A True Goddess

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arya Baenre
Resident

A True Goddess

Post by Arya Baenre »

She stumbled, her tattered dress still showing the sign of Llolth's Faithful and her House symbol. She held her hands out as she fell to the ground, but could do nothing to stop it.
She had been travelling for days, not stopping for anything. It was a foolish thing to do, but one she felt she had to.
She hadn't eaten for days, hadn't rested. There were slight bags under eyes that no longer showed their usual lustre. Her usually beautiful white hair was tangled and dirty.
Darknesss took her quicker than night took day. She fainted, her hair fanning out around her, the grass dry and hard and most definitely not the same as the soft, comfortable beds she was used to.
But she had no choice.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Jarad having trapped a few rabbits, makes his way to a clearing in order to cook them. The area has been dry so the clearing clearly required to pervent the risk of a major fire. Glad that he had brought with him extra water for the two day hunt. Clad in leather enters the clearing and sees a lump on the ground with scattered hair. Easing his sword steps closer to see what it is.

It soon become clear that it is a female that has traveled hard. Sheathing the sword for now and setting aside the rabbits, slowly knees by the body eyes every watchful for a trick. A dagger in one hand a water skin in the other.

"My Lady can I help you?"

Waits for a reply or lack of one before seeking to do anything more now. It still might be a traps of some kind. Eyes dart from time to time to the shadows as they grow in the gathering dark.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She remained motionless. The wind swept through the clearing, gently ruffling her hair.
A soft moan escaped her parched lips, but her eyes remained closed. She wasn't aware of anything at the moment, lost in a world of dreams and horrors that only she could know of.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hears the moan and sighs, laying down the dagger takes the water skin and wets your lips to just you the water you might need. Knowing well on without water a long time should not be given much when trying to bring them back.

While waiting to see how well you take the water, slides off his cloak to cove you.
polaristhe2
Maid
Maid

Post by polaristhe2 »

ooc: let's try this again...

ic: sounds of a low tuned flute echo of tree barks and leaves. Ilphven was listening to the resonance of his music, when something other than music came back to him. Moans. He gives his best to take a look at the source of the moaning, by standing on some moss covered stone.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Stirs softly, her eyes opening to show a pure amber. Her eyes open wide upon seeing Jarad, not noticing Ilphven. She sits up, his cloak falling down to her lap, and stutters, at a loss for words.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ilphven sound travels far in he deepening night, but the direction clearly appears to be coming from the East. Trees and shadows from the dim moon light makes it hard to see two people on the ground. Though the sound of your flute did cause Jarad to look in the direction that the music appeared to come from. Seeing nothing close turns to attend to Arya.

Arya as you sit up, leans back at first as it might still be a trick. At your stutters speaks. "My Lady, I offer you water and food. The loan of my cloak until your garments are repaired or replaced. My name is Jarad and for at least a short time your servent. If you desire to hold the waterskin I can start to perpare the dinner that I can offer you."

The amber eyes are noticed and admired but not spoken of.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Looks at him, tilting her head slightly. My ... my thanks, Lord ... I am ... Niz'Tar'A ... and I would appreciate your [i:2va5dxy7] company [/i:2va5dxy7], if you have no other business ..." She emphasizes company, a clear sign saying that she disliked casting anyone into slavery.

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=green:24w0kqdk]Teal eyes scan the woodlands for the source of the music. He tugs his dark green hood further down, slowly and silently approaching the direction of the sound, his reasonably broad frame moving through the undergrowth with surprising skill.

He rests a hand on the handaxe looped through his belt, the leathers binding his form in colours of black, dark brown and green blending with the surroundings almost flawlessly.[/color:24w0kqdk]
polaristhe2
Maid
Maid

Post by polaristhe2 »

standing atop of the moss covered stone, did anything but good to Ilphven. The slippery moss provided more than superb conditions for a nasty lunge to the nearby bush. A very thorny bush. His flute flying away, as if chased away through the air by the screams of a young drow, found it's safety between two stones. Ilphven, tangled, in the thorny bush, made his best effort to mutter Vith, before passing out.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Starts, hearing the sound and jumping up, a dagger in hand. She searches the clearing, her amber eyes resting on the bush the Ilphven had fallen into. She sees a dark form, but almost immediately dismisses it a some sort of tree, still not used to the World Above.

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:1xwgd54q]Sarafin hears an incredible racket and goes to investigate. When she gets near she sees another drow female crouching while holding a dagger as well as another person next to the female. The female appears to be watching the trees, so Serafin looks that way and can see a bush shaking, some distance off. The female looks to be a little the worse for wear.[/color:1xwgd54q]

((OOC: I tried to fix it so that the rest of the story still works and this post is still somewhat believable. Sorry.))
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Sees Sarafin and backs away catuiously, not knowing if she could trust any of those she saw.

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:2yfvwubj]"There is no reason to be afraid, I am a servant of the Lady of the Dance, and I welcome you to the world above, where the moon and stars shine brightly.[/color:2yfvwubj]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((*qumbles and fusses* Unen you have been around long enough to know that all players should be given some time to reply before posting again. Also that Ilphven is (or was) at least some distance (at least 100 feet, could have been over 1,000, a rather long fall) from Niz'Tar'A and Jarad. Searching for the loud nosie will bring you to Ilphven. I am not sure where Velve is as of yet. However to try to further play at least for now will not be asking for a backstep (or three) ))

"Niz'Tar'A I am honored to meet you, I do have business of skining some game, but I can do that here and share the meat with you."

The fall of Ilphven off the moss covered rock brings Jarad to his feet, his sword in hand looking toward the sound. "My Lady Niz'Tar'A we are not alone, there may be danger near us."

Notices the dagger quick to her hand, wonders if it would have drank his blood if things were different. The arivial of Sarafin to the clearing of course draws his attention. Your words hread still studies you blade not lowered.

"Lady Silverhair I have also heard her called, but not all that say they follow, truely do. There is danger about, some music in the distance a crushing of bushes and my companion is in need of aid. Perhaps you will stand guard for us as I tend to her?" Remembering that Niz'Tar'A wears the emblem of a Lolth House clearly does not seek a killing becaause of religious belief differences.