that staff, rubbing her fingers across the top of that orb held up by that golden dragons-claw. "This Academy of yours...It sounds quite interesting, and I'd like to see it sometime...Knowledge is nice, and anything you have upon my particular....Craft...would be nice."
Life....So mundane it seems to some...Live wisely while you can...for soon, the strong will once again walk this plane in un-death, bidding the will of the Pale Mistress....
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

A smile spread across his face as she mentioned the good ol teenage years. Then he held up his right fist then opend it sudenly as all five of his digets became ablaze with five diffrent types of flame. (red, blue, green, black, white) Counting from his thumb.

"Red Is the fire of destruction, A fire everyone knows quite well. Blue is the frozen fire, This fire doesnt emit heat but emince amounts of cold flames. Green is the fire of life its healing touch can even revive the dead. Black fire is the fire of death, This fire is particularly dangerouse as if used right it can obliterate some one entirely from existance. Everyone that has had any interaction with the person or object will loose all memories of that person/object. White fire is the fire of purity and is one of the hardest to master. This fire can counter the power of black fire as well as heal and revive It also burns hoter then red fire."

Closeing his hand the flames extinguished.

"As for your dark craft of raising the dead. You should speak with my son Sol. He took the darker path as well. We shouldent be to far away. Lets just hope that we can get by the dead walkers with out any hinderance."

The cavern looked to be compleatly diffrent and the sounds of the others had dissapeared.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

Rau would laugh slighty listening to the man, taking note of each of those five elements of fire. Her fingers would clench about her staff for several moments, holding it tightly as she wrapped an arm around her Golem, a smile on her face.

"Sol...Could be an interesting... Our reasons are very different for raising of the dead, Mine are...well...Let's say It's private for the time being."

Her eyes would glance about before hopping back up onto her Golems back, pausing for several seconds. Quiet she was used to, but this silence was odd....Somewhat disturbing to the Tiefling.
Life....So mundane it seems to some...Live wisely while you can...for soon, the strong will once again walk this plane in un-death, bidding the will of the Pale Mistress....
Elrohir
Regular

Odion

Post by Elrohir »

"Any one who raises the dead into unlife has their own reasons for doing it. To me Life and death are not the greatest forces of the universe. So i dont mess with either I dont need an army of unliving or living to acheive my goals. All i need is My Inner FIRE!!!"

Shouting the last word as he wraped his fingertips around the end of his own staff and the crystals became alight with their own fire as they fed into that top violet colored Gemstone He arced the flames with his hand and sent the Violet colored flame into a streight shot far back into the cavern The flame caught a suprised Humanoid shape off guard as it wailed and fell from its clinging spot against the wall. The firelight burning and licking at the newest corpse. The light in the cave would reveal the suprised look of some simple orcs. Who quickly draw back their bows and let loose their arrows fly before they take flight them selves. Five arrows in all now race twords the pair of wizzards.

Odion calmly looks back to Rau and waits to see what she is going to do about the impending danger.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Silently cursing, Zazzt banishes the illusory self, and five magic missiles streak, and collide with, the five violet arrows, both consumed in the collision, drawing a pair of throwing daggers, Zazzt throws them at the mage who cast the violet fire. "You are tresspassing on MY territory, cease these attacks, and state your purpose
Elrohir
Regular

Odion

Post by Elrohir »

(OOC: cool a new player but you should be sure to read the posts more carefully. The arrows are orc arrows not Arrows from Odion. But none the less ill role with it. :) The more the merrier in the games i say.))

IC:The Old Archmage frowned as the new comers magic missles streaked for the arrows. locking his eyes upon the magic missles his right eye twitched slightly as the missles would wink out of existance. (Counter spell, Archmages ability Mastery of Countering) The arrows still followed their descent twords Odion and Rau. The daggers would bounce harmlessly three feet before the archmage and a thin violet wave would shroud in a circle around an invisable wall of force.

"Thank you Hercules."

[color=indigo:2m3fqssq]His attention returning to Rau

"What do you do lass in the face of iminent danger. No matter how mundane the attack, We are all still flesh and bone. My death would be on your hands as well young Teifling. They are getting close."[/color:2m3fqssq]

With a twitch of his left eye an illusiory image of himself as he is now sitting atop his magic carpet.

"Last I knew these tunnels leading twords Dark Home were guarded by my Son Sol Demonius. It could be my memory is sligtly off as it has been a very long time since i have visited these tunnels. Or my son has not found you yet. You couldent be his friend or ally at such a bold claim to an area of the underdark. I think the question should be, who are you who so boldly makes claim to something that isnt his in the first place."

((OOC:Im off shooting my original plan for the game Rau and I were heading to Dark home and are now within the borders of dark home Before Odion called the orcs to attack and even summoning the fire to kill one of those orcs to spurr them to attack. He is Testing Rau of her ability. And since you have shown that you are a practissioner of the arcane be ready to be tested your self))
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

Rau would drop back slighty, both hands clutching that staff tightly for several moments as she followed that flame, then the arrows nearing the two. She would reach up with her right hand, scraping her palm across the tip of one of those golden dragon claws, leaving a clean streak of red across her left hand. The glove upon her left hand would slip down, revealing pure white bone. Snapping her wrist forward, she would whisper several words of that ancient language, her golem taking a step in front of her, its shield raising before she planted her hands upon the ground.

"I survive.."

A moment would pass before that figured clawed its way up, ancient fingers pulling themselves through the small circle, pulling itself up. Its body was wrapped in cloth bandages, scented with incense and oil as she grinned widely. It was big, tough, and...well...smelly.. Each of those arrows would indent into the greater Mummys body, blocking the two from the five arrows.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((oh joy... I think you will find that to be quite challenging...))
Zazzt wlked into full view, drawing a pair of gleaming scimitars, the one in his right hand leapt into firey life, and the other became surrounded in a sheath of electricity, "Well, that was unexpected, to say the least... My name is Zazzt, by the way."
Elrohir
Regular

Odion

Post by Elrohir »

(OOC: Zazzt you ve got to give me something more then two lines to work with man. Can you do that for me. its just hard for me to work off one or two lines. If you do this it will be a curtesy to me and probably others who read. And will also expand your writing capabilities. It would be much appreciated if you do that for me next time.))

IC: The illusiory figure of the archmage on his carpet frowned slightly as the apparent owner of these tunnels spoke.

"Zazzt. hmmm you surely do seem hostile with your actions right now. The magic missles the daggers and now your drawn swords. We have shown no hostility twords you. Im testing a possibly future apprentice. We will be out of these tunnels in no time."

The illusiory image of the archmage drew a square infront of him And placed the palm of his hand on that square and whispered something inaudible.

(If Zazzt would walk to much further he would run into an invisable wall of force. The only way to get rid of it with out the help of anti magic. Is to have a higher will then The 7000+ year old archmage.)

[color=indigo:3hz1eck8]"A greater undead to stop some simple arrows. That seems like an extencive use of power for such a menial task."

Flipping through one of his books That was bound in red leather.

"Ahaa! here try this one next time."

Takeing a peice of parchment on a hard peice of slate He begain to trace out the spell from the book onto the scrole with his finger as the writing would burn into the page.[/color:3hz1eck8]

The spell "Re-Route" Re routs an attack or comeing projectile be it magical or mundane back twords its originateing attacker. In the case of melee attacks as the spell is cast and the sword is nearing its mark would fade from existance in a line of red fire. Cutting into something like a dimeinsion door. And re routing that attack at the back of the originateing attacker. in the case of projectiles the projectile is simply replaced behind the attacker where ever it may be. In the case of magical attackers. It works the same as melee and projectile the only way its unnaffected is if the caster was casting through a scrying pool or crystal ball. The attack would still be re routed but the end effect would appear some where at random 100 foot away from the caster of re route.
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

The tifling turned her gaze up towards the Archmage, her eyes alight with the fire of longing as she stared up at that parchment. She would wait until he finished before reaching up and grasping it from the man, her eyes reading over that page over and over before closing her eyes, quickly commiting it to memory. She would extend her arms to full length, stretching both out as her left sleeve rolled down slighty, revealing that bone wrist. Rau would bring her right hand across, quickly tugging it back up.

"Thank you Odion, much appreciated... But as for you..."

She chimed out, a smile on her face as she set a hand upon both that greater mummy and her favored Golem, her head shaking slighty.

"You should not be so quick to show aggression...I've been around the block more than once, discretion is well advised."

She would grasp that staff once again, a grin upon her face before shaking her head. "Now now Rau...Don't work yourself up again.."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Srry, om not one for paragraph replies, nd i write short stories, so I have enough writing experiance... lol, yea btw, I like to make up spells, nd other effects... well itd be an interesting change in style...
IC: Zazzt, remembering that the female had a strange arm, turned to her, "Interesting arm you have, how did you get it?"
Zazzt turned back to the archmage, a look of surprise on his face, "Not hostile..." A smile broke out on his face, he sheated his weapons, he bowed, "My appologies, do you wish to test us seperately, or as a team... or perhaps a free for all?"