A random encounter...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

A random encounter...

Post by Malek »

(OOC: Never Free Formed before, please be gentle if I do something wrong.)

Malek leaned up against a taven wall, pausing for a glass of wine before continuing on his quest. The forest of his clan was not far from here, but it had been centuries since an Elwesoron set foot there. A sigh escaped his lips as he thought of the futility of his quest. He would probably never find the artifact he searched for, but he knew that he would never rest if he didn't try.

His glass still half full, Malek looks about at the people around him...
Last edited by Malek on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

In a corner of the tavern's main room a Kitrye-Ilythiiri female leans aganst the listening to a Bard sing a ballad of some long ago hero. She was wearing a black leather brigandine vest over a shirt of chain. Under the chain she wore a black quilted cloth gambeson. On her head she wears a black quilted arming cap under a chain coif. On the table in front of her sat a steel nasal helmet. On her arms are a pair of steel vambraces. From a double wrap weapon's belt an eligant longsword of unknow make hung on her left. Its hilt, crossguard, and pommel are all of blackened steel. Also hanging from her weapons belt was a five finger wide almost shortsword length dagger with a gilded hilt. Several pouches also hung from her belt. Her legs were covered by black heavy cotton britches and mid-thigh-high black leather boots. A seconed sword hung from a black back hanger baldric; its hilt was peeking just over her right shoulder. Two small knives sat in their sheaths on the shoulder strap of the baldric. On the black leather covered kite shield leaning against the wall next to her right leg was a figure of a Drow female with long flowing hair dancing with a sword over her head.

From the pleased look on her almost obsidian black face it was obvious that the woman was enjoying the Bard's song. Her lips were drawn back in a smile that was not forced. The smile even touched her eyes with a light that made her seem more alive.

The half-Drow had a familiar look to any that have recently been in the environs of the region. Only she did not seem as sullen as the ranger rumored to be passing though. The woman looked as if the light of Eilistraee was radiating from her.

In her right hand was a tankard of the inn's best brew. On the table that her helmet sat on rested a platter with a roasted rabbit upon it surrouned by roasted vegetables. A steel diner plate and a set of wrought iron eating utinsils sat next to the platter. On the plate was the remains of a meal.

Though she was listening to and enjoying the performance of the female human bard the half-Drow woman's eyes were scanning the gathered crowd in the inn. It was as if she was searching for someone or something.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

(OOC: check here: http://www.eilistraee.com//forums/viewt ... 1714#11714 for my character description)

As Malek looks about he notices the drow woman from across the room. Curious as to what would bring a drow to the surface Malek crosses over to introduce himself.

"Vendui. I am Malek, a ranger. What news from the Underworld?"

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"L'Har'oloth?" said the Half-Drow, "very little I am afraid. I was born on the surface in the Silver Marches long ago. I heard tales from my mother and grandmother about it though. Tales about the intrigues, murders, and the dread priestesses of Lolth were common listening in my grandmother's home, but mostly as cautionary tales of the abuses of power. My family follows the Dark Maiden even in our new home on a world far different form this one."

She turned her gaze at the jaluk. He was not an unhandsome sort. The Half-Drow decided that it was worth an introduction.

"I am Sabine Rahn, daughter of Nadylene Vrinn, Paladin of Eilistraee, Attorney at Law, and I am pleased to meet you Malek."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

"Oh, my sincerest apologies." Malek blushes with embarassment. "I'm afraid I am once again, jumping to conclusions. I didn't notice the symbol on your shield."

"Well, as I said before, I am Malek, eldest son of the clan Elwesoron. I am a ranger, and I have devoted myself to Eilistraee. Though, much too recently. Nice to meet you Sabine Rahn."

He motions to an empty chair nearby, silently asking if he might join her.

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Sabine nodded her affirmation and gestured with her right hand to the chair.

"Yes, sit, I can use some company," said Sabine.

She then took her seat as she was not going to stand while her guest sat.

"What brings you here to this inn my friend?" she asked.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek sits down gratefully and sets his pack down on the floor.

"I'm just passing through on my way to the ancient forest to the north. I am searching for a certain item. I saw it in my dreams, and I knew what I had to do. I know it sounds cliche but it's the truth. My clan used to live in that forest, so I think I should start there. Though, I have no idea where this item is so I'll probably never find it."

Malek pauses to sip his wine.

"Not that it matters. I needed to get out and learn things for myself. Learn how to fight better, learn about the wild, learn about other people. I especially hope to learn more about my religion. The priests of Corellan Larethian aren't very willing to talk about the drow pantheon, even if Eilistraee is a good goddess."

Another pause, as Malek sips his wine again.

"Enough about me. What about you?"
Last edited by Malek on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"I understand," said Sabine, "even when we, my clan and family were still living here on Faerun the cult of Corellan Larethian was never our best neighbor. We had better relations with the cults of Helm, Tyr, Mystra, Mielikki and Lathander. In my case I guess you would say that I am an oddity."

Malek's quizzical look ask the unsaid question.

"How am I an oddity you ask?" said Sabine. "Well I am a paladin of diety that champions what is good for the sake of goodness. Her tenants are simple and she is not as demanding of her followers as shall we say Tyr or even more so Helm?"

"As to what brings by to this inn, well I am searching for my older twin sister. She crossed back over to Faerun a couple of months ago. Silke was due back on Earth the middle of last month. The thing is when she is not searching hear for clues to the where abouts of our father; she teaches students at the university in our new home city about the myths and legends of Toril and Faerun then compares them to the ones of Earth's cultures. Eight weeks ago though as the three of us Rahn sisters, Silke, Ursula and I shared a table with our human friends from back here on Faerun, Sinead and Bianca in a tavern called the Fifth Street Pub a cousin of ours from the Underdark paid us a visit. Qulie our Underdark residing cousin came to Earth to kill us and our mother Nedylene. It seems in the time before our exile to Earth Lolth grew angered over our work in assisting the people of Neverwinter and Waterdeep, especially in Waterdeep against the Valsharess. While Ursula and I remained in Waterdeep to help the people and the city's watch against those monsters and drow that ran freely through the streets, Silke went into Undermountain and then on further to the depths of the Underdark to assist some of our sisters and brothers in Eilistraee against the imperial designs of the Valsharess. Silke helped to defeat the Valsharess and then was imprisoned in the coldest level of the Nine Hells for her success by the Valsharess' enslaved Devil prince. I fought his minions on the surface of Toril for months before I went to where Silke was trapped. Silke being only a Shadow Dancer, Ranger and Rogue was prepared maybe for battle on Toril or in the Underdark, but on a plane of Hell she was not as prepared as say a Paladin."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

(OOC: that is without a doubt, the last thing I expected to see)

Malek stares at you for a few moments after you finish (O_O). These moments are filled by an awkward silence.

"...earth??? What the...nevermind. Well, I understood what you said regarding your sister's disappearance. Perhaps we should join forces for a time. It sounds like you could use a pair of fresh eyes on this search. Plus, I am a skilled tracker, if I do say so myself. If you agree, I ask only that we start our search in the forest I mentioned earlier, for two reasons. First, your sister could very well be in this forest. Two, if my hypothesis is true, then we will find many useful items in this forest, only one of which is the weapon that I'm looking for."

Malek finishes off his glass of wine and sets it down on the table.

"I'm sure that both of us could use the company. What say you?"

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"I would welcome the company and the extra sword. I am not the swordswoman Silke is. She is quite skilled with most anyblade. Silke is deadly with the two-bladed sword, the greatsword, the bastardsword, the rapier, like I said most any sword. That is her second course of instruction at Washburn University where she teaches fencing. She instructs university students on the use of the blade both for sport and defense. That is not to say I am not good with a blade, but my vocation is a warrior dedicated to my goddess," said Sabine.

Sabine drank some of her ale. Then she continued.

"Silke now is also better at the art of stealth than I. Guess it goes with being a Ranger, a Rogue, and a Shadow Dancer."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

A smile spreads itself across Malek's face.

"I think you'll find that I'm pretty good at both stealth and blades. Well, when do we start? I have no more business here, so I'm ready when you are."

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Sabine downs the last of her ale, wipes her mouth with the back of her hand, and scans the tap room once more.

"Ready when you are Malek. Lead on," said Sabine.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

(OOC: Your huge post on Earth and whatnot has been screwing me up, so I'm gonna ignore every bit of it except for the part where you are looking for your sister.)

Malek stands up. "Excellent. Now then, before we start our search, I would love to check out my clan's ancient home in the forest. If I don't find the Snow Leopard there, then I will think of it as a side quest. Do you have any objections?"