Wildwood: Red Eye Clan

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Wildwood: Red Eye Clan

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The current situation:

~The Red caves~

*Gargan the guards greet you as you reach the cave enterance.*

*Snarg watches the boys eat and tries to qwell the arguement.* There is enough food for all of you. We will wash then bring you to the Shaman. You will obey her. Where are your best clothes. *not sure how much the young will understand concerning best, they clearly can tell him where thier clothes are. If they do not have any thing good enough, is quite prepared to deliver them naked.*

*Kagurd you are given respect from those stil in the cave. The clan is cleaning up. You are recorded respect for your size and the fact that Snarg treats you as second in command.*

~The River~

*Rez-frahl nods in agreement with Dragin* It is agreed *Steps over to Ona to take the clothes away* We will wash them for you. Go and do what else you want to do, when dry we will bring them to you. *Dragin smiles to his wife* I have made a good deal my love, let us return to our cave to make ready for the Shaman. Then I will go hunt for food.

*Bear nudges Bruurrn when Kena looks up at them. Bruurrn watches the girl but sees her attention quickly goes another direction and relaxes.*

*Rez-frahl brings Ona's and Dragin's clothes over to Hagalaz* We wash these also, Dragin will hunt for us. If he hunt good for us, he wants some time with you. Not like deal, but I can not stop him. Maybe though you have children soon. Then no be clan slave any more.

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa speaks to Verlansia* Take rod and look for metal, rod will point and tell you what is near and how much. I will need ores to make somethings. Repair shield I promised, perhaps make more pots as well. *The she speaks to Grona in Common.* This place almost clean. We will then work our way to the main cave, checking each place. Soon you can return to your normal life.

~Central Cave~

*Katze watches Elhaz struggle with the other orc over the body, she picks up what is left of the boar. Ready to help Elhaz if she needs it.*

~Hill top~

*Bruurrn speaks to Bear* Well those at river not see us yet, Verlansia is not there with them. We go to cave I think then. Maybe they are friendly.
*Starts down the hill toward the mouth of the cave, not expecting a friendly welcome. Spells considered in mind as perhaps the best way to deal with the Orcs. It is said they are weak in magic so magic might awe them.*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Probably bad form to say it but I was sort of making Gargan hang around the cave entrance to casualy bump into Bruurrn but I think I'll scrap that.

IC: Gargan nods shyly to the guards and makes his way into the main communal area of the cave to see if anyone seems to need help with anything. He sees the three female orcs fighting over the corpse and one of them storm off after being tricked into falling over it. He sees the pretty red haired elf poking around with a stick, he thinks to go and ask what she is doing but a sudden rush of heat rushes over him and he finds himself unable to move. Thinking he must be ill he quickly tries to cleanse himself with a spell, by the time he as cast it he cools down again. He goes to talk to the pretty red haired elf but his body doesn't seem to want to cooperate, giving up he sits down far away from Verlansia but watches her (and tries to be subtle).
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd continues his casual patrol through the common caves. His thoughts falling upon the lack of arms and armor, and the quality of the little they had. He would have to see the new shaman, perhaps she would know of ways to make better armor and weapons, perhaps a way to find the metals needed for most of them also.

The clan seemed to be healing from the inside now that the sickness was being delt with, yet is another orc clan invaded they wouldn't have the numbers or equipment to fend them off, let alone if any groups of humans or... with a bitter twist to his mouth he dared not speak of more drow coming.

He was perhaps the second best warrior in the clan, he knew that well. Despite it not being long since he was brought into adulthood, he had been trained hard by Ragah ever since he could walk, and had been praised as gifted even while young. He felt no pride in the fact he was a strong warrior, only in that he could use it to help his clan. And so he would. He decided he would begin training the men of the clan...
As this ran through his head he thought of Uru, and that she was as skilled a hunter as many men of the clan...
Mentaly he shook himself, and corrected his thoughts; He would begin training anyone in the clan that showed promise and enthusiasim for such ways. Train them more so than they had been before. And with proper arms and armor, the clan would become plysicaly stronger than it had before.

He began to wonder when their clan had orignaly started dieing, if it was Ragah that had somehow brought about a slow demise none saw coming. For surely Snarg had to be one of the best Chiefs the Red Eye's had ever had... Then shook his head. The past was past. He would look to the future.

He found himself standing at the mouth of the cave, looking out across towards the stream, and grinned. The clan would become strong again.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[quote="BQ":1bo8rsgo]*Rez-frahl brings Ona's and Dragin's clothes over to Hagalaz* We wash these also, Dragin will hunt for us. If he hunt good for us, he wants some time with you. Not like deal, but I can not stop him. Maybe though you have children soon. Then no be clan slave any more.[/quote:1bo8rsgo]

[color=green:1bo8rsgo]Hagalaz stands stirring clothes over the boiling water. Steam rises, perspriration saturates her foul smelling, naked green form like a blanket. She glares briefly over to Rez-frahl and wipes her nose on the back of her hand.[/color:1bo8rsgo]

[quote="BQ":1bo8rsgo]~Central Cave~

*Katze watches Elhaz struggle with the other orc over the body, she picks up what is left of the boar. Ready to help Elhaz if she needs it.*[/quote:1bo8rsgo]

[color=green:1bo8rsgo]Elhaz realizes that the orcan woman doesn't seem to understand the severity of the situation.

[b:1bo8rsgo]"No eat dead orc! You get sick, die too! Wait, more food coming today! Take this, my pledge. "[/b:1bo8rsgo]

Elhaz removes her gold nose ring and gives it to the other orc woman as a token of trust that she will make good on her promise. The ring is uniquely designed so that all know it belogs to Elhaz.[/color:1bo8rsgo]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[quote="Tyrmer":3w3xkq0w]
Gargan nods shyly to the guards and makes his way into the main communal area of the cave to see if anyone seems to need help with anything. He sees the three female orcs fighting over the corpse and one of them storm off after being tricked into falling over it. He sees the pretty red haired elf poking around with a stick, he thinks to go and ask what she is doing but a sudden rush of heat rushes over him and he finds himself unable to move. Thinking he must be ill he quickly tries to cleanse himself with a spell, by the time he as cast it he cools down again. He goes to talk to the pretty red haired elf but his body doesn't seem to want to cooperate, giving up he sits down far away from Verlansia but watches her (and tries to be subtle).[/quote:3w3xkq0w]

[color=orange:3w3xkq0w]Verlansia's amber eyes give off a soft ambient glow in the dark cave. The elf occassionally looks back to Gargan and wonders if perhaps he might have fallen ill but he seems to have regained his composure so she returns to her search. [/color:3w3xkq0w]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~The Red caves~

*Snarg by force of will, gets the boys fed and dressed without them killing each other, ot him killing any one of them and starts to herd them to the new Shaman, hoping to convince her that it is her duty to care for them.*

*Gargan, the guards indeed let you pass as an outsider friend. The passing by the three orcs in the Central cave is not noticed by Katze.*

*Kagurd your watching the river, delays you noticing a bear and another red hair elf nearing the cave, until Bear growls. Bruurrn speaks softly, but will a steel in his voice.* I have come for my sister *Meaning, another flame elf of female gender.* Bear knows she is here. Return her, or bring me to her in peace or Bear will eat well.

~Central cave~

*Elhaz, Katze considers* I give half bore now, if fight stop. *cuts what is left of the boar in half and offers to the orcen female. Then looks to Elhaz* We need to burn tis food? *meaning of course the dead orc* for safety of clan?

~The River~

Hagalaz, dearist *Rez-frahl, trying to win her good will,* perhaps we can sat Dragin does not bring enough , even if he brings a bear. *glances to the caves* By deity, there is a bear there.

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa smiles to Grona* We are finished here, time to work on cleaning the rest of the caves.

*In Elven* Verlansia are you finding any metals?
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Bhaern Quel":mrplbqxn]
~Central cave~

*Elhaz, Katze considers* I give half bore now, if fight stop. *cuts what is left of the boar in half and offers to the orcen female. Then looks to Elhaz* We need to burn tis food? *meaning of course the dead orc* for safety of clan?

~The River~

Hagalaz, dearist *Rez-frahl, trying to win her good will,* perhaps we can sat Dragin does not bring enough , even if he brings a bear. *glances to the caves* By deity, there is a bear there.

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa smiles to Grona* We are finished here, time to work on cleaning the rest of the caves.

*In Elven* Verlansia are you finding any metals?[/quote:mrplbqxn]

[color=green:mrplbqxn]~Central cave~

The orc female snatches the half of boar and growls,

"This not enough. I keep gold until Elhaz make good on bargain."

Elhaz shakes takes up the orc body over her shoulders.

"Yes, food bad. Boar clean. Must wash clothes and burn food to ashes now or die. "

~The River~

Hagalaz drops the stick she is using to stir the clothes, looking toward the direction of the caves.
She pokes Rez-frahl with the dry end of the stick and smiles widely, bearing her rotting teeth.[/color:mrplbqxn]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd studies the elf and bear for a moment when they appear, annoyed at himself that he allowed them to catch him by suprise.

He frowned for a moment, the bear was indeed big, and looked very strong, and if the elf was commanding the bear he must be strong also, and he had foolishly been caught unarmed. His life ment little if it would aid the clan, but how many would die before the elf and bear were subdued? The risk wasn't worth it. Best to let him with what he wishes, perhaps they could get away with little, or no losses to the clan that way.

The large orog nods, and without a word turns and begins walking into the caves, relying on the elfs wish to get to his 'sister' not to have him stabbed in the back. Silently praying this was the right decision as he took the flame elf through the tunnels.

"What you want your sister for? She came to us freely. She could have run away if she wanted to.." He said, hoping to gain some trust from the elf, though he felt such a thing near impossible. He was still perplexed as to why the female flame elf [i:29bwabsi]had[/i:29bwabsi] turned back and come to them, when she could have outran them.

To those orccs he passed, he made calming gestures, hoping they will believe he knows what he was doing, just as he hoped he was.

OOC- Will wait for your response before actualy arriving at Grona's cave. And I assume Bruurrn was speaking in something Kagurd could understand, as he still doesn't know much common at all :p
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Sorry I haven't deleted this but the forum never shows me the delete button, just the first three (and only a bit of the third one at that).
Last edited by Tyrmer on Sun May 07, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~Red Eyes caves, somewhere~

*Snarg leads the boys to Grona's Cave as clean as can be reasonable expected, dressed if they had anything good to wear.*

*Dragin having recently returned to the caves with Ona, sees Bear* Wife a hunt might be very easy today, but we return to our cave now. I get weapons and you if you feel up to it, contiue to ready cave for Shaman.

~Central cave~

*Katze completes the transaction, but qumbles at her demand for more including the golden ring.*

Elhaz, should I come with you? *eyes glance toward the enterance where people can be heard moving.* Someone comes and one sounds big. *As Bear appears on the way to Grona's Cave she shrinks back to the wall to try to protect what boar she has left*

~The River~

*Hagalaz, Rez-frahl nods at the poke* Yes Dear there is a bear, however that does not mean Dragin will win you. The guards will take care of it I think. We might have the night to ourselves.

~Grona's Cave~

*A converging point for many right now, with Bear perhaps causing the most interest*

*Kagurd while Bruurrn's command of orc not as good as yours it is the language he has been and continues to speak to you in.* My sister is a female, do you understand a female? I do not know yet why she came here freely *thinking if that is true* however she might have been upset. I know she belongs someplace else and not here, Bear knows it as well. *Bear growls perhaps at the smell of crc blood when passing though the central cave.* I will know more when I speak with her. Bear expected a fight and I am glad you have recieved me in peace.

*Vanessa looks out at all that seem to be coming, in common to Grona* I think things are getting very interesting, We have some males to deal with one way or anothe. Be ready in case of trouble.

Verlansia *In Elven, Vanessa speaks* Come to my side, we can find metal later, this cave is clean.

*Bruurrn hearing an Elven tougne spoke and seeing Verlansia also speaks in Elven* There are then three of us here now, I think perhaps 20 orcs, we can be on surface quickly. Bear will help as well.*
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[b:1q38s9jm]~Red Eyes caves, somewhere~[/b:1q38s9jm]

[color=green:1q38s9jm]The boys wait for the rare opportunity to evade Snargs watchful eye to trade playful, hard slaps to the others' arm, face, or a blow to a leg.

Ona responds to Dragin by raising an eyebrow, as she did not notice the bear, and nods with a slight hint of a smile. Once they arrive at their cave she looks around and arranges their belongings into a more acceptable arrangement.

[b:1q38s9jm]~Central cave~[/b:1q38s9jm]
Elhaz stops short from speaking to observe the oncoming Bear. Her arms lift up from her sides, her feet move slightly apart, her form leaning in toward the direction of the bear. She tries to determine her course of action. She could run, stay still, or attack. Elhaz chooses to take a defensive stance, she steps in front of Katze, should the bear turn to attack.

[b:1q38s9jm]~The River~[/b:1q38s9jm]

Hagalaz makes a few soft, low grunts in response. She probably has a case of the sniffles.

[b:1q38s9jm]~Grona's Cave~[/b:1q38s9jm]

Grona respond to Vanessa by looking around for a weapon and picking up a large, rough stone the size of a beach ball.[/color:1q38s9jm]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

OOC: Grr! I posted here before, but apparently it didn't regester...

IC:
As they arrive at Grona's cave, Kagurd takes a defencive possition at the entrance, half blocking the way out. He hoped it did not come to combat, but if it did he would give the rest of the clan time to get ready from the attack from within. Taking another risk, he decides to speak up, still in his native tongue. "Should you force us to fight, we will do so with all the fury we can muster. Lets not allow it to come to hostility." His voice is calm, yet with a steel fury behind it showing how he means exactly as he says.

While remaining rigidly still, his eyes scan for a weapon within reach, should he need it.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Damn I've forgotten what I posted before now!

IC: As the male flame haired elf and the massive bear walk into the caves Gargan jumps up and grabs his axe but calms when he sees Kagurd walking beside them, he would not betray his clan. He sits down but watches the flame haired elf closely. Gargan puts him down as the female flame haired elf's mate, he does not know why, but it irks him terribly.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Herding cats, *wink*

IC:

~Central cave~

*Snarg herds the boys though the center cave on the heels of the bear and flame elf. Tries to figure out what is occuring, but time and danger makes for little time.* Dear wife, I will follow the bear *debates leaving the boys with Elhaz or perhaps the young Katze, before deciding what to do with them.* The boys will come with me, my dear do what you must.

*Katze also not thrilled at seeing a bear in the central cave, wonders why her last romantic interest is leading it and a elf, appreciates the cover that Elhaz offers her.*

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa replies from the cave in Elven to Bruurrn* Yes there are three elves here, but no battle will take place if you seek the best outcome. These orcs are under my protection. No one will die here unless someone is unwise. *Steps from the cave passing Kagurd to face Bruurrn sword in her hand* Verlansia I think he might be here for you, do you call him a friend?

Grona' *In common, after seeing weapon selected.* You wait here, you know what to do if I retreat .

*Bear so far has made no agresive moves, unless you count a rumble in his chest.*

*Kagurd , Bruurrn lies easy to you in orc* I seek no battle with you, I just want to bring my sister home. *As Vaneassa steps from the cave into plain view* By deity, that is not an elf that is a Drow. *starts forward readding a spell while considering the words spoke, there again no Drow can be trusted*

*Snarg ariving perhaps without the boys, readys his battle ace* You, elf you will not survive attacking us. Your sister can be returned to you without blood.

OOC: Gargan, not sure how to work you into this, except of course you were noticed as just another orc to be killed by Bruurrn or Bear.

IC:

~The River~

*Rez-frahl wonders ove the reply his slave/mate gives him as he contimues to watch the cave enterance.* Hagalaz, the clothes will end soon. Then we might be able to wash, then rest. Much depends on that bear I think.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd offers a guteral curse as the flame elf readys an attack and picks up the nearest thing that resembles a weapon, which happens to be a shoddy halbred. "She has helped the clan. You and your bear [i:1cgkue2z]will[/i:1cgkue2z] die if you harm her!" He warns almost the same instant Snarg speaks, readying himself for the battle likely to come.