The boy, the metal, the maker

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

As the magic begins Malek stops humming, taken aback by the purity and essence of the mysterious hum that comes now from a new source. Once the magic fades, he leans back, overcome by a sudden calm, a tranquillity that could not be fully explained. He looks back at Mortath; calm peaceful, and questioning.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Listens to the song while drying hair, detects and sees the magical effects and watchs though fingers still comb out her hair. Her weapons close to one side of her the fire on the other. In the silence that follows even as the magic lingers speaks.

"Mortath I think you have touched the elements with song magic, a skill I do not have. My offer remains open to you to join me in shelter from the daylight. You need to take many steps, some could lead you to danger and others to completeness of being the best of what you can be. After I dress for the short travel you are welcoe to come with me."

Talia's eye then look to the quiet Malek. "My offer extends to you as well. A bear has loaned me the shelter for the few days I am here. Come with me if you wish."

Hair nearly dried, moves away from the fire and starts to dress. Eyes glancing from time to time to each of the males she has found, perhaps it could be said she found by them. Sips the last of the wine offered by Malek and sets the empty glass toward him as she continues to dress.
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

Post by Mortath d'drostan »

:: Hearing of joining her made him smile so slowly he nodded a bit to her words of welcome...but when he heard her words of traveling on with her and being helped in this world of the unknown his lips near beamed his words softly speaking out about his song however as he slowly said::

..Song..not mine....its..grounds...trees....earth

:: His brows furrow in trying to explain the song of the heart that he felt through him but he could only look up at the both of them with a sad look that he could not explain further:

..shelter...
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

"You need not explain now. I will join you for now, my cousin will not mind if I am late." He takes back the wineglass and puts his and Talia's into his pack. He stands up and gathers his belongings. "I am ready to go when you are."

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Mortath, yes I understand that but come with me now" Dressings completed extends on hand to you. "It is but a few steps from here, compared to the many steps you took to get here"

Malek watches as you pack away the glasses. "We can go now, perhaps a message can be sent to your cousin that you are well and just delaid? Come follow us and do not attack a bear, unless you are sure there is danger."
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: Slowly his hand rose up to take hers his free hand keeping ahold of that small piece of ore..to her his hands would feel very warm one would think near feverish but dispite everyhitng they were soft even after all the hard labor he must have endured. Eyes slowly looking up to you and then to malak he just waited for everyone to be situated and start walking his thought going curiously about the bear:..whats...a bear?
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek chuckles, "I'm a Ranger. I know what to do with a bear. But then again, Mortath does not. Hmmm, a bear is a large, furred beast that...it's difficult to describe something that I see everyday. You will see these bears, and we will coach you on how to behave around them so they do not think you are a threat. First, don't walk in between the mother and her young. She will kill you."

Malek waits for Talia to start walking, and says "Hmmm...I don't know about the message. Unless you have a bird to carry a letter or magical means I'm afraid it would be impossible. Really though, it's not necessary. She is patient and understands that I, as a Ranger devoted to Eilistraee, might be delayed."

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Mortath takes you hand.with her right hand. "Then come with mr. The Journey is but a few minor steps in your nre life."

Nods a little at Malek description, however adds. "My friend is brown and not yet with cubs, walks on all fours and is about five times your size. Indeed making angery can mean your death."

Eye turn to Malek, "I have a few bird friends as well that can carry a message should you desire. It is good you have an understanding cousin. Come now to shelter"

Leads the two to a cave. "The left side is mine, I think Mortath should use my bed to rest. If Malek agrees will will take turns keeping watch."

The cave dimly lighted does show a bed of fine cloth. As eyes might glance about they might notice a rock built froge near the enterance and a backpack near the bed.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Room for a little one? Psst, its a myconoid.

IC: As the three reach the cave, they may notice a large toadstool that has sprung up near the back of the cave.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: What's a myconoid???

IC: Malek nods, "I will take the first watch. Give me a moment to unpack my bedroll." He unrolls his bedroll and sets down his pack. He removes his weapons belt for a moment to stretch. On the ground are two nilarn, a long dagger, a bow and quiver, and a few throwing daggers. Afterwords, he sits down on the ground and takes in his surroundings while waiting for a response from Talia. He makes note of this toadstool, but doesn't think anything of it.
Last edited by Malek on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: He would not move in swiftness to the bed that looked so inviting from the stone ground of the caves that he had once slept..he took a small step in that direction before stopping and looking between Valia and Malak..hearing of a night watch had his brows furrow a bit but his sleepy gaze returned back to that bed::
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Entering the cave eyes sweep about it noticing the mushroom ((OOC: Size?)) "That was not here before, the bear would have eaten it."

Malek nods to you, "ready your bedroll and I will take the first watch unti noon" Eyes glance again to the mushroom. "Some of them are deadly, bed near Mortath in that you might each protect the other should the need arise."

Mortath turns and smiles to you. "You have traveled long and hard to get here, take a rest this day, the next is soon enough for you to stand a watch and perhaps meet a bear. For now go to the bed and rest, may you have sweet memoriries while you rest.?

With that said, draws her sword with left hand and watches the mushroom and the enterance of the cave eyes moving to keep track of both within seconds.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Ohsitz I knew I'd forgotten something. Its Tiny, cat sized.

IC: The mushroom moves almost imperceivably now and again, as if stretching or someone moving in their sleep.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nods and moves his bedroll closer to where Mortath will be resting. He then replaces his weapons belt and moves toward the cave entrance.
Last edited by Malek on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: His eyes blink to the mushroom as it...shifted..his eyes were rubbbed and blinked for a few times...thinking it must have been from what little rest he obtained the small one smiles a bit to Valia before he slipped off his worn boots and his top cloak...alll were not drow made...though they were infact made of some form of leather it seemed...simple and a deep deep grey to brown..after getting ready he shifted onto the bed quickly scurrying under the covers and not even getting all the way within as even the strange softness of the bed sent the boy outcold from his exsaughsting journey..truely one more day might had been his last it seemed..the boy must have either blessed or lucky::