MoonLight, Deepest Night, Within the Glade a Maiden Dances

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Suddenly the young drow bursts out laughing. "Aw, saw through it that quick, did you? You're no fun. You can call off your- whatever he is. It was just a little harmless joke, human."

He lets the spells drop and gives the man a little bow. "Haven't I seen you before? Elwyn, was it? Nice to see you, too. Is this how you always greet people- with your golem ready to bash them? Course, I suppose it was only natural, in this case. But what would you have done if I had been a real ghost? It doesn't look like he could hurt one."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn twitched his fingers, and Gurguch stood straight, the swords all sank back into his back, "Ah well technically he himself no, but a few of my swords there have magics on them to strike ghosts, but I would have probably run." Elwyn chuckled, "However, you interrupted my daily training, and I think you might as well pay up for your little trick." He crouched down into a fighting stance, "Just you and me, something to get my weary bones up and ready for the day ahead. What say you?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He grins. "A challenge? Non-lethal, I presume? If so, I accept, but I warn you, I'm much tougher than I look! and no help from your "little friend" there, that just wouldn't be sporting- though I'm sure I could take you both."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, "If I used Gurguch, it would be lethal, and I don't have healing magic... not in the usual sense any way. But if you are so sure of your abilities... perhaps, we could try with Gurguch... or perhaps another puppet?" He had a mischevious twinkle in his eye.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shakes his head, eying the puppet warily. "No thank you. I prefer not to shed blood unless it's neccessary- especially when it's mine! Just us, it is, then. Weapons? Flat-blade, staves, or just unarmed?" He sets his travel pack aside, along with his lute, casually spinning his cherished blades end over end with nimble hands, grinning.

"It's been a while since I had anyone to practice with- this will be fun!" His eyes are lit with a gleam of anticipation, while he waits for Elwyn's response.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Since I don't want to kill you, I will fight unarmed, my personal weapon... is slightly unorthodox, so then, ready yourself." He carefully walked up to Lothir, and bowed before him. Suddenly, he spun out of that bow, his left leg trailing around in a powerful kick at Lothir's head.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He sees the leg come spinning toward him, and with lightening fast speed pivots aside. "Flats, then," he chuckles, switching his grip on the two sabers. He slaps them side-ways at the other's back as he comes out of the kick, then suddenly starts to sing as he gets into his battledance...

http://www.imeem.com/kyliezee/music/Pax ... -fighting/
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn accepts the hits, and uses them as a leg hold to jump slightly higher, and flipping over the drow completely, landing a good 5 feet behind him, facing the singing fighter, "Hmm, impressive, I should be more careful than that in the future." He smiled, and opened his fists, his stance changing completely, feet sliding apart, and one hand towards Lothir "Alright then, lets see you try this."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow whirlsback to face Elwyn even before he lands, one foot pivoting to send him spinning toward the human with arms outstretched, like a cyclone of blades, still singing the rediculous song. A sort of half-crazed light fills his eyes, as he wears an expression of exstatic joy, his combat style making him look like some manic figure skater on speed, only without the ice. He makes a twirling leap that carries him ithat nearly five feet from where he began, in an arc that puts him just behind Elwyn, with two more quick taps on his opponent's rump. The last one just barely brushes his left ear, showing in no uncertain terms that he could easily have taken his head off had the blade been turned.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The hits on Elwyn's body complete the circuit quite nicely, the swords, being metal, conduct very well, and Elwyn spent the time in the air to call upon his puppet master training to charge his body with a small electrical current, not enough to kill, but enough to cause Lothir some disorientation.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He feels the slight surge of electrical energy, and it sends a tingle trhough him, but he ignores most of it. Drow magic resistance being what it is, he's felt much worse. A harpy's claws and the sting of his father's whip, for starters. Not to mention the blast of magic missles from an angry aranea, or a behir's breath, he amends silently.

He simply alters his steps to take the jolt and turn it into part of the dance- which moves with a chaotic grace that hides the precision of each twist and weave with flourishes that dazzle his opponent with flashes of light off his gleaming swords, and the audible hum and ring of the perfectly balanced blades through the air in time to his song. Just for fun, he calls out in a sing-song voice, blending his words perfectly into the tune:

"Is that the best you've got?
Then impressive you're not.
Gotta do better than a flip
Or that weak kick from the hip!"

"oh-oh-oh-oh!!!!...."

Grinning like a Cheshire cat, he pivots and slides into a new position to Elwyn's left, thrusting both blades out to the side, then suddenly bringing them slaming together in a vise-move across the other's middle before swinging around again to the front, then whipping them down low at his legs.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn simply stepped backward, avoiding all of Lothir's attacks, "We aren't trying to kill isn't the point of this, hence I didn't put a lightning bolt in your grinning face," He suddenly grinned, "But the idea still has merit." A flash of light appeared, and when Lothir blinked the light from his eyes, moments later, Elwyn was not in front of him, with no tracks to show where he went. A silent crackling could be heard right from under Lothir's neck, the obvious beginnings of a lightningbolt.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He stops dead in mid-step, and listens for any sign of the other. He looks around- and above, can't discount that possibility- to see if the human might be hiding nearby. He frowns at the silent ruins, and shouts out at the empty air.

"Whoever said anything about killing? I just wanted you to know that I COULD have, if I were inclined to it. This was supposed to be a FRIENDLY match. Drop the bolt- we should not need to resort to magic to decide this. Besides, have you forgotten I'm drow? Magic has less effect on us- though it still hurts like hell. Of course, I doubt it could be any worse than a behir's bolt, in which case, it's just going to piss me off!"

He waits a moment for a response, meanwhile muttering a spell under his breath.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn stood up, facing Lothir, "I agree, but my lightning is much worse than a behir's, take my word on that," He quickly jumped back, landing a dozen feet away, "Magic is a crucial part of our combat styles, why not practice that too?"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He chuckles, suddenly envelpoed in a pale silvery glow. "Oh, you think so? I don't rely on magic to fight. Mine is mostly to entertain and bring the Lady's joy to the world. Of course I do have a few nasty tricks of my own, should it ever come to that- but I don't think you would like it overmuch if I used them on you. Ever hear of the bonefiddle spell? I could litterally play your bones like a fiddle- hence the name. It's a bit messy."